Skip to content

Another season as a loss

The Browns Board
36 11 1.3k
  • And here is the rest of their schedule with the records of their opponents:

    Dolphins  2-8

    Steelers 5-5

    Bengals 0-10

    Cards  3-7-1

    Ravens 8-2

    Bengals  0-10

    The teams with the best records....Ravens/Steelers, the Browns have already proven they can beat those teams. 

    3 games are at home and 3 are on the road.  

    Can we assume your pessimism is based on the fact that Garrett likely will be out?  Understandable, but then you disparage the talent and character of the rest of that defense....which, admittedly has to prove that they can come through without their likely best player.  But it seems that you are assuming that they just can't do that.   We shall see.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @the-gipper said:

    And here is the rest of their schedule with the records of their opponents:

    Dolphins  2-8

    Steelers 5-5

    Bengals 0-10

    Cards  3-7-1

    Ravens 8-2

    Bengals  0-10

    The teams with the best records....Ravens/Steelers, the Browns have already proven they can beat those teams. 

    3 games are at home and 3 are on the road.  

    Can we assume your pessimism is based on the fact that Garrett likely will be out?  Understandable, but then you disparage the talent and character of the rest of that defense....which, admittedly has to prove that they can come through without their likely best player.  But it seems that you are assuming that they just can't do that.   We shall see.

    I see 2 more loses, at least. 

  • Colts win tonight.   That helps the Browns cause....a bit.   One chip in the ante for us.

    Texans win makes them  7-4 and in control in AFCS.    Their conference record is 6-2

    Colts are now  6-5.   Conference record is  5-5

    And to remind you:    Browns are 4-6, but 4-3 in conference. 

    Also, technically, for now, Colts loss takes them out of playoff position....and puts the Raiders in at  6-4, currently.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by Icecube
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    Colts win tonight.   That helps the Browns cause....a bit.   One chip in the ante for us.

    Texans win makes them  7-4 and in control in AFCS.    Their conference record is 6-2

    Colts are now  6-5.   Conference record is  5-5

    And to remind you:    Browns are 4-6, but 4-3 in conference. 

    Also, technically, for now, Colts loss takes them out of playoff position....and puts the Raiders in at  6-4, currently.

    And one more loss...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Colts win tonight.   That helps the Browns cause....a bit.   One chip in the ante for us.

    Texans win makes them  7-4 and in control in AFCS.    Their conference record is 6-2

    Colts are now  6-5.   Conference record is  5-5

    And to remind you:    Browns are 4-6, but 4-3 in conference. 

    Also, technically, for now, Colts loss takes them out of playoff position....and puts the Raiders in at  6-4, currently.

    And one more loss...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @icecube said:

    And one more loss probably dooms postseason hopes. The whooping by TN is the game that caused the most damage. Freddie didn't have the team prepared. 

    You have not been paying one bit of attention, have you.

  • @icecube said:

    And one more loss probably dooms postseason hopes. The whooping by TN is the game that caused the most damage. Freddie didn't have the team prepared. 

    You have not been paying one bit of attention, have you.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @the-gipper said:

    You have not been paying one bit of attention, have you.

    I fixed it. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    You have not been paying one bit of attention, have you.

    I fixed it. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @icecube said:

    I fixed it. 

    I am just saying how even with another loss, we still have a  fair shot at the playoffs.  not optimal, but fair. 

    Hell, if the Browns did not suffer another loss at all in the season, I would almost be willing to guarantee that they would make the playoffs.  

    You, I think say that you see two more losses.  OK, if that happens we are probably cooked.  

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Supposedly, this link...the NFL Playoff Machine,  gives some kind of scenarios about how each team could make the playoffs (or not).

    I have not taken the time to play with it, plus I am not sure I can figure it out.   If any of you want to take a shot at it, see what you can come up with:

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

  • @icecube said:

    I fixed it. 

    I am just saying how even with another loss, we still have a  fair shot at the playoffs.  not optimal, but fair. 

    Hell, if the Browns did not suffer another loss at all in the season, I would almost be willing to guarantee that they would make the playoffs.  

    You, I think say that you see two more losses.  OK, if that happens we are probably cooked.  

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    I am just saying how even with another loss, we still have a  fair shot at the playoffs.  not optimal, but fair. 

    Truth.

    Hell, if the Browns did not suffer another loss at all in the season, I would almost be willing to guarantee that they would make the playoffs.  

    More likely than not. 

    You, I think say that you see two more losses.  OK, if that happens we are probably cooked.

      But with that schedule. I may be wrong. The only real team is Balt. Pitt is a practice squad team, including at QB. Browns win that on a bad day. And Bengals x2, AZ, Fins. Doable. 

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Looks to me the Browns get a first round BYE... There was another scenario that had Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh in the Wildcard too... 

  • Looks to me the Browns get a first round BYE... There was another scenario that had Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh in the Wildcard too... 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @poeticg said:

    Looks to me the Browns get a first round BYE... There was another scenario that had Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh in the Wildcard too... 

    Only playoff Bye we can get comes with a Buh in front of it.

    We gotta win out.

    Ravens are real and will not be coming back to the pack... but we still match up well with them. We jumped in front of them Week 4 and put pressure on their Offense. And while they've added Peters to their 2ndary (and we've lost MG) our Offense is finally gelling.

    We can beat them again. Won't be easy, but we can beat them again.

  • @poeticg said:

    Looks to me the Browns get a first round BYE... There was another scenario that had Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh in the Wildcard too... 

    Only playoff Bye we can get comes with a Buh in front of it.

    We gotta win out.

    Ravens are real and will not be coming back to the pack... but we still match up well with them. We jumped in front of them Week 4 and put pressure on their Offense. And while they've added Peters to their 2ndary (and we've lost MG) our Offense is finally gelling.

    We can beat them again. Won't be easy, but we can beat them again.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tour2ma said:

    Only playoff Bye we can get comes with a Buh in front of it.

    We gotta win out.

    Ravens are real and will not be coming back to the pack... but we still match up well with them. We jumped in front of them Week 4 and put pressure on their Offense. And while they've added Peters to their 2ndary (and we've lost MG) our Offense is finally gelling.

    We can beat them again. Won't be easy, but we can beat them again.

    And correct me if I am wrong, that game is one of our remaining home games.  Browns have taken care of home field 3 weeks now.