Skip to content

Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

The Browns Board
268 51 7.8k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    One of two things I see this as.  Either ownership and management want to eliminate and future communication issues and instability among the coaching staff by verifying that these gameplans are developed, set and agreed upon by the coaching staff...     - OR-    Tennessee Jerry Jones just kicked into overdrive.  

    Either great or a disaster.  

    I was assuming that that statement was a joke of some sort?   No

    @the-gipper said:

    I was assuming that that statement was a joke of some sort?   No

    Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult.   I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.

  • Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta. 

    borat.jpg

    @dutch-oven said:

    Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta. 

    borat.jpg

    Again, this has to be a joke, right?   The owner and the "Strategic Planning Director"  (which I believe is his title).....plan to micromanage things to that extent? 

    We are truly fucked then. 

    You would think that just hiring a new HC would be a moment of hope for this team for the future.   That hope seems to have just been dashed on the Lake Erie Pier.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I was assuming that that statement was a joke of some sort?   No

    Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult.   I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult.   I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.

    The part where the game plan must be submitted to the owner/Depo.

    WTF do those guy know about putting together a game plan? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    Between Freddie’s “coaching” and the defensive scheme.  I’d hope we can be at least a .500 team taking out the two factors above 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Between Freddie’s “coaching” and the defensive scheme.  I’d hope we can be at least a .500 team taking out the two factors above 

    I'll make no predictions until I see FAs signed and the draft completed.

  • From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered. 

    Typical Browns. 

  • From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered. 

    Typical Browns. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered. 

    Typical Browns. 

    So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?  

  • Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta. 

    borat.jpg

    @dutch-oven said:

    Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta.

    Never a M*A*S*H clip available when you need one...

    Colonel Blake : [to Spearchucker Jones at the football practice]  I had another idea. I think we should have some plays. You know, usually in football you have some organized plays...

    Spearchucker : If you don't mind, I took the liberty.

    Colonel Blake : Oh, you have...

    Spearchucker : I drew up about seven or eight plays. I figure that's about all this bunch can handle.

    Colonel Blake : Oh, these are good. These are very good. Uh, what are these little arrows?

  • From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered. 

    Typical Browns. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered. 

    Typical Browns. 

    They must have gotten that directly from Depo... 🙄

  • @dutch-oven said:

    From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered. 

    Typical Browns. 

    So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?  

    I think so. 

    Why else would Haslam give the power of running the head coaching search to someone whose contract runs out any day now? This was all a sham, it was Stefanski the minute Haslam handed the keys over to DePodesta. 

  • Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.

    For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta.

    Never a M*A*S*H clip available when you need one...

    Colonel Blake : [to Spearchucker Jones at the football practice]  I had another idea. I think we should have some plays. You know, usually in football you have some organized plays...

    Spearchucker : If you don't mind, I took the liberty.

    Colonel Blake : Oh, you have...

    Spearchucker : I drew up about seven or eight plays. I figure that's about all this bunch can handle.

    Colonel Blake : Oh, these are good. These are very good. Uh, what are these little arrows?

    @tour2ma said:

    Never a M*A*S*H clip available when you need one...

    thats gold jerry.png

  • Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.

    For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?

    @tour2ma said:

    Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.

    For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?

    Who is speculating now?

    Did the five making the selection all write the name of the guy they wanted to be hired on a piece of paper, then tally them up and whoever had the majority won?

    If Dorsey hired Kitchens to avoid having a strong personality to contend with, why is it hard to believe that anyone who would want DePodesta gone would have zero shot at the head coaching job? Especially is DePodesta WAS RUNNING THE HIRING PROCESS? This isn't hard to connect the dots. 

    This would just be as typical a Browns move as any under the Haslams.

  • We got my guy!

    Kevin Stefanski, it's about to be on! 

    @poeticg said:

    We got my guy!

    Kevin Stefanski, it's about to be on! 

    Oh shit you and cal too?   We're fucked.?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered. 

    Typical Browns. 

    So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?  

    Sounds like it. Haslam caved 

  • Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.

    For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?

    @tour2ma said:

    Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.

    For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?

    Yes 

  • @poeticg said:

    We got my guy!

    Kevin Stefanski, it's about to be on! 

    Oh shit you and cal too?   We're fucked.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Oh shit you and cal too?   We're fucked.?

    I'm out of upvote thingies, but I'll be back. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Oh shit you and cal too?   We're fucked.?

    I'm out of upvote thingies, but I'll be back. 

    @d-bone said:

    I'm out of upvote thingies, but I'll be back. 

    And I was gonna laugh at this, but I'm out too.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I was assuming that that statement was a joke of some sort?   No

    Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult.   I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult.   I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.

    Yup- why is he doing his failed model of having coach and GM report to him if he doesn't want to meddle?   

    @tour2ma said:

    Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.

    For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?

    Re-Po told Haslam, it's my way or I take the highway. RePo isn't that valuable a cog in the organization- MHO. He's got Has-been hypnotized. Unless behind the scenes- he's got documentation his analytics are better than anything we've done since he got here..... 

  • I think that we ALL knew that Stefanski was DePo's guy and that McDaniels was Haslam's guy.

    DePodesta probably told Jimmuh, "Hey, if you're just plain never gonna listen to me then I'm out-a-here....and good luck hiring another new coach every year by doing things your way!"  

    Now, if it fails, Jimmuh can say that it wasn't HIS idea.  And that He and the janitor had no idea that HIS company was screwing customers.

  • I think that we ALL knew that Stefanski was DePo's guy and that McDaniels was Haslam's guy.

    DePodesta probably told Jimmuh, "Hey, if you're just plain never gonna listen to me then I'm out-a-here....and good luck hiring another new coach every year by doing things your way!"  

    Now, if it fails, Jimmuh can say that it wasn't HIS idea.  And that He and the janitor had no idea that HIS company was screwing customers.

    @orion said:

    I think that we ALL knew that Stefanski was DePo's guy and that McDaniels was Haslam's guy.

    DePodesta probably told Jimmuh, "Hey, if you're just plain never gonna listen to me then I'm out-a-here....and good luck hiring another new coach every year by doing things your way!"  

    Now, if it fails, Jimmuh can say that it wasn't HIS idea.  And that He and the janitor had no idea that HIS company was screwing customers.

    I thought this too but word is that Haslam was not open to the changes McDaniels wanted to make. The biggest of those being him not meddling and also diminishing the role of Depo. McDaniels wasn’t hired because Jimmy wouldn’t get his fingers out of the pie. GET THIS - Dustin Fox is reporting that Stefanski has to sit down on Monday’s and review the gameplay with Haslam and Depo. If this is true we are doomed until that asshat is gone.