Skip to content

Soldiering On. GM/OC/DC choices

The Browns Board
36 14 1.3k
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    OK,   if Stinky Stefanski is going to be our HC......what about the other important jobs on this team.

    GM candidates:   

    OC:  

    DC:

    I have heard a couple of names for  GM....maybe The Young Wolf, Dobbs from KC?     OC:  Kubiak would be good  DC: Schwartz would be good.

    Who else? 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I'd be surprised if Andrew Berry isn't the GM.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    We could always bring back Todd Haley at OC.

    How about Jay Gruden...OC

    Could Todd Monken be kept?  

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
    #4

    Just heard that it wouldn’t be surprising if Stefanski keeps Wilks, guess he was the DC he would have brought on last year if he had gotten the job.

    not sure if I like that or not. He had a couple really good schemed games (Baltimore @ Balt. was a great defense) but then he got beat by Duck and some Denver QB that hadn’t taken a snap. I guess he can’t run on the field and tackle and cover players himself though. 
     

    might be nice to keep him on... No massive changes needed. 
     

    meh. Whateves 

  • Just heard that it wouldn’t be surprising if Stefanski keeps Wilks, guess he was the DC he would have brought on last year if he had gotten the job.

    not sure if I like that or not. He had a couple really good schemed games (Baltimore @ Balt. was a great defense) but then he got beat by Duck and some Denver QB that hadn’t taken a snap. I guess he can’t run on the field and tackle and cover players himself though. 
     

    might be nice to keep him on... No massive changes needed. 
     

    meh. Whateves 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #5

    @hx214 said:

    Just heard that it wouldn’t be surprising if Stefanski keeps Wilks, guess he was the DC he would have brought on last year if he had gotten the job.

    not sure if I like that or not. He had a couple really good schemed games (Baltimore @ Balt. was a great defense) but then he got beat by Duck and some Denver QB that hadn’t taken a snap. I guess he can’t run on the field and tackle and cover players himself though. 
     

    might be nice to keep him on... No massive changes needed. 
     

    meh. Whateves 

    1) I hope not!

    2) Wilks was the Coach & I saw nothing but regression. Our tackling is some of the worst I have ever seen & I expect players to be coached UP! Ours were not.

    Obviously, I'm no fan of Wilks, but...

    Canton Mike

    Mike

  • Just heard that it wouldn’t be surprising if Stefanski keeps Wilks, guess he was the DC he would have brought on last year if he had gotten the job.

    not sure if I like that or not. He had a couple really good schemed games (Baltimore @ Balt. was a great defense) but then he got beat by Duck and some Denver QB that hadn’t taken a snap. I guess he can’t run on the field and tackle and cover players himself though. 
     

    might be nice to keep him on... No massive changes needed. 
     

    meh. Whateves 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @hx214 said:

    Just heard that it wouldn’t be surprising if Stefanski keeps Wilks, guess he was the DC he would have brought on last year if he had gotten the job.

    not sure if I like that or not. He had a couple really good schemed games (Baltimore @ Balt. was a great defense) but then he got beat by Duck and some Denver QB that hadn’t taken a snap. I guess he can’t run on the field and tackle and cover players himself though. 
     

    might be nice to keep him on... No massive changes needed. 
     

    meh. Whateves 

    He had absolutely NO answer after   Garrett got suspended.  Failed to adapt....and as someone said:   tackling was atrocious. 

    Hard pass. 

  • B Babernakle wrote on last edited by
    #7

    They need to get Byron leftwitch for oc

    For dc ?

  • They need to get Byron leftwitch for oc

    For dc ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @babernakle said:

    They need to get Byron leftwitch for oc

    For dc ?

    Leftwich is currently  Tampa's OC.   First time OC just this past year.   No lateral moves

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Kubiac OC

    Schwartz DC

    Jimmy sell the team

  • @babernakle said:

    They need to get Byron leftwitch for oc

    For dc ?

    Leftwich is currently  Tampa's OC.   First time OC just this past year.   No lateral moves

    B Babernakle wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    Leftwich is currently  Tampa's OC.   First time OC just this past year.   No lateral moves

    Why not offer him the job he might take it 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Leftwich is currently  Tampa's OC.   First time OC just this past year.   No lateral moves

    Why not offer him the job he might take it 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @babernakle said:

    Why not offer him the job he might take it 

    He can't.

    That's what "No lateral moves" means. 

  • S sdballis wrote on last edited by
    #12
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #13

    Either The team quit on Wilks or his scheme is awful or both.  There was time before Christmas I thought he would be the fall guy and get axed and Freddie would stay on for one year.

    i think there is a .0001% chance that Wilks is in Cleveland 

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Man.... I don’t know if Wilks is all that bad.

    His all pro DE center piece of his defense gets bounced. The only other pass rusher on the other side of the ball (Vernon) can’t stay on the field, Your GM traded away any DE depth you had for a worthless safety and a 4th round pick leaving you with no names,  half the games Ward played this year he looked like he couldn’t cover a JV WR, Redwine looked lost out there at times....

    Not going to say I’ll be upset if they move on, but I’ll take Wilks defense over Ray Horton or O’Neil’s

  • @the-gipper said:

    Leftwich is currently  Tampa's OC.   First time OC just this past year.   No lateral moves

    Why not offer him the job he might take it 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @babernakle said:

    Why not offer him the job he might take it 

    He could if he is not under contract 

  • Either The team quit on Wilks or his scheme is awful or both.  There was time before Christmas I thought he would be the fall guy and get axed and Freddie would stay on for one year.

    i think there is a .0001% chance that Wilks is in Cleveland 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Either The team quit on Wilks or his scheme is awful or both.  There was time before Christmas I thought he would be the fall guy and get axed and Freddie would stay on for one year.

    i think there is a .0001% chance that Wilks is in Cleveland 

    I hate to even THINK it, but I have an awful feeling that Wilks may be retained. ?

    Mike

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Kubiak's son could be the QB coach ......... Mike McDaniels as OC  .... if true we did end up hiring McDaniels

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    DiFillipo is available.  Just parted ways with Jags.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    George Paton is being interviewed for OC.    Seriously,  George Paton.

    The players damned well better listen to him;

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    This George Paton  (one t)  is currently asst. GM for the Vikings.   He and Stefanski have worked together for the Vikings for 13 years.

    If this is a case of the coach picking the GM,   then that would make some sense.