HC/GM/Position Coach tracker
-
Jimmy and Dee read my post ....they are interviewing Jim Schwartz
-
I think all the teams except us have a HC now. Panthers went with Ruhle and the Giants just hired some Pats assistant coach. So lets get this buttoned up, I think my preference is for Roman if I had to pick, I am concerned it might be McDaniels.
-
And now the Giants have Judge.
McDaniel to Cleveland here we go
-
Joe Judge hired by Giants Never even heard that name
-
Giants probably figured McDaniels to the Browns is certain.
-
And now the Giants have Judge.
McDaniel to Cleveland here we go
And now the Giants have Judge.
Talk about an outside-the-box darkhorse... first I heard his name was the announcement that he'd been hired.
-
I think all the teams except us have a HC now. Panthers went with Ruhle and the Giants just hired some Pats assistant coach. So lets get this buttoned up, I think my preference is for Roman if I had to pick, I am concerned it might be McDaniels.
I think all the teams except us have a HC now. Panthers went with Ruhle and the Giants just hired some Pats assistant coach. So lets get this buttoned up...
Why hurry now?
I don't think we lost "our guy" to anybody else and we are the last job out there. Seems like taking our time would be prudent.
Finish the opening round... hold a couple callback interviews... deliberate... hire... move on to the GM role.
-
And now the Giants have Judge.
Talk about an outside-the-box darkhorse... first I heard his name was the announcement that he'd been hired.
Talk about an outside-the-box darkhorse... first I heard his name was the announcement that he'd been hired.
Special teams coach helped the Pats WR this year. Potential Miss State HC candidate.
yeah it was left field.
Another rumor is Garrett as the OC
Wow Giants fan base has to be slightly upset
-
I think all the teams except us have a HC now. Panthers went with Ruhle and the Giants just hired some Pats assistant coach. So lets get this buttoned up...
Why hurry now?
I don't think we lost "our guy" to anybody else and we are the last job out there. Seems like taking our time would be prudent.
Finish the opening round... hold a couple callback interviews... deliberate... hire... move on to the GM role.
Why hurry now?
I don't think we lost "our guy" to anybody else and we are the last job out there. Seems like taking our time would be prudent.
Finish the opening round... hold a couple callback interviews... deliberate... hire... move on to the GM role.
Yep. The more jobs That fly off the shelf the more leverage we hold.
-
Why hurry now?
I don't think we lost "our guy" to anybody else and we are the last job out there. Seems like taking our time would be prudent.
Finish the opening round... hold a couple callback interviews... deliberate... hire... move on to the GM role.
Yep. The more jobs That fly off the shelf the more leverage we hold.
Yep. The more jobs That fly off the shelf the more leverage we hold.
Except getting quality coordinators and assistants. The other guys will waste no time rounding out their staffs. We still have Wilks and Monken in the building, but will the new HC want to keep them?
-
McDaniels is what Haslam has wanted for a long time. The dismissal of Dorsey was a large red flag for us and a roadblock for him.
McD is a control freak. So this won't end well...
-
Yep. The more jobs That fly off the shelf the more leverage we hold.
Except getting quality coordinators and assistants. The other guys will waste no time rounding out their staffs. We still have Wilks and Monken in the building, but will the new HC want to keep them?
-
McDaniels is what Haslam has wanted for a long time. The dismissal of Dorsey was a large red flag for us and a roadblock for him.
McD is a control freak. So this won't end well...
-
McDaniels, Meyer, or Garrett. All extremely experienced in their own unique ways.
This is quite the year to find a HC.I’ll pass on Stefanski after that Todd Haley style reverse pass to halt the momentum on a playoff drive yesterday against the Saints. Vikings were driving. 1st and 10=loss of 5 yards. Drive killer.
Was that a Todd Haley style play.....or a Freddie Kitchens style of play.
Was that a Todd Haley style play.....or a Freddie Kitchens style of play.
Both. They both called those types of plays. Trying to impose their will as a trickster play-caller, instead of letting players like Baker, Chubb and Landry do their thing.
-
Yep. The more jobs That fly off the shelf the more leverage we hold.
Except getting quality coordinators and assistants. The other guys will waste no time rounding out their staffs. We still have Wilks and Monken in the building, but will the new HC want to keep them?
Except getting quality coordinators and assistants. The other guys will waste no time rounding out their staffs. We still have Wilks and Monken in the building, but will the new HC want to keep them?
You don’t think Josh is already talking to people?
part of his HC pitch will likely include some of his key hires he plans on making.
-
Was that a Todd Haley style play.....or a Freddie Kitchens style of play.
Both. They both called those types of plays. Trying to impose their will as a trickster play-caller, instead of letting players like Baker, Chubb and Landry do their thing.
Both. They both called those types of plays. Trying to impose their will as a trickster play-caller, instead of letting players like Baker, Chubb and Landry do their thing.
Which would still be an improvement. We had way too many key plays where we have all these horses and we are targeting Harris or Hilliard.
-
Once again, not saying I'm on the McDaniels train, but why does everyone just assume he wants to be the GM as well? He tried that in Denver and it ended horribly but he was also, I believe, the youngest head coach in the league by many years. It's been over 10 years since he was the head coach of Denver. He's only 43 years old. I think and would certainly hope that he has learned from his mistakes in Denver and now knows how to fix them. I think this is why it is so important to get a GM that aligns with his values on players are and why the Browns are hiring this person second. McDaniels can't shoulder all the responsibility. Plus, he's been through a few other organizations at this point and has a better understanding of the league. I would rather hire McDaniels of now then the McDaniels of 10 years ago.
The Browns now have their pick between Stefanski and McDaniels. It will be fascinating to see what happens. I don't have much of an opinion because who the hell knows now a days. Also, for what it is worth, DePodesta's contract runs out at the end of the week.
-
McDaniels is what Haslam has wanted for a long time. The dismissal of Dorsey was a large red flag for us and a roadblock for him.
McD is a control freak. So this won't end well...
McDaniels is what Haslam has wanted for a long time. The dismissal of Dorsey was a large red flag for us and a roadblock for him.
McD is a control freak. So this won't end well...
LOL, and Belichick isn't? Josh has had 10 years to learn from the master. That said, I'm well aware that in general the Bill coaching tree has produced rotten fruit.
-
McDaniels is what Haslam has wanted for a long time. The dismissal of Dorsey was a large red flag for us and a roadblock for him.
McD is a control freak. So this won't end well...
LOL, and Belichick isn't? Josh has had 10 years to learn from the master. That said, I'm well aware that in general the Bill coaching tree has produced rotten fruit.
LOL, and Belichick isn't? Josh has had 10 years to learn from the master. That said, I'm well aware that in general the Bill coaching tree has produced rotten fruit.
BB is as detail oriented as you'll ever find. But there is a difference with how he has a vision for his team vs being an ego-centric, micromanaging, overbearing douche bag.
-
I think all the teams except us have a HC now. Panthers went with Ruhle and the Giants just hired some Pats assistant coach. So lets get this buttoned up...
Why hurry now?
I don't think we lost "our guy" to anybody else and we are the last job out there. Seems like taking our time would be prudent.
Finish the opening round... hold a couple callback interviews... deliberate... hire... move on to the GM role.
Why hurry now?
I don't think we lost "our guy" to anybody else and we are the last job out there. Seems like taking our time would be prudent.
Finish the opening round... hold a couple callback interviews... deliberate... hire... move on to the GM role.
Agree....in fact, I don't think we lost any of several people who could be "our guy": Not McD, Stefanski, Bienemy, Saleh. Rhule nor the Judge were even on the Browns radar, I do not believe.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login