***Browns @ Broncos Game Day Thread***
-
i really dig what you are saying but i disagree about the earth not being around for ever I believe in time it will shake us all off like fleas and move on
Forever is a long long time Atom. And we're here because the sun is doing it's job turning hydrogen into helium. Einstein's E=MC2. It doesn't take turning much matter into energy to create a lot of it. The sun is essentially a controlled hydrogen bomb. FWIW, the amount of matter turned into energy when a atom bomb goes off is a fraction of an ounce. Yeah, that's a little bit of a digression, but the amount of hydrogen our sun has is finite, and when it uses it up- goodbye earth. The sun is going to go on expansion diet to keep up, just like plenty of other stars we already know about. Earth may wind up as a cinder inside it- there's giant stars we know about that a lot of our solar system up to Saturn would be inside it. The good news is that's billions of years in the future that we're not going to have to worry about.
As to Nickers us being a space faring populace- I hope so. The last thing to figure out will be how to break the "light barrier" shades of Star Trek and Star Wars. As back in the 40s trying to break the sound barrier- it seems that the speed of light- 186,000 miles per second- is the speed limit of this universe. And currently we're snails on that scale getting anywhere close to that speed. & Why if we ever get close? Because of another of Einstein's strokes of genius- space and time are linked. The faster you go, the closer time gets to zero. If Albert is right- if you ever break the light barrier- time will start going backwards. Now how's that for a thought to get your mind of a Browns loss?
Forever is a long long time Atom. And we're here because the sun is doing it's job turning hydrogen into helium. Einstein's E=MC2. It doesn't take turning much matter into energy to create a lot of it. The sun is essentially a controlled hydrogen bomb. FWIW, the amount of matter turned into energy when a atom bomb goes off is a fraction of an ounce. Yeah, that's a little bit of a digression, but the amount of hydrogen our sun has is finite, and when it uses it up- goodbye earth. The sun is going to go on expansion diet to keep up, just like plenty of other stars we already know about. Earth may wind up as a cinder inside it- there's giant stars we know about that a lot of our solar system up to Saturn would be inside it. The good news is that's billions of years in the future that we're not going to have to worry about.
As to Nickers us being a space faring populace- I hope so. The last thing to figure out will be how to break the "light barrier" shades of Star Trek and Star Wars. As back in the 40s trying to break the sound barrier- it seems that the speed of light- 186,000 miles per second- is the speed limit of this universe. And currently we're snails on that scale getting anywhere close to that speed. & Why if we ever get close? Because of another of Einstein's strokes of genius- space and time are linked. The faster you go, the closer time gets to zero. If Albert is right- if you ever break the light barrier- time will start going backwards. Now how's that for a thought to get your mind of a Browns loss?
Precisely Larry!..
-
Forever is a long long time Atom. And we're here because the sun is doing it's job turning hydrogen into helium. Einstein's E=MC2. It doesn't take turning much matter into energy to create a lot of it. The sun is essentially a controlled hydrogen bomb. FWIW, the amount of matter turned into energy when a atom bomb goes off is a fraction of an ounce. Yeah, that's a little bit of a digression, but the amount of hydrogen our sun has is finite, and when it uses it up- goodbye earth. The sun is going to go on expansion diet to keep up, just like plenty of other stars we already know about. Earth may wind up as a cinder inside it- there's giant stars we know about that a lot of our solar system up to Saturn would be inside it. The good news is that's billions of years in the future that we're not going to have to worry about.
As to Nickers us being a space faring populace- I hope so. The last thing to figure out will be how to break the "light barrier" shades of Star Trek and Star Wars. As back in the 40s trying to break the sound barrier- it seems that the speed of light- 186,000 miles per second- is the speed limit of this universe. And currently we're snails on that scale getting anywhere close to that speed. & Why if we ever get close? Because of another of Einstein's strokes of genius- space and time are linked. The faster you go, the closer time gets to zero. If Albert is right- if you ever break the light barrier- time will start going backwards. Now how's that for a thought to get your mind of a Browns loss?
so your saying there is a chance The Browns win a Super Bowl before the lights turn out ?
so your saying there is a chance The Browns win a Super Bowl before the lights turn out ?
To put it in in an astronomic perspective, the odds of the Browns making the playoffs now is about the same as the earth getting hit by a major earth targeting asteroid in the same time frame....
In a billion or so years- anything is possible.
-
Baker sucks, but I think Baker's failure to see what's happening on the field is partially a failure of the coaching staff. Getting the play in late every down isn't giving him much time to see what's going on pre-snap. He needs some goff-level help.
-
so your saying there is a chance The Browns win a Super Bowl before the lights turn out ?
To put it in in an astronomic perspective, the odds of the Browns making the playoffs now is about the same as the earth getting hit by a major earth targeting asteroid in the same time frame....
In a billion or so years- anything is possible.
To put it in in an astronomic perspective, the odds of the Browns making the playoffs now is about the same as the earth getting hit by a major earth targeting asteroid in the same time frame....
In a billion or so years- anything is possible.
well some day hopefully we will make it
but my point was that humanity will be the end of earth as we know it and the planet will move on sorry i misunderstood what you were saying
-
Somehow this discussion about the Earth ending is actually less depressing than the Browns season is right now.
Somehow this discussion about the Earth ending is actually less depressing than the Browns season is right now.
I feel like we're on the same wavelength today.
LOL You wanna do Karate in the garage?
-
I was out to dinner...missed the game...but when I see Mayfield with 27/42 and chubb with 20 carries.... yeah..we are a run first team.
Get rid of whomever is calling this wretched selection of plays.
I was out to dinner...missed the game...but when I see Mayfield with 27/42 and chubb with 20 carries.... yeah..we are a run first team.
Get rid of whomever is calling this wretched selection of plays.
no nfl team in 2019 is 'run first'....and if they were they would be 2-14. at best.
This is a passing league. You pass to get the big lead, then maybe you can run some. Passing is just so much more efficient than running. All these holding penalties on running plays now just makes it even worse.
-
The Browns are not good.
no playoffs this year. No more soup for you....NEXT
-
We did everything fine except for score in the red zone. No turnovers, limited penalties, and won time of possession. But if you kick FG's instead of getting touchdowns, you will lose unless you have a rare defense. We most certainly don't have THAT. Ya know, I'm about sick of hearing about our defensive line. Those assholes haven't done SHIT. You know what's really funny? Myles Garrett echoed the very same sentiment that I said about him. The same message that a member here ripped me for, and that's his failure to make any meaningful plays during the game. Where are our stars? They certainly don't shine on Sunday, I know that much.
-
Ravens beat the patriots handily. Our coaching is terrible. It won’t do any good to fire kitchens now, might as well give him
the year to lose out
-
We did everything fine except for score in the red zone. No turnovers, limited penalties, and won time of possession. But if you kick FG's instead of getting touchdowns, you will lose unless you have a rare defense. We most certainly don't have THAT. Ya know, I'm about sick of hearing about our defensive line. Those assholes haven't done SHIT. You know what's really funny? Myles Garrett echoed the very same sentiment that I said about him. The same message that a member here ripped me for, and that's his failure to make any meaningful plays during the game. Where are our stars? They certainly don't shine on Sunday, I know that much.
We did everything fine except for score in the red zone. No turnovers, limited penalties, and won time of possession. But if you kick FG's instead of getting touchdowns, you will lose unless you have a rare defense. We most certainly don't have THAT. Ya know, I'm about sick of hearing about our defensive line. Those assholes haven't done SHIT. You know what's really funny? Myles Garrett echoed the very same sentiment that I said about him. The same message that a member here ripped me for, and that's his failure to make any meaningful plays during the game. Where are our stars? They certainly don't shine on Sunday, I know that much.
yeah.....i think fg's would have won yesterdays game, but as you stated, you need an exceptional defense and god knows, we don't have one....creampuff small db's that can't tackle worth a shit....dl that in the beginning of games they look ok but as the game goes along, they wear down....i like the way this wilson kid looked yesterday, but that is not enough...we can't put consistant pressure on the qb....fucking rookie qb smacks us around again....2 turning points in the game were the mayfield qb sneak that failed as they took over and ran the ball right down the field for a td and the richardson personal foul on the qb deep in their own territory....we have tooooooo many issues still....oh well, next yr........maybe...
-
The Browns have given up. The defense, especially the back field, think this game is more like two hand touch. I've never seen so may safeties and corners pull up on a tackle only to realize the receiver did not go down but continue for another 10 to 15 yards. Why should the care? These guys are already looking forward to next year and hopefully free agency and get a pass to get the hell out of Cleveland. I wish I could point the finger at something, the coach, the qb, the defense or the offensive line but this is beyond that. There will be no more "wait till next year" or "all we need is a ...". It's time to realize that this team is cursed and there will no next year and the Browns are destine to be a sad side note in the NFL. Art Modell realized that and left Cleveland and produced a Super Bowl winner a few years later in Baltimore. Haslam needs to realize that and relocate the team to another state, a sort of a hard reset. Let the Browns die with two parts that tell their story, one part that entertained and won here and there and were champions and the second part that they were the laughing stock of the NFL. St Louis is looking for a NFL team for their brand new stadium. All Haslam has to do is wait till the contract he has with the city expires around 2023, then pack the buses and moving vans and head south-west. Let the Browns die and let all their fans off the hook so we can move on to other teams, like the Steelers or Bengles or Buffalo...or I dare say the Ravens!!
Browns will lose out the season. Yes even they will get beat by Miami. 0-2 against the Steelers, 0-2 against the Bengles, 1-1 against the Ravens, with loses to Buffalo, Miami and Phoenix . It's about time for the Browns to take their rightful place in the basement of the AFC North.
-
A concern I have is the lack of design using Bakers mobility in our favor sans him just scrambling. No boots, waggles, half field reads, sprint outs with designed rubs for cheap and easy chain moving yardage. Witnessed a few last night the Ravens used to great success.
This needs to be a run first team now, and moving into the off-season re: draft attention to the Oline and play calling. The best teams in the NFL right now are almost all run first teams. Check the numbers - San Fran, Seattle, Minnesota, Baltimore, New England... Running teams that attack their air game with play action and high YPA.
Right now this team lacks identity, leadership and, in some cases - ability.
Side note: does it look like Baker has been drinking to anyone else?
-
The Browns have given up. The defense, especially the back field, think this game is more like two hand touch. I've never seen so may safeties and corners pull up on a tackle only to realize the receiver did not go down but continue for another 10 to 15 yards. Why should the care? These guys are already looking forward to next year and hopefully free agency and get a pass to get the hell out of Cleveland. I wish I could point the finger at something, the coach, the qb, the defense or the offensive line but this is beyond that. There will be no more "wait till next year" or "all we need is a ...". It's time to realize that this team is cursed and there will no next year and the Browns are destine to be a sad side note in the NFL. Art Modell realized that and left Cleveland and produced a Super Bowl winner a few years later in Baltimore. Haslam needs to realize that and relocate the team to another state, a sort of a hard reset. Let the Browns die with two parts that tell their story, one part that entertained and won here and there and were champions and the second part that they were the laughing stock of the NFL. St Louis is looking for a NFL team for their brand new stadium. All Haslam has to do is wait till the contract he has with the city expires around 2023, then pack the buses and moving vans and head south-west. Let the Browns die and let all their fans off the hook so we can move on to other teams, like the Steelers or Bengles or Buffalo...or I dare say the Ravens!!
Browns will lose out the season. Yes even they will get beat by Miami. 0-2 against the Steelers, 0-2 against the Bengles, 1-1 against the Ravens, with loses to Buffalo, Miami and Phoenix . It's about time for the Browns to take their rightful place in the basement of the AFC North.
The Browns have given up. The defense, especially the back field, think this game is more like two hand touch. I've never seen so may safeties and corners pull up on a tackle only to realize the receiver did not go down but continue for another 10 to 15 yards. Why should the care? These guys are already looking forward to next year and hopefully free agency and get a pass to get the hell out of Cleveland. I wish I could point the finger at something, the coach, the qb, the defense or the offensive line but this is beyond that. There will be no more "wait till next year" or "all we need is a ...". It's time to realize that this team is cursed and there will no next year and the Browns are destine to be a sad side note in the NFL. Art Modell realized that and left Cleveland and produced a Super Bowl winner a few years later in Baltimore. Haslam needs to realize that and relocate the team to another state, a sort of a hard reset. Let the Browns die with two parts that tell their story, one part that entertained and won here and there and were champions and the second part that they were the laughing stock of the NFL. St Louis is looking for a NFL team for their brand new stadium. All Haslam has to do is wait till the contract he has with the city expires around 2023, then pack the buses and moving vans and head south-west. Let the Browns die and let all their fans off the hook so we can move on to other teams, like the Steelers or Bengles or Buffalo...or I dare say the Ravens!!
Browns will lose out the season. Yes even they will get beat by Miami. 0-2 against the Steelers, 0-2 against the Bengles, 1-1 against the Ravens, with loses to Buffalo, Miami and Phoenix . It's about time for the Browns to take their rightful place in the basement of the AFC North.
I don't believe in curses but I do believe in self fulfilling prophecies and sadly I think that is where we are at. Since 1999 our failures have all been human made. Bad decisions, terrible draft pics and you could go on...but all man made problems and all of them are fixable.
-
Something I read earlier:
"Miami is intentionally tanking and the Browns have won one more game than them."
-
Something I read earlier:
"Miami is intentionally tanking and the Browns have won one more game than them."
-
We did everything fine except for score in the red zone. No turnovers, limited penalties, and won time of possession. But if you kick FG's instead of getting touchdowns, you will lose unless you have a rare defense. We most certainly don't have THAT. Ya know, I'm about sick of hearing about our defensive line. Those assholes haven't done SHIT. You know what's really funny? Myles Garrett echoed the very same sentiment that I said about him. The same message that a member here ripped me for, and that's his failure to make any meaningful plays during the game. Where are our stars? They certainly don't shine on Sunday, I know that much.
yeah.....i think fg's would have won yesterdays game, but as you stated, you need an exceptional defense and god knows, we don't have one....creampuff small db's that can't tackle worth a shit....dl that in the beginning of games they look ok but as the game goes along, they wear down....i like the way this wilson kid looked yesterday, but that is not enough...we can't put consistant pressure on the qb....fucking rookie qb smacks us around again....2 turning points in the game were the mayfield qb sneak that failed as they took over and ran the ball right down the field for a td and the richardson personal foul on the qb deep in their own territory....we have tooooooo many issues still....oh well, next yr........maybe...
yeah.....i think fg's would have won yesterdays game, but as you stated, you need an exceptional defense and god knows, we don't have one....creampuff small db's that can't tackle worth a shit....dl that in the beginning of games they look ok but as the game goes along, they wear down....i like the way this wilson kid looked yesterday, but that is not enough...we can't put consistant pressure on the qb....fucking rookie qb smacks us around again....2 turning points in the game were the mayfield qb sneak that failed as they took over and ran the ball right down the field for a td and the richardson personal foul on the qb deep in their own territory....we have tooooooo many issues still....oh well, next yr........maybe...
I just don't understand why we can't make any big plays. SCORING plays! We heard all off season about this vaunted defensive line and they definitely don't impact the game like we hoped. I'm beyond frustrated that another season is lost and we'll once again be looking for a coach (more than likely). I would love nothing more than to get hot and keep our staff, but it doesn't look good. Something is just fundamentally WRONG with our team and it totally feels like the Hue Jackson years where we invented new ways to lose. How did we not win that game? AHHHHHH.
?
-
I am disheartened as well. Only thing l have to add here is l think Chubb was on a bit of a pitch count, possibly due to the thin air and maybe a general feeling to keep him fresh the rest of the season. Seemed he was coming out at regular intervals despite where the offense was on the field, and some of those occasions were indeed not opportune times.
-
A concern I have is the lack of design using Bakers mobility in our favor sans him just scrambling. No boots, waggles, half field reads, sprint outs with designed rubs for cheap and easy chain moving yardage. Witnessed a few last night the Ravens used to great success.
This needs to be a run first team now, and moving into the off-season re: draft attention to the Oline and play calling. The best teams in the NFL right now are almost all run first teams. Check the numbers - San Fran, Seattle, Minnesota, Baltimore, New England... Running teams that attack their air game with play action and high YPA.
Right now this team lacks identity, leadership and, in some cases - ability.
Side note: does it look like Baker has been drinking to anyone else?
A concern I have is the lack of design using Bakers mobility in our favor sans him just scrambling. No boots, waggles, half field reads, sprint outs with designed rubs for cheap and easy chain moving yardage. Witnessed a few last night the Ravens used to great success.
This needs to be a run first team now, and moving into the off-season re: draft attention to the Oline and play calling. The best teams in the NFL right now are almost all run first teams. Check the numbers - San Fran, Seattle, Minnesota, Baltimore, New England... Running teams that attack their air game with play action and high YPA.
Right now this team lacks identity, leadership and, in some cases - ability.
Side note: does it look like Baker has been drinking to anyone else?
I agree with this. I’ve said it as well the last couple weeks we need to pass off of our run -keep Baker to 28-33 throws a game.
The one positive I will point we are getting back to Landry and OBJ being YAC WRs instead of sending them on go routes. Landry and OBJ did some major work yesterday with YAC. OBJ for year has been one of the best if not best with getting creative after the short route. It’s hard to ignore the one handers thirty yards downfield but his game is making people miss in open field and getting space early in routes
But The other thing we need to do and URban Meyer did this well he had two or three game changers each season and he would have a handful of play designs just for this guys each game (Harvins Samuels, etc). Right not we should have 40-45 touches a game at least between (Chubb, Landry, OBJ). Red zone is OBJ, Chubb and Landry time it’s not Harris and Callaway time. Also if we need 3 yards on third and three put Chubb in the backfield. I’ve complained all year about have all these shiny toys and you make Callaway a focus or Harris is a go to WR
-
I really do wonder what this team would be if we just kept the ship sailing with Gregg as HC and freddie as OC. I don't think we'd be undefeated, but I'm 100% sure there'd be at least 2 more wins under the belt.
I get the regression with Baker, but I actually think he's looked better the last two games. If I were to put a % on it right now, this situation is 80% on Freddie. Yesterday he finally got that Pat Shurmer deer in the headlights look after the failed challenge (which was bullshit, but still). You saw a guy who truly realized he had no business being in charge. I could write a novel on the little things, but discipline is right at the top. Knowing OBJ and Landry were going to get nailed for the shoes is a lack of leadership to tell them not to, for example. I still believe in Dorsey big time. You can see the talent of these dudes seething to be unleashed, but the play design and coaching is just simply inept.
Anyway fellas, I'll be off line a good bit the next few weeks and big time for next several months. I'm 6 weeks away from first time dad status and it's time to get everything ready. I'm actually glad I have a good reason not to watch this clown car for a little bit!
-
I really do wonder what this team would be if we just kept the ship sailing with Gregg as HC and freddie as OC. I don't think we'd be undefeated, but I'm 100% sure there'd be at least 2 more wins under the belt.
I get the regression with Baker, but I actually think he's looked better the last two games. If I were to put a % on it right now, this situation is 80% on Freddie. Yesterday he finally got that Pat Shurmer deer in the headlights look after the failed challenge (which was bullshit, but still). You saw a guy who truly realized he had no business being in charge. I could write a novel on the little things, but discipline is right at the top. Knowing OBJ and Landry were going to get nailed for the shoes is a lack of leadership to tell them not to, for example. I still believe in Dorsey big time. You can see the talent of these dudes seething to be unleashed, but the play design and coaching is just simply inept.
Anyway fellas, I'll be off line a good bit the next few weeks and big time for next several months. I'm 6 weeks away from first time dad status and it's time to get everything ready. I'm actually glad I have a good reason not to watch this clown car for a little bit!
I really do wonder what this team would be if we just kept the ship sailing with Gregg as HC and freddie as OC. I don't think we'd be undefeated, but I'm 100% sure there'd be at least 2 more wins under the belt.
I get the regression with Baker, but I actually think he's looked better the last two games. If I were to put a % on it right now, this situation is 80% on Freddie. Yesterday he finally got that Pat Shurmer deer in the headlights look after the failed challenge (which was bullshit, but still). You saw a guy who truly realized he had no business being in charge. I could write a novel on the little things, but discipline is right at the top. Knowing OBJ and Landry were going to get nailed for the shoes is a lack of leadership to tell them not to, for example. I still believe in Dorsey big time. You can see the talent of these dudes seething to be unleashed, but the play design and coaching is just simply inept.
Anyway fellas, I'll be off line a good bit the next few weeks and big time for next several months. I'm 6 weeks away from first time dad status and it's time to get everything ready. I'm actually glad I have a good reason not to watch this clown car for a little bit!
Congrats! Wife (Giants fan) is pregnant now with our second due in Dec. I spent yesterday at hospital watching the game between contractions. Good luck and get sleep.
We need a Chief I think Williams played that role well. Freddie is too nice.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login