Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC
-
I'm ambivalent about stefanski. I did not want McDaniels and so I'm happy with that. Something about McDaniels didnt feel like the right move to me. You can learn from a mastand never be that master. Tom Brady, over McDaniels' run, was and is an all time great. And there's also more going on in new England. A rolling Stone gathers no moss. The players feel like they're playing for a champion in new England. Whether they're right or wrong they perceive Cleveland as a doormat and that, to me, is the biggest obstacle that must be overcome. Image matters. A lot. In this generation, in America, image is more important than it's ever been. The browns must change their image from that of a doormat and loser.
-
All the football talking heads on television I saw yesterday seemed to think Stefanski was a good hire so we'll see. I'm hopeful.
-
A lot of people poo poohed the thought of urban meyer as a NFL head coach but I thought this is a guy who knows the right calls to make and when to make them and knows how to hire subordinates to run different aspects of the team and knows how to identify talent. I mean what more are we looking for?
But. We've got stefanski. And it sounds like Paul depodesta is going to be the puppet master. So...no comment. I hope it works out. At least he's not a fat disgusting hillbilly moron slob so that's one image problem fixed.
-
Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta.
One of two things I see this as. Either ownership and management want to eliminate any future communication issues and instability among the coaching staff by verifying that these gameplans are developed, set and agreed upon by the coaching staff... - OR- Tennessee Jerry Jones just kicked into overdrive.
Either great or a disaster.
One of two things I see this as. Either ownership and management want to eliminate any future communication issues and instability among the coaching staff by verifying that these gameplans are developed, set and agreed upon by the coaching staff... - OR- Tennessee Jerry Jones just kicked into overdrive.
Either great or a disaster.
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
-
One of two things I see this as. Either ownership and management want to eliminate any future communication issues and instability among the coaching staff by verifying that these gameplans are developed, set and agreed upon by the coaching staff... - OR- Tennessee Jerry Jones just kicked into overdrive.
Either great or a disaster.
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst".
-
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst".
-
One of two things I see this as. Either ownership and management want to eliminate any future communication issues and instability among the coaching staff by verifying that these gameplans are developed, set and agreed upon by the coaching staff... - OR- Tennessee Jerry Jones just kicked into overdrive.
Either great or a disaster.
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
We have a song sorta like that.
-
One of two things I see this as. Either ownership and management want to eliminate any future communication issues and instability among the coaching staff by verifying that these gameplans are developed, set and agreed upon by the coaching staff... - OR- Tennessee Jerry Jones just kicked into overdrive.
Either great or a disaster.
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
Here it's called the Costanza Opposite Strategy - or COS for short.
-
Before the wild card games, people were talking about how the Vikings might release Zimmer and promote stefanski if they got blown out because they love stefanski and didn't wanna see him go.
Now people hate the hire and Vikings fans couldn't care less to see him go.
Interesting how the rumors and perception changed.
Before the wild card games, people were talking about how the Vikings might release Zimmer and promote stefanski if they got blown out because they love stefanski and didn't wanna see him go.
Now people hate the hire and Vikings fans couldn't care less to see him go.
Interesting how the rumors and perception changed.
I never heard those rumors.
-
Well, at least we didn't hire a fat ass.?
-
One of two things I see this as. Either ownership and management want to eliminate any future communication issues and instability among the coaching staff by verifying that these gameplans are developed, set and agreed upon by the coaching staff... - OR- Tennessee Jerry Jones just kicked into overdrive.
Either great or a disaster.
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
Always set your expectations low, that way you will never be disappointed.
That is not exactly translate right either, but it does apply here.
-
"Piensa mal y acertarás"
=
at least we didn't hire a fat ass.?
-
Help me out with this one. In Spanish we have a saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which literally is 'Think wrong and be right', meaning you should expect the worst from a multiple choice scenario.
I need help finding an English equivalent... Because it applies here.
"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst".
-
All the football talking heads on television I saw yesterday seemed to think Stefanski was a good hire so we'll see. I'm hopeful.
All the football talking heads on television I saw yesterday seemed to think Stefanski was a good hire so we'll see. I'm hopeful.
It was interesting. It seemed many were positive some were “well he just got rolled by the Niners”
Sean Payton’s reaction was most interesting he kind of rolled his eyes at our organization - here we go again. He didn’t really come down on the hire though
-
A lot of people poo poohed the thought of urban meyer as a NFL head coach but I thought this is a guy who knows the right calls to make and when to make them and knows how to hire subordinates to run different aspects of the team and knows how to identify talent. I mean what more are we looking for?
But. We've got stefanski. And it sounds like Paul depodesta is going to be the puppet master. So...no comment. I hope it works out. At least he's not a fat disgusting hillbilly moron slob so that's one image problem fixed.
A lot of people poo poohed the thought of urban meyer as a NFL head coach but I thought this is a guy who knows the right calls to make and when to make them and knows how to hire subordinates to run different aspects of the team and knows how to identify talent. I mean what more are we looking for?
But. We've got stefanski. And it sounds like Paul depodesta is going to be the puppet master. So...no comment. I hope it works out. At least he's not a fat disgusting hillbilly moron slob so that's one image problem fixed.
He’s not “yes man” though. And truthfully he had a Freddie like team his last two/three years Uber talented by highly disorganized.
Then you have to question his offense. Is he willing to change? And then his control freak nature couple with his health
-
Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta.

-
Oh shit you and cal too? We're fucked.?
Stephanski wasn't "my guy". Try to get at least ONE fact straight this month, okay?
I wanted Kris Richard, who wasn't interviewed. "Reading comprehension" IS a thing, you know.
-
well, I saw an interview with the Viking's center, and he said it's tough to see him go, but the Browns were getting
an outstanding teacher and coach, etc. So there's that.
Ryan: Stefanski is a fantastic hire for the Browns
Matt Hasselbeck, Rex Ryan, Tedy Bruschi and Sean Payton react to the news that the Browns are planning to hire Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski as their new head coach.
-
Link??? or are you talking out of your ass, too?
Face it amigo. Every single solitary bit of news evidence conjecture speculation whatever you decide to call it is pulled out of somebody's ass.
That goes from the lowliest Newbie on a local football bulletin board to the highest-rated Sports Talk and information professional.
WSS
Face it amigo. Every single solitary bit of news evidence conjecture speculation whatever you decide to call it is pulled out of somebody's ass.
And I understand that... it's just that when speculation is presented as fact that I get a little testy.
-
Face it amigo. Every single solitary bit of news evidence conjecture speculation whatever you decide to call it is pulled out of somebody's ass.
And I understand that... it's just that when speculation is presented as fact that I get a little testy.
And I understand that... it's just that when speculation is presented as fact that I get a little testy.
And every single meaningless thing he did/does whatever will be dissected like a frog in biology class.
It's going to be a long Winter and Spring coming up. I choose to just chill out.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

