Skip to content

The 'Who you watching?' 2020 thread.

The Browns Board
552 41 17.0k
  • Here's some draft talk for you. Take the following 1st round scenario I came across playing with one of the draft sims, First-Pick.

    1. Cinci trades out of the #1 overall with JAX. They figure one of the two top QBs will be there at #8, their next pick. JAX selects Chase Young with the #1 overall.
    2. NYG takes one of the hotter Edge prospects, AJ Epesa, Iowa.
    3. MIA takes a LT... Tristen Wirfs, Iowa... surprising, but they have more 1sts with which to get a QB (they take Hebert later).
    4. NYJ trades up with WSH to take the other hot LT prospect, Andrew Thomas, UGA...
    5. DET takes the hot LB prospect... Clemson's Isaiah Simmons.
    6. AZ is on the clock...
    • You know from pre-draft discussions (or playing the sim earlier) that if you offer AZ your 2020 and 2021 #1's they will likely say yes.
    • The three players you were (or at least I was) targeting (Wirfs, Thomas, Simmons) when you had the early convos with AZ are all gone, but...
    • Joe Burrows is there.

    Do you call AZ and make the offer?

    If not for Joe, is there another prospect you think worth the price, e.g., Delpit, LSU's Safety, or Buckeye CB, Okudah?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @tour2ma said:

    Here's some draft talk for you. Take the following 1st round scenario I came across playing with one of the draft sims, First-Pick.

    1. Cinci trades out of the #1 overall with JAX. They figure one of the two top QBs will be there at #8, their next pick. JAX selects Chase Young with the #1 overall.
    2. NYG takes one of the hotter Edge prospects, AJ Epesa, Iowa.
    3. MIA takes a LT... Tristen Wirfs, Iowa... surprising, but they have more 1sts with which to get a QB (they take Hebert later).
    4. NYJ trades up with WSH to take the other hot LT prospect, Andrew Thomas, UGA...
    5. DET takes the hot LB prospect... LSU's Isaiah Simmons.
    6. AZ is on the clock...
    • You know from pre-draft discussions (or playing the sim earlier) that if you offer AZ your 2020 and 2021 #1's they will likely say yes.
    • The three players you were (or at least I was) targeting (Wirfs, Thomas, Simmons) when you had the early convos with AZ are all gone, but...
    • Joe Burrows is there.

    Do you call AZ and make the offer?

    If not for Joe, is there another prospect you think worth the price, e.g., Delpit, LSU's Safety, or Buckeye CB, Okudah?

    LB I.Simmons plays at The' Clemson UniversityšŸ˜›...My BPA is Auburn DT Derrick Brown...need is S Delpit..we get Bake a Vet not named Stanton..Ā Ā 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Here's some draft talk for you. Take the following 1st round scenario I came across playing with one of the draft sims, First-Pick.

    1. Cinci trades out of the #1 overall with JAX. They figure one of the two top QBs will be there at #8, their next pick. JAX selects Chase Young with the #1 overall.
    2. NYG takes one of the hotter Edge prospects, AJ Epesa, Iowa.
    3. MIA takes a LT... Tristen Wirfs, Iowa... surprising, but they have more 1sts with which to get a QB (they take Hebert later).
    4. NYJ trades up with WSH to take the other hot LT prospect, Andrew Thomas, UGA...
    5. DET takes the hot LB prospect... LSU's Isaiah Simmons.
    6. AZ is on the clock...
    • You know from pre-draft discussions (or playing the sim earlier) that if you offer AZ your 2020 and 2021 #1's they will likely say yes.
    • The three players you were (or at least I was) targeting (Wirfs, Thomas, Simmons) when you had the early convos with AZ are all gone, but...
    • Joe Burrows is there.

    Do you call AZ and make the offer?

    If not for Joe, is there another prospect you think worth the price, e.g., Delpit, LSU's Safety, or Buckeye CB, Okudah?

    LB I.Simmons plays at The' Clemson UniversityšŸ˜›...My BPA is Auburn DT Derrick Brown...need is S Delpit..we get Bake a Vet not named Stanton..Ā Ā 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @gumby73 said:

    LB I.Simmons plays at The' Clemson UniversityšŸ˜›...My BPA is Auburn DT Derrick Brown...need is S Delpit..we get Bake a Vet not named Stanton..Ā Ā 

    Fixed... don't know why, but every year I give LSU an extra prospect or two.

    Brown's a top DL to be sure, but seems rich for two #1s... as does Delpit. Okudah might be that good, but not a trade I'd make for him.

    FWIW... I took Burrows... ?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Burrow isn't making it out of the top 5.

  • @gumby73 said:

    LB I.Simmons plays at The' Clemson UniversityšŸ˜›...My BPA is Auburn DT Derrick Brown...need is S Delpit..we get Bake a Vet not named Stanton..Ā Ā 

    Fixed... don't know why, but every year I give LSU an extra prospect or two.

    Brown's a top DL to be sure, but seems rich for two #1s... as does Delpit. Okudah might be that good, but not a trade I'd make for him.

    FWIW... I took Burrows... ?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tour2ma said:

    FWIW... I took Burrows... ?

    Ā "The Heisman winner and next Tom Brady".Ā  Ā That has to be the double kiss of death.Ā Ā 

  • @gumby73 said:

    LB I.Simmons plays at The' Clemson UniversityšŸ˜›...My BPA is Auburn DT Derrick Brown...need is S Delpit..we get Bake a Vet not named Stanton..Ā Ā 

    Fixed... don't know why, but every year I give LSU an extra prospect or two.

    Brown's a top DL to be sure, but seems rich for two #1s... as does Delpit. Okudah might be that good, but not a trade I'd make for him.

    FWIW... I took Burrows... ?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @tour2ma said:

    FWIW... I took Burrows... ?

    after 15 minutes u would have seenĀ  'took Burrow didn'tĀ ya" lol... 2 1's rich$

  • Burrow isn't making it out of the top 5.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tiamat63 said:

    Burrow isn't making it out of the top 5 2.

    FIFY...

    Yeah... I hear you, but if he did would you go get him?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Burrow isn't making it out of the top 5 2.

    FIFY...

    Yeah... I hear you, but if he did would you go get him?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @tour2ma said:

    FIFY...

    Yeah... I hear you, but if he did would you go get him?

    No. You don't quit on Baker yet. You've seen the potential. You just get a competent staff around himĀ 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #45

    I love mocks that have us taking a safety, or worse, a WR

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Burrow isn't making it out of the top 5 2.

    FIFY...

    Yeah... I hear you, but if he did would you go get him?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #46

    @tour2ma said:

    FIFY...

    Yeah... I hear you, but if he did would you go get him?

    As of typing this, Burrow might be the best 'pro ready' lookingĀ QB I've seen since Luck.Ā  Kid has it all.Ā 

    Would I pull the trigger on that? I don't think I can answer that as of now.Ā  But I'm not jealous of the person who would be in the position to make such a difficult choice.

    Edit: I will say this - lost in all the talk of Freddie and Wilks, I believe this team (really, Baker) misses the knowledge and direction coach Zampese provided.

  • Here's some draft talk for you. Take the following 1st round scenario I came across playing with one of the draft sims, First-Pick.

    1. Cinci trades out of the #1 overall with JAX. They figure one of the two top QBs will be there at #8, their next pick. JAX selects Chase Young with the #1 overall.
    2. NYG takes one of the hotter Edge prospects, AJ Epesa, Iowa.
    3. MIA takes a LT... Tristen Wirfs, Iowa... surprising, but they have more 1sts with which to get a QB (they take Hebert later).
    4. NYJ trades up with WSH to take the other hot LT prospect, Andrew Thomas, UGA...
    5. DET takes the hot LB prospect... Clemson's Isaiah Simmons.
    6. AZ is on the clock...
    • You know from pre-draft discussions (or playing the sim earlier) that if you offer AZ your 2020 and 2021 #1's they will likely say yes.
    • The three players you were (or at least I was) targeting (Wirfs, Thomas, Simmons) when you had the early convos with AZ are all gone, but...
    • Joe Burrows is there.

    Do you call AZ and make the offer?

    If not for Joe, is there another prospect you think worth the price, e.g., Delpit, LSU's Safety, or Buckeye CB, Okudah?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @tour2ma said:

    Here's some draft talk for you. Take the following 1st round scenario I came across playing with one of the draft sims, First-Pick.

    1. Cinci trades out of the #1 overall with JAX. They figure one of the two top QBs will be there at #8, their next pick. JAX selects Chase Young with the #1 overall.
    2. NYG takes one of the hotter Edge prospects, AJ Epesa, Iowa.
    3. MIA takes a LT... Tristen Wirfs, Iowa... surprising, but they have more 1sts with which to get a QB (they take Hebert later).
    4. NYJ trades up with WSH to take the other hot LT prospect, Andrew Thomas, UGA...
    5. DET takes the hot LB prospect... Clemson's Isaiah Simmons.
    6. AZ is on the clock...
    • You know from pre-draft discussions (or playing the sim earlier) that if you offer AZ your 2020 and 2021 #1's they will likely say yes.
    • The three players you were (or at least I was) targeting (Wirfs, Thomas, Simmons) when you had the early convos with AZ are all gone, but...
    • Joe Burrows is there.

    Do you call AZ and make the offer?

    If not for Joe, is there another prospect you think worth the price, e.g., Delpit, LSU's Safety, or Buckeye CB, Okudah?

    If you are who? Ā  The Browns? Ā  No way. Ā I mean, I like Joe Burrow.....but I by no means see him as a sure fire can't miss pro prospect. Ā He reminds me of Jared Goff...who I think of in the same light. Ā  Sure, Goff played well enough to get his team to the SB...in the right system. Ā And the same could be true with Joe. Ā  But, as a Browns fan, Ā I am in no way clamoring for Burrow over Baker.....if that is your implication.Ā 

  • B Buck The Frowns wrote on last edited by Buck The Frowns
    #48

    Pick a playerĀ whose first name begins with De or La, or has unnecessary apostrophes in their name. They seem to work out. Also an Anglo Saxonish last name. The more apostrophes the better. Like DeForest Kelley or something.

  • Pick a playerĀ whose first name begins with De or La, or has unnecessary apostrophes in their name. They seem to work out. Also an Anglo Saxonish last name. The more apostrophes the better. Like DeForest Kelley or something.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #49

    @buck-the-frowns said:

    Pick a playerĀ whose first name begins with De or La, or has unnecessary apostrophes in their name. They seem to work out. Also an Anglo Saxonish last name. The more apostrophes the better. Like DeForest Kelley or something.

    You mean like Dennis or Ā Larry? Ā 

    DeCastro? Ā De with Hispanic last name.

    Or are you looking for like Ā "O'Neil" Ā O'Brian Ā O'Gill

    Then their was Ā By'not'e Ā Butler.

  • Pick a playerĀ whose first name begins with De or La, or has unnecessary apostrophes in their name. They seem to work out. Also an Anglo Saxonish last name. The more apostrophes the better. Like DeForest Kelley or something.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #50

    @buck-the-frowns said:

    Pick a playerĀ whose first name begins with De or La, or has unnecessary apostrophes in their name. They seem to work out. Also an Anglo Saxonish last name. The more apostrophes the better. Like DeForest Kelley or something.

    Like Leroy DeForest Kelly ?

  • B Buck The Frowns wrote on last edited by
    #51

    GipĀ I think his name was Butler By’note’. Unfortunately he was justĀ a journeyman d back, and By’note’ became a mere fo’otnote’. If he had but oneĀ more unnecessary apostrophe he might have become a star.

    Guys with an Islamic sounding first name and the last name from one of the early Presidents are also potentially good draft picks. Mohammed Jackson, Khalid Van Buren, Jamal Jefferson.

  • @tour2ma said:

    FIFY...

    Yeah... I hear you, but if he did would you go get him?

    No. You don't quit on Baker yet. You've seen the potential. You just get a competent staff around himĀ 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #52

    @mld-woody said:

    No. You don't quit on Baker yet. You've seen the potential. You just get a competent staff around himĀ 

    Or you push Baker with some real competition. I think he came into this season a little complacent. It was his first one in years where he did to have to fight for the starting job.

    Plus one of the reasons I'd pull that trigger is that regardless of which QB won the job, I feel that at minimum I'd recover a 2021 1st-round pick when I traded the runner-up.

    @tiamat63 said:

    As of typing this, Burrow might be the best 'pro ready' lookingĀ QB I've seen since Luck.Ā  Kid has it all.

    Agree... he's my new, "Best since Luck" as well. That's why it's easy to pull that trigger.

  • GipĀ I think his name was Butler By’note’. Unfortunately he was justĀ a journeyman d back, and By’note’ became a mere fo’otnote’. If he had but oneĀ more unnecessary apostrophe he might have become a star.

    Guys with an Islamic sounding first name and the last name from one of the early Presidents are also potentially good draft picks. Mohammed Jackson, Khalid Van Buren, Jamal Jefferson.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @buck-the-frowns said:

    GipĀ I think his name was Butler By’note’. Unfortunately he was justĀ a journeyman d back, and By’note’ became a mere fo’otnote’. If he had but oneĀ more unnecessary apostrophe he might have become a star.

    Guys with an Islamic sounding first name and the last name from one of the early Presidents are also potentially good draft picks. Mohammed Jackson, Khalid Van Buren, Jamal Jefferson.

    Malik Monroe? Ā  Jor-el Washington, Ā Kal-el Adams Ā Zor-el Hancock?Ā 

    Err, wait, some of those are Kryptonian names.Ā 

  • Here's some draft talk for you. Take the following 1st round scenario I came across playing with one of the draft sims, First-Pick.

    1. Cinci trades out of the #1 overall with JAX. They figure one of the two top QBs will be there at #8, their next pick. JAX selects Chase Young with the #1 overall.
    2. NYG takes one of the hotter Edge prospects, AJ Epesa, Iowa.
    3. MIA takes a LT... Tristen Wirfs, Iowa... surprising, but they have more 1sts with which to get a QB (they take Hebert later).
    4. NYJ trades up with WSH to take the other hot LT prospect, Andrew Thomas, UGA...
    5. DET takes the hot LB prospect... Clemson's Isaiah Simmons.
    6. AZ is on the clock...
    • You know from pre-draft discussions (or playing the sim earlier) that if you offer AZ your 2020 and 2021 #1's they will likely say yes.
    • The three players you were (or at least I was) targeting (Wirfs, Thomas, Simmons) when you had the early convos with AZ are all gone, but...
    • Joe Burrows is there.

    Do you call AZ and make the offer?

    If not for Joe, is there another prospect you think worth the price, e.g., Delpit, LSU's Safety, or Buckeye CB, Okudah?

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @tour2ma said:

    Do you call AZ and make the offer?

    oh, hell no. IT makes no sense to go after a qb, even that kid from LSU - and still have the problems

    with the offensive line. Now, if I had a chance at Young...then....

  • @tour2ma said:

    Do you call AZ and make the offer?

    oh, hell no. IT makes no sense to go after a qb, even that kid from LSU - and still have the problems

    with the offensive line. Now, if I had a chance at Young...then....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @calfoxwc said:

    oh, hell no. IT makes no sense to go after a qb, even that kid from LSU - and still have the problems

    with the offensive line. Now, if I had a chance at Young...then....

    These are the prospects that are ranked between 10 and 20 by CBS for what that is worth. Ā  Anyone of interest?
    Ā 

    10 Javon Kinlaw South Carolina Sr DL 1 6-6 310 Ā  Ā 
    11 A.J. Epenesa Iowa Jr EDGE 2 6-6 280 Ā  Ā 
    12 Henry Ruggs III Alabama Jr WR 3 6-0 190 Ā  Ā 
    13 Derrick Brown Auburn Sr DL 2 6-5 318 Ā  Ā 
    14 Kristian Fulton LSU Sr CB 2 6-0 200 Ā  Ā 
    15 Tristan Wirfs Iowa Jr OL 2 6-5 322 Ā  Ā 
    16 D'Andre Swift Georgia Jr RB 1 5-9 215 Ā  Ā 
    17 Kenneth Murray Oklahoma Jr LB 1 6-2 234 Ā  Ā 
    18 Tee Higgins Clemson Jr WR 4 6-4 215 Ā  Ā 
    19 Jedrick Wills Jr. Alabama Jr OL 3 6-5 320 Ā  Ā 
    20 Yetur Gross-Matos Penn St. Jr EDGE 3 6-5 264 Ā 
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Wirfs then

  • @calfoxwc said:

    oh, hell no. IT makes no sense to go after a qb, even that kid from LSU - and still have the problems

    with the offensive line. Now, if I had a chance at Young...then....

    These are the prospects that are ranked between 10 and 20 by CBS for what that is worth. Ā  Anyone of interest?
    Ā 

    10 Javon Kinlaw South Carolina Sr DL 1 6-6 310 Ā  Ā 
    11 A.J. Epenesa Iowa Jr EDGE 2 6-6 280 Ā  Ā 
    12 Henry Ruggs III Alabama Jr WR 3 6-0 190 Ā  Ā 
    13 Derrick Brown Auburn Sr DL 2 6-5 318 Ā  Ā 
    14 Kristian Fulton LSU Sr CB 2 6-0 200 Ā  Ā 
    15 Tristan Wirfs Iowa Jr OL 2 6-5 322 Ā  Ā 
    16 D'Andre Swift Georgia Jr RB 1 5-9 215 Ā  Ā 
    17 Kenneth Murray Oklahoma Jr LB 1 6-2 234 Ā  Ā 
    18 Tee Higgins Clemson Jr WR 4 6-4 215 Ā  Ā 
    19 Jedrick Wills Jr. Alabama Jr OL 3 6-5 320 Ā  Ā 
    20 Yetur Gross-Matos Penn St. Jr EDGE 3 6-5 264 Ā 
    B Buck The Frowns wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @the-gipper said:

    These are the prospects that are ranked between 10 and 20 by CBS for what that is worth. Ā  Anyone of interest?
    Ā 

    10 Javon Kinlaw South Carolina Sr DL 1 6-6 310 Ā  Ā 
    11 A.J. Epenesa Iowa Jr EDGE 2 6-6 280 Ā  Ā 
    12 Henry Ruggs III Alabama Jr WR 3 6-0 190 Ā  Ā 
    13 Derrick Brown Auburn Sr DL 2 6-5 318 Ā  Ā 
    14 Kristian Fulton LSU Sr CB 2 6-0 200 Ā  Ā 
    15 Tristan Wirfs Iowa Jr OL 2 6-5 322 Ā  Ā 
    16 D'Andre Swift Georgia Jr RB 1 5-9 215 Ā  Ā 
    17 Kenneth Murray Oklahoma Jr LB 1 6-2 234 Ā  Ā 
    18 Tee Higgins Clemson Jr WR 4 6-4 215 Ā  Ā 
    19 Jedrick Wills Jr. Alabama Jr OL 3 6-5 320 Ā  Ā 
    20 Yetur Gross-Matos Penn St. Jr EDGE 3 6-5 264 Ā 

    D’Andre Swift has a name that begins with ā€œDeā€ (phonetically anyway) and has an unnecessary apostrophe. I say take him if you can. He is going to be good.