Skip to content

Browns To Announce Berry as GM

The Browns Board
169 34 4.9k 1
  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    Here's the transcript of Berry's introductory press conference...  I can read faster than he can talk... It's not going to be all analytics folks....  

    "Now listen – I want to make this very clear because I know a lot has been rumored and said about this topic – we will be a scouting-centered front office because I have always believed and I continue to believe scouting to be the lifeblood of roster building in the NFL. We also are going to incorporate information, research and insights into our decision making." 

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/02/andrew-berry-discusses-his-new-role-as-browns-gm-at-introductory-press-conference-transcript.html

  • Here's the transcript of Berry's introductory press conference...  I can read faster than he can talk... It's not going to be all analytics folks....  

    "Now listen – I want to make this very clear because I know a lot has been rumored and said about this topic – we will be a scouting-centered front office because I have always believed and I continue to believe scouting to be the lifeblood of roster building in the NFL. We also are going to incorporate information, research and insights into our decision making." 

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/02/andrew-berry-discusses-his-new-role-as-browns-gm-at-introductory-press-conference-transcript.html

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    "Now listen – I want to make this very clear because I know a lot has been rumored and said about this topic – we will be a scouting-centered front office because I have always believed and I continue to believe scouting to be the lifeblood of roster building in the NFL. We also are going to incorporate information, research and insights into our decision making." 

    THAT was the best part of his presser, for me anyway.

  • @hoorta said:

    "Now listen – I want to make this very clear because I know a lot has been rumored and said about this topic – we will be a scouting-centered front office because I have always believed and I continue to believe scouting to be the lifeblood of roster building in the NFL. We also are going to incorporate information, research and insights into our decision making." 

    THAT was the best part of his presser, for me anyway.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    THAT was the best part of his presser, for me anyway.

    If true that's the best part.  All coaches and GMs have been around long enough that they know what to say.  It is about if they can (or do) actually execute what they are saying.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    Dude is well scripted. 

  • @orion said:

    THAT was the best part of his presser, for me anyway.

    If true that's the best part.  All coaches and GMs have been around long enough that they know what to say.  It is about if they can (or do) actually execute what they are saying.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @bjh2130 said:

    All coaches and GMs have been around long enough

    umm...he's only 32 years old.  He ain't even been alive all that long.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    It was never going to be "all analytics".

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    Sigh. All they've done is rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nothing more. 

  • It was never going to be "all analytics".

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @tour2ma said:

    It was never going to be "all analytics".

    Everyone knows that.  But it is real high tech stuff.

    517NR3A6KrL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

  • Sigh. All they've done is rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nothing more. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Sigh. All they've done is rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nothing more. 

    Can't go that far yet, but I understand the sentiment.

    My two hopes are:

    1. Stef has the leadership chops to be a HC. Indications out of MN are good.
    2. Behind the scenes Berry was consistently "righter" about player moves during his three-year tenure here than the collection wisdom in the building.
  • Sigh. All they've done is rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nothing more. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Sigh. All they've done is rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nothing more. 

    This is a tired analogy. Sure, first time l read it l thought it was witty. I’m sure there are plenty of other things that could have been rearranged on the Titanic. Silverware drawers, linen cabinets, Leonardo DiCaprio's.

  • @icecube said:

    Sigh. All they've done is rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. Nothing more. 

    Can't go that far yet, but I understand the sentiment.

    My two hopes are:

    1. Stef has the leadership chops to be a HC. Indications out of MN are good.
    2. Behind the scenes Berry was consistently "righter" about player moves during his three-year tenure here than the collection wisdom in the building.
    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Can't go that far yet, but I understand the sentiment.

    My two hopes are:

    1. Stef has the leadership chops to be a HC. Indications out of MN are good.
    2. Behind the scenes Berry was consistently "righter" about player moves during his three-year tenure here than the collection wisdom in the building.

    Can Stef traverse all the craziness and be a conductor to make it work? Well, it's gotta be an improvement over last year, right? Baker matured some, Cluster f---k Freddie gone.