Skip to content

PLAYOFF WEEK 3 - AFC and NFC CHAMPIONSHIP and NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP notes & January 19 lines.

The Browns Board
75 9 1.6k
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Well I think it's safe now Mr gumby can work on his Championship acceptance speech. Congratulations on your hard fought win !  😉

    ........and geezzus I had my worst college and pro pickem and came in second in both the Survivor and bowl mania.  Nobody remembers who was second! (where did I hear that?)

    But hey it was fun!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Ohio State would have got buzzed by LSU!   (but almost beat Clemson)

  • Ohio State would have got buzzed by LSU!   (but almost beat Clemson)

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @mjp28 said:

    Ohio State would have got buzzed by LSU!   (but almost beat Clemson)

    Have to agree... would love to have tOSU CBs matchup, but LSU just has too many weapons.

    ... but it pissed me off the way we lost to Clemson... namely Trevor's running... he ain't all that as a runner.

  • Well I think it's safe now Mr gumby can work on his Championship acceptance speech. Congratulations on your hard fought win !  😉

    ........and geezzus I had my worst college and pro pickem and came in second in both the Survivor and bowl mania.  Nobody remembers who was second! (where did I hear that?)

    But hey it was fun!

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @mjp28 said:

     Mr gumby can work on his Championship acceptance speech. Congratulations on your hard fought win !  😉

    Thanks, and i will work on that. Back to Back Champ  DUHy.gif        Skeet! ..RIP brother ?  

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    And now.....who gives a shit.   (unless you had money riding on it....did you?)

    Neither team likeable enough to root for.  

    The only interesting thing about this game will be to look back on it in 10 years to see which QB came out with the better NFL career. 

  • Geeezzzus this Burrow kid is good.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @mjp28 said:

    Geeezzzus this Burrow kid is good.

    And you wonder why I have him as a mortal lock going to the Bengals?  I'd trade Mayfield and our first round pick to Cinci right now for Joe, and not give it a second thought. 

    @tour2ma said:

    If I were Cinci, I'd draft at least one LSU WR to keep him company.

    Not sure what to make of Higgins... seems like a bit of a pussy.

    And I really don't know what to make of Lawrence... last year's playoff run impressed, but this year vs. top defenses I've seen jack... at least from his arm.

    A bigger and slower version of Lamar Jackson. When LSU brought the heat, he threw some downright errant passes. 

  • @mjp28 said:

     Mr gumby can work on his Championship acceptance speech. Congratulations on your hard fought win !  😉

    Thanks, and i will work on that. Back to Back Champ  DUHy.gif        Skeet! ..RIP brother ?  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @gumby73 said:

    Thanks, and i will work on that. Back to Back Champ  DUHy.gif        Skeet! ..RIP brother ?  

    OK Mr gumby winning is hard repeating is really hard!   You'll see.  😉

  • @mjp28 said:

    Geeezzzus this Burrow kid is good.

    And you wonder why I have him as a mortal lock going to the Bengals?  I'd trade Mayfield and our first round pick to Cinci right now for Joe, and not give it a second thought. 

    @tour2ma said:

    If I were Cinci, I'd draft at least one LSU WR to keep him company.

    Not sure what to make of Higgins... seems like a bit of a pussy.

    And I really don't know what to make of Lawrence... last year's playoff run impressed, but this year vs. top defenses I've seen jack... at least from his arm.

    A bigger and slower version of Lamar Jackson. When LSU brought the heat, he threw some downright errant passes. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #50

    @hoorta said:

    1. And you wonder why I have him as a mortal lock going to the Bengals?  I'd trade Mayfield and our first round pick to Cinci right now for Joe, and not give it a second thought. 

    2. A bigger and slower version of Lamar Jackson. When LSU brought the heat, he threw some downright errant passes. 

    1. Cinci probably would want more than swapping R1 picks plus Mayfield.  I was thinking about that during the game watching Burrow pick apart the undefeated and defending champions.  

    2. I've always believed that the super tall QBs have built in problems, sure they can see over the lines better than a 6' to 6' 3" guy and might have a cannon arm -but- they lose a lot in mobility which can also lead to excessive hits particularly in the legs.  And a cannon arm isn't always accurate.  A matter of preference I guess.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Geeezzzus this Burrow kid is good.

    And you wonder why I have him as a mortal lock going to the Bengals?  I'd trade Mayfield and our first round pick to Cinci right now for Joe, and not give it a second thought. 

    @tour2ma said:

    If I were Cinci, I'd draft at least one LSU WR to keep him company.

    Not sure what to make of Higgins... seems like a bit of a pussy.

    And I really don't know what to make of Lawrence... last year's playoff run impressed, but this year vs. top defenses I've seen jack... at least from his arm.

    A bigger and slower version of Lamar Jackson. When LSU brought the heat, he threw some downright errant passes. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @hoorta said:

    I'd trade Mayfield and our first round pick to Cinci right now for Joe, and not give it a second thought. 

    Keep going... I'd have no issues adding our 2021 #1 to that mix... and it still probably is not enough.

  • @hoorta said:

    I'd trade Mayfield and our first round pick to Cinci right now for Joe, and not give it a second thought. 

    Keep going... I'd have no issues adding our 2021 #1 to that mix... and it still probably is not enough.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @tour2ma said:

    Keep going... I'd have no issues adding our 2021 #1 to that mix... and it still probably is not enough.

    Super Joe has everything I saw in Baker at Oklahoma, but even more of it.   Yeah- put the 2019 version of Burrow on the Buckeyes, and they beat Clemson.... That's one big fish OSU let get away.... 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #53

    Just realized I don't have a comparison for Burrow. Lately it's been, "So and so is the best I've seen since Luck," but I think Burrow is better than Luck... so now I'm stuck for a comparison.

    Only thing that gives me any pause in saying "better than Luck" is Luck's deeper resume, but it's only an exceedingly brief pause.

    I guess I need to figure who Luck was my "best since"... maybe Carson Palmer??? Great... another Bengal draft pick... lol...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Watching the title game, Burrow is a locked in 1st overall. In all my years, I don't remember watching a college qb and

    thinking "he plays like he is a pro qb already". I wonder how many high draft picks New England would have to give to Cincy to trade up? lol

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #55

    TUESDAY LATE PM - report, not saying too much......yet.

    Tennessee Titans
     
    NAME POS DATE STATUS COMMENT
    Adam Humphries WR Jan 13 Questionable  
    Jayon Brown LB Jan 13 Questionable  
    Cody Hollister WR Jan 13 Questionable
     
    Kansas City Chiefs
     
    NAME POS DATE STATUS COMMENT
    Chris Jones DT Jan 13 Questionable Coach Andy Reid indicated Monday that Jones (calf) wasn't close to playing against Texans on Sunday, Adam Teicher of ESPN.com reports. "He couldn't push off," Reid said of Jones.
    Morris Claiborne CB Jan 13 Questionable
     
    Green Bay Packers
     
    NAME POS DATE STATUS COMMENT
    Bryan Bulaga OT Jan 14 Questionable Coach Matt LaFleur believes Bulaga had a 24-hour flu bug, and the lineman is feeling better, Matt Schneidman of The Athletic reports.
    Dexter Williams RB Jan 13 Questionable  
    Josh Jackson CB Jan 13 Questionable  
    Danny Vitale FB Jan 13 Questionable
     
    San Francisco 49ers
     
    NAME POS DATE STATUS COMMENT
    Mark Nzeocha LB Jan 12 Questionable Nzeocha left Saturday's divisional-round win over the Vikings with a stinger, Keiana Martin of the 49ers' official site reports.
    Raheem Mostert RB Jan 11 Questionable Mostert told Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com after Saturday's win against the Vikings that he exited in the fourth quarter due to a cramp in his calf.
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #56

    Just a little side note right now in SB 54 the AFC is a 3 point favorite over the NFC what does that tell you?  The KC/TEN side looks stronger than the SF/GB side.  Agree or disagree?    https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/superbowl/history

    Some Super Bowl notes in general...... and YES our BROWNS were in the conversation preseason...... continued in the link........

    Screenshot_2020-01-16_125624.jpg

    Screenshot_2020-01-16_130504.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    Another strange thing that just happened in the last weeks/months no NE/BAL in the Final Four.   At one time they were BIG favorites.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #58

    I think it depends on who actually makes it.  If SFO does, I suspect they would be  favorites over anyone.  Wouldn't they?

  • I think it depends on who actually makes it.  If SFO does, I suspect they would be  favorites over anyone.  Wouldn't they?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @the-gipper said:

    I think it depends on who actually makes it.  If SFO does, I suspect they would be  favorites over anyone.  Wouldn't they?

    When I looked at the individual odds it looks like KC is the favorite.  And yes the odds change every week including this one the odds right now:

    ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 SUPER BOWL LIV (2/2/20)
    Team Odds
    Kansas City Chiefs 7/5
    San Francisco 49ers 3/2
    Green Bay Packers 7/1
    Tennessee Titans 8/1
     
    ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/20)
    Team Odds
    San Francisco 49ers 2/7
    Green Bay Packers 11/4
     
    ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/20)
    Team Odds
    Kansas City Chiefs 2/7
    Tennessee Titans 3/1
  • I think it depends on who actually makes it.  If SFO does, I suspect they would be  favorites over anyone.  Wouldn't they?

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @the-gipper said:

    I think it depends on who actually makes it.  If SFO does, I suspect they would be  favorites over anyone.  Wouldn't they?

    I suppose you’re prepared to pony up? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think it depends on who actually makes it.  If SFO does, I suspect they would be  favorites over anyone.  Wouldn't they?

    I suppose you’re prepared to pony up? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I suppose you’re prepared to pony up? 

    No don’t care enough. Beside you can’t gamble on sports around here. When I am in Las Vegas on February 2 I will put a bit down on the Super Bowl just for shits and giggles 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #62

    OK here's some more numbers for you the odds for winning NEXT YEAR'S SUPER BOWL 2020-2021.    And YES our BROWNS are somewhat in the mix at 30/1.

    In fact the AFCN is up there including Pittsburgh, remember these are bettor driven numbers.    GO BROWNS, yeah baby !

    ODDS TO WIN 2020-21 SUPER BOWL LV (2/7/21)
    Team Odds
    Kansas City Chiefs 7/1
    Baltimore Ravens. * *  8/1
    San Francisco 49ers 8/1
    New Orleans Saints 10/1
    New England Patriots 12/1
    Pittsburgh Steelers. * 12/1
    Dallas Cowboys 16/1
    Philadelphia Eagles 20/1
    Green Bay Packers 20/1
    Seattle Seahawks 20/1
    Los Angeles Rams 25/1
    Chicago Bears 30/1
    Cleveland Browns * 30/1. <---. 7 teams at 30/1
    Los Angeles Chargers 30/1
    Indianapolis Colts 30/1
    Houston Texans 30/1
    Tennessee Titans 30/1
    Minnesota Vikings 30/1
    Buffalo Bills 40/1
    Atlanta Falcons 40/1
    Las Vegas Raiders 40/1
    Denver Broncos 60/1
    New York Jets 60/1
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 60/1
    Arizona Cardinals 80/1
    New York Giants 80/1
    Jacksonville Jaguars 80/1
    Detroit Lions 80/1
    Carolina Panthers 100/1
    Cincinnati Bengals. * 100/1
    Miami Dolphins 100/1
    Washington Redskins 100/1
     

    Updated Mon, Jan. 13, 9:15 PM ET - Odds Subject to Change