Skip to content

OBJ Continues to be OBJ

Locked The Browns Board
237 46 6.5k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    How do we discipline you then for making unsubstantiated jumps to conclusions.  Should we judge how that reflects on your character?

    Unsubstantiated?  Might be problem #1 discipline on that 6-10 team or didn't you watch the games?

    Then let's read someone who is considered an expert in Cleveland sports, Terry Pluto....  https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/scribbling-about-kevin-stefanskis-biggest-challenges-as-browns-coach-fixing-baker-mayfield-and-discipline.html

    Scribbling about Kevin Stefanski’s biggest challenges: Fixing Baker Mayfield and discipline

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Unsubstantiated?  Might be problem #1 discipline on that 6-10 team or didn't you watch the games?

    Then let's read someone who is considered an expert in Cleveland sports, Terry Pluto....  https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/scribbling-about-kevin-stefanskis-biggest-challenges-as-browns-coach-fixing-baker-mayfield-and-discipline.html

    Scribbling about Kevin Stefanski’s biggest challenges: Fixing Baker Mayfield and discipline

    Yes.  Unsubstantiated.  This business with OBJ  has FUCK ALL to do with the team discipline of the Cleveland Browns.  Yes, the Browns were an undisciplined team coached by an undisciplined coach.   But again...this incident has NOTHING to do with any of that.  How your mind warps one into the other is beyond comprehension. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, fucking total ignorance.  Maybe it is my training as a lawyer and 30 years as a magistrate that tells me never to judge a situation before all the evidence has been presented.  Yet, here you are again, prejudging a situation before ANY relevant evidence has even seen the light of day.  ANY.  Every other player in this entire league has has some minor scrape of some sort in their life....Yet you declare that the team will not perform well with him on it in the ensuing fall football season that starts in September   because of a butt slap that happened on January 13.  That is the height of absurdity.

    You sure don't write or act like any lawyer or elected judge I've ever met and I've met plenty. Just sayin'..... 😆

    .........and I'm judging that 100% by what you put up here on the board just like everyone else here on the board.  And to think I used to think you were a good wordsmith and then you revert to the 6th grade bathroom grammar mixed in with your night court bravado.   And I thought you were better than that -or-are you just "breaking balls" again? It's hard to tell them apart at times.  Oh well......  😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    You sure don't write or act like any lawyer or elected judge I've ever met and I've met plenty. Just sayin'..... 😆

    Then you don't know shite about lawyers and judges...no matter how many you have met, because you have not met as many as I have.  Beyond that,  I am not in my lawyerly or magisterial domain.  I am in the equivalent of a bar room here.  And judges and lawyers can be more crude in a bar room setting than anyone. Trust me.  But they, like me, are perfectly professional when we are in court or dealing with clients.  I mean, you certainly act differently when you are at work, with your family,  or in a sports bar. 

    .........and I'm judging that 100% by what you put up here on the board just like everyone else here on the board.  And to think I used to think you were a good wordsmith and then you revert to the 6th grade bathroom grammar mixed in with your night court bravado.   And I thought you were better than that -or-are you just "breaking balls" again? It's hard to tell them apart at times.  Oh well......  😉

    Of course I am busting your balls.  Was that not perfect clear?  When you make wholly irrational comments as you have here, you should expect to have your balls broken.   And certainly you are fully aware that I can be more creative in my commentary than I have been here.  But would an intellectual approach help you better see the errors of your ways?  I just thought that I would make it clear in simple undeniable terms that your thinking on the subject is wholly FUBAR. 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    And of course, the ignorant racism of trying to tell a black guy how he should or should not party while laughing and ignoring the white guy who does exactly the same thing.  Fun fact: Edelman has fathered more children out of wedlock than OBJ - why is Edelman not labeled a Deadbeat?  

    Nail on the head.

    by the way, now Barney fife from the video is declining to pursue charges. Amazing right? Almost like he is being protected from going through prosecution for the damming evidence he was harassing certain kids in that locker room.

    I respect police, hell im the son of a military family. I almost respect chain of command and authority to a fault. But you mofos need to consider cops aren’t some Gods walking among us anymore either. The vast majority are great people keeping us safe. But a small, non insignificant amount are like the rent a cop in the video who are nothing but bullies with a badge with vendettas against certain groups of people. Frankly, I’m damn tired of it. We can do better.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    @jrb12711 said:

    But a small, non insignificant amount are like the rent a cop in the video who are nothing but bullies

    Not to you, but to everyone: This is true of EVERY profession, in EVERY organization - government or private, big or small.  There's always somebody who is slacking or incompetent.. and these issues should be expected.

    Are all cops bad because one or two are? No? Then I'm beyond tired of hearing how all post office employees are bad.  And, be consistent: Once you had your first bad experience at Target or Macy's or Cleveland Clinic -- you'd better be talking just as frequently about how those big corporations should be shut down with just as little evidence.

    Might want to check in on the actual, updated 2020 reputation of those fantasies of private governance known as GE and GM -- finance companies that also make stuff on the side.  Let me save you the trouble: They're less skilled than Boeing, and it takes effort to be that bad at your job.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    You haven't shown how anything leads inexorably to a conclusion that "winning isn't a priority."

    I like your "wordsmithing" here. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I always enjoy the time between the hiring of a new Browns head coach and the first game with said Browns coach.

    Homer takes are all that are permitted. Being objective about anything is to be dismissed.

    IT'S SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS TIME! 

  • I always enjoy the time between the hiring of a new Browns head coach and the first game with said Browns coach.

    Homer takes are all that are permitted. Being objective about anything is to be dismissed.

    IT'S SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS TIME! 

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I always enjoy the time between the hiring of a new Browns head coach and the first game with said Browns coach.

    Homer takes are all that are permitted. Being objective about anything is to be dismissed.

    IT'S SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS TIME! 

    Not here.  I try to stay balanced.  If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I always enjoy the time between the hiring of a new Browns head coach and the first game with said Browns coach.

    Homer takes are all that are permitted. Being objective about anything is to be dismissed.

    IT'S SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS TIME! 

    Not here.  I try to stay balanced.  If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    Not here.  I try to stay balanced.  If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

    That's good, ballpeen.

    You are in the minority, though. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    You sure don't write or act like any lawyer or elected judge I've ever met and I've met plenty. Just sayin'..... 😆

    Then you don't know shite about lawyers and judges...no matter how many you have met, because you have not met as many as I have.  Beyond that,  I am not in my lawyerly or magisterial domain.  I am in the equivalent of a bar room here.  And judges and lawyers can be more crude in a bar room setting than anyone. Trust me.  But they, like me, are perfectly professional when we are in court or dealing with clients.  I mean, you certainly act differently when you are at work, with your family,  or in a sports bar. 

    .........and I'm judging that 100% by what you put up here on the board just like everyone else here on the board.  And to think I used to think you were a good wordsmith and then you revert to the 6th grade bathroom grammar mixed in with your night court bravado.   And I thought you were better than that -or-are you just "breaking balls" again? It's hard to tell them apart at times.  Oh well......  😉

    Of course I am busting your balls.  Was that not perfect clear?  When you make wholly irrational comments as you have here, you should expect to have your balls broken.   And certainly you are fully aware that I can be more creative in my commentary than I have been here.  But would an intellectual approach help you better see the errors of your ways?  I just thought that I would make it clear in simple undeniable terms that your thinking on the subject is wholly FUBAR. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    You sure don't write or act like any lawyer or elected judge I've ever met and I've met plenty. Just sayin'..... 😆

    Then you don't know shite about lawyers and judges...no matter how many you have met, because you have not met as many as I have.  Beyond that,  I am not in my lawyerly or magisterial domain.  I am in the equivalent of a bar room here.  And judges and lawyers can be more crude in a bar room setting than anyone. Trust me.  But they, like me, are perfectly professional when we are in court or dealing with clients.  I mean, you certainly act differently when you are at work, with your family,  or in a sports bar. 

    Oh I have met lawyers and elected and retired judges in many different settings from family members, friends, neighbors, clients of ours, public outings and meetings, cigar gatherings, golf partners, golf outings, country club gatherings, and numerous bars and a few strip clubs.

    We've also done political signs (my one brother's side business) for many candidates including judges, mayors, sheriffs (another interesting bunch), commissioners, trustees and others for years.  Yes I think I know about lawyers and judges.

    Oh are you an elected magistrate or judge or just one of those fill in guys, I grew up across the street from one of those lawyer/judge guys. His son became a lawyer then fill in guy now an elected Municipal Court judge.  My one brother and a cousin were baliffs while going to law school one in Municipal Court the other Country Common Pleas.

    I will withhold any further opinions about you for the moment.  But I do know lawyers and judges. 😉

  • @jrb12711 said:

    But a small, non insignificant amount are like the rent a cop in the video who are nothing but bullies

    Not to you, but to everyone: This is true of EVERY profession, in EVERY organization - government or private, big or small.  There's always somebody who is slacking or incompetent.. and these issues should be expected.

    Are all cops bad because one or two are? No? Then I'm beyond tired of hearing how all post office employees are bad.  And, be consistent: Once you had your first bad experience at Target or Macy's or Cleveland Clinic -- you'd better be talking just as frequently about how those big corporations should be shut down with just as little evidence.

    Might want to check in on the actual, updated 2020 reputation of those fantasies of private governance known as GE and GM -- finance companies that also make stuff on the side.  Let me save you the trouble: They're less skilled than Boeing, and it takes effort to be that bad at your job.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Not to you, but to everyone: This is true of EVERY profession, in EVERY organization - government or private, big or small.  There's always somebody who is slacking or incompetent.. and these issues should be expected.

    Are all cops bad because one or two are? No?

    It's a hell of a lot more that. Every cop who looks the other way of cops being bad is also a bad cop. That brings the % way up there. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    The huge majority of police officers are well trained good guys I'd trust them way more than the general public.  But like in any profession or vocation you have a small percentage that do not represent the majority.

    And this whole thing is about OBJ and his personality and very little to do with the rent-a-cop here.

    And OBJ is an attention seeking Cleveland Browns and NFL  player wherever he goes and in whatever he does......good or bad.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    The rent a cop should have known better - good that the charges were dropped.But then there is ALSO THE HANDING OUT OF MONEY PART. And the getting escorted awayfrom the LSU band after OBJ was interring, trying to get them to play some dirty lyrics song he likes.

    And the visor. the pants. the shoes. and his "groin injury" that kept him out of camp? that needed surgery after the seasonis over? and the expensive watch he wore IN A GAME?

    and that is just with the Browns.

    With the Giants - it was worse. The least worse? was throwing off on his teammates in an interview.The worst? with some woman and white powder there and .....If the only way you can defend him is throw off on the stupid rentacop, you are just missing a lot of good reasons to consider trading OBJ. He won't really care - his brand and $$$$$$$$$ go with him.

    You can bet if the Browns go to the playoffs, OBJ will be a distraction one way or another, negative attention or positive attention.  That's just how I see it. The Browns players deserve far better if that does happen. It's his brand.

  • The rent a cop should have known better - good that the charges were dropped.But then there is ALSO THE HANDING OUT OF MONEY PART. And the getting escorted awayfrom the LSU band after OBJ was interring, trying to get them to play some dirty lyrics song he likes.

    And the visor. the pants. the shoes. and his "groin injury" that kept him out of camp? that needed surgery after the seasonis over? and the expensive watch he wore IN A GAME?

    and that is just with the Browns.

    With the Giants - it was worse. The least worse? was throwing off on his teammates in an interview.The worst? with some woman and white powder there and .....If the only way you can defend him is throw off on the stupid rentacop, you are just missing a lot of good reasons to consider trading OBJ. He won't really care - his brand and $$$$$$$$$ go with him.

    You can bet if the Browns go to the playoffs, OBJ will be a distraction one way or another, negative attention or positive attention.  That's just how I see it. The Browns players deserve far better if that does happen. It's his brand.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    The rent a cop should have known better - good that the charges were dropped.But then there is ALSO THE HANDING OUT OF MONEY PART. And the getting escorted awayfrom the LSU band after OBJ was interring, trying to get them to play some dirty lyrics song he likes.

    And the visor. the pants. the shoes. and his "groin injury" that kept him out of camp? that needed surgery after the seasonis over? and the expensive watch he wore IN A GAME?

    and that is just with the Browns.

    With the Giants - it was worse. The least worse? was throwing off on his teammates in an interview.The worst? with some woman and white powder there and .....If the only way you can defend him is throw off on the stupid rentacop, you are just missing a lot of good reasons to consider trading OBJ. He won't really care - his brand and $$$$$$$$$ go with him.

    You can bet if the Browns go to the playoffs, OBJ will be a distraction one way or another, negative attention or positive attention.  That's just how I see it. The Browns players deserve far better if that does happen. It's his brand.

    I agree Cal.. He's a Dorkus Maximus!

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    Nice of him to steal the spotlight from LSU and the players...

    Overpriced....a whopping 4 Tds...

    Dump him

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    He's a security guard, and ya'll have lost your minds. There's guys playing who have beat their wives and abused their kids. Our goofy guy gets drunk when his team wins the National Championship and hands out money and snacks a security guard on the butt.

    He's a really good wide receiver.

    It's going to be a long offseason.

    Z

    Image result for mall cop gifs

  • @the-gipper said:

    You sure don't write or act like any lawyer or elected judge I've ever met and I've met plenty. Just sayin'..... 😆

    Then you don't know shite about lawyers and judges...no matter how many you have met, because you have not met as many as I have.  Beyond that,  I am not in my lawyerly or magisterial domain.  I am in the equivalent of a bar room here.  And judges and lawyers can be more crude in a bar room setting than anyone. Trust me.  But they, like me, are perfectly professional when we are in court or dealing with clients.  I mean, you certainly act differently when you are at work, with your family,  or in a sports bar. 

    Oh I have met lawyers and elected and retired judges in many different settings from family members, friends, neighbors, clients of ours, public outings and meetings, cigar gatherings, golf partners, golf outings, country club gatherings, and numerous bars and a few strip clubs.

    We've also done political signs (my one brother's side business) for many candidates including judges, mayors, sheriffs (another interesting bunch), commissioners, trustees and others for years.  Yes I think I know about lawyers and judges.

    Oh are you an elected magistrate or judge or just one of those fill in guys, I grew up across the street from one of those lawyer/judge guys. His son became a lawyer then fill in guy now an elected Municipal Court judge.  My one brother and a cousin were baliffs while going to law school one in Municipal Court the other Country Common Pleas.

    I will withhold any further opinions about you for the moment.  But I do know lawyers and judges. 😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh I have met lawyers and elected and retired judges in many different settings from family members, friends, neighbors, clients of ours, public outings and meetings, cigar gatherings, golf partners, golf outings, country club gatherings, and numerous bars and a few strip clubs.

    We've also done political signs (my one brother's side business) for many candidates including judges, mayors, sheriffs (another interesting bunch), commissioners, trustees and others for years.  Yes I think I know about lawyers and judges.

    Oh are you an elected magistrate or judge or just one of those fill in guys, I grew up across the street from one of those lawyer/judge guys. His son became a lawyer then fill in guy now an elected Municipal Court judge.  My one brother and a cousin were baliffs while going to law school one in Municipal Court the other Country Common Pleas.

    I will withhold any further opinions about you for the moment.  But I do know lawyers and judges. 😉

    So? What do you do....so I can tell you what kind of people in your profession that I know. 

  • Zombo said:

    He's a security guard, and ya'll have lost your minds. There's guys playing who have beat their wives and abused their kids. Our goofy guy gets drunk when his team wins the National Championship and hands out money and snacks a security guard on the butt.

    He's a really good wide receiver.

    It's going to be a long offseason.

    Z

    Image result for mall cop gifs

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Image result for mall cop gifs

    Oh! Is that mjp?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    all these comments will make Gipper's hair stand on end.

    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115add676530c5c8cdcb

  • all these comments will make Gipper's hair stand on end.

    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115add676530c5c8cdcb

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    all these comments will make Gipper's hair stand on end.

    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115add676530c5c8cdcb

    If you can find something that would make some other part of me stand on end, that would be more appreciated. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    But a small, non insignificant amount are like the rent a cop in the video who are nothing but bullies

    Not to you, but to everyone: This is true of EVERY profession, in EVERY organization - government or private, big or small.  There's always somebody who is slacking or incompetent.. and these issues should be expected.

    Are all cops bad because one or two are? No? Then I'm beyond tired of hearing how all post office employees are bad.  And, be consistent: Once you had your first bad experience at Target or Macy's or Cleveland Clinic -- you'd better be talking just as frequently about how those big corporations should be shut down with just as little evidence.

    Might want to check in on the actual, updated 2020 reputation of those fantasies of private governance known as GE and GM -- finance companies that also make stuff on the side.  Let me save you the trouble: They're less skilled than Boeing, and it takes effort to be that bad at your job.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Not to you, but to everyone: This is true of EVERY profession, in EVERY organization - government or private, big or small.  There's always somebody who is slacking or incompetent.. and these issues should be expected.

    Are all cops bad because one or two are? No? Then I'm beyond tired of hearing how all post office employees are bad.  And, be consistent: Once you had your first bad experience at Target or Macy's or Cleveland Clinic -- you'd better be talking just as frequently about how those big corporations should be shut down with just as little evidence.

    Might want to check in on the actual, updated 2020 reputation of those fantasies of private governance known as GE and GM -- finance companies that also make stuff on the side.  Let me save you the trouble: They're less skilled than Boeing, and it takes effort to be that bad at your job.

    Except surely you understand how different that is. A bad target employee doesn’t honor your coupon. A bad cop gives you a bogus felony or, ya know, murders you. That’s beyond common sense.

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    The butt slap is much ado about nothing. The money part is more of a big deal, but probably not to the detriment of the Browns. 

    But I don't think people want to notice a string of bad/strange decisions by Odell. That doesn't mean he doesn't produce on the field or isn't a good teammate or that he will have them going forward.

    But I do wonder what people would think (whether they would post about it or not) if he was on a different team. That doesn't even factor in the difference in opinion of people accused/proven with much more serious situations. 

    I don't view something by my bias on the situation. If Nick Chubb and Saquon  Barkley do the same thing (as an example), I view them both the same. I don't give NC the benefit because he is a player on my favorite team.