Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC
-
I was assuming that that statement was a joke of some sort? No
Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult. I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.
Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult. I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.
The part where the game plan must be submitted to the owner/Depo.
WTF do those guy know about putting together a game plan?
-
At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire: Very low expectations. Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead. Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.
Fair to say?
Between Freddie’s “coaching” and the defensive scheme. I’d hope we can be at least a .500 team taking out the two factors above
Between Freddie’s “coaching” and the defensive scheme. I’d hope we can be at least a .500 team taking out the two factors above
I'll make no predictions until I see FAs signed and the draft completed.
-
From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered.
Typical Browns.
-
From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered.
Typical Browns.
From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered.
Typical Browns.
So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?
-
Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta.
Never a M*A*S*H clip available when you need one...
Colonel Blake : [to Spearchucker Jones at the football practice] I had another idea. I think we should have some plays. You know, usually in football you have some organized plays...
Spearchucker : If you don't mind, I took the liberty.
Colonel Blake : Oh, you have...
Spearchucker : I drew up about seven or eight plays. I figure that's about all this bunch can handle.
Colonel Blake : Oh, these are good. These are very good. Uh, what are these little arrows?
-
From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered.
Typical Browns.
From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered.
Typical Browns.
They must have gotten that directly from Depo...
-
From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered.
Typical Browns.
So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?
So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?
I think so.
Why else would Haslam give the power of running the head coaching search to someone whose contract runs out any day now? This was all a sham, it was Stefanski the minute Haslam handed the keys over to DePodesta.
-
Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.
For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?
-
Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta.
Never a M*A*S*H clip available when you need one...
Colonel Blake : [to Spearchucker Jones at the football practice] I had another idea. I think we should have some plays. You know, usually in football you have some organized plays...
Spearchucker : If you don't mind, I took the liberty.
Colonel Blake : Oh, you have...
Spearchucker : I drew up about seven or eight plays. I figure that's about all this bunch can handle.
Colonel Blake : Oh, these are good. These are very good. Uh, what are these little arrows?
-
Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.
For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?
Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.
For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?
Who is speculating now?
Did the five making the selection all write the name of the guy they wanted to be hired on a piece of paper, then tally them up and whoever had the majority won?
If Dorsey hired Kitchens to avoid having a strong personality to contend with, why is it hard to believe that anyone who would want DePodesta gone would have zero shot at the head coaching job? Especially is DePodesta WAS RUNNING THE HIRING PROCESS? This isn't hard to connect the dots.
This would just be as typical a Browns move as any under the Haslams.
-
-
From what I've read from Dustin Fox and Daryl Ruiter, Stefanski is the head coach today because DePodesta knew that if McDaniels was hired, his days would be numbered.
Typical Browns.
So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?
So Stefanski was hired because the Browns wanted to keep DePodesta?
Sounds like it. Haslam caved
-
Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.
For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?
Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.
For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?
Yes
-
Oh shit you and cal too? We're fucked.?
I'm out of upvote thingies, but I'll be back.
-
Oh shit you and cal too? We're fucked.?
I'm out of upvote thingies, but I'll be back.
-
I was assuming that that statement was a joke of some sort? No
Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult. I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.
Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult. I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.
Yup- why is he doing his failed model of having coach and GM report to him if he doesn't want to meddle?
Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.
For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?
Re-Po told Haslam, it's my way or I take the highway. RePo isn't that valuable a cog in the organization- MHO. He's got Has-been hypnotized. Unless behind the scenes- he's got documentation his analytics are better than anything we've done since he got here.....
-
I think that we ALL knew that Stefanski was DePo's guy and that McDaniels was Haslam's guy.
DePodesta probably told Jimmuh, "Hey, if you're just plain never gonna listen to me then I'm out-a-here....and good luck hiring another new coach every year by doing things your way!"
Now, if it fails, Jimmuh can say that it wasn't HIS idea. And that He and the janitor had no idea that HIS company was screwing customers.
-
I think that we ALL knew that Stefanski was DePo's guy and that McDaniels was Haslam's guy.
DePodesta probably told Jimmuh, "Hey, if you're just plain never gonna listen to me then I'm out-a-here....and good luck hiring another new coach every year by doing things your way!"
Now, if it fails, Jimmuh can say that it wasn't HIS idea. And that He and the janitor had no idea that HIS company was screwing customers.
I think that we ALL knew that Stefanski was DePo's guy and that McDaniels was Haslam's guy.
DePodesta probably told Jimmuh, "Hey, if you're just plain never gonna listen to me then I'm out-a-here....and good luck hiring another new coach every year by doing things your way!"
Now, if it fails, Jimmuh can say that it wasn't HIS idea. And that He and the janitor had no idea that HIS company was screwing customers.
I thought this too but word is that Haslam was not open to the changes McDaniels wanted to make. The biggest of those being him not meddling and also diminishing the role of Depo. McDaniels wasn’t hired because Jimmy wouldn’t get his fingers out of the pie. GET THIS - Dustin Fox is reporting that Stefanski has to sit down on Monday’s and review the gameplay with Haslam and Depo. If this is true we are doomed until that asshat is gone.
-
Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.
For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?
Who is speculating now?
Did the five making the selection all write the name of the guy they wanted to be hired on a piece of paper, then tally them up and whoever had the majority won?
If Dorsey hired Kitchens to avoid having a strong personality to contend with, why is it hard to believe that anyone who would want DePodesta gone would have zero shot at the head coaching job? Especially is DePodesta WAS RUNNING THE HIRING PROCESS? This isn't hard to connect the dots.
This would just be as typical a Browns move as any under the Haslams.
- Who is speculating now?
- Did the five making the selection all write the name of the guy they wanted to be hired on a piece of paper, then tally them up and whoever had the majority won?
- If Dorsey hired Kitchens to avoid having a strong personality to contend with, why is it hard to believe that anyone who would want DePodesta gone would have zero shot at the head coaching job?
- Especially is DePodesta WAS RUNNING THE HIRING PROCESS? This isn't hard to connect the dots.
- This would just be as typical a Browns move as any under the Haslams.
- Not me. Calling out absurd speculation does not constitute speculation...
- I take it you've never been part of an Executive search committee.
- Because Depo unlike Dorsey isn't a self-preserving shit?
- See #2... plus "running the process" is not the same as "making the decision".
- Fits your paradigm, so it must be true?
If you are running an interview process that involves other interviewers, including your boss and folks he trusts at least as much as he does you, then your only potential control is of who interviews. Did you see any sign of this occurring during this process? Hell, even the Haslam's fair-haired boy was brought in... and last at that... last in front of the supposed last-guy-he-talks-to Jimmah. Pause for a second and think about that...
The only other leverage Depo would have is threatening to not sign a new contract should Stef not get the nod. Is it possible he did this? Sure... Do you think he had this kind of juice? I don't... but regardless he'd have no need to do so if the Selection Committee picked Stef to begin with... and that is a distinct possibility.
Also there's no basis for you to assume that Stef was destined to be Depo's first choice this time around just because he reportedly was a year ago. There were a good deal of new faces in this time around.
And FYI... the Executive searches in which I participated included:
- group openings including all interviewers of each candidate to get all the cordial and background BS out of the way,
- followed by paired interviews with each pair having both common and predetermined different areas to probe,
- followed by a group closing.
We then immediately reviewed candidates en masse and came to individual hiring consensus, i.e., yea or nay, thru discussion. .. no ballots... no bullshit. Wash...Rinse... repeat... until you have finalist(s). Usually the hardest thing at this stage was actually getting folks to voice negative reactions... kinda surprising actually.
Then you meet until you reach consensus on ordering your finalists for issuing offers... you never assume your top choice is going to accept your offer.
Not a process that lends itself to manipulation.
-
Which part? The Jerry Jones quip? It's sarcasm coupled with insult. I've been calling Haslam the Tennessee version of Jerry since he went over everyone's head and hand picked Manziel. An owner who is so convinced of his football prowess that his meddling has held back his own team.
Yup- why is he doing his failed model of having coach and GM report to him if he doesn't want to meddle?
Jeezus, Dutch... that's obviously pure speculation and as such a fucking stupid thing to hang your hat upon.
For starters Depo was one of five making the selection with the Haslam's starting off in love with McD. Do you really think he could persuade all the others simply because it was in his interest?
Re-Po told Haslam, it's my way or I take the highway. RePo isn't that valuable a cog in the organization- MHO. He's got Has-been hypnotized. Unless behind the scenes- he's got documentation his analytics are better than anything we've done since he got here.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

