Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs.Steelers Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

The Browns Board
368 53 9.3k
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #16

    Inactives--- DE-Bryan Cox/CB-Robert Jackson/G/T Drew Forbes/T-K.Lamm/S E.Murray/WR-T.Taylor/O.Vernon 🙁----- TE-Seals-Jones is Active 🙂

  • @orion said:

    Must Win game tonight!

    They are all must win games from here on out, unfortunately 

    tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @comeonman said:

    They are all must win games from here on out, unfortunately 

    For salvaging a winning record or a remote chance at a wild card spot in the playoffs?

    Yes, of course.

    Some things fundamentally wrong with the team this season. Lots of people here argue about the reasons for that, but if that doesn't change it won't just be another losing season extending the playoff drought to worry about. Those need to be addressed even the team doesn't break the 8 win mark.

  • @orion said:

    I hope I'm wrong....but I think we're going to struggle tonight.  

    I know, I know. I predicted us blowing them out because it was fun to think about, but honestly, I'm not sure how we're going to score points. When I looked back and saw that we've eclipsed 20 points only 3 times this year, I about vomited. 20 points in a football game is NOT that much, yet it's something we barely can manage. 

    So, instead of being pessimistic and listing ALL the negative reasons we're going to shit the sheets, I'm going to give Orion and company some reasons for optimism! (obviously my specialty, duh). 

    Number one...Kareem Hunt. He's going to catch, he's going to run, and he's going to get about 15 touches tonight. He was pretty close to busting one Sunday, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get TWO touchdowns tonight. I'm serious. One in the red zone, and one semi long screen pass. 

    Nick Chubb is number two. We saw the impact Hunt had in the blocking game, and there's a good chance Chubb breaks one tonight. They played off each other well in only the first game together. I expect more results tonight. 

    No turnovers in two games, and 9 total penalties. This is a revelation for our team, and there's no reason we can't continue the trend. It's going to be cool and dry which makes for prime conditions to take care of the ball. 

    Lastly, Myles Garrett. Myles terrorizes the Steelers LT, and he's put up some terrific numbers against the Steelers. Although he won't have any help from Chad "The Instant Bust" Thomas, Myles will still be able to make his presence felt. 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm not sure how we're going to score points. Number one...Kareem Hunt. Nick Chubb is number two.
     No turnovers in two games, and 9 total penalties. 

    How about OBJ, Landry, or Higgins? Seals Jones and Harris active.. points will be scored. Baker trending in the right direction.

    Also, what about a defensive TD? Greedy and Ward have both dropped some INTs already. Myles is due to create some havoc.
     

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #19

    it's funny when ever The Browns play pit and bradshaw is on the pre game they always show Joe Turkey Jones body slamming him tonight bradshaw said he was paralized for 24 hours and it hurt

  • it's funny when ever The Browns play pit and bradshaw is on the pre game they always show Joe Turkey Jones body slamming him tonight bradshaw said he was paralized for 24 hours and it hurt

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @atom said:

    it's funny when ever The Browns play pit and bradshaw is on the pre game they always show Joe Turkey Jones body slamming him tonight bradshaw said he was paralized for 24 hours and it hurt

    I imagine it did...it was an extremely dirty hit. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm not sure how we're going to score points. Number one...Kareem Hunt. Nick Chubb is number two.
     No turnovers in two games, and 9 total penalties. 

    How about OBJ, Landry, or Higgins? Seals Jones and Harris active.. points will be scored. Baker trending in the right direction.

    Also, what about a defensive TD? Greedy and Ward have both dropped some INTs already. Myles is due to create some havoc.
     

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    How about OBJ, Landry, or Higgins? Seals Jones and Harris active.. points will be scored. Baker trending in the right direction.

    Also, what about a defensive TD? Greedy and Ward have both dropped some INTs already. Myles is due to create some havoc.
     

    Yep, yep. All good things. We made just enough plays last week, and Baker having a game-winning drive is no small feat. Now, to be fair, Baker got destroyed last time he played Pittsburgh, and I'm betting he didn't forget it. He's going to be pumped. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I want to go on record and apologize now... I bet my Steelers lovin' boss a 12 pack of beer that the Browns would win. I know better to ever bet on the Browns. 

  • @atom said:

    it's funny when ever The Browns play pit and bradshaw is on the pre game they always show Joe Turkey Jones body slamming him tonight bradshaw said he was paralized for 24 hours and it hurt

    I imagine it did...it was an extremely dirty hit. 

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @dutch-oven said:

    I imagine it did...it was an extremely dirty hit. 

    still fun to watch tho

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I imagine it did...it was an extremely dirty hit. 

    still fun to watch tho

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @atom said:

    still fun to watch tho

    He knocked the few remaining brain cells out of Terry's head

  • I want to go on record and apologize now... I bet my Steelers lovin' boss a 12 pack of beer that the Browns would win. I know better to ever bet on the Browns. 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @dutch-oven said:

    I want to go on record and apologize now... I bet my Steelers lovin' boss a 12 pack of beer that the Browns would win. I know better to ever bet on the Browns. 

    That beer is gonna taste like victory.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #26

            D A W G     CHECK !!   

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Greedy says hi early.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Sheldon needs to watch his clean up hits on the QB.

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Why do these linemen catch the ball instead of batting it down?

  • Why do these linemen catch the ball instead of batting it down?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @vambo said:

    Why do these linemen catch the ball instead of batting it down?

    Instinct from when you start as a kid.  Loose ball = cover ball.

  • @vambo said:

    Why do these linemen catch the ball instead of batting it down?

    Instinct from when you start as a kid.  Loose ball = cover ball.

    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tiamat63 said:

    Instinct from when you start as a kid.  Loose ball = cover ball.

    I was taught to knock it down... guess that's why I don't make the big bucks

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Nice pass for a... TD?

  • B BrownsDawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Two pass plays by Mayfield to  Kareem Hunt and OBJ = Steelers 1-yard line.

    Baker Mayfield 1-yard run up the middle of the Steelers defense = Browns touchdown!!!!

    Browns 7-0 lead, 1st quarter.  GO BROWNS!!!!!

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Aggressive playcalling! And QB sneak on 1st and goal from the 1.. Very nice!!

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    More 21 personnel, working under center and Bakers footwork,  timing and internal clock vs pressure look better because of it.   

    Need to keep winning vs man coverage and Baker needs to take the smart 1 on 1 shots when he has it.  Keyword - smart.