Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
-
I like what Nesmith and Tork said about the "private enterprise" being the group getting to pick and choose. I like how they seem to not give a rip ( well maybe Tork does)
in light of being passed over.
in a related theme and in the light of the passing of RUSH drummer Neil Peart who was quoted in 2012 - (well before the bands induction into the hall)
when asked if they would like to be in the HOF, he said "yes if only for the fans"
individually we kind of take our feelings seriously over who should be in.... while the guys who perform, ( the down to earth ones at least)
arent so bothered by this.
I
-
-
-
oh ya they fucking rocked and is one band Black Sabbath said they borrowed from
are Black Sabbath in the rrhof ?
oh ya they fucking rocked and is one band Black Sabbath said they borrowed from
are Black Sabbath in the rrhof ?
Yes, but they didn't get in until 2006, which is ridiculous of course. They pioneered metal and influenced many bands.Tony Iommi is one of the best guitarists ever.
Seems they committee isn't very fond of hard rock or metal in general. Led Zeppelin didn't get in until 1995. See Deep Purple, who's still waiting.
Casey Kasem, please play War Pigs as a long-distance dedication to all the Joni Mitchell fans out there ?
-
-
oh ya they fucking rocked and is one band Black Sabbath said they borrowed from
are Black Sabbath in the rrhof ?
Yes, but they didn't get in until 2006, which is ridiculous of course. They pioneered metal and influenced many bands.Tony Iommi is one of the best guitarists ever.
Seems they committee isn't very fond of hard rock or metal in general. Led Zeppelin didn't get in until 1995. See Deep Purple, who's still waiting.
Casey Kasem, please play War Pigs as a long-distance dedication to all the Joni Mitchell fans out there ?
Yes, but they didn't get in until 2006, which is ridiculous of course. They pioneered metal and influenced many bands.Tony Iommi is one of the best guitarists ever.
Seems they committee isn't very fond of hard rock or metal in general. Led Zeppelin didn't get in until 1995. See Deep Purple, who's still waiting.
Casey Kasem, please play War Pigs as a long-distance dedication to all the Joni Mitchell fans out there ?
The band has to of had an album or a hit on the charge for 25 years before they’re eligible. Led Zeppelin didn’t start until around 1970. Also I think deep purple may in fact be in. In fact in checking yes they are in.
-
Yes, but they didn't get in until 2006, which is ridiculous of course. They pioneered metal and influenced many bands.Tony Iommi is one of the best guitarists ever.
Seems they committee isn't very fond of hard rock or metal in general. Led Zeppelin didn't get in until 1995. See Deep Purple, who's still waiting.
Casey Kasem, please play War Pigs as a long-distance dedication to all the Joni Mitchell fans out there ?
The band has to of had an album or a hit on the charge for 25 years before they’re eligible. Led Zeppelin didn’t start until around 1970. Also I think deep purple may in fact be in. In fact in checking yes they are in.
The band has to of had an album or a hit on the charge for 25 years before they’re eligible. Led Zeppelin didn’t start until around 1970. Also I think deep purple may in fact be in. In fact in checking yes they are in.
Ok good.
Music is so subjective to everybody. I've never been anywhere in my life where someone said "crank up some Joni Mitchell," yet she was inducted in the RRHOF before many of my favorites.
I'm glad the building is here in Cleveland, but I simply can't get on board with many of the acts they inducted.
-
The band has to of had an album or a hit on the charge for 25 years before they’re eligible. Led Zeppelin didn’t start until around 1970. Also I think deep purple may in fact be in. In fact in checking yes they are in.
Ok good.
Music is so subjective to everybody. I've never been anywhere in my life where someone said "crank up some Joni Mitchell," yet she was inducted in the RRHOF before many of my favorites.
I'm glad the building is here in Cleveland, but I simply can't get on board with many of the acts they inducted.
Ok good.
Music is so subjective to everybody. I've never been anywhere in my life where someone said "crank up some Joni Mitchell," yet she was inducted in the RRHOF before many of my favorites.
Deservedly so, perhaps. That goes to the whole genre thing where I guess they spread it out.....I think Joni can be considered a folk act, more or less, yet she is in but Peter, Paul, and Mary are not? (but my wife might tell you that you are wrong about people clamoring for Joni Mitchell. If you were a stringy haired chick that went to college in the 70s...you might do just that)
I'm glad the building is here in Cleveland, but I simply can't get on board with many of the acts they inducted.
Well, as noted, some may not be on board with some of the acts that are your favorites.
But I do get it. In what I think is a similar genre (go ahead....some one of you smartsses tell me I am wrong..these bands are nothing alike. Maybe that is true, but they are from the same era:). Depeche Mode is now in, but Tears for Fears is not? I know tons and tons of good songs by Tears for Fears, but not a one by Depeche Mode.
-
The Monkees
Herman's Hermits
Jan and Dean
Peter Paul and Mary
Pat Benatar
Brian Eno
The Raspberries
Mott the Hoople
Devo
Tears for Fears
Culture Club
Bad Company
Mariah Carey
Al Stewart
Tommy James and the Shondells
-
just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.
-
just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.
just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.
All his songs remind me of JH and H school.
-
just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.
just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.
And a lot of those are songs I really like. Crystal blue persuasion . Crimson and Clover , I think we’re alone now. Etc
-
just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.
All his songs remind me of JH and H school.
All his songs remind me of JH and H school.
Certainly if you are about our age.
-
-
The Monkees
Herman's Hermits
Jan and Dean
Peter Paul and Mary
Pat Benatar
Brian Eno
The Raspberries
Mott the Hoople
Devo
Tears for Fears
Culture Club
Bad Company
Mariah Carey
Al Stewart
Tommy James and the Shondells
The Monkees
Herman's Hermits
Jan and Dean
Peter Paul and Mary
Pat Benatar
Brian Eno
The Raspberries
Mott the Hoople
Devo
Tears for Fears
Culture Club
Bad Company
Mariah Carey
Al Stewart
Tommy James and the Shondells
I see you are a Tears For Fears fan the band Lettuce just re did one or thier songs
very cool
-
-
also OZZY should be in on his own
They got pissed at him years ago after he called 'em out for not inducting Black Sabbath. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-joins-sex-pistols-ozzy-osbourne-in-hall-of-fame-open-letter-club/
Ozzy was right. The greatest heavy metal band and heavy metal influence had to wait until 2006. What a joke.
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
