Kitchens fate?
-
The only thing Kitchens seems qualified to do is sweep floors... He should apply for custodian at the new HS school facility they are building in Euclid... The place is Mammoth!!
-
Well thought out post, Jigs. I totally get the point about not wanting ANOTHER coaching change after 1 season. I get it. But I worry Freddie just doesn't have it in him, no matter how many chances he's given. I don't think the players respect him. Baker hinted that he is the discipline dearth cause. Let's put it this way: What would this team be with Ron Rivera or Mike McCarthy running the ship? I say a playoff team.
I'll agree the level of discipline between Williams and Freddie is night and day. And it's not likely to change. I'm sure those who were being attentive saw Landry jawing at Freddie on the sidelines. MKC reported seeing Dorsey and Haslam after the game, and they both looked mighty pissed....
Regarding McCarthy- I saw a interview they (think it was ESPN) did with Mike- and if you want him- you're not only going to get him, you get the whole package that goes with him. He's already got most of his assistant coaches in place.....
Was watching the Eagles/Redskins earlier and the Fox announcers were playing up the fact that Urban was watching the game from Dan Browns box. They even had a graphic of the Redskin coaches records. While I don't believe Urban will coach anytime soon. What are the thoughts of him being a Brown?
I'd be for Urban. I have no idea why he was at the Redskins game. Meyer could almost universally get any player he wanted at OSU- the school almost recruits itself if you have pro aspirations. Urban certainly doesn't need anymore money, or the stress of coaching in the NFL.
hate to say this but you are wrong....the discipline factor will never change with the coach we have now....you have to act like the pats do...they don't care how good you are but if you fuck up like garrett did, the pats would have cut his ass the next day regardless of how good he is...they would find a replacement right away and probably be successful....this team is full of undisciplined football players and that is not going to chg. unless we get a coach that can instill accountability...and it all leads to our piece of shit owner....and believe me, he is a piece of shit...
Hate on Haslam all you want- he's not going away any time soon.....
You're dead wrong about Garrett. The Patriots and no other team in the NFL would cut a player of Myles talent level for one outburst.
Believe me, I'm as frustrated as anyone after that debacle in the desert. But you have to have hope Dorsey will figure out what's gone wrong and try to fix it.
Traveling and working, mostly. Decided to take a break from posting for a while and see how it affected my mental health. Glad to see many of the same guys are still posting, sad as shit to hear about Stan.
With the offensive talent we have, I just want a guy who can utilize it efficiently. I honestly don't care where he comes from. I was never happy with the Freddie hire, I think he lacks conviction and that's what is being reflected on the field.
You nailed it there TCPO, that's going to be Kitchens undoing. Rookie HC or not, Freddie has a talent laden roster, and seriously under performed using it. If he's one and done, it won't surprise me in the least. This is a totally different situation than when Chud got shown the door after one season.
Sure, Baker regressing hasn't helped his cause, but there's plenty of other things besides that where he's failed.
I'd be for Urban. I have no idea why he was at the Redskins game.
Super advance scouting for when he takes the Cowboy's job...
BTW... Chris Mortensen said today that he doubted Urban was doing anything, but visiting former players yesterday.... BUT...
... he has previously commented about what a desirable job that the Dallas HC position is. ?
-
Here are my two cents for what it worth. I am not in favor of axing Freddie..........yet. Will see how the last couple games play out. I have been underwhelmed by Steve Wilks for one. The D is gone to hell since Garret and Vernon have been out and the run D yesterday was atrocious. Problems I have seen with Freddie this year include discipline, time management, overly aggressive, gets too pass happy. Some of this has been improved to varying degrees over the course of the season. Somethings you would think would be self evident like, lets not hurry up and run a plays at the end of the half so Russel Wilson can then get the ball and have time to score. Stuff like that was just stupid.
Also I say get rid of Lindley, I don't think he is doing anything to help Baker be a better QB. Lets get someone who is experienced brought in to help Baker out. I want Baker to have that moxy to go deep, but also the have the good sense to know when you can take the shorter play when its open that still gets you the first down. Baker went from one of the best in the red zone last year to one of the worst this year. To me a lot of that comes down to coaching. So I would axe Wilks and Lindley for sure, maybe the DL coach too and keep the rest with everyone on notice. Lets see if Freddie can learn from year one and make jump just like we always talk about players making a jump in year two.
-
I agree with much of what you're saying, but don't forget Josh Allen has a DEFENSE. What's Baker's record if his defense could force a punt? The Steelers scored 10 points against them. And don't forget, we somehow BEAT the Bills. I don't even know where to begin...it's such a shit show, and it's going to get worse. In about 6 days.
Regarding our defense, we lost Kirksey early on, and then helmet swinging Garrett. Vernon been out with a bum knee, and Burnett is on IR. But that's no excuse. Look no farther than the Steelers with the number of injuries they've had, and they're still in playoff contention.
Take the Browns minus Baker, Chubb, and Landry- we'd be in contention for a top five pick- easy.
Regarding our defense, we lost Kirksey early on, and then helmet swinging Garrett. Vernon been out with a bum knee, and Burnett is on IR. But that's no excuse. Look no farther than the Steelers with the number of injuries they've had, and they're still in playoff contention.
Take the Browns minus Baker, Chubb, and Landry- we'd be in contention for a top five pick- easy.
How do you think the Steelers would be faring if they had the Browns coaching staff?
-
Regarding our defense, we lost Kirksey early on, and then helmet swinging Garrett. Vernon been out with a bum knee, and Burnett is on IR. But that's no excuse. Look no farther than the Steelers with the number of injuries they've had, and they're still in playoff contention.
Take the Browns minus Baker, Chubb, and Landry- we'd be in contention for a top five pick- easy.
How do you think the Steelers would be faring if they had the Browns coaching staff?
How do you think the Steelers would be faring if they had the Browns coaching staff?
And I'll let you tell me how the Browns would be doing if they had the Steelers coaching staff.
-
Urban. I have no idea why he was at the Redskins game. Urban certainly doesn't need anymore money, or the stress of coaching in the NFL.
Most sources around here say Urban responded to a personal invite from Bucks WR Terry McLaurin... don't see it happening without a GM he'd trust or hand pick..
-
-
Here are my two cents for what it worth. I am not in favor of axing Freddie..........yet. Will see how the last couple games play out. I have been underwhelmed by Steve Wilks for one. The D is gone to hell since Garret and Vernon have been out and the run D yesterday was atrocious. Problems I have seen with Freddie this year include discipline, time management, overly aggressive, gets too pass happy. Some of this has been improved to varying degrees over the course of the season. Somethings you would think would be self evident like, lets not hurry up and run a plays at the end of the half so Russel Wilson can then get the ball and have time to score. Stuff like that was just stupid.
Also I say get rid of Lindley, I don't think he is doing anything to help Baker be a better QB. Lets get someone who is experienced brought in to help Baker out. I want Baker to have that moxy to go deep, but also the have the good sense to know when you can take the shorter play when its open that still gets you the first down. Baker went from one of the best in the red zone last year to one of the worst this year. To me a lot of that comes down to coaching. So I would axe Wilks and Lindley for sure, maybe the DL coach too and keep the rest with everyone on notice. Lets see if Freddie can learn from year one and make jump just like we always talk about players making a jump in year two.
Lets get someone who is experienced brought in to help Baker out. I want Baker to have that moxy to go deep, but also the have the good sense to know when you can take the shorter play when its open that still gets you the first down. Baker went from one of the best in the red zone last year to one of the worst this year.
It isn't even just the red zone now. How many times have you seen the wide open close in receiver have the ball thrown right over his head for an INT further downfield? I turned it off after the first one Sunday. Can't stand dumb and it's become a really bad habit.
-
Landry being pissed is the end of the line for Freddie. Fred is dead.
Never mind the otherwise total shit show against a team you should at least be competitive against. ?
-
Think Jack del Rio is out there still. Would not mind a defense minded HC.
-
Lets get someone who is experienced brought in to help Baker out. I want Baker to have that moxy to go deep, but also the have the good sense to know when you can take the shorter play when its open that still gets you the first down. Baker went from one of the best in the red zone last year to one of the worst this year.
It isn't even just the red zone now. How many times have you seen the wide open close in receiver have the ball thrown right over his head for an INT further downfield? I turned it off after the first one Sunday. Can't stand dumb and it's become a really bad habit.
It isn't even just the red one now. How many times have you seen the wide open close in receiver have the ball thrown right over his head for an INT further downfield? I turned it off after the first one Sunday. Can't stand dumb and it's become a really bad habit.
I don't think it's just that Baker always goes for the big play. I think it's worse than that. He determines where he is throwing presnap in my opinion and he's throwing it there greater than 80% of the time. Right after we got the only stop we had in the 2nd half it was 3rd and 6. Baker rolled right where we had trips on that side. The inside receiver ran a 9 route (go, streak, etc) the middle receiver (obj) ran a flag (corner) route and Landry ran a comeback route. Patrick Peterson basically ran the route for Landry and jumped that route. The inside receiver occupied the safety deep on his 9 route meaning there was no one to guard OBJ on the corner route. 10 yards farther downfield in the same line of sight as the comeback route OBJ is left completely unguarded on the flag route. Baker has time with the designed rollout running the same direction as the routes and he throws it to Landry who had the cornerback run his route for him.
Baker needs to know where his first read is presnap based on the look the defense gives him, but that doesn't mean you throw it to your first read automatically.
-
-
Just him or a defensive minded coach?
-
Here are my two cents for what it worth. I am not in favor of axing Freddie..........yet. Will see how the last couple games play out. I have been underwhelmed by Steve Wilks for one. The D is gone to hell since Garret and Vernon have been out and the run D yesterday was atrocious. Problems I have seen with Freddie this year include discipline, time management, overly aggressive, gets too pass happy. Some of this has been improved to varying degrees over the course of the season. Somethings you would think would be self evident like, lets not hurry up and run a plays at the end of the half so Russel Wilson can then get the ball and have time to score. Stuff like that was just stupid.
Also I say get rid of Lindley, I don't think he is doing anything to help Baker be a better QB. Lets get someone who is experienced brought in to help Baker out. I want Baker to have that moxy to go deep, but also the have the good sense to know when you can take the shorter play when its open that still gets you the first down. Baker went from one of the best in the red zone last year to one of the worst this year. To me a lot of that comes down to coaching. So I would axe Wilks and Lindley for sure, maybe the DL coach too and keep the rest with everyone on notice. Lets see if Freddie can learn from year one and make jump just like we always talk about players making a jump in year two.
Here are my two cents for what it worth....Lets see if Freddie can learn from year one and make jump just like we always talk about players making a jump in year two.
The problem is he has already proven that he doesn't do much learning from his mistakes. We continue to have discipline issues, he continues to make dumb calls, he continues to double down on his mistakes rather than owning up to them. This doesn't indicate someone who can make a positive leap forward and if we just wish it to be, it's us who taking an unfounded leap of faith. I'd rather stop the bleeding and get someone competent to run the team.
-
How do you think the Steelers would be faring if they had the Browns coaching staff?
And I'll let you tell me how the Browns would be doing if they had the Steelers coaching staff.
-
This is what I want from the next head coach:
I want someone who is organized, someone who makes it crystal clear that nonsense will not be tolerated. This coach does not have to be a screaming lunatic, but someone who sets the tone from Day 1 that the Browns will be a winning franchise, and if you are a person who gets in the way of this, you can get the fuck out. A head coach who can adjust his coaching philosophy to the talent he has, not the other way around. I don't care if he's 35 or 60, offensive or defensive coach.
I can't believe I never questioned the hiring of Freddie. He did a good job stepping up last season after Hue and Haley were fired, but there's a HUGE difference between being a good OC and being a competent head coach. I wanted this to work so bad that I totally missed the red flags surrounding this team going into this season.
-
-
I'd be for Urban. I have no idea why he was at the Redskins game.
Super advance scouting for when he takes the Cowboy's job...
BTW... Chris Mortensen said today that he doubted Urban was doing anything, but visiting former players yesterday.... BUT...
... he has previously commented about what a desirable job that the Dallas HC position is. ?
Super advance scouting for when he takes the Cowboy's job...
BTW... Chris Mortensen said today that he doubted Urban was doing anything, but visiting former players yesterday.... BUT...
... he has previously commented about what a desirable job that the Dallas HC position is. ?
Doesn't Urban still have a brain tumor? For which he has not yet had surgery? If not for that he likely would still be at Ohio State.
Why would Dallas, or Washington, or anyone want an HC with a brain tumor? ....including the Browns....which, if there is an NFL job that he may want, it would be that. The talent is there for him for the most part.
Oh, I suppose he may still have an itch to scratch, and if the Cowboys/Browns/Redskins have job openings, he can certainly throw his hat in the ring.......but would not the health issue still be a major issue for him...and the team that would have him?
If you hire Urban as your HC, you also better hire an associate HC that you have confidence in that he can take over for Meyer when his tumor acts up.
-
How do you think the Steelers would be faring if they had the Browns coaching staff?
And I'll let you tell me how the Browns would be doing if they had the Steelers coaching staff.
-
This is what I want from the next head coach:
I want someone who is organized, someone who makes it crystal clear that nonsense will not be tolerated. This coach does not have to be a screaming lunatic, but someone who sets the tone from Day 1 that the Browns will be a winning franchise, and if you are a person who gets in the way of this, you can get the fuck out. A head coach who can adjust his coaching philosophy to the talent he has, not the other way around. I don't care if he's 35 or 60, offensive or defensive coach.
I can't believe I never questioned the hiring of Freddie. He did a good job stepping up last season after Hue and Haley were fired, but there's a HUGE difference between being a good OC and being a competent head coach. I wanted this to work so bad that I totally missed the red flags surrounding this team going into this season.
This is what I want from the next head coach:
I want someone who is organized, someone who makes it crystal clear that nonsense will not be tolerated. This coach does not have to be a screaming lunatic, but someone who sets the tone from Day 1 that the Browns will be a winning franchise, and if you are a person who gets in the way of this, you can get the fuck out. A head coach who can adjust his coaching philosophy to the talent he has, not the other way around. I don't care if he's 35 or 60, offensive or defensive coach.
I can't believe I never questioned the hiring of Freddie. He did a good job stepping up last season after Hue and Haley were fired, but there's a HUGE difference between being a good OC and being a competent head coach. I wanted this to work so bad that I totally missed the red flags surrounding this team going into this season.
Sounds like.......we shoulda kept Gregg Williams.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
