Skip to content

Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

The Browns Board
59 25 1.7k 1
  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mjp28 said:

    Screenshot_2020-01-27_121920.jpg

    The Altobelli's mom dad and their daughter who was on Gianna"s B Ball team I wonder if she had any siblings ? 

  • Kvoethe gotta Kvoethe. 

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe
    #28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Kvoethe gotta Kvoethe. 

    Stalker gotta stalk

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Kvoethe gotta Kvoethe. 

    Stalker gotta stalk

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #29

    @kvoethe said:

    Stalker gotta stalk

    Stalking implies someone who goes out of their way to follow and watch someone.

    You proudly post your idiotic, douchebag takes for the world to see.

    *their 

  • @kvoethe said:

    Stalker gotta stalk

    Stalking implies someone who goes out of their way to follow and watch someone.

    You proudly post your idiotic, douchebag takes for the world to see.

    *their 

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @dutch-oven said:

    Stalking implies someone who goes out of there way to follow and watch someone.

    You proudly post your idiotic, douchebag takes for the world to see.

    ?

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens? How about Ronnie van zant? Jim Croce? No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."

    No. They don't. 

    Kobe was an all time great. Let people remember him without some snide crap remark. 

    Ok..lets not pretend he was gods gift to athletes...another Ben Rothlesberger who outlived peoples memories...you probably love ray rice too.

    Sad for everyone involved..but i wonder how the woman he assaulted feels?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #31

    @kvoethe said:

    Ok..lets not pretend he was gods gift to athletes...another Ben Rothlesberger who outlived peoples memories...you probably love ray rice too.

    Sad for everyone involved..but i wonder how the woman he assaulted feels?

    I haven't forgotten that K, and FWIW- the victim got paid off- probably handsomely- to drop the charges. The payoff was sealed under court order in a civil suit.  I'll leave you with one of the few things I remember from my Latin class....    "De mortuisti, nihil nisi bonum"  Loosely translated- "Only say good things about someone who's dead"...   

    What's next- I'm glad that rapist went down in flames?  🙁  

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #32

    The Weather Channel had- surprise! A nice detailed look at the weather. As one of the experts said- the odds of a twin engine helicopter having both engines simultaneously fail is about zero. BTW, the pilot was really experienced- Kobe had the bucks to hire the very best. The guy was IFR (instrument flight rules) qualified, and you have to pilot hundreds of hours in the air before you can take the test to get that level. They were supposed to eyeball Route 101 into Thousand Oaks. My theory they got lost in the fog, got off course, and crashed into a hill they didn't see is looking pretty good.  

    https://weather.com/news/news/2020-01-26-nba-star-kobe-bryant-killed-in-calabasas-helicopter-crash

    PS checking Google Maps- their trip from Point A to Point B was around 80 miles, at least a 90 minute drive, 30 minutes or less in the air. Why drive when you can fly?  I heard Kobe had issues spending a lot of time in a car because of injuries. 

  • The Weather Channel had- surprise! A nice detailed look at the weather. As one of the experts said- the odds of a twin engine helicopter having both engines simultaneously fail is about zero. BTW, the pilot was really experienced- Kobe had the bucks to hire the very best. The guy was IFR (instrument flight rules) qualified, and you have to pilot hundreds of hours in the air before you can take the test to get that level. They were supposed to eyeball Route 101 into Thousand Oaks. My theory they got lost in the fog, got off course, and crashed into a hill they didn't see is looking pretty good.  

    https://weather.com/news/news/2020-01-26-nba-star-kobe-bryant-killed-in-calabasas-helicopter-crash

    PS checking Google Maps- their trip from Point A to Point B was around 80 miles, at least a 90 minute drive, 30 minutes or less in the air. Why drive when you can fly?  I heard Kobe had issues spending a lot of time in a car because of injuries. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #33

    @hoorta said:

    https://weather.com/news/news/2020-01-26-nba-star-kobe-bryant-killed-in-calabasas-helicopter-crash

    Larry I'll send this to my two brothers who were IFR qualified pilots (youngest just retired from Net Jets) and a third friend who retired from Southwest a couple of years ago. Should be interesting to get their takes. I'm guessing they all say if you are flying IFR you are not supposed to be "eyeballing" anything but your instruments, which is why they call it instrument flight rules. From WIKI:  "Rules and regulations established by the FAA to govern flight under conditions in which flight by outside visual reference is not safe."

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_flight_rules

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens? How about Ronnie van zant? Jim Croce? No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."

    No. They don't. 

    Kobe was an all time great. Let people remember him without some snide crap remark. 

    Ok..lets not pretend he was gods gift to athletes...another Ben Rothlesberger who outlived peoples memories...you probably love ray rice too.

    Sad for everyone involved..but i wonder how the woman he assaulted feels?

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @kvoethe said:

    Ok..lets not pretend he was gods gift to athletes...

    What the hell are you responding to?  Nowhere in Cysco's post did he say or even imply that.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Here is what my just retired professional pilot brother had to say about the accident. He was a Gulfstream IV pilot (Captain) after several years as a B-52 pilot.

    "Helicopters have slightly different rules. At my company we were required to stay under instruments to the maximum extent possible, even in good weather. It always useful to have an electronic pathway setup under visual conditions, even if just for proper orientation. It helps to avoid landing at the wrong airport or on the wrong runway. And to understand the radio chatter properly, or be able to quickly revert to instruments if asked. We used visual approaches sparingly and certainly not in those conditions. 

         However, helicopters have some unique approaches & departures at many airports. Still, since 80% of accidents are pilot error, I’d lean towards that explanation in this case. Certainly he was trying some iffy stuff.  I never flew under “special visual flight rules” during my entire 42 years. I interpreted “special” as “less safe”. If I recall, my company didn’t let us use that option even when it was legal (nor would I have even if they asked me to). News reports say that’s what he was doing. But it’s too early for a determination."
  • @kvoethe said:

    Ok..lets not pretend he was gods gift to athletes...another Ben Rothlesberger who outlived peoples memories...you probably love ray rice too.

    Sad for everyone involved..but i wonder how the woman he assaulted feels?

    I haven't forgotten that K, and FWIW- the victim got paid off- probably handsomely- to drop the charges. The payoff was sealed under court order in a civil suit.  I'll leave you with one of the few things I remember from my Latin class....    "De mortuisti, nihil nisi bonum"  Loosely translated- "Only say good things about someone who's dead"...   

    What's next- I'm glad that rapist went down in flames?  🙁  

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @hoorta said:

    I haven't forgotten that K, and FWIW- the victim got paid off- probably handsomely- to drop the charges. The payoff was sealed under court order in a civil suit.  I'll leave you with one of the few things I remember from my Latin class....    "De mortuisti, nihil nisi bonum"  Loosely translated- "Only say good things about someone who's dead"...   

    What's next- I'm glad that rapist went down in flames?  🙁  

    What actually happened is she refused to testify in a criminal case and instead filed a civil suit where you can get paid, often just to go away. 

    I don't know, I'm not a woman but if I was and I got raped id want to nail the guy to the wall over it. Not just take a payoff. 

  • @hoorta said:

    I haven't forgotten that K, and FWIW- the victim got paid off- probably handsomely- to drop the charges. The payoff was sealed under court order in a civil suit.  I'll leave you with one of the few things I remember from my Latin class....    "De mortuisti, nihil nisi bonum"  Loosely translated- "Only say good things about someone who's dead"...   

    What's next- I'm glad that rapist went down in flames?  🙁  

    What actually happened is she refused to testify in a criminal case and instead filed a civil suit where you can get paid, often just to go away. 

    I don't know, I'm not a woman but if I was and I got raped id want to nail the guy to the wall over it. Not just take a payoff. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    What actually happened is she refused to testify in a criminal case and instead filed a civil suit where you can get paid, often just to go away. 

    I don't know, I'm not a woman but if I was and I got raped id want to nail the guy to the wall over it. Not just take a payoff. 

    Can you go to court, get a conviction, and then file a civil suit?

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Is Kobe’s death going to be one of those “I remember where I was” moments?

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    What actually happened is she refused to testify in a criminal case and instead filed a civil suit where you can get paid, often just to go away. 

    I don't know, I'm not a woman but if I was and I got raped id want to nail the guy to the wall over it. Not just take a payoff. 

    Can you go to court, get a conviction, and then file a civil suit?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @browns149 said:

    Can you go to court, get a conviction, and then file a civil suit?

    Yes 

  • Is Kobe’s death going to be one of those “I remember where I was” moments?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @browns149 said:

    Is Kobe’s death going to be one of those “I remember where I was” moments?

    No 

  • @browns149 said:

    Is Kobe’s death going to be one of those “I remember where I was” moments?

    No 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @the-gipper said:

    No 

    Ditto that, but from TNN tribute stuff that's on YouTube, Jerry West and Shaq were pretty emotional. Kobe was literally like a son to Jerry. Sir Charles said he was at a movie (and he leaves his phone in the car) turns it on there's a couple hundred missed calls and texts. Something big is happening. 

  • @browns149 said:

    Is Kobe’s death going to be one of those “I remember where I was” moments?

    No 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @the-gipper said:

    No 

    I don’t think it is either. 
     

    I have very few of those. Ironically, the space shuttle blowing up is one of them. And the anniversary was today

  • @the-gipper said:

    No 

    I don’t think it is either. 
     

    I have very few of those. Ironically, the space shuttle blowing up is one of them. And the anniversary was today

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @browns149 said:

    I don’t think it is either. 
     

    I have very few of those. Ironically, the space shuttle blowing up is one of them. And the anniversary was today

    I remember where I was the first time I got laid. ?

  • @kvoethe said:

    Ok..lets not pretend he was gods gift to athletes...another Ben Rothlesberger who outlived peoples memories...you probably love ray rice too.

    Sad for everyone involved..but i wonder how the woman he assaulted feels?

    I haven't forgotten that K, and FWIW- the victim got paid off- probably handsomely- to drop the charges. The payoff was sealed under court order in a civil suit.  I'll leave you with one of the few things I remember from my Latin class....    "De mortuisti, nihil nisi bonum"  Loosely translated- "Only say good things about someone who's dead"...   

    What's next- I'm glad that rapist went down in flames?  🙁  

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @hoorta said:

    I haven't forgotten that K, and FWIW- the victim got paid off- probably handsomely- to drop the charges. The payoff was sealed under court order in a civil suit.  I'll leave you with one of the few things I remember from my Latin class....    "De mortuisti, nihil nisi bonum"  Loosely translated- "Only say good things about someone who's dead"...   

    What's next- I'm glad that rapist went down in flames?  🙁  

    I hear you, Hoorta. Agree. 

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #45

     I have never seen something more evil on this planet than the media. Leave it to the media to make a spectacle out the death of Kobe Bryant and the others involved. All up in players faces asking them questions about somebody that they held dearly and just a few hours after they found out he was killed.

    These media people are some evil motherfuckers.

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    As everyone can tell from my profile I am a Lakers fan, and Kobe was my guy. 

    For one, now is NOT the time to be bringing up what may or may not have happened in Colorado. People are mourning, and not just because of Kobe, but also his 13 year old daughter and 7 others. And this board isn't the only place that this is being brought up. It is not right for him family and friends to have to hear about that at a time like this. 

    As for the subject of Colorado, he wasn't convicted, and nobody here knows what really happened. You can make assumptions just like someone on the other side can, but using a settlement to prove something proves nothing. For all anyone knows the money was given to not have to put his family through any more, or himself. 

    None of that is to say that he is innocent (because as I stated I don't know), but he certainly wouldn't be the 1st or last person wrongfully accused. And it certainly doesn't change the fact that if it were consensual that it was still wrong. But I am sure that nobody here would want their families business being discussed within 24 hrs of death.