Freddie fired
-
if this team was in a rebuild and Freddie could grow into the job, he deserved year two. This team going into next year is way too talented for that to be true though. Most importantly though, Kitchens just didn’t get it. This game today he was still making the same mistakes from week one.
Ron Rivera checks off every box for me, I really hope they can lure him in for a look.
Freddie didn't deserve the job to begin with.
Freddie didn't deserve the job to begin with.
Ding-ding-ding. No prior experience at any level. You don't get the keys to the car just because you had one decent season as OC. He had no business being a HC. If that's the case then I could have put an application in to be the HC.
-
Firing Freddie on Monday = get outta here!
Firing Freddie tonight = get the FUCK outta here!
Firing Freddie on Monday = get outta here!
Firing Freddie tonight = get the FUCK outta here!
I think they wanted possible HC candidates to know our situation asap.
-
Were you THAT oblivious Freddie? Gosh, those were some bonehead play calls over the course of the year, and the team showed zero improvement. I was at the game today, and it looked like most of the team already had their bags packed to get out of town. Getting DOMINATED by a one win team? Totally unacceptable- that loss was the final nail in your HC coffin.
I want Freddie AND Dorsey gone. I know, people think I'm crazy, but I don't believe he deserves more time. He hired the coach, he goes down with him. Peace out, douche bag.
Nah, The Dorse is going nowhere- at least yet. Promoting Freddie was a big mistake- I hope he learned something from it.
Were you THAT oblivious Freddie? Gosh, those were some bonehead play calls over the course of the year, and the team showed zero improvement. I was at the game today, and it looked like most of the team already had their bags packed to get out of town. Getting DOMINATED by a one win team? Totally unacceptable- that loss was the final nail in your HC coffin.
Nah, The Dorse is going nowhere- at least yet. Promoting Freddie was a big mistake- I hope he learned something from it.
Freddie was as clueless about the fact that he was going to be fired, as he was clueless about the fact that his players were not behind him as he was as clueless about how to manage a football game.
-
FredZed's Dead Baby
-
Should have done it right after the first Steelers game. Oh well, let's see what clown they go for next.
-
Next HC has to be someone who won’t let loud mouths Landry and OBJ run the team.
I wonder why you chose those two, interesting
I wonder why you chose those two, interesting
Since he didn't include Baker and his shit ton of INTs I have a guess.
-
He had to go no doubt but I feel bad for him. I believe he genuinely loved the Browns, the fans and wanted to win. He simply didn’t have the ability to be a head coach. That isn’t as much a reflection on his failure but moreso in those who gave him the job. Many will lay that at Dorsey’s feet but there are those who might suggest Kitchens was actually pushed by Jimmy. Pauline and Albright both reported several weeks ago that Jimmy wanted to keep Kitchens and Dorsey did not. As long as Jimmy and Dee keep picking coaches and over riding everyone’s advice on coaches we are screwed.
He had to go no doubt but I feel bad for him. I believe he genuinely loved the Browns, the fans and wanted to win. He simply didn’t have the ability to be a head coach. That isn’t as much a reflection on his failure but moreso in those who gave him the job. Many will lay that at Dorsey’s feet but there are those who might suggest Kitchens was actually pushed by Jimmy. Pauline and Albright both reported several weeks ago that Jimmy wanted to keep Kitchens and Dorsey did not. As long as Jimmy and Dee keep picking coaches and over riding everyone’s advice on coaches we are screwed.
This! I still have no idea what they were thinking. If they loved Freddie so much keep GW and his dopey son and the rest of core intact. Give Greg a 2+1 with team option at the end. Have him learn for 2 years and let go of Williams after that to get experience. This wasn't rocket science.
-
if this team was in a rebuild and Freddie could grow into the job, he deserved year two. This team going into next year is way too talented for that to be true though. Most importantly though, Kitchens just didn’t get it. This game today he was still making the same mistakes from week one.
Ron Rivera checks off every box for me, I really hope they can lure him in for a look.
Rivera is interviewing f or the washington job
-
Freddie didn't deserve the job to begin with.
Ding-ding-ding. No prior experience at any level. You don't get the keys to the car just because you had one decent season as OC. He had no business being a HC. If that's the case then I could have put an application in to be the HC.
Ding-ding-ding. No prior experience at any level. You don't get the keys to the car just because you had one decent season as OC. He had no business being a HC. If that's the case then I could have put an application in to be the HC.
Correction: half a season as OC using someone else's playbook. Good riddance, he was the worst coach since the return, even worse than Hue ( I said it) despite 6 wins which were won on pure talent not game planning. Since 1999 I've never witnessed such an undisciplined and unprepared team. Dorsey who hired him also deserves to be fired by screwing up the biggest coaching hire since the return and setting this franchise back another year.
-
Ding-ding-ding. No prior experience at any level. You don't get the keys to the car just because you had one decent season as OC. He had no business being a HC. If that's the case then I could have put an application in to be the HC.
Correction: half a season as OC using someone else's playbook. Good riddance, he was the worst coach since the return, even worse than Hue ( I said it) despite 6 wins which were won on pure talent not game planning. Since 1999 I've never witnessed such an undisciplined and unprepared team. Dorsey who hired him also deserves to be fired by screwing up the biggest coaching hire since the return and setting this franchise back another year.
-
-
The best part about this we lose the entire staff.
Secondary coach...D coordinator...Monken...QB coach I know I’m missing 10 others
Yeah, but I want Dorsey gone too. That idiot is worthless, I'm telling you. Austin Corbett AND Chad Thomas? He got lucky with Chubb because he had an extra 2nd rounder, but Jesus.
Yeah, but I want Dorsey gone too. That idiot is worthless, I'm telling you. Austin Corbett AND Chad Thomas? He got lucky with Chubb because he had an extra 2nd rounder, but Jesus.
This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.
-
The last few games of the season I was hoping the team would play better that Freddie would should improvement and he didn't and neither did the team. Especially after Garrett got suspended the offense should have been even more centered around Chubb to control the game and help the defense. Too many times we just came out firing, passing too much. And look if the passing was working no one would be complaining but it was helter skelter all year and was at its best when we had balance of the running game. It was just the same mistake over and over as far a managing the game goes. And the more I watched the last few games, the more I began to feel Freddie had to go. Given how the season played out my first choice would be Rivera. He would bring discipline and stability. He will also focus on the run game. And no to Josh McDaniels, I have already seen that idiots name pop up. That guy is a dick and I don't want that guy even considered.
-
Yeah, but I want Dorsey gone too. That idiot is worthless, I'm telling you. Austin Corbett AND Chad Thomas? He got lucky with Chubb because he had an extra 2nd rounder, but Jesus.
This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.
This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.
No it’s not. Dorsey inherited the biggest cap of $108m in the history of the NFL and 11 draft picks and what do he have to show for it?We have virtually zero depth. I won’t repeat my analysis of the Zeitler trade which was disastrous for a short QB like Baker. I won’t regret him being fired at all.
-
I want Freddie AND Dorsey gone.
I know, people think I'm crazy, Got my vote before week 1
but I don't believe he deserves more time. You Don't Matter..
He hired the coach, he goes down with him. No Dorsey did not..Dorsey broke a tie at 2 a piece and as he should have, he broke the tie... not Haslam
Peace out, douche bag. Do you honestly think Dorsey is giving Kitchens official firing statement if Haslam has plans of firing him?
careful what ya ask for.. this talent sorely needs a no nonsense coach... that won't need to be scrambling for a staff
This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.
Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb.
Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller?
I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go .
-
This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.
No it’s not. Dorsey inherited the biggest cap of $108m in the history of the NFL and 11 draft picks and what do he have to show for it?We have virtually zero depth. I won’t repeat my analysis of the Zeitler trade which was disastrous for a short QB like Baker. I won’t regret him being fired at all.
No it’s not. Dorsey inherited the biggest cap of $108m in the history of the NFL and 11 draft picks and what do he have to show for it?We have virtually zero depth. I won’t repeat my analysis of the Zeitler trade which was disastrous for a short QB like Baker. I won’t regret him being fired at all.
So this is the problem with your logic. You have the devil you do know versus the devil you don't. Given Jimmys track record on hiring GMs Dorsey is the best by far and its not even close. The problem isn't the GM. This is one of the side effects of running through coaches all time, people want to dump the GM etc. Dorsey built the the team in KC and improved the talent on this team too. Maybe you would rather go back to Lombardi or Farmer or Sashi?
-
This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.
Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb.
Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller?
I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go .
Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb.
Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller?
I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go .
If you wanted to see what a real pass rush looks like- I caught some of the 49ers Seahawks game....
-
This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.
Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb.
Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller?
I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go .
Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb.
Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller?
I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go .
Yeah I was one of those guys who wanted Bradley Chubb too, I saw him play a lot at NCSU I knew he was good. But if memory serves the Gregg Williams wanted a press corner and that what the GM gave him. The GMs job is give the coaches the type of players they want. I am not going to ding Dorsey for that pick. Corbett turned out to be a bad pick, it is what it is. Every GM picking today has f'd up at some point. And as far as the trade goes, its obvious they thought Corbett could fill that position. he didn't, the end result is keeping Zeitler wouldn't have changed the outcome to the season, from my perspective better coaching would overcome that.
-
Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb.
Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller?
I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go .
Yeah I was one of those guys who wanted Bradley Chubb too, I saw him play a lot at NCSU I knew he was good. But if memory serves the Gregg Williams wanted a press corner and that what the GM gave him. The GMs job is give the coaches the type of players they want. I am not going to ding Dorsey for that pick. Corbett turned out to be a bad pick, it is what it is. Every GM picking today has f'd up at some point. And as far as the trade goes, its obvious they thought Corbett could fill that position. he didn't, the end result is keeping Zeitler wouldn't have changed the outcome to the season, from my perspective better coaching would overcome that.
Yeah I was one of those guys who wanted Bradley Chubb too, I saw him play a lot at NCSU I knew he was good. But if memory serves the Gregg Williams wanted a press corner and that what the GM gave him. The GMs job is give the coaches the type of players they want. I am not going to ding Dorsey for that pick. Corbett turned out to be a bad pick, it is what it is. Every GM picking today has f'd up at some point. And as far as the trade goes, its obvious they thought Corbett could fill that position. he didn't, the end result is keeping Zeitler wouldn't have changed the outcome to the season, from my perspective better coaching would overcome that.
Now, you have to wonder if the coaching was part of the problem of Baker going from an up and coming sure fire franchise qb to total garbage in one year.
-
It’s a shame that Dorsey can’t fire Jimmy Haslam. He’s the real problem.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login