Skip to content

Freddie fired

The Browns Board
486 78 16.6k 1
  • This is bad but when you add the fact it was directly after a timeout.....the word inept springs to mind. 

    D67F2EF4-9DEC-4B80-952E-3EEC32F83D54.png

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The best part about this we lose the entire staff.

    Secondary coach...D coordinator...Monken...QB coach I know I’m missing 10 others 

    Yeah, but I want Dorsey gone too. That idiot is worthless, I'm telling you. Austin Corbett AND Chad Thomas? He got lucky with Chubb because he had an extra 2nd rounder, but Jesus. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yeah, but I want Dorsey gone too. That idiot is worthless, I'm telling you. Austin Corbett AND Chad Thomas? He got lucky with Chubb because he had an extra 2nd rounder, but Jesus. 

    This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.

  • The last few games of the season I was hoping the team would play better that Freddie would should improvement and he didn't and neither did the team. Especially after Garrett got suspended the offense should have been even more centered around Chubb to control the game and help the defense. Too many times we just came out firing, passing too much. And look if the passing was working no one would be complaining but it was helter skelter all year and was at its best when we had balance of the running game. It was just the same mistake over and over as far a managing the game goes. And the more I watched the last few games, the more I began to feel Freddie had to go. Given how the season played out my first choice would be Rivera. He would bring discipline and stability. He will also focus on the run game. And no to Josh McDaniels, I have already seen that idiots name pop up. That guy is a dick and I don't want that guy even considered.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Yeah, but I want Dorsey gone too. That idiot is worthless, I'm telling you. Austin Corbett AND Chad Thomas? He got lucky with Chubb because he had an extra 2nd rounder, but Jesus. 

    This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.

    @runyon27 said:

    This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.

     No it’s not. Dorsey inherited the biggest cap of $108m in the history of the NFL and 11 draft picks and what do he have to show for it?We have virtually zero depth. I won’t repeat my analysis of the Zeitler trade which was disastrous for a short QB like Baker. I won’t regret him being fired at all. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I want Freddie AND Dorsey gone.

    I know, people think I'm crazy, Got my vote before week 1

    but I don't believe he deserves more time. You Don't Matter..

    He hired the coach, he goes down with him. No Dorsey did not..Dorsey broke a tie at 2 a piece and as he should have, he broke the tie... not Haslam

    Peace out, douche bag. Do you honestly think Dorsey is giving Kitchens official firing statement if Haslam has plans of firing him?

    careful what ya ask for.. this talent sorely needs a no nonsense coach... that won't need to be scrambling for a staff 

    @gumby73 said:

    @runyon27 said:

    This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.

    Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb. 

    Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller? 

    I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go . 

  • @runyon27 said:

    This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.

     No it’s not. Dorsey inherited the biggest cap of $108m in the history of the NFL and 11 draft picks and what do he have to show for it?We have virtually zero depth. I won’t repeat my analysis of the Zeitler trade which was disastrous for a short QB like Baker. I won’t regret him being fired at all. 

    @mddawg said:

     No it’s not. Dorsey inherited the biggest cap of $108m in the history of the NFL and 11 draft picks and what do he have to show for it?We have virtually zero depth. I won’t repeat my analysis of the Zeitler trade which was disastrous for a short QB like Baker. I won’t regret him being fired at all. 

    So this is the problem with your logic. You have the devil you do know versus the devil you don't. Given Jimmys track record on hiring GMs Dorsey is the best by far and its not even close. The problem isn't the GM. This is one of the side effects of running through coaches all time, people want to dump the GM etc. Dorsey built the the team in KC and improved the talent on this team too. Maybe you would rather go back to Lombardi or Farmer or Sashi?

  • @gumby73 said:

    @runyon27 said:

    This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.

    Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb. 

    Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller? 

    I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go . 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb. 

    Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller? 

    I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go . 

    If you wanted to see what a real pass rush looks like- I caught some of the 49ers Seahawks game.... 

  • @gumby73 said:

    @runyon27 said:

    This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.

    Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb. 

    Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller? 

    I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go . 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb. 

    Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller? 

    I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go . 

    Yeah I was one of those guys who wanted Bradley Chubb too, I saw him play a lot at NCSU I knew he was good. But if memory serves the Gregg Williams wanted a press corner and that what the GM gave him. The GMs job is give the coaches the type of players they want. I am not going to ding Dorsey for that pick. Corbett turned out to be a bad pick, it is what it is. Every GM picking today has f'd up at some point. And as far as the trade goes, its obvious they thought Corbett could fill that position. he didn't, the end result is keeping Zeitler wouldn't have changed the outcome to the season, from my perspective better coaching would overcome that.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb. 

    Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller? 

    I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go . 

    Yeah I was one of those guys who wanted Bradley Chubb too, I saw him play a lot at NCSU I knew he was good. But if memory serves the Gregg Williams wanted a press corner and that what the GM gave him. The GMs job is give the coaches the type of players they want. I am not going to ding Dorsey for that pick. Corbett turned out to be a bad pick, it is what it is. Every GM picking today has f'd up at some point. And as far as the trade goes, its obvious they thought Corbett could fill that position. he didn't, the end result is keeping Zeitler wouldn't have changed the outcome to the season, from my perspective better coaching would overcome that.

    @runyon27 said:

    Yeah I was one of those guys who wanted Bradley Chubb too, I saw him play a lot at NCSU I knew he was good. But if memory serves the Gregg Williams wanted a press corner and that what the GM gave him. The GMs job is give the coaches the type of players they want. I am not going to ding Dorsey for that pick. Corbett turned out to be a bad pick, it is what it is. Every GM picking today has f'd up at some point. And as far as the trade goes, its obvious they thought Corbett could fill that position. he didn't, the end result is keeping Zeitler wouldn't have changed the outcome to the season, from my perspective better coaching would overcome that.

    Now, you have to wonder if the coaching was part of the problem  of Baker  going  from  an up and coming  sure fire franchise qb to total  garbage  in one year. 

  • It’s a shame that Dorsey can’t fire Jimmy Haslam.  He’s the real problem. 

  • @runyon27 said:

    Yeah I was one of those guys who wanted Bradley Chubb too, I saw him play a lot at NCSU I knew he was good. But if memory serves the Gregg Williams wanted a press corner and that what the GM gave him. The GMs job is give the coaches the type of players they want. I am not going to ding Dorsey for that pick. Corbett turned out to be a bad pick, it is what it is. Every GM picking today has f'd up at some point. And as far as the trade goes, its obvious they thought Corbett could fill that position. he didn't, the end result is keeping Zeitler wouldn't have changed the outcome to the season, from my perspective better coaching would overcome that.

    Now, you have to wonder if the coaching was part of the problem  of Baker  going  from  an up and coming  sure fire franchise qb to total  garbage  in one year. 

    @hoorta said:

    Now, you have to wonder if the coaching was part of the problem  of Baker  going  from  an up and coming  sure fire franchise qb to total  garbage  in one year. 

    I am not ready to call it quits on Baker just yet, I believe he can be salvaged with the right coach. 

  • And so it is. 
    With the immortal words of Cheech Marin

    By By Lardass

    417398FC-A2D7-43EA-9A67-7DA9E22FA9C0.gif

  • @gumby73 said:

    @runyon27 said:

    This is a crazy statement. Dorsey has done more for this team than any GM we have had in recent memory and no GM hits on every pick.

    Man, is the bar set THIS low that we'd settle for a guy like Dorsey just because he added a few decent players? No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. It was clearly an example of a "look at how smart I am!" pick, and that's total crap. When you're talking about really high picks, the process isn't that high. For example, did ANYONE have us taking Corbett at 33? No, of course not. Why? Because it was FREAKING dumb. 

    Here's another example. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years, but noooooooo, Dorsey HAD to be cute. And what did he do to address the pass rush? He traded Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon. Anyone happy with THAT trade? Anyone? Bueller? 

    I don't know, I think Dorsey is totally overrated, and that's why you heard reports of more than the coach being altered. If he was SO good, no team would've let Dorsey go . 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    No GM hits on every pick, but the Corbett pick was inexcusable. Many people had us taking Bradley Chubb at 4. Dorsey went with Ward, which is tough to argue with because Ward is a very solid CB, but where do we have most of our problems? Pass rush. The tandem if Garrett and Chubb could've been legendary for years,

    A part of a GM's job is to buy 90 groceries. Some fit coaching staffs, the better teams can draft average Joe's & coach them up...Take Pete Carrol & staff out of Seattle & what do you have? Is it any GM's fault when you can see Erving, Corbett, Hyde, Duke, Fells, Ogbah, Peppers, Avery, Nassib, Perriman all being coached up properly to look noway as bad as they did here? It's coaching Bruh .. 

    @hoorta said:

    Now, you have to wonder if the coaching was part of the problem   

     32 get the keys to be fired, but the other 16 coaches on this next staff is what we need to get right..

  • I’m largely in favor of continuity, so l’d like to see Dorsey stay. I’m glad to see his reputation come back to Earth though. The way some here talked last year it was like he could do no wrong. 

    Any new GM is going to restart that whole “his guys” process, which is just a hassle. 

  • Let's be real though, Dorsey didn't have a great 2019 either. 

  • I’m largely in favor of continuity, so l’d like to see Dorsey stay. I’m glad to see his reputation come back to Earth though. The way some here talked last year it was like he could do no wrong. 

    Any new GM is going to restart that whole “his guys” process, which is just a hassle. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I’m largely in favor of continuity, so l’d like to see Dorsey stay. I’m glad to see his reputation come back to Earth though. The way some here talked last year it was like he could do no wrong. 

    Any new GM is going to restart that whole “his guys” process, which is just a hassle. 

    I agree that would suck a large bag of dicks and put us back to square one and kick-off another 15 years of bullshit. Because if we don't go to the playoffs in 2020 he will do it again. Haslam is an idiot.

    WSS

  • Well I'm wondering why Corbett did not work out here, got traded for a 5th round pick and is now the starting LG for the Rams?

    Maybe it had more to do with coaching than picking. Not that I give Dorsey any credit for the OBJ trade depleting a thin OL either. That helped turn Baker from a seasoned soph into a starting rookie. And as that QB class plays out it will be interesting to see how he ends up in the long run. I still think the right coaching can turn him into another Brees capable of reading the defenses, changing the plays and finding the right receivers while moving safeties like pinballs with his eyes the way Brees does it.

  • It could be worse: Seahawks gave an object lesson last night in how not to manage the clock - and their coach isn't going anywhere.

  • Theres more talent on this team, by far, than there has ever been since 1999. Dorsey took a team that won ONE game over two years and infused this level over two years.

    man got enticed by the McVey mania and thought he had the next guru. He swung and missed and everyone knew it. But to say he needs to go too is just insane. A competent coach EASILY has this team at 9-7 or better.

    but yeah, let’s can the best GM we’ve ever had in year two because he messed up a 2nd round pick.

  • Well I'm wondering why Corbett did not work out here, got traded for a 5th round pick and is now the starting LG for the Rams?

    Maybe it had more to do with coaching than picking. Not that I give Dorsey any credit for the OBJ trade depleting a thin OL either. That helped turn Baker from a seasoned soph into a starting rookie. And as that QB class plays out it will be interesting to see how he ends up in the long run. I still think the right coaching can turn him into another Brees capable of reading the defenses, changing the plays and finding the right receivers while moving safeties like pinballs with his eyes the way Brees does it.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well I'm wondering why Corbett did not work out here, got traded for a 5th round pick and is now the starting LG for the Rams?

    Maybe it had more to do with coaching than picking. Not that I give Dorsey any credit for the OBJ trade depleting a thin OL either. That helped turn Baker from a seasoned soph into a starting rookie. And as that QB class plays out it will be interesting to see how he ends up in the long run. I still think the right coaching can turn him into another Brees capable of reading the defenses, changing the plays and finding the right receivers while moving safeties like pinballs with his eyes the way Brees does it.

    Interesting. I didn’t know Corbett was starting for the Rams. Could be hope for him yet. 

    I would say not all of Dorsey’s moves were awful this year. Gillan was a ballsy move that seems to have worked out. Seibert had a decent year. Sure, he missed some kicks but seemed to have a timeliness with the kicks he missed, like he didn’t blow any obvious game winners.

    Greedy and Mack Wilson showed some promise on defense. I like Forbes as a developmental guy and maybe Taki squared too. 

    The OBJ move? l get both sides of it, the positives and negatives, but we did get a glimpse yesterday of what he can bring to the table. That TD catch was a pro’s pro of a catch. 

    And Dorsey’s approach to fixing the Oline was a sorta goofy shotgun approach, like “let’s sign 10 guys for 3 jobs” kind of thing, and it took all year to sort, but maybe Teller is a keeper and puts us basically where we were before trading Zeitler at a fraction of the cost. 

    I do get the impression he’s a hands on GM, for better or worse, but at least he’s involved and presumably aware of what’s really going on with the team, which likely played a part in parting ways with Kitchens after only one year. 

    Oh, and resigning Tretter was a positive imo.