Skip to content

Freddie fired

The Browns Board
486 78 16.6k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Well said Dutch!  

    Sorry for the length here but I can't hold some of this stuff hostage.   I don't know if I'm right or wrong; but I get the sense the main reason Dorsey wanted Freddie is because Dorsey wants to remain in total control of this team rather than getting the "yeah but" from a Head Coach with prior experience.  For example, "Way to close the year strong Gregg!  Now don't let the door hit you in the asss on the way out!"  Some parting shots followed from our OL Coach that said QB Coach Zampese was the guy that did a lot of the work/new play designs Freddie got credit for.  After watching the play calling and Baker's performance decline significantly for much of 2019 - that makes a lot of sense today. For a place that needs continuity and foundation - that sure got sledgehammered. 

    We have a very inexperienced/undisciplined CB in Greedy that starts over Terrence Mitchell because he earned it?  Or, was he a 2nd round pick (our 1st pick) Dorsey felt like he stole that was going to start regardless of how much better a guy like Mitchell has been here when healthy?   Greg Pruitt was asked on the radio what he felt was the problem with our secondary.  He said from his standpoint, our Corners stood a much better chance of intercepting those passes/punts with hang-time downfield if they didn't have their backs to the ball.  You can't intercept/bat what you can't see just like you can't tackle what you can't see if you're head is down.  Greedy got dinged, in came Mitchell and he intercepted a pass in Pittsburgh territory. 

    What has me thinking this way is I remembered our DC/Interim HC (GW) last year saying "I might not be able to cut him; but I can make sure he does what we ask of him."  I gotta think when he had his HC interview with Dorsey - he prolly said he wanted a say in the personnel.  That had to go over like the following answer to the question where do you see yourself in 5 years?  "Let's put it this way - you'll be fetching my coffee."  I don't know if Gregg Williams would have been the answer here; but I think he would have handled promoting someone he groomed on his staff to take over the DC position and call the defenses.  We've had multiple times this year  where Freddie was more worried about calling his next play on offense at the expense of challenging a call that should be challenged.  That got a little better recently. 

    All this said, if Dorsey was building a foundation and continuity - we shouldn't have almost as much turnover as the White House.  When it starts getting that bad, maybe it's time to look at who's doing the hiring and what the criteria behind it is.  Yeah, he got Baker right.  That said, do we still see a confident QB that makes his line look better in pass pro?  Baker has his 3rd OC (Haley, Freddie, Monken) in less than 2 full seasons.  He's on his 2nd QB Coach and this year I saw Baker trying to throw the ball late from a backward hop while he's had a lot of his passes sail high and/or out of bounds on guys that are open.  Mechanics?  Film eval?  Correct this stuff already.  And what's going on with Higgins this year?  This guy had great chem with Baker last year when we looked to him in key situations at times.

    Last but not least, I sense something big we don't know about is going on behind the scenes that we'll hear about within the next month  The same old story with veterans not wanting to be here any more to the extent they aren't going to risk injury especially in Cleveland from here on out is unfolding.  This year we've had more mysterious injuries coming up during the week of practice sidelining guys on game day than  I can recall.  Maybe I'm just noticing it more as higher expectations got punted into Lake Erie.  We've had guys disciplined, benched and inactive.  I've had a bad vibe about Randall all season long and then he misses practice last week. Yes, he's a talented individual. But individuals don't win games especially when they place "I before team" and take such a blatant cheap shot that they are thrown out of the game.  It doesn't end there, the week of the rematch vrs that thinks he's dirty - conveniently does something during the week that he knows will have consequences (like missing a game missing an important piece of preparation without an excuse/heads up ahead).  This is only hearsay but from a consistently good source to me in recent years.  One of the weeks Randall missed a game in concussion protocol - he showed up to practice with bruises and scraps all over his face after a night out at the bars. Sound like a team guy based on what this team pays him?  When GB took the very first trade offer for exchange value for their former 1st round pick - did anyone in our FO research why (especially former GB FO/Scouting employees like Highsmith and Wolf)? In 2018, Randall played through injury and he was willing to play corner when injuries had us needing him to do so. During the offseason, he endorsed Dorsey as a genius.  That said, 2019 is his contract year (so there's an agent attached at the ear lobe); and it sure looks like he wants to get out of here without getting hurt on the gridiron.  Rumor has it he took all the Cleveland Browns logos/pictures/colors off his Twitter/online dwelling; which is what many malcontent players do in the NFL today.  Now that he's going to play again this week - do we get a motivated guy or a sandbagger?  

    What happens when a lot of Dorsey's solutions don't work?  We have the foundation and continuity of another Poseiden Adventure on Lake Erie.  Is Freddie just a symptom of a bigger problem?

    greedy williams....overrated.....ward....overrated....would have taken peppers over both those guys at this point...

    @browns52 said:

    greedy williams....overrated.....ward....overrated....would have taken peppers over both those guys at this point...

    Agreed about Greed.  That said, Greedy was only overrated by THIS team (acting like we Jed Clampetted oil in round 2 with his selection).  He's lazy.  Also, his 2 divorced brain cells have a way of making us forget what 4.3 speed can do for us out there. 

    I'm going to disagree about Ward at least to the extent I've seen some good things the right coaches can work with. Last year he won the Rat game blocking the FG and generally improving our back-end coverage.  If there's a knock on him it's his durability and bad habits he's learning under this DC/staff.  Denver chose the Bradley Chubb that many wanted in his draft slot; and he's been on IR all of this year while his team had a horrible year in his rookie season. 

  • CB’s get exposed when you can’t rush the passer

  • CB’s get exposed when you can’t rush the passer

    @7moses7 said:

    CB’s get exposed when you can’t rush the passer

    Early in the year even with the DL healthy and with Garrett, the pass rush was less than stellar.  

  • @7moses7 said:

    CB’s get exposed when you can’t rush the passer

    Early in the year even with the DL healthy and with Garrett, the pass rush was less than stellar.  

    @hoorta said:

    Early in the year even with the DL healthy and with Garrett, the pass rush was less than stellar.  

    Vernon....meh

  • Haven't seen anyone post this but on this week's Orange and Brown podcast report one of the great mysteries of the offseason was explained. Remember when everyone was screaming about Beckham missing OTA's? Well looks like he made the right decision because THE OFFENSIVE SCHEME wasn't ready and all the players were doing was lounging around or  fitness training etc. In (ahem) well coached teams, the Offense is installed before the OTA and the players are initially exposed to it. No wonder the offense still can't line up properly and Beckham and Mayfield are often in different area codes. Link below to podcast

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/what-should-gm-john-dorsey-do-now-that-the-browns-are-eliminated-from-postseason-contention-orange-and-brown-talk-podcast.html

  • @hoorta said:

    Early in the year even with the DL healthy and with Garrett, the pass rush was less than stellar.  

    Vernon....meh

    @the-gipper said:

    Vernon....meh

    I'm kind of "meh" about Vernon as well, but now that he's been out for so long, it's very easy to see the difference.  Vernon was a pro at locking down his side of the field and forcing QB's to at least MOVE off their spot.  With him out (and Garrett, obviously) we can't even get pressure with blitzes.  Vernon isn't splashy, but I'll take him.  In fact, our DL is the only unit on defense I actually LIKE when everyone is healthy.  If Greedy can continue to get better and really take a leap, I'll like our DBs too (we just really need Terrence Mitchell back for depth, make him the highest paid backup DB, I don't care).  

    If we let Schobert go, then we'll be in a world of hurt at linebacker.  I'm not a Mack Wilson fan, although I do have to cut him slack for being a rookie.  

    Has Freddy been able to explain what happened with Higgins and Njoku?  God this guy just seems to make every wrong move.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Vernon....meh

    I'm kind of "meh" about Vernon as well, but now that he's been out for so long, it's very easy to see the difference.  Vernon was a pro at locking down his side of the field and forcing QB's to at least MOVE off their spot.  With him out (and Garrett, obviously) we can't even get pressure with blitzes.  Vernon isn't splashy, but I'll take him.  In fact, our DL is the only unit on defense I actually LIKE when everyone is healthy.  If Greedy can continue to get better and really take a leap, I'll like our DBs too (we just really need Terrence Mitchell back for depth, make him the highest paid backup DB, I don't care).  

    If we let Schobert go, then we'll be in a world of hurt at linebacker.  I'm not a Mack Wilson fan, although I do have to cut him slack for being a rookie.  

    Has Freddy been able to explain what happened with Higgins and Njoku?  God this guy just seems to make every wrong move.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm kind of "meh" about Vernon as well, but now that he's been out for so long, it's very easy to see the difference.  Vernon was a pro at locking down his side of the field and forcing QB's to at least MOVE off their spot.  With him out (and Garrett, obviously) we can't even get pressure with blitzes.  Vernon isn't splashy, but I'll take him.  In fact, our DL is the only unit on defense I actually LIKE when everyone is healthy.  If Greedy can continue to get better and really take a leap, I'll like our DBs too (we just really need Terrence Mitchell back for depth, make him the highest paid backup DB, I don't care).  

    If we let Schobert go, then we'll be in a world of hurt at linebacker.  I'm not a Mack Wilson fan, although I do have to cut him slack for being a rookie.  

    Has Freddy been able to explain what happened with Higgins and Njoku?  God this guy just seems to make every wrong move.

    Yea,  my "meh" about Vernon is more about the fact that he can never get on the field.....not so much about how he performs when on there.  Though, I guess we do have to ask....does he ever put any pressure on the QB.....even in the limited playing time he has had?  Here are his stats for the year:

    2019 Games

     
     
          Tackles Fumbles Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
    Date Week Tm   Opp Result GS Sk Solo Ast Comb TFL QBHits Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
    2019-09-08 1 CLE   TEN L 13-43 *                         0 0% 54 92% 6 19%
    2019-09-16 2 CLE @ NYJ W 23-3 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 49 72% 1 4%
    2019-09-22 3 CLE   LAR L 13-20 * 0.0 2 2 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 60 94% 5 21%
    2019-09-29 4 CLE @ BAL W 40-25 * 1.0 2 0 2 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 47 68% 3 11%
    2019-10-07 5 CLE @ SFO L 3-31 * 0.0 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 54 72% 7 24%
    2019-10-13 6 CLE   SEA L 28-32 * 0.0 4 0 4 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0% 73 90% 7 27%
    2019-10-27 8 CLE @ NWE L 13-27 * 1.0 6 0 6 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 69 100% 7 24%
    2019-11-03 9 CLE @ DEN L 19-24 * 1.0 2 0 2 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 45 90% 4 15%
    2019-12-01 13 CLE @ PIT L 13-20 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 10 18% 0 0%

    It surprises me that it says he has played in 9 games.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm so conflicted on this. 

    I've not been a fan of what I've seen of this team, on and off the field, but I've often complained about the Browns continually changing head coaches. I don't want to fire Kitchens, but I also don't want him to continue to Retard this team's progress. I really don't see how this team has improved from this time last season, but I hate the idea of starting over again... but I hate the idea of having Kitchens still running this team next year... ugh. 

    Well said Dutch!  

    Sorry for the length here but I can't hold some of this stuff hostage.   I don't know if I'm right or wrong; but I get the sense the main reason Dorsey wanted Freddie is because Dorsey wants to remain in total control of this team rather than getting the "yeah but" from a Head Coach with prior experience.  For example, "Way to close the year strong Gregg!  Now don't let the door hit you in the asss on the way out!"  Some parting shots followed from our OL Coach that said QB Coach Zampese was the guy that did a lot of the work/new play designs Freddie got credit for.  After watching the play calling and Baker's performance decline significantly for much of 2019 - that makes a lot of sense today. For a place that needs continuity and foundation - that sure got sledgehammered. 

    We have a very inexperienced/undisciplined CB in Greedy that starts over Terrence Mitchell because he earned it?  Or, was he a 2nd round pick (our 1st pick) Dorsey felt like he stole that was going to start regardless of how much better a guy like Mitchell has been here when healthy?   Greg Pruitt was asked on the radio what he felt was the problem with our secondary.  He said from his standpoint, our Corners stood a much better chance of intercepting those passes/punts with hang-time downfield if they didn't have their backs to the ball.  You can't intercept/bat what you can't see just like you can't tackle what you can't see if you're head is down.  Greedy got dinged, in came Mitchell and he intercepted a pass in Pittsburgh territory. 

    What has me thinking this way is I remembered our DC/Interim HC (GW) last year saying "I might not be able to cut him; but I can make sure he does what we ask of him."  I gotta think when he had his HC interview with Dorsey - he prolly said he wanted a say in the personnel.  That had to go over like the following answer to the question where do you see yourself in 5 years?  "Let's put it this way - you'll be fetching my coffee."  I don't know if Gregg Williams would have been the answer here; but I think he would have handled promoting someone he groomed on his staff to take over the DC position and call the defenses.  We've had multiple times this year  where Freddie was more worried about calling his next play on offense at the expense of challenging a call that should be challenged.  That got a little better recently. 

    All this said, if Dorsey was building a foundation and continuity - we shouldn't have almost as much turnover as the White House.  When it starts getting that bad, maybe it's time to look at who's doing the hiring and what the criteria behind it is.  Yeah, he got Baker right.  That said, do we still see a confident QB that makes his line look better in pass pro?  Baker has his 3rd OC (Haley, Freddie, Monken) in less than 2 full seasons.  He's on his 2nd QB Coach and this year I saw Baker trying to throw the ball late from a backward hop while he's had a lot of his passes sail high and/or out of bounds on guys that are open.  Mechanics?  Film eval?  Correct this stuff already.  And what's going on with Higgins this year?  This guy had great chem with Baker last year when we looked to him in key situations at times.

    Last but not least, I sense something big we don't know about is going on behind the scenes that we'll hear about within the next month  The same old story with veterans not wanting to be here any more to the extent they aren't going to risk injury especially in Cleveland from here on out is unfolding.  This year we've had more mysterious injuries coming up during the week of practice sidelining guys on game day than  I can recall.  Maybe I'm just noticing it more as higher expectations got punted into Lake Erie.  We've had guys disciplined, benched and inactive.  I've had a bad vibe about Randall all season long and then he misses practice last week. Yes, he's a talented individual. But individuals don't win games especially when they place "I before team" and take such a blatant cheap shot that they are thrown out of the game.  It doesn't end there, the week of the rematch vrs that thinks he's dirty - conveniently does something during the week that he knows will have consequences (like missing a game missing an important piece of preparation without an excuse/heads up ahead).  This is only hearsay but from a consistently good source to me in recent years.  One of the weeks Randall missed a game in concussion protocol - he showed up to practice with bruises and scraps all over his face after a night out at the bars. Sound like a team guy based on what this team pays him?  When GB took the very first trade offer for exchange value for their former 1st round pick - did anyone in our FO research why (especially former GB FO/Scouting employees like Highsmith and Wolf)? In 2018, Randall played through injury and he was willing to play corner when injuries had us needing him to do so. During the offseason, he endorsed Dorsey as a genius.  That said, 2019 is his contract year (so there's an agent attached at the ear lobe); and it sure looks like he wants to get out of here without getting hurt on the gridiron.  Rumor has it he took all the Cleveland Browns logos/pictures/colors off his Twitter/online dwelling; which is what many malcontent players do in the NFL today.  Now that he's going to play again this week - do we get a motivated guy or a sandbagger?  

    What happens when a lot of Dorsey's solutions don't work?  We have the foundation and continuity of another Poseiden Adventure on Lake Erie.  Is Freddie just a symptom of a bigger problem?

    @flugel said:

    Well said Dutch!  

    What happens when a lot of Dorsey's solutions don't work?  We have the foundation and continuity of another Poseiden Adventure on Lake Erie.  Is Freddie just a symptom of a bigger problem?

    I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

  • @flugel said:

    Well said Dutch!  

    What happens when a lot of Dorsey's solutions don't work?  We have the foundation and continuity of another Poseiden Adventure on Lake Erie.  Is Freddie just a symptom of a bigger problem?

    I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

    @icecube said:

    I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

    More specifically, I'd love to end the hiring criteria that has yet to work here.  BUT, we have another control freak in charge of that criteria so do we attack the symptom or the disease or both?    When I had strept throat, I treated the symptoms and killed the bacteria causing the illness with 10-14 days of prescribed anti-biotics.

    At first, I thought Dorsey was walking on water.  As time went on, I'm seeing a guy that's trying to be a remote control Head Coach right down to the decisions of starting HIS crappy Cornerback of choice Greedy Williams.  He doesn't suck - he swallows!  All that 4.3 speed gets erased with a hollow inner chest and 2 brain cells that aren't on speaking terms.  BUT Dorsey thinks he had an epic round 2 steal much like he thought that with Austin Corbett leading to the extent he thought it would be okay to get rid of Zeitler.  Only this time, Greedy is playing ahead of Terrence Mitchell.  As soon as Greedy left the rematch vrs Pittsburgh with an injury - Mitchell took his spot and did something Greedy remained incapable of.  He SAW the football in pass coverage so he could intercept it in Pittsburgh territory.  But as Gregg Williams said early on LAST YEAR "I may not be able to cut a player but I can see to it he does what I ask of him."   I didn't pay very much thought to that point when he made it last year until I'm seeing a bunch of 1 trick ponies trying to play TE for us.  1 guy can only block on the rare occasions he keeps his head up long enough to do so.  Another guy can only catch if the QB hits him in stride without any defenders around. Another guy can't do either but he DID PLAY FOR THE KC CHIEFS so the Dorsey ego gets his way and we're waiting on Freddie to turn Edward Scissorhands into Gronk.And good luck with that one.  And our 1st round TE?  He's more interested in showing off his abs than justifying the reason our FO before Dorsey believed in him. If Dorsey drafted him - he would have started and played the entire time we had the ball whether he was trying in practice or not.

    And, when I'm reading that this FO doesn't see any reason to keep Joe Schobert - we're creating the same unnecessary vacancy we did with Zeitler.  And why?  Dorsey didn't draft him so he perceives no reward for ego by sticking with experienced vets coming off the best years of their careers.  Not only that, but these productive vets are actually guys that were HAPPY to be here when they were giving us these kind of seasons.  BUT, Dorsey would rather see the Schobert Cleveland invested time and training into to go play elsewhere because he drafted TickyTaki and Mack for the 2 LBer scheme that makes nobody's life easy at LBer?  

    Worst of all regarding continuity, was decimating the 2018 staff to go with the inexperienced Head Coach that will say "Yes Sir" enough to make Dorsey in charge of who sits and who starts and who stay and who sprays... In essence, Dorsey is the HC while Freddie is just a Glorified OC equipped with an OC (Monk) that wasn't trusted to call his own plays in Tampa any more than he has been in Cleveland. The change in QB Coach from Zampese to Lindley has had a profound/negative impact on Baker's mechanics, performance and pre-snap keys lost in transition.  The new OL Coach had some early difficulties but I like what he has done with the newcomer at RG, which has helped so I'm on wait and see a littlemore mode with him for now.  On Defense, the guy who we traded Zeitler for is playing on a pogo stick while I'm not sure what happened to Chad Thomas in the absence of Garrett.  Does he have a pimple on his asss that needs to be popped?  It's usually a good idea to have good open field tacklers playing in the secondary. Carrie is atrocious at tackling as is Greedy (hence the countless pre-draft reports mentioning this with Greedy).  And WTF is the fascination our FO has with all the guys that played for the Miami Hurricanes?   They're a decade or 2 behind the trend of when they were gotta have prospects; and their Bowl Game loss to Nobody Tech a couple days ago reminds us of this. If that Miami pipeline doesn't

    If Dorsey was effectively building, the openings and turnover wouldn't be increasing. They'd be decreasing. Before we get to the players we need a new HC, new OC, new QB Coach, new secondary Coach, new DC; and we might want to hire Nurse Ratchid! Looks to me like we need both Safety positions, both Tackle positions, TEs with more than 1 skill, 3rd Corner, depth at Guard, depth at WR, depth at DE (especially considering how long Goodell will want to hold Cleveland hostage playing God with length of Garrett's suspension), DT.  While LBer is already a need - the situation could get even worse if they let Schobert go.  Then again, I watched Greedy keep his starting position playing without any heart over a guy like Mitchell that plays with heart and urgency so why should Schobert be important to our future if Dorsey didn't draft him. FWIW, KC is finally looking like they also have a defense that belongs in the playoffs 2 years removed from Dorsey.  Coincidence?   As far as Highsmith and Wolfe are concerned - isn't it looking like Green Bay's Defense has been improving in their absence too?  Coincidence?

    I overrated the crap out of Dorsey and the 2 big Miami Hurricane Fans in our FO. While they looked to get Baker right with our 1st pick of the draft - they came really close to getting him killed in the opener while his performance had to count on Dumb and Dumber the last 15 games.

    Sorry the length of that blowhard. I hope I'm wrong but my gi tract has been pretty accurate unfortunately...

  • @browns52 said:

    greedy williams....overrated.....ward....overrated....would have taken peppers over both those guys at this point...

    Agreed about Greed.  That said, Greedy was only overrated by THIS team (acting like we Jed Clampetted oil in round 2 with his selection).  He's lazy.  Also, his 2 divorced brain cells have a way of making us forget what 4.3 speed can do for us out there. 

    I'm going to disagree about Ward at least to the extent I've seen some good things the right coaches can work with. Last year he won the Rat game blocking the FG and generally improving our back-end coverage.  If there's a knock on him it's his durability and bad habits he's learning under this DC/staff.  Denver chose the Bradley Chubb that many wanted in his draft slot; and he's been on IR all of this year while his team had a horrible year in his rookie season. 

    @flugel said:

    Agreed about Greed.  That said, Greedy was only overrated by THIS team (acting like we Jed Clampetted oil in round 2 with his selection).  He's lazy.  Also, his 2 divorced brain cells have a way of making us forget what 4.3 speed can do for us out there. 

    I'm going to disagree about Ward at least to the extent I've seen some good things the right coaches can work with. Last year he won the Rat game blocking the FG and generally improving our back-end coverage.  If there's a knock on him it's his durability and bad habits he's learning under this DC/staff.  Denver chose the Bradley Chubb that many wanted in his draft slot; and he's been on IR all of this year while his team had a horrible year in his rookie season. 

    ? Ward looked like a lock down CB in the making last year. This season, it's like the DBs forgot how to play, never looking back to the ball, just grab, grab, grab.  

  • VSiN@VSiNLive
    “I don’t think they’re happy with the team, the demeanor of the team, and where things are going”

    Michael on potential coaching changes for the #Browns.

    #LombardiLine @mlombardiNFL & @TheWrapRadio @SIRUSXM/ @NESN/ VSiN.com @BetMGM/ @BorgataSports/ @theBetrNetwork
  • @flugel said:

    Agreed about Greed.  That said, Greedy was only overrated by THIS team (acting like we Jed Clampetted oil in round 2 with his selection).  He's lazy.  Also, his 2 divorced brain cells have a way of making us forget what 4.3 speed can do for us out there. 

    I'm going to disagree about Ward at least to the extent I've seen some good things the right coaches can work with. Last year he won the Rat game blocking the FG and generally improving our back-end coverage.  If there's a knock on him it's his durability and bad habits he's learning under this DC/staff.  Denver chose the Bradley Chubb that many wanted in his draft slot; and he's been on IR all of this year while his team had a horrible year in his rookie season. 

    ? Ward looked like a lock down CB in the making last year. This season, it's like the DBs forgot how to play, never looking back to the ball, just grab, grab, grab.  

    @icecube said:

    ? Ward looked like a lock down CB in the making last year. This season, it's like the DBs forgot how to play, never looking back to the ball, just grab, grab, grab.  

    ... or our CBs are being asked to play differently.

    Why is this so hard for people to understand?

  • Btw, we've scored 15 or fewer points SIX times so far in 15 games. Do you have any idea how pathetic that is? Six times! So in more than a 3rd of our games, we basically scored two touchdowns. For the entire game, we scored once every other quarter. Lololol. 

    Coooooooome on! We need some points! ?

  • @flugel said:

    Well said Dutch!  

    What happens when a lot of Dorsey's solutions don't work?  We have the foundation and continuity of another Poseiden Adventure on Lake Erie.  Is Freddie just a symptom of a bigger problem?

    I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

    @icecube said:

    I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

    Was listening to FOX Sports on the radio, and they gave a very fair assessment of Freddie. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Send yet another coach packing after just one year? But as they pointed out- his play calling in several games sucked the big one. Seahawks at the end of the half. Then the Ravens not running the ball, going three and out punting and letting Jackson waltz down the field for another score. My pal pointed out the Rams follies too. So Fred has obviously lost the players respect, and he doesn't have a clue about situational offense either. So he's probably gone. Unless as Flugs has hinted at- Dorsey will be too proud to admit he made a serious mistake promoting Kitchens.  

  • Dorsey will be too proud to admit he made a serious mistake promoting Kitchens.  

    Yea that seems to be the only thing that can keep him here. 

  • My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

  • Interesting... but definitely not thrilling.

  • My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

    @icecube said:

    My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will

    Has your buddy given you inside info before?  And has he been right?

  • My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

    @icecube said:

    My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

    I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

    Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so... 

  • @icecube said:

    My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

    I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

    Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so... 

    @flugel said:

    I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

    Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so... 

    I am confused.  You refer to Joe Brady...as a coach.    And you use it to also refer to Joe Burrows. (I have heard that one used before.....I guess that implies that Burrows is going to drop to the 6th round!!). 

    But, no....which coach are you talking about?