Skip to content

Freddie fired

The Browns Board
486 78 16.6k 1
  • I am just wondering...... where does Ohio rank in education? You all seem pretty stupid. As a well educated Seahawk fan, I do find you all very amusing. I hope none of you are offended. I would even support tax credits or some kind of government assistance for all of you.

    @coachtoad said:

    I am just wondering...... where does Ohio rank in education? You all seem pretty stupid. As a well educated Seahawk fan, I do find you all very amusing. I hope none of you are offended. I would even support tax credits or some kind of government assistance for all of you.

    Well played...I am an Ohio teacher and I thought this was funny.  

  • So.....this thread was started 45 minutes (real time) into the Patriots game.      lol     game started 4:30ish.....this thread  5:15   lol. 

    It's Freddie's fault that Chubb fumbled twice and Baker tossed it to a defender who penetrated the OL to steal a shovel pass...on three successive offensive plays.   That's clearly Freddie's fault.  Because he worked 2 weeks to prepare the team to do those things.

    Ya just gotta laugh.....

  • I honestly believe Fat Back Freddie gets the remainder of the season to improve... Otherwise.. His job could well be in jeopardy...

  • Freddie looked like the kid that pushed the A button on Madden to fast taking “Madden’s Advice” instead of the X button to call a pass play. 

    I’ll never understand some of these coaches and they way the game seems to overwhelm them into some of these decisions....

    I was out cutting wood listening to the game on the radio, coming into that series I’m thinking.... “Well we are going to have to go for it on any 4th down from here on out...” 

    The guy sent the punt team out on the field and I had to stop to look at the game clock on my phone.... 

    How does that happen? If your the Special Teams coach do you look at the head coach and say.... Hey man.... you sure you wanna punt here??  
     

    I just don’t understand why it seems so hard for some of these guys...

    @hx214 said:

    Freddie looked like the kid that pushed the A button on Madden to fast taking “Madden’s Advice” instead of the X button to call a pass play. 

    I’ll never understand some of these coaches and they way the game seems to overwhelm them into some of these decisions....

    I was out cutting wood listening to the game on the radio, coming into that series I’m thinking.... “Well we are going to have to go for it on any 4th down from here on out...” 

    The guy sent the punt team out on the field and I had to stop to look at the game clock on my phone.... 

    How does that happen? If your the Special Teams coach do you look at the head coach and say.... Hey man.... you sure you wanna punt here??  
     

    I just don’t understand why it seems so hard for some of these guys...

    LMAO

  • I honestly believe Fat Back Freddie gets the remainder of the season to improve... Otherwise.. His job could well be in jeopardy...

    @nickers said:

    I honestly believe Fat Back Freddie gets the remainder of the season to improve... Otherwise.. His job could well be in jeopardy...

    On the flight back, my pal pulled up some stuff where Dilfer and Cowherd were piling on Freddie pretty bad. They're not the only ones. 

  • @sekrah said:

    Absolutely comical reading this thread and seeing people out there who believe the Head Freaking Coach has no influence on ball handling, penalties, attention to detail, discipline.  I can't believe what I'm freaking reading.

    This is an absolute shit show that falls squarely onto the shoulders of the head coach. And it's not the play calling, I think the play calling has been generally fine this year, except for maybe being completely unprepared for San Francisco.  The lack of attention to details and lack of discipline is stunning and the Head coach has MAJOR inlfuence of that.  These are things that should have been ironed out in July and August while Freddie had them bashing each others heads into mush.  We've done stuff for seven weeks that the Patriots NEVER do.  It absolutely has EVERYTHING to do with coaching.  

    Put Belichick on the Browns, Kitches on the Pats,  and the result is flipped. Not a doubt in my mind.

    Listen, I wanted Kitchens too, but it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that he was a tremendous mistake. I admit I was a moron for wanting him.  It's not that hard to admit when it's this obvious. MAN UP.  There's a reason this guy hadn't even been a coordinator yet.

    Yet you gave not a single example of how a professional football coach teaches ball handling and discipline to grown men,  most of whom had discipline and ball handling drilled into them since pee wee.

    These types of problems fall squarely the shoulders of the players.

    Blaming the coach is a cop out.

    @gorka said:

    Yet you gave not a single example of how a professional football coach teaches ball handling and discipline to grown men,  most of whom had discipline and ball handling drilled into them since pee wee.

    These types of problems fall squarely the shoulders of the players.

    Blaming the coach is a cop out.

    That’s called practice. And yes the pros need it. You practice fundamentals daily. Keep some footballs on ice and use a damn hose to simulate weather conditions. The head coach has everything to do with the teams performance. I guess you never heard the NFL called a coaches league. It is. Ask Billy B in Boston about that.  Or is he just extremely lucky?

  • @nickers said:

    I honestly believe Fat Back Freddie gets the remainder of the season to improve... Otherwise.. His job could well be in jeopardy...

    On the flight back, my pal pulled up some stuff where Dilfer and Cowherd were piling on Freddie pretty bad. They're not the only ones. 

    @hoorta said:

    On the flight back, my pal pulled up some stuff where Dilfer and Cowherd were piling on Freddie pretty bad. They're not the only ones. 

    Dilfer and Cowherd piling on and talking shit about Cleveland? No Way!!

  • Does it surprise anyone that the most consistent unit is run by a former head coach? Steve Wilks..Wilks has been the Wade Phillips to Shawn McVay so far to Freddie..Take away both starting corners from some other teams? Would they be as prepared as Wilks has been? This also should include, giving some credit to Wilks defensive position coaches.. We have our interim HC in house if needed.. *Now to the gumby rants*.. It's Freddie's job to save his own ass on what's going on , on his side of the ball  1) your booth replay guy sucks, Fire him before he gets you fired.. 2) Monken? Has he helped your playcalling? Can he call plays despite your ego? Can he veto your 4th & 9 run, if you think it's 3rd down? If not, move him on & sink or swim yourself.. 3) Your kicking coach sends your punt unit out to punt..Your plan was to go..Dorsey don't & should not hire sideline babysitters..That's your JoB.. 4) Anybody notice how good A.Rodgers numbers are without his former OL coach Campen? Their pass pro time to pass? Campen should be running his lard'ass off too, for every pre-snap flag including allowing asinine poor line play causing flags..Don't even get me started on Pulling slow as* Tackles ?..If your offensive QUALITY* control coaches scheme these steaming turds up too? Can'em... 5) am still confused on to why our local media has not buried Freddie on this question? Freddie, "you quoted your team had bonded* in Colts preseason week. Your last scrimmage was littered with dust-ups & fists fights. Your team than opens with 18 penalties. To date, your team can't show enough discipline to even stay on sides on a 4th & 4 punt. Why do you think that is"?         in Closing (i promise), Not a snowballs chance in heck they fire Freddie after the Denver game..  8th game as a HC... sure his ski's may look over his head right now..but ya can't get their alone in this business.. ain't no "i" in team.. but there is in F-i-x it!!    

    @gumby73 said:

    *Now to the gumby rants*

    (didn't copy your whole post)

    Mr. Gumby!  I don't think I've ever seen you so upset/frustrated/pissed.   And, of course, you make good and valid points.

    Gumby, like many others, is very frustrated.  We're supposed to be so freakin' talented and good....and we lost all but 2 games.

    I've been listening to Freddie's press conferences, and Baker's......and you can tell that THEY are frustrated and pissed.  They're snapping back at media questions.  You can hear the frustration in their voice if not their words.

    Can we imagine how it feels to be them?   All off season, hearing how talented and great the Browns were going to be.  All of the prime time games.  All of the hype.  And then when it's time to play they get beat.  While not performing well.  And through this whole stretch of good teams beating them, the media has had a good ol' time poking fun at them...the #1 draft pick QB being called As Over-rated As Hell.  

    It CANNOT be easy to be them right now.

  • @gorka said:

    Yet you gave not a single example of how a professional football coach teaches ball handling and discipline to grown men,  most of whom had discipline and ball handling drilled into them since pee wee.

    These types of problems fall squarely the shoulders of the players.

    Blaming the coach is a cop out.

    That’s called practice. And yes the pros need it. You practice fundamentals daily. Keep some footballs on ice and use a damn hose to simulate weather conditions. The head coach has everything to do with the teams performance. I guess you never heard the NFL called a coaches league. It is. Ask Billy B in Boston about that.  Or is he just extremely lucky?

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    That’s called practice. And yes the pros need it. You practice fundamentals daily. Keep some footballs on ice and use a damn hose to simulate weather conditions. The head coach has everything to do with the teams performance. I guess you never heard the NFL called a coaches league. It is. Ask Billy B in Boston about that.  Or is he just extremely lucky?

    Haha. You're right! Water hoses! Bill B. is a genius! Can we somehow get this to Freddie?

    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/13/tom-brady-hose-rookies-training-camp

    Your entire post was a reach. Footballs on ice. Interesting. I don't recall the Browns having played under those conditions yet.

    I'm talking more about self discipline as it pertains to penalties. We are the worst in the league in penalties.

    Bill B. doesn't teach self discipline. His players already have it. By the time a player earns the distinction of being called a PROFESSIONAL football player he better damn well be self disciplined.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    That’s called practice. And yes the pros need it. You practice fundamentals daily. Keep some footballs on ice and use a damn hose to simulate weather conditions. The head coach has everything to do with the teams performance. I guess you never heard the NFL called a coaches league. It is. Ask Billy B in Boston about that.  Or is he just extremely lucky?

    Haha. You're right! Water hoses! Bill B. is a genius! Can we somehow get this to Freddie?

    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/13/tom-brady-hose-rookies-training-camp

    Your entire post was a reach. Footballs on ice. Interesting. I don't recall the Browns having played under those conditions yet.

    I'm talking more about self discipline as it pertains to penalties. We are the worst in the league in penalties.

    Bill B. doesn't teach self discipline. His players already have it. By the time a player earns the distinction of being called a PROFESSIONAL football player he better damn well be self disciplined.

    @gorka said:

    Haha. You're right! Water hoses! Bill B. is a genius! Can we somehow get this to Freddie?

    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/13/tom-brady-hose-rookies-training-camp

    Your entire post was a reach. Footballs on ice. Interesting. I don't recall the Browns having played under those conditions yet.

    I'm talking more about self discipline.   Bill B. doesn't teach it. His players already have it. By the time a player earns the distinction of being called a PROFESSIONAL football player he better damn well be self disciplined.

    So by your reasoning batting cages are a waste of time? Or putting greens?  I think you’re completely wrong. I’m a practice makes perfect kind of guy. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    That’s called practice. And yes the pros need it. You practice fundamentals daily. Keep some footballs on ice and use a damn hose to simulate weather conditions. The head coach has everything to do with the teams performance. I guess you never heard the NFL called a coaches league. It is. Ask Billy B in Boston about that.  Or is he just extremely lucky?

    Haha. You're right! Water hoses! Bill B. is a genius! Can we somehow get this to Freddie?

    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/13/tom-brady-hose-rookies-training-camp

    Your entire post was a reach. Footballs on ice. Interesting. I don't recall the Browns having played under those conditions yet.

    I'm talking more about self discipline as it pertains to penalties. We are the worst in the league in penalties.

    Bill B. doesn't teach self discipline. His players already have it. By the time a player earns the distinction of being called a PROFESSIONAL football player he better damn well be self disciplined.

    @gorka said:

    Haha. You're right! Water hoses! Bill B. is a genius! Can we somehow get this to Freddie?

    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/13/tom-brady-hose-rookies-training-camp

    Your entire post was a reach. Footballs on ice. Interesting. I don't recall the Browns having played under those conditions yet.

    I'm talking more about self discipline as it pertains to penalties. We are the worst in the league in penalties.

    Bill B. doesn't teach self discipline. His players already have it. By the time a player earns the distinction of being called a PROFESSIONAL football player he better damn well be self disciplined.

    Here's a thought for you. Heard it on TNF- the least penalized team in the NFL? The Miami Dolphins. It's helped them a ton to win games. 

  • @gorka said:

    Haha. You're right! Water hoses! Bill B. is a genius! Can we somehow get this to Freddie?

    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/13/tom-brady-hose-rookies-training-camp

    Your entire post was a reach. Footballs on ice. Interesting. I don't recall the Browns having played under those conditions yet.

    I'm talking more about self discipline as it pertains to penalties. We are the worst in the league in penalties.

    Bill B. doesn't teach self discipline. His players already have it. By the time a player earns the distinction of being called a PROFESSIONAL football player he better damn well be self disciplined.

    Here's a thought for you. Heard it on TNF- the least penalized team in the NFL? The Miami Dolphins. It's helped them a ton to win games. 

    @hoorta said:

    Here's a thought for you. Heard it on TNF- the least penalized team in the NFL? The Miami Dolphins. It's helped them a ton to win games. 

    I heard the same thing and was like, "WTF!" 

    I know this will sound crazy, but it's not just the amount of penalties we get, it's also WHEN they happen, ya know? They just ALWAYS seem to be the back breaking kind, lol. 

    I dunno man, but I will say this is the most excited I've been for a game in a while. Who is my surprise MVP candidate? How about Olivier Vernon? He's played quite well the last two games and I could see him whipping some ass Sunday. 

  • How about now!!!!!!

  • Just plain awful 

  • The most important coaching hire, since the return and the Browns screw it up.

  • To lose to a 3rd string QB in a supposedly winnable game is beyond acceptable

  • Next coach will be Mike McCarthy ....not sure if it will be before the end of the season or black monday

  • We’re either keeping Freddy and tanking or Freddy is gone 

    edit: reaction 

  • Fire Freddie

    Freddie-Kruger.jpg

  • I gotta put Freddie up there with worst coaches the browns have had since 99', maybe the worst - even Hue would have been better.

    We took a Gamble and lost, it could have worked, but unfortunately it didn't. What we're seeing is more severe than simple rookie growing pains, the guy is clearly years away from being ready to be a HC.

    Let it ride and cut our losses at the end of the year, I'd bet a case of beer on somebody else being named head coach come January.