Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC
-
Dustin Fox tweeted that all potential HC hires had to agree to present game plans weekly to Haslam and DePodesta.

-
Oh shit you and cal too? We're fucked.?
Stephanski wasn't "my guy". Try to get at least ONE fact straight this month, okay?
I wanted Kris Richard, who wasn't interviewed. "Reading comprehension" IS a thing, you know.
-
well, I saw an interview with the Viking's center, and he said it's tough to see him go, but the Browns were getting
an outstanding teacher and coach, etc. So there's that.
Ryan: Stefanski is a fantastic hire for the Browns
Matt Hasselbeck, Rex Ryan, Tedy Bruschi and Sean Payton react to the news that the Browns are planning to hire Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski as their new head coach.
-
Link??? or are you talking out of your ass, too?
Face it amigo. Every single solitary bit of news evidence conjecture speculation whatever you decide to call it is pulled out of somebody's ass.
That goes from the lowliest Newbie on a local football bulletin board to the highest-rated Sports Talk and information professional.
WSS
Face it amigo. Every single solitary bit of news evidence conjecture speculation whatever you decide to call it is pulled out of somebody's ass.
And I understand that... it's just that when speculation is presented as fact that I get a little testy.
-
Face it amigo. Every single solitary bit of news evidence conjecture speculation whatever you decide to call it is pulled out of somebody's ass.
And I understand that... it's just that when speculation is presented as fact that I get a little testy.
And I understand that... it's just that when speculation is presented as fact that I get a little testy.
And every single meaningless thing he did/does whatever will be dissected like a frog in biology class.
It's going to be a long Winter and Spring coming up. I choose to just chill out.

-
I think in the end Jimmy felt he finally needed to heed Depos advice. Depo has made several recommendations that would have been solid choices only to have Jimmy opt for Hue and Doofus Dorsey decide on Freddie.
I do think we are going have solid alignment between Stefanski and Berry, both whom will be open to using the analytics that Depo and staff will provide on a weekly basis. Even in game basis. I hope a member of the Depo team is on the sidelines with the ability to feed the coach info in real time, point out things that could help with halftime adjustments Doofus wasn't open to that. He would rather sit there and watch Freddie fall in love with plays that didn't work. It started to look like "Tin Cup" with Costner determined to carry the water. It never hurts to get solid information that can help towards making better decisions.
We all want that, right?
-
Well, at least we didn't hire a fat ass.?
Well, at least we didn't hire a fat ass.?
No but Stefanski reminds me of a Just For Men Hair Dye commercial spokesperson.
if I was his agent I’d be all over that endorsement
-
I think in the end Jimmy felt he finally needed to heed Depos advice. Depo has made several recommendations that would have been solid choices only to have Jimmy opt for Hue and Doofus Dorsey decide on Freddie.
I do think we are going have solid alignment between Stefanski and Berry, both whom will be open to using the analytics that Depo and staff will provide on a weekly basis. Even in game basis. I hope a member of the Depo team is on the sidelines with the ability to feed the coach info in real time, point out things that could help with halftime adjustments Doofus wasn't open to that. He would rather sit there and watch Freddie fall in love with plays that didn't work. It started to look like "Tin Cup" with Costner determined to carry the water. It never hurts to get solid information that can help towards making better decisions.
We all want that, right?
I think in the end Jimmy felt he finally needed to heed Depos advice. Depo has made several recommendations that would have been solid choices only to have Jimmy opt t never hurts to get solid information that can help towards making better decisions.
We all want that, right?
Yes. I'd like to see some solid thinking have a chance to play out and work.
We diehard BROWNS fans have become weary of decades of mismanagement.
GO BROWNS, get it right.
-
And now another account of what Jimmah requested is out... and it doesn't match up with the Fox and Friends drive-time broadcast.
Stefanski presented a detailed vision of how he will approach the head coaching job. He made it clear he was willing to yield to certain DePodesta standards, such as an analytics person with a head set and access to the coaching staff on game days, in addition to certain Haslam likes, such as hours-long, Monday-after, owner-coach meetings.
Here the Monday meeting is not an upcoming "game plan" focused, but a post-mortem of the game just played... not an outrageous thing for an owner to request.
Here the analytics involvement is more of a game-day thing with an "Analytics Assistant Coach" wired into the HC's ear. Seems to me to be a lot of advantages to this ranging from basic reminders... such as when to go for 2 and when to go on 4th down... to feedback on when the playcalling is getting a little too run/pass-happy or a left/tight tendency is developing. There's no mention of turning in a plan or a meeting on it.
More to come I'm sure...
In other news Fox updated his afternoon, drive-time broadcast in a tweet Sunday night: " “Was also told candidates also had to agree to turn in game plans to the owner and analytics department on Friday and to attend an end-of-week analytics meeting to discuss their plan.”
So the reported Monday game-plan meet moved to Friday...
I'd just like to point out that a Friday game-plan meeting makes no sense whatsoever if it's intent is anything more than simply informing Jimmah and Depo.
Game plans are substantially generated by the staff with Analytics input on Monday, the players' day off. "The Plan" is then practiced to throughout the week. And while it may be refined through the week, no major changes are possible on Friday.
-
Oh shit you and cal too? We're fucked.?
Stephanski wasn't "my guy". Try to get at least ONE fact straight this month, okay?
I wanted Kris Richard, who wasn't interviewed. "Reading comprehension" IS a thing, you know.
-
And now another account of what Jimmah requested is out... and it doesn't match up with the Fox and Friends drive-time broadcast.
Stefanski presented a detailed vision of how he will approach the head coaching job. He made it clear he was willing to yield to certain DePodesta standards, such as an analytics person with a head set and access to the coaching staff on game days, in addition to certain Haslam likes, such as hours-long, Monday-after, owner-coach meetings.
Here the Monday meeting is not an upcoming "game plan" focused, but a post-mortem of the game just played... not an outrageous thing for an owner to request.
Here the analytics involvement is more of a game-day thing with an "Analytics Assistant Coach" wired into the HC's ear. Seems to me to be a lot of advantages to this ranging from basic reminders... such as when to go for 2 and when to go on 4th down... to feedback on when the playcalling is getting a little too run/pass-happy or a left/tight tendency is developing. There's no mention of turning in a plan or a meeting on it.
More to come I'm sure...
In other news Fox updated his afternoon, drive-time broadcast in a tweet Sunday night: " “Was also told candidates also had to agree to turn in game plans to the owner and analytics department on Friday and to attend an end-of-week analytics meeting to discuss their plan.”
So the reported Monday game-plan meet moved to Friday...
I'd just like to point out that a Friday game-plan meeting makes no sense whatsoever if it's intent is anything more than simply informing Jimmah and Depo.
Game plans are substantially generated by the staff with Analytics input on Monday, the players' day off. "The Plan" is then practiced to throughout the week. And while it may be refined through the week, no major changes are possible on Friday.
And now another account of what Jimmah requested is out... and it doesn't match up with the Fox and Friends drive-time broadcast.
Here the Monday meeting is not an upcoming "game plan" focused, but a post-mortem of the game just played... not an outrageous thing for an owner to request.
Here the analytics involvement is more of a game-day thing with an "Analytics Assistant Coach" wired into the HC's ear. Seems to me to be a lot of advantages to this ranging from basic reminders... such as when to go for 2 and when to go on 4th down... to feedback on when the playcalling is getting a little too run/pass-happy or a left/tight tendency is developing. There's no mention of turning in a plan or a meeting on it.
More to come I'm sure...
In other news Fox updated his afternoon, drive-time broadcast in a tweet Sunday night: " “Was also told candidates also had to agree to turn in game plans to the owner and analytics department on Friday and to attend an end-of-week analytics meeting to discuss their plan.”
I'd just like to point out that a Friday game-plan meeting makes no sense whatsoever if it's intent is anything more than simply informing Jimmah and Depo.
Game plans are substantially generated by the staff with Analytics input on Monday, the players' day off. "The Plan" is then practiced to throughout the week. And while it may be refined through the week, no major changes are possible on Friday.
I heard stories on the radio this morning that Art Modell used to require his coaching staff to come to his house in Waite Hill....the NIGHT of the day they played a game, and make them go over every play and every strategy they used that day in the game, and if they won it was a bit of a celebration, and if they lost, it was a torture session. I guess he would serve up a whole mess of pasta and serve it with red wine...and make the staff go through the analysis of the game, right then.
So, I guess this shit is not at all new. It just takes a different form.
-
Oh shit you and cal too? We're fucked.?
Stephanski wasn't "my guy". Try to get at least ONE fact straight this month, okay?
I wanted Kris Richard, who wasn't interviewed. "Reading comprehension" IS a thing, you know.
Stephanski wasn't "my guy". Try to get at least ONE fact straight this month, okay?
I wanted Kris Richard, who wasn't interviewed. "Reading comprehension" IS a thing, you know.
Coulda fooled me. Here is a "fact" from page 3 of this very thread. If that is not an endorsement then I don't know what is. I read yours first and then PoG's and exactly what did you expect me to say other than "We're fucked"?
cal said on Sept 14 right here in this thread on page 3:
"well, I bought into the hype with the last two failure hc's...so third time is the charm. Personally, I put a lot of stock in who said also, it's a "fantastic" hire in the video. that means serious stuff, imho.
This time, I'm seeing that they learned their lesson. Stephanski is no "nice guy fuddy duddy nincampoop gonna fail" guy. you betcha. and that is with a UDFA at ROG and a terrific RT that got hurt in the playoff game."
Next time try to remember your "facts" for at least two days after you post them. "Writing comprehension" IS a thing you know.?
-
Oh, sorry then. I guess I should never have put you and Poe together as cheerleaders? Poor Poe, all alone:
You were right the first time. See my post above. Put 'em back in the same pea pod.?
-
Oh, sorry then. I guess I should never have put you and Poe together as cheerleaders? Poor Poe, all alone:
You were right the first time. See my post above. Put 'em back in the same pea pod.?
You were right the first time. See my post above. Put 'em back in the same pea pod.?
If you say so:

-
-
First staff tidbits I've seen...
Browns to part with OC Todd Monken, retain special teams coordinator Mike Priefer, per report
Kevin Stefanski is already lining up his first coaching staff despite lack of official announcement
-
Stephanski wasn't "my guy". Try to get at least ONE fact straight this month, okay?
I wanted Kris Richard, who wasn't interviewed. "Reading comprehension" IS a thing, you know.
Coulda fooled me. Here is a "fact" from page 3 of this very thread. If that is not an endorsement then I don't know what is. I read yours first and then PoG's and exactly what did you expect me to say other than "We're fucked"?
cal said on Sept 14 right here in this thread on page 3:
"well, I bought into the hype with the last two failure hc's...so third time is the charm. Personally, I put a lot of stock in who said also, it's a "fantastic" hire in the video. that means serious stuff, imho.
This time, I'm seeing that they learned their lesson. Stephanski is no "nice guy fuddy duddy nincampoop gonna fail" guy. you betcha. and that is with a UDFA at ROG and a terrific RT that got hurt in the playoff game."
Next time try to remember your "facts" for at least two days after you post them. "Writing comprehension" IS a thing you know.?
Coulda fooled me. Here is a "fact" from page 3 of this very thread. If that is not an endorsement then I don't know what is. I read yours first and then PoG's and exactly what did you expect me to say other than "We're fucked"?
cal said on Sept 14 right here in this thread on page 3:
"well, I bought into the hype with the last two failure hc's...so third time is the charm. Personally, I put a lot of stock in who said also, it's a "fantastic" hire in the video. that means serious stuff, imho.
This time, I'm seeing that they learned their lesson. Stephanski is no "nice guy fuddy duddy nincampoop gonna fail" guy. you betcha. and that is with a UDFA at ROG and a terrific RT that got hurt in the playoff game."
Next time try to remember your "facts" for at least two days after you post them. "Writing comprehension" IS a thing you know.?
You are just a stupid-ass. Read your own post. Sept 14? It's JANUARY you ignorant butthole. I'm supporting their choice as hopefully a GREAT choice. But he wasn't MY choice.
So, who would you pick as the next HC ?
calfoxwc replied to tinythinker's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
...I'd pickKris Richard as my next head coach. I don't get why he didn't get aninterview with the Browns. Did with the Giants... at least, hope he ends up with the Browns as an assistant coach. -
Pros and Cons on head coach candidates
calfoxwc posted a topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
Interesting list. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869050-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-pros-and-cons-on-nfl-coach-candidates I am leaning big towardsKris Richard . Looking at all the candidates a bit... yep. -
so, it's now well established that you, Texie, don't know a fact if it bit you in ass, making you...an ass.
Browns tointerview McCarthy
calfoxwc replied to Neo's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
I'm allin onKris Richard , new head coach. Not keen on McCarthy. -
I was wrong. But Kris Richard was my choice to be the next head coach.
2020 Predictions for the Browns!!
calfoxwc replied to Kvoethe's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
Kris Richard - should be the next head coach of the Browns. It's his time.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
