Skip to content

Freddie fired

The Browns Board
486 78 16.6k 1
  • In case you weren't watching the game, let me be sure to remind you of what Freddie decided to do.

    4th and 11 in a two score game, Freddie first decides to punt the ball (stupid). Realizes he made stupid mistake. Instead of using timeout, intentionally takes a delay of game penalty to make the 4th down play 4th and 16 that was game over if you don't get it. Of course they don't (because stupid) and we have the result we saw. This isn't "rookie learning curve". That's incompetence of the highest order. Rex Ryan was crying he was laughing so hard at how bad that decision was.

    As has been posted, I was intrigued by giving Freddie a shot and maybe having our lightning in a bottle. But peeps, this isn't "rookie coaching mistakes". The game is simply too fast for him right now, and it's resulting in incompetence, discipline penalties, and results where we are. I never really think there's a reason to fire someone 1/2 way, but I just hope unless we see some unbelievable shift we cut bait. It's clear as day Freddie just doesn't have the chops to do this.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Except, of course, arguably the two best coaches in history used to coach the Browns:  Paul Brown and Bill Belichick. 

    Art Modell fucked it up with both of them.

    If you want to use your kiddiegarter insults on Modell....by all means, go at it. 

    First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.

    @coachtoad said:

    First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.

    Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.

    Beyond that,   Prove it.  Provide affidavits.  And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be. 

  • @stillmotion said:

    How are the Sonics doing bro?

    Wouldn't it be cool if you could go to their forum?

    I hate the NBA almost as bad as Lebron hates Cleveland. Glad we are getting the NHL. NBA is a joke. That Tristian Thompson is a fine citizen though!

    @coachtoad said:

    I hate the NBA almost as bad as Lebron hates Cleveland. Glad we are getting the NHL. NBA is a joke. That Tristian Thompson is a fine citizen though!

    LeBron still  loves Cleveland/Akron.  Still has his home here. He just went to LA to semi-retire and to try to get into being a Hollywood producer.  Stars in his eyes and all that. 

    In fact, I hear that he may have to come stay back here, because his home in LA is like right in the area where fires  are destroying a lot of houses.

  • Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team.  Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.

    @baconhound said:

    Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team.  Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.

    The Browns do seem to want to bring in the "hot new" coordinator or something.  So, OK, "lack of experience and unproven"  is an issue.  On the other hand, when they have brought in experienced coaches, they have fared no better:   Hue Jackson (former Raiders HC),  Eric Mangini (Jets).

  • My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot. 

  • In case you weren't watching the game, let me be sure to remind you of what Freddie decided to do.

    4th and 11 in a two score game, Freddie first decides to punt the ball (stupid). Realizes he made stupid mistake. Instead of using timeout, intentionally takes a delay of game penalty to make the 4th down play 4th and 16 that was game over if you don't get it. Of course they don't (because stupid) and we have the result we saw. This isn't "rookie learning curve". That's incompetence of the highest order. Rex Ryan was crying he was laughing so hard at how bad that decision was.

    As has been posted, I was intrigued by giving Freddie a shot and maybe having our lightning in a bottle. But peeps, this isn't "rookie coaching mistakes". The game is simply too fast for him right now, and it's resulting in incompetence, discipline penalties, and results where we are. I never really think there's a reason to fire someone 1/2 way, but I just hope unless we see some unbelievable shift we cut bait. It's clear as day Freddie just doesn't have the chops to do this.

    @jrb12711 said:

    In case you weren't watching the game, let me be sure to remind you of what Freddie decided to do.

    4th and 11 in a two score game, Freddie first decides to punt the ball (stupid). Realizes he made stupid mistake. Instead of using timeout, intentionally takes a delay of game penalty to make the 4th down play 4th and 16 that was game over if you don't get it. Of course they don't (because stupid) and we have the result we saw. This isn't "rookie learning curve". That's incompetence of the highest order. Rex Ryan was crying he was laughing so hard at how bad that decision was.

    As has been posted, I was intrigued by giving Freddie a shot and maybe having our lightning in a bottle. But peeps, this isn't "rookie coaching mistakes". The game is simply too fast for him right now, and it's resulting in incompetence, discipline penalties, and results where we are. I never really think there's a reason to fire someone 1/2 way, but I just hope unless we see some unbelievable shift we cut bait. It's clear as day Freddie just doesn't have the chops to do this.

    It does seem that way......but the fact is, the Browns have 9 games to play.....and very well could be favored to win all of them   (mjp has failed to show the spreads on these upcoming games...despite being asked to do so numerous times).

    If he sorely fucks up these games...with the talent now on this team, then we will know that what you say is true.

  • My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot. 

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot. 

    I would like to blame this on Jimmy Haslam, who has had a tendency toward poor hiring practices.   But I think this has to be on Dorsey.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot. 

    I would like to blame this on Jimmy Haslam, who has had a tendency toward poor hiring practices.   But I think this has to be on Dorsey.

    @the-gipper said:

    I would like to blame this on Jimmy Haslam, who has had a tendency toward poor hiring practices.   But I think this has to be on Dorsey.

    Same here because I am not impressed with Haslam and I like Dorsey.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't know what firing him right now does. I do think he's got no chance at keeping a job, but I'll also say the players haven't helped him out. Freddie can't help Chubb protect the ball. Freddie can't block the DL that Baker threw the ball to. Freddie can't tell Higgins not to push off. Freddie can't throw it to OBJ. Freddie can't help Denzel Ward catch the easy interception in the end zone. 

    Don't get me wrong, I think he's in way over his head, but our players have been terrible. Our players simply REFUSE to make plays consistently. 

    Maybe I  should  start a poll, are the Browns  cursed, or what?

    @hoorta said:

    Maybe I  should  start a poll, are the Browns  cursed, or what?

    It’s like I said in another post, I think the Browns HAVE to be cursed.  I mean, what other explanation is there?  How many times have you EVER seen an offensive lineman fall down and hit feet inexplicably swings upwards to perfectly hit a ball from a running back’s grasp and then have the ball roll directly to a defensive player for a touchdown?  Have you EVER seen it?  I know I have not, and that’s just the beginning. 

    How about the breakaway Chubb fumble?  We had one of those last year with Calloway, and here we are, doing it again THIS year.  Have you ever seen two teams do that in back to back years?  What about the Baker interceptions that bounce off receivers only to sail directly to defenders?  How many of THOSE are we going to see?  A defensive lineman that beats our all pro guard and INTERCEPTS a pass? 

    I could go on and on, but there’s really no point.  SOMETHING is just very wrong with our team, and what really hurts is the fact we all believed we were DONE with this crap.  We thought that we were really on our way, but the reality is…”We’re the same old Browns.”

    Lord, I want to be wrong.  Heck, I’d love NOTHING MORE than to be wrong.  But who the heck are we going to beat when we just GIVE the games away?

  • @hoorta said:

    Maybe I  should  start a poll, are the Browns  cursed, or what?

    Yes, they're cursed. 

    Mainly though, they can't get out of their own way.

    @bob806 said:

    Yes, they're cursed. 

    Mainly though, they can't get out of their own way.

    Sadly, maybe so. 

  • @coachtoad said:

    First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.

    Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.

    Beyond that,   Prove it.  Provide affidavits.  And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.

    Beyond that,   Prove it.  Provide affidavits.  And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be. 

    I have my legal secretary working on that now.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.

    Beyond that,   Prove it.  Provide affidavits.  And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be. 

    I have my legal secretary working on that now.

    @coachtoad said:

    I have my legal secretary working on that now.

    I don't believe for moment that you have a legal secretary.  Poseur. All you can do is look at my profile...and pretend to be like me.

  • I saw where there were about 6 or 7 first year coaches in the NFL.

    Only the GB coach has a winning season, the others were as bad a record, or winless.

    It's not on the coach - the Browns are playing 100% for Kitchens and the rest of the coaches.

    Some of you would have fired Chuck Noll after his first year:

    Chuck Noll Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks | Pro ...

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NollCh0.htm
    •  
    • YEAR

    @calfoxwc said:

    I saw where there were about 6 or 7 first year coaches in the NFL.

    Only the GB coach has a winning season, the others were as bad a record, or winless.

    It's not on the coach - the Browns are playing 100% for Kitchens and the rest of the coaches.

    Some of you would have fired Chuck Noll after his first year:

    Chuck Noll Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks | Pro ...

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NollCh0.htm
    •  
    • YEAR

    Well a glaring difference is Noll, Rooney and everyone in Pittsburgh knew that  the ‘68 team had absolutely no talent. Only 5 players on the ‘68 team were still in Pittsburgh on the 74 championship team. 
     

    In Cleveland, we think we have a damn good roster, certainly talented enough to win the AFC North, and still put on a pathetic display of ineptitude every Sunday. 
     

    Not really apples to apples.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I saw where there were about 6 or 7 first year coaches in the NFL.

    Only the GB coach has a winning season, the others were as bad a record, or winless.

    It's not on the coach - the Browns are playing 100% for Kitchens and the rest of the coaches.

    Some of you would have fired Chuck Noll after his first year:

    Chuck Noll Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks | Pro ...

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NollCh0.htm
    •  
    • YEAR

    Well a glaring difference is Noll, Rooney and everyone in Pittsburgh knew that  the ‘68 team had absolutely no talent. Only 5 players on the ‘68 team were still in Pittsburgh on the 74 championship team. 
     

    In Cleveland, we think we have a damn good roster, certainly talented enough to win the AFC North, and still put on a pathetic display of ineptitude every Sunday. 
     

    Not really apples to apples.

    @columbusking said:

    Well a glaring difference is Noll, Rooney and everyone in Pittsburgh knew that  the ‘68 team had absolutely no talent. Only 5 players on the ‘68 team were still in Pittsburgh on the 74 championship team. 
     

    In Cleveland, we think we have a damn good roster, certainly talented enough to win the AFC North, and still put on a pathetic display of ineptitude every Sunday. 
     

    Not really apples to apples.

    Fair.

  • @coachtoad said:

    I hate the NBA almost as bad as Lebron hates Cleveland. Glad we are getting the NHL. NBA is a joke. That Tristian Thompson is a fine citizen though!

    LeBron still  loves Cleveland/Akron.  Still has his home here. He just went to LA to semi-retire and to try to get into being a Hollywood producer.  Stars in his eyes and all that. 

    In fact, I hear that he may have to come stay back here, because his home in LA is like right in the area where fires  are destroying a lot of houses.

    @the-gipper said:

    LeBron still  loves Cleveland/Akron.  Still has his home here. He just went to LA to semi-retire and to try to get into being a Hollywood producer.  Stars in his eyes and all that. 

    In fact, I hear that he may have to come stay back here, because his home in LA is like right in the area where fires  are destroying a lot of houses.

    That is a compelling argument Gipper. You are saying Lebron is deciding between being burned alive in a massive fire or moving back to Ohio? By the way Einstein, Akron and Cleveland are not the same place.

  • @coachtoad said:

    I have my legal secretary working on that now.

    I don't believe for moment that you have a legal secretary.  Poseur. All you can do is look at my profile...and pretend to be like me.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't believe for moment that you have a legal secretary.  Poseur. All you can do is look at my profile...and pretend to be like me.

    Really, you mean I might have been using sarcasm? Good for you Gipper. You are going to be ok  after all. Hang in there. Therapy can be a long road but we are all pulling for you. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    LeBron still  loves Cleveland/Akron.  Still has his home here. He just went to LA to semi-retire and to try to get into being a Hollywood producer.  Stars in his eyes and all that. 

    In fact, I hear that he may have to come stay back here, because his home in LA is like right in the area where fires  are destroying a lot of houses.

    That is a compelling argument Gipper. You are saying Lebron is deciding between being burned alive in a massive fire or moving back to Ohio? By the way Einstein, Akron and Cleveland are not the same place.

    @coachtoad said:

    That is a compelling argument Gipper. You are saying Lebron is deciding between being burned alive in a massive fire or moving back to Ohio? By the way Einstein, Akron and Cleveland are not the same place.

    They are in the same agglomeration.  You would know that if you were from here.   And it is not a matter of choosing one or the other.....he has a job that pays him millions of dollars, so he has to stay in LA.    But the reports were that he was literally driving around the streets of LA looking for a place to stay and not being able to find one. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't believe for moment that you have a legal secretary.  Poseur. All you can do is look at my profile...and pretend to be like me.

    Really, you mean I might have been using sarcasm? Good for you Gipper. You are going to be ok  after all. Hang in there. Therapy can be a long road but we are all pulling for you. 

    @coachtoad said:

    Really, you mean I might have been using sarcasm? Good for you Gipper. You are going to be ok  after all. Hang in there. Therapy can be a long road but we are all pulling for you. 

    No, I don't think you were using sarcasm.  I just think you are a liar.   I told you in my first reply to you:  my therapy is by pulling the wings off little flies like you and then feeding you to the spiders. (I wouldn't actually do that to a real fly....just to poseurs)

  • Basketball star LeBron James and his family have joined hundreds of thousands of Californians forced to evacuate their homes by raging wildfires.

    The L.A. Lakers player posted to Twitter that his family had to flee their home in Los Angeles because of a nearby brush fire.

    LeBron James@KingJames
    Man these LA 🔥 aren’t no joke. Had to emergency evacuate my house and I’ve been driving around with my family trying to get rooms. No luck so far! 🤦🏾‍♂️

    “Man these LA (fires) aren’t no joke,” James wrote in the 3:53 a.m. post. “Had to emergency evacuate my house and I’ve been driving around with my family trying to get rooms. No luck so far!”

  • @coachtoad said:

    Really, you mean I might have been using sarcasm? Good for you Gipper. You are going to be ok  after all. Hang in there. Therapy can be a long road but we are all pulling for you. 

    No, I don't think you were using sarcasm.  I just think you are a liar.   I told you in my first reply to you:  my therapy is by pulling the wings off little flies like you and then feeding you to the spiders. (I wouldn't actually do that to a real fly....just to poseurs)

    @the-gipper said:

    No, I don't think you were using sarcasm.  I just think you are a liar.   I told you in my first reply to you:  my therapy is by pulling the wings off little flies like you and then feeding you to the spiders. (I wouldn't actually do that to a real fly....just to poseurs)

    It's going to be ok. One day you can afford to leave like Lebron and I did.