Skip to content

Freddie fired

The Browns Board
486 78 16.6k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Well said Dutch!  

    What happens when a lot of Dorsey's solutions don't work?  We have the foundation and continuity of another Poseiden Adventure on Lake Erie.  Is Freddie just a symptom of a bigger problem?

    I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

    @icecube said:

    I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

    More specifically, I'd love to end the hiring criteria that has yet to work here.  BUT, we have another control freak in charge of that criteria so do we attack the symptom or the disease or both?    When I had strept throat, I treated the symptoms and killed the bacteria causing the illness with 10-14 days of prescribed anti-biotics.

    At first, I thought Dorsey was walking on water.  As time went on, I'm seeing a guy that's trying to be a remote control Head Coach right down to the decisions of starting HIS crappy Cornerback of choice Greedy Williams.  He doesn't suck - he swallows!  All that 4.3 speed gets erased with a hollow inner chest and 2 brain cells that aren't on speaking terms.  BUT Dorsey thinks he had an epic round 2 steal much like he thought that with Austin Corbett leading to the extent he thought it would be okay to get rid of Zeitler.  Only this time, Greedy is playing ahead of Terrence Mitchell.  As soon as Greedy left the rematch vrs Pittsburgh with an injury - Mitchell took his spot and did something Greedy remained incapable of.  He SAW the football in pass coverage so he could intercept it in Pittsburgh territory.  But as Gregg Williams said early on LAST YEAR "I may not be able to cut a player but I can see to it he does what I ask of him."   I didn't pay very much thought to that point when he made it last year until I'm seeing a bunch of 1 trick ponies trying to play TE for us.  1 guy can only block on the rare occasions he keeps his head up long enough to do so.  Another guy can only catch if the QB hits him in stride without any defenders around. Another guy can't do either but he DID PLAY FOR THE KC CHIEFS so the Dorsey ego gets his way and we're waiting on Freddie to turn Edward Scissorhands into Gronk.And good luck with that one.  And our 1st round TE?  He's more interested in showing off his abs than justifying the reason our FO before Dorsey believed in him. If Dorsey drafted him - he would have started and played the entire time we had the ball whether he was trying in practice or not.

    And, when I'm reading that this FO doesn't see any reason to keep Joe Schobert - we're creating the same unnecessary vacancy we did with Zeitler.  And why?  Dorsey didn't draft him so he perceives no reward for ego by sticking with experienced vets coming off the best years of their careers.  Not only that, but these productive vets are actually guys that were HAPPY to be here when they were giving us these kind of seasons.  BUT, Dorsey would rather see the Schobert Cleveland invested time and training into to go play elsewhere because he drafted TickyTaki and Mack for the 2 LBer scheme that makes nobody's life easy at LBer?  

    Worst of all regarding continuity, was decimating the 2018 staff to go with the inexperienced Head Coach that will say "Yes Sir" enough to make Dorsey in charge of who sits and who starts and who stay and who sprays... In essence, Dorsey is the HC while Freddie is just a Glorified OC equipped with an OC (Monk) that wasn't trusted to call his own plays in Tampa any more than he has been in Cleveland. The change in QB Coach from Zampese to Lindley has had a profound/negative impact on Baker's mechanics, performance and pre-snap keys lost in transition.  The new OL Coach had some early difficulties but I like what he has done with the newcomer at RG, which has helped so I'm on wait and see a littlemore mode with him for now.  On Defense, the guy who we traded Zeitler for is playing on a pogo stick while I'm not sure what happened to Chad Thomas in the absence of Garrett.  Does he have a pimple on his asss that needs to be popped?  It's usually a good idea to have good open field tacklers playing in the secondary. Carrie is atrocious at tackling as is Greedy (hence the countless pre-draft reports mentioning this with Greedy).  And WTF is the fascination our FO has with all the guys that played for the Miami Hurricanes?   They're a decade or 2 behind the trend of when they were gotta have prospects; and their Bowl Game loss to Nobody Tech a couple days ago reminds us of this. If that Miami pipeline doesn't

    If Dorsey was effectively building, the openings and turnover wouldn't be increasing. They'd be decreasing. Before we get to the players we need a new HC, new OC, new QB Coach, new secondary Coach, new DC; and we might want to hire Nurse Ratchid! Looks to me like we need both Safety positions, both Tackle positions, TEs with more than 1 skill, 3rd Corner, depth at Guard, depth at WR, depth at DE (especially considering how long Goodell will want to hold Cleveland hostage playing God with length of Garrett's suspension), DT.  While LBer is already a need - the situation could get even worse if they let Schobert go.  Then again, I watched Greedy keep his starting position playing without any heart over a guy like Mitchell that plays with heart and urgency so why should Schobert be important to our future if Dorsey didn't draft him. FWIW, KC is finally looking like they also have a defense that belongs in the playoffs 2 years removed from Dorsey.  Coincidence?   As far as Highsmith and Wolfe are concerned - isn't it looking like Green Bay's Defense has been improving in their absence too?  Coincidence?

    I overrated the crap out of Dorsey and the 2 big Miami Hurricane Fans in our FO. While they looked to get Baker right with our 1st pick of the draft - they came really close to getting him killed in the opener while his performance had to count on Dumb and Dumber the last 15 games.

    Sorry the length of that blowhard. I hope I'm wrong but my gi tract has been pretty accurate unfortunately...

  • @browns52 said:

    greedy williams....overrated.....ward....overrated....would have taken peppers over both those guys at this point...

    Agreed about Greed.  That said, Greedy was only overrated by THIS team (acting like we Jed Clampetted oil in round 2 with his selection).  He's lazy.  Also, his 2 divorced brain cells have a way of making us forget what 4.3 speed can do for us out there. 

    I'm going to disagree about Ward at least to the extent I've seen some good things the right coaches can work with. Last year he won the Rat game blocking the FG and generally improving our back-end coverage.  If there's a knock on him it's his durability and bad habits he's learning under this DC/staff.  Denver chose the Bradley Chubb that many wanted in his draft slot; and he's been on IR all of this year while his team had a horrible year in his rookie season. 

    @flugel said:

    Agreed about Greed.  That said, Greedy was only overrated by THIS team (acting like we Jed Clampetted oil in round 2 with his selection).  He's lazy.  Also, his 2 divorced brain cells have a way of making us forget what 4.3 speed can do for us out there. 

    I'm going to disagree about Ward at least to the extent I've seen some good things the right coaches can work with. Last year he won the Rat game blocking the FG and generally improving our back-end coverage.  If there's a knock on him it's his durability and bad habits he's learning under this DC/staff.  Denver chose the Bradley Chubb that many wanted in his draft slot; and he's been on IR all of this year while his team had a horrible year in his rookie season. 

    ? Ward looked like a lock down CB in the making last year. This season, it's like the DBs forgot how to play, never looking back to the ball, just grab, grab, grab.  

  • VSiN@VSiNLive
    “I don’t think they’re happy with the team, the demeanor of the team, and where things are going”

    Michael on potential coaching changes for the #Browns.

    #LombardiLine @mlombardiNFL & @TheWrapRadio @SIRUSXM/ @NESN/ VSiN.com @BetMGM/ @BorgataSports/ @theBetrNetwork
  • @flugel said:

    Agreed about Greed.  That said, Greedy was only overrated by THIS team (acting like we Jed Clampetted oil in round 2 with his selection).  He's lazy.  Also, his 2 divorced brain cells have a way of making us forget what 4.3 speed can do for us out there. 

    I'm going to disagree about Ward at least to the extent I've seen some good things the right coaches can work with. Last year he won the Rat game blocking the FG and generally improving our back-end coverage.  If there's a knock on him it's his durability and bad habits he's learning under this DC/staff.  Denver chose the Bradley Chubb that many wanted in his draft slot; and he's been on IR all of this year while his team had a horrible year in his rookie season. 

    ? Ward looked like a lock down CB in the making last year. This season, it's like the DBs forgot how to play, never looking back to the ball, just grab, grab, grab.  

    @icecube said:

    ? Ward looked like a lock down CB in the making last year. This season, it's like the DBs forgot how to play, never looking back to the ball, just grab, grab, grab.  

    ... or our CBs are being asked to play differently.

    Why is this so hard for people to understand?

  • Btw, we've scored 15 or fewer points SIX times so far in 15 games. Do you have any idea how pathetic that is? Six times! So in more than a 3rd of our games, we basically scored two touchdowns. For the entire game, we scored once every other quarter. Lololol. 

    Coooooooome on! We need some points! ?

  • @flugel said:

    Well said Dutch!  

    What happens when a lot of Dorsey's solutions don't work?  We have the foundation and continuity of another Poseiden Adventure on Lake Erie.  Is Freddie just a symptom of a bigger problem?

    I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

    @icecube said:

    I think it's both: Freddie IS part of the problem AND a symptom of the larger problem. So now it's a catch 22: You'd love to end the HC turnover but FK won't be successful, so now what?

    Was listening to FOX Sports on the radio, and they gave a very fair assessment of Freddie. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Send yet another coach packing after just one year? But as they pointed out- his play calling in several games sucked the big one. Seahawks at the end of the half. Then the Ravens not running the ball, going three and out punting and letting Jackson waltz down the field for another score. My pal pointed out the Rams follies too. So Fred has obviously lost the players respect, and he doesn't have a clue about situational offense either. So he's probably gone. Unless as Flugs has hinted at- Dorsey will be too proud to admit he made a serious mistake promoting Kitchens.  

  • Dorsey will be too proud to admit he made a serious mistake promoting Kitchens.  

    Yea that seems to be the only thing that can keep him here. 

  • My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

  • Interesting... but definitely not thrilling.

  • My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

    @icecube said:

    My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will

    Has your buddy given you inside info before?  And has he been right?

  • My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

    @icecube said:

    My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

    I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

    Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so... 

  • @icecube said:

    My one buddy, who says he has inside info., says they will kick Dorsey up to president and Wolfe (son of Ron) will be hired as GM, and then they will hire McCarthy or McDaniels as head coach. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if that is the case, but maybe better than what they had this season. 

    I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

    Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so... 

    @flugel said:

    I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

    Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so... 

    I am confused.  You refer to Joe Brady...as a coach.    And you use it to also refer to Joe Burrows. (I have heard that one used before.....I guess that implies that Burrows is going to drop to the 6th round!!). 

    But, no....which coach are you talking about?

  • The closer I get to Black Monday, the more I fear Freddie will remain in charge of the Browns. I foresee a press conference talking about stability and how the Fat Man made some mistakes but has grown as a coach, followed by more yada, yada, yada. 

    I then foresee me not caring about the off season and only posting here - mostly in pink font, after we are once again anointed "The very bestest drafters in the history of drafting" after our next draft day domination.

    Then word will come out how hard Baker and OBJ are working together in SoCal, which when combined with the 6 future HoFs that we drafted will spark post after positive post about how the up coming season is going to finally be our year. 

    ^ Hmmmmm, after proof reading all of that, where have I seen this movie before?? 

    Happy New Year everyone.

  • @flugel said:

    I wouldn't mind seeing LSU's Joe Brady get some consideration with all I'm reading and hearing about how much he has helped Joe Burrow progress from last year.  Prior to that, he worked on Sean Payton's staff with Drew Brees. I'd rather see Brees as Baker's role model than Favre.  I've seen 1 throw off the backwards hop too many to like hearing the Favre resemblance.  We also need some brain cells in our coaching staff that understand we need to bury the shuffle pass once and for all. 

    Back to Joe Brady, he has NFL and college experience.  Again, if I want hiring criteria to improve I'd rather see more than 2 candidates (with a gut feeling they are already leaning toward the 1 they worked with in GB). I like Mike McCarthy as a candidate; but Joe Brady's work at LSU transcended the program and the QB to the National Championship Game.  Not a bad resume when you can say I was the only one that tapped Joe Burrow's QB talent; especially when we see how much he did so... 

    I am confused.  You refer to Joe Brady...as a coach.    And you use it to also refer to Joe Burrows. (I have heard that one used before.....I guess that implies that Burrows is going to drop to the 6th round!!). 

    But, no....which coach are you talking about?

    @the-gipper said:

    I am confused.  - Gips

    What else is new? - Tom F.

    You refer to Joe Brady...as a coach.    - Gips

    That's because that is what he is.  There's hundreds of thousands of football fans that also call him a coach. Go figure... - Tom F.

    And you use it to also refer to Joe Burrows. - Gips

    I didn't know there was more than 1 Joe Burrow so thank you for correcting me. The Joe Burrow that was the QB for LSU's Passing Game Coordinator (Joe Brady) developed into a 1st round prospect in 2019. Burrow is now rumored to be the 1st player taken in the 2020 Draft barring any major injury in the National Championship Game.  These are pretty impressive stats Burrow compiled in LSU's 2019 Passing Game (under Passing Game Coordinator Joe Brady) that rank with elite college QBs of all time: 77.6 comp % 5208 yds 55 TD 6 INT.   That said, I'll be happy to show you Joe Burrow's passing numbers in 2018 when Joe Brady wasn't coaching at LSU: 57.8 comp % 2894 yds 16 TD 5 INT...   See the difference?  Or do I need to ask do you want to see the difference?     - Tom F.

    (I have heard that one used before.....I guess that implies that Burrows is going to drop to the 6th round!!). - Gips

    I just covered all that.  If your goal wasn't to be a douche bag, perhaps you'd remember we have a 1st overall pick at QB from the 2018 draft whose performance regressed significantly in 2019.  Now why do you suppose a Coach like Joe Brady would interest me after he took what he learned as an Assistant Coach under Sean Payton (w/Drew Brees at QB) over to LSU to transcend their QB and Passing Game to new heights that has the people in Louisiana excited about a National Championship Game directed by their Heisman Trophy Winning QB?  - Tom F.

    But, no....which coach are you talking about? - Gips

    The Joe Brady that gives you panic attacks when I refer to him as a Coach.  - Tom F.

  • Good bye FAT FRED 

  • 15 minutes left to Clowns season,

  • Fire Freddie?

  • Bye Bye Freddie (please)

  • Fire Freddie Bitchens

  • Later fatass