Skip to content

McDaniels next coach possibly...

The Browns Board
144 36 5.2k 1
  • If McDaniels does get the job the first thing he needs to do is hire Tim Tebow to coach Baker on how not to be an NFL QB ....

  • If McDaniels does get the job the first thing he needs to do is hire Tim Tebow to coach Baker on how not to be an NFL QB ....

    @darren15 said:

    If McDaniels does get the job the first thing he needs to do is hire Tim Tebow to coach Baker on how not to be an NFL QB ....

    I'd have to think that most quarterbacks drafted in the first round failed to live up to expectations.

    But that aside one concern I have about McDaniels is that I heard Terry Pluto on the radio this morning he doesn't seem very enthusiastic at all. And I usually respect his opinions.

    WSS

  • @darren15 said:

    If McDaniels does get the job the first thing he needs to do is hire Tim Tebow to coach Baker on how not to be an NFL QB ....

    I'd have to think that most quarterbacks drafted in the first round failed to live up to expectations.

    But that aside one concern I have about McDaniels is that I heard Terry Pluto on the radio this morning he doesn't seem very enthusiastic at all. And I usually respect his opinions.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I'd have to think that most quarterbacks drafted in the first round failed to live up to expectations.

    But that aside one concern I have about McDaniels is that I heard Terry Pluto on the radio this morning he doesn't seem very enthusiastic at all. And I usually respect his opinions.

    WSS

    I didn't get to hear that, could you elaborate more please?

  • @westside-steve said:

    I'd have to think that most quarterbacks drafted in the first round failed to live up to expectations.

    But that aside one concern I have about McDaniels is that I heard Terry Pluto on the radio this morning he doesn't seem very enthusiastic at all. And I usually respect his opinions.

    WSS

    I didn't get to hear that, could you elaborate more please?

    @brownskidd said:

    I didn't get to hear that, could you elaborate more please?

    Actually he was on the radio has eyes driving over to get blood drawn I didn't hear or record the whole thing he just sounded very lukewarm about Josh. Seems like he preferred Eric bieniemy. 

    WSS

  • @brownskidd said:

    I didn't get to hear that, could you elaborate more please?

    Actually he was on the radio has eyes driving over to get blood drawn I didn't hear or record the whole thing he just sounded very lukewarm about Josh. Seems like he preferred Eric bieniemy. 

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Actually he was on the radio has eyes driving over to get blood drawn I didn't hear or record the whole thing he just sounded very lukewarm about Josh. Seems like he preferred Eric bieniemy. 

    WSS

    I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Actually he was on the radio has eyes driving over to get blood drawn I didn't hear or record the whole thing he just sounded very lukewarm about Josh. Seems like he preferred Eric bieniemy. 

    WSS

    I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.

    @mddawg said:

    I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.

    I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives

    WSS

  • I’ve said all along we need a LEADER not a position genius, or a great play caller or even a coordinator that has produced results.  

    Hopefully this leader surrounds himself with the great play caller, good QB coach and a Def. coordinator with a decent scheme. 

  • @mddawg said:

    I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.

    I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives

    WSS

    You can get that way on leftovers.  What did or didn't everyone else see about this candidate that you all of a sudden see?  

    I also think that can come on more after YEARS of searching for a new HC.

  • @mddawg said:

    I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.

    I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives

    WSS

    Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.

    you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives

    WSS

    Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.

    you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.

    you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here. 

    Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview. 

    Rhule  supposedly told the Browns don't bother.... 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.

    you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here. 

    Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview. 

    Rhule  supposedly told the Browns don't bother.... 

    @hoorta said:

    Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview. 

    Rhule  supposedly told the Browns don't bother.... 

    Exactly.  

  • well stick a fork in this thread

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.

    you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here. 

    Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview. 

    Rhule  supposedly told the Browns don't bother.... 

    @hoorta said:

    Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview. 

    Rhule  supposedly told the Browns don't bother.... 

    Does Rhule even have a winning record? 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.

    you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here. 

    Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview. 

    Rhule  supposedly told the Browns don't bother.... 

    @hoorta said:

    Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview. 

    Rhule  supposedly told the Browns don't bother.... 

    Does Rhule even have a winning record? 

  • well stick a fork in this thread

    @footbalfan1962 said:

    well stick a fork in this thread

    Uh why? 

    WSS

  • @hoorta said:

    Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview. 

    Rhule  supposedly told the Browns don't bother.... 

    Does Rhule even have a winning record? 

    @icecube said:

    Does Rhule even have a winning record? 

    LOL. at Baylor. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview. 

    Rhule  supposedly told the Browns don't bother.... 

    Does Rhule even have a winning record? 

    @icecube said:

    Does Rhule even have a winning record? 

    Never been HC in NFL before.....Good college record.

  • @icecube said:

    Does Rhule even have a winning record? 

    Never been HC in NFL before.....Good college record.

    @the-gipper said:

    Never been HC in NFL before.....Good college record.

    47-43 in college. At Temple, 28-23. At Baylor 19-20.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Never been HC in NFL before.....Good college record.

    47-43 in college. At Temple, 28-23. At Baylor 19-20.

    @gunz41 said:

    47-43 in college. At Temple, 28-23. At Baylor 19-20.

    Yea, but he was given credit for turning  those programs around from like 1 win teams to league championship contenders in a year or two. 

  • Baylor Bears head coach Matt Rhule watches his team during warm up before facing the Oklahoma Sooners in the Big 12 Championship at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Saturday, December 7, 2019. (Tom Fox/The Dallas Morning News)

    I like him, he's all in.