Myles Garrett Reinstated
-
If you do not think this happens all the time....there are people in prison who are there because of this sort of circumstantial evidence.
Shit, the inmates have been right all along, there really are loads of innocent people in prison.
Shit, the inmates have been right all along, there really are loads of innocent people in prison.
Not necessarily. A judge/jury found the guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There may be more to some criminal case than there was here.
I agree that in a criminal court of law, you could not likely find Rudolph guilty. On the other hand, if Rudolph thinks that he could try to Garrett responsible for some civil damages, as he is spewing about, he has his head where the sun don't shine......as I believe that the lawyer who is threatening that is just doing a shine job on Rudolph.
-
-
"They"...meaning Us? So...let's close the thread if that is what you want.
Are your comphrehension skills gone old man?.. I meant Garrett and whomever else is involved...
-
No other Browns player heard it. No Steeler player heard it. No white player heard it. No other BLACK players heard it. No Hispanic player heard it. Steeler black coach goes public defending his white QB (who sucks as a QB)
Myles should have responded like this when that complete STRANGER pimp SLAPPED HIM in his vehicle that day.
It happened. Just because no one heard what was said by two people who were face to face doesn't mean it didn't happen.
It happened. Just because no one heard what was said by two people who were face to face doesn't mean it didn't happen.
There's also the possibility Rudolf could have whispered it in Myles ear.
-
@gorka said:
It's highly likely he did say something, but highly unlikely it was the N word.
What?
-
No other Browns player heard it. No Steeler player heard it. No white player heard it. No other BLACK players heard it. No Hispanic player heard it. Steeler black coach goes public defending his white QB (who sucks as a QB)
Myles should have responded like this when that complete STRANGER pimp SLAPPED HIM in his vehicle that day.
No other Browns player heard it. No Steeler player heard it. No white player heard it. No other BLACK players heard it. No Hispanic player heard it. Steeler black coach goes public defending his white QB (who sucks as a QB)
Myles should have responded like this when that complete STRANGER pimp SLAPPED HIM in his vehicle that day.
The NFL could not find anyone to corroborate Myle's lie. They also stated that they looked a every camera angle available. I suppose they attempted to read Rudolphs lips.
-
Lol...true it doesn't mean he didn't use the word, but that does not constitute my logic as being twisted in the least.
There is one fact about this incident that cannot be refuted. No player on either team heard Rudolf saying anything racist. The behavior of both players as described was only meant to help to support that fact, not prove it.
There is the twisted logic. Actually quite the opposite is true actions seem more to support the fact that Rudolph said something.
There is the twisted logic. Actually quite the opposite is true actions seem more to support the fact that Rudolph said something.
No it isn't. What you just stated is an example of twisted logic.
Myles actions soundly support that Rudolf DID something, not that he said something... how about like kicking Myles in the groin while trying to PULL HIS HELMET OFF?...after which Myles retaliated by yanking Rudolph's off.
Dismissing the obvious while trying to sell us the idea that it was a racial slur that fueled the ruckus, coupled with the fact no one heard anything is pretty twisted there Gipper.
-
-
After the game, Garrett said that Rudolph used the 'N' word. - In for a penny, in for a pound. Just because some tmz interviewer asked him again 4 months later, he wasn't gonna say, 'Nah, I made that up.' Whether he DID make it up or not.
It certainly is possible that nobody else heard it said. While the two guys were on the ground and Mason was trying to rip Garrett's helmet off would've been the 'heat of the moment' time that it would've been said.
Garrett seems like an awfully nice guy, though I obviously do not know him. I'm going to believe him.
What we have is a He said She said thing here. (ok, he said, he said) We're never going to know unless the liar comes clean. And I certainly wouldn't want some judge who thinks he posses divine powers to start dreaming up ways why HE knows who said what!
-
-
OK- I've had it- any more off topic name calling, and guys are going to start getting penalty points and kiddie timeouts. Grow the hell up, I want to see some semi intelligent discussion- and this thread has devolved into some schoolyard taunting for the most part. I don't give a rat's ass who started it.
That means you Dutch and Gorka. Take that crap over to the poli board.
OK- I've had it- any more off topic name calling, and guys are going to start getting penalty points and kiddie timeouts. Grow the hell up, I want to see some semi intelligent discussion- and this thread has devolved into some schoolyard taunting for the most part. I don't give a rat's ass who started it.
Well, you should give a rats ass who starts it. And I know that you know who usually does.
Other than retaliation the recipient of name calling/taunting has two choices, either shut up and take it or squeal to the moderators. Which do you prefer he does?
You're not a moderator, what would you do?
.
-
It was loud enough...
It was my incredulity at your ability to divine degrees of likelihood spilling out.
What the fuck are you babbling about now?
The concept of likelihood/ unlikelihood is always derived from facts. The fact that no one heard him use a racial slur, coupled with the fact that Rudolf has never been known to display racist behavior. Plus the fact that he had played with blacks all his life, and the fact that this wasn't the first time he had been sacked by a black man. Therefore it would have been unlikely for a guy like Rudulof to have used the N word.
Why do you have a problem with that?
-
"They"...meaning Us? So...let's close the thread if that is what you want.
Are your comphrehension skills gone old man?.. I meant Garrett and whomever else is involved...
-
No other Browns player heard it. No Steeler player heard it. No white player heard it. No other BLACK players heard it. No Hispanic player heard it. Steeler black coach goes public defending his white QB (who sucks as a QB)
Myles should have responded like this when that complete STRANGER pimp SLAPPED HIM in his vehicle that day.
The NFL could not find anyone to corroborate Myle's lie. They also stated that they looked a every camera angle available. I suppose they attempted to read Rudolphs lips.
-
After the game, Garrett said that Rudolph used the 'N' word. - In for a penny, in for a pound. Just because some tmz interviewer asked him again 4 months later, he wasn't gonna say, 'Nah, I made that up.' Whether he DID make it up or not.
It certainly is possible that nobody else heard it said. While the two guys were on the ground and Mason was trying to rip Garrett's helmet off would've been the 'heat of the moment' time that it would've been said.
Garrett seems like an awfully nice guy, though I obviously do not know him. I'm going to believe him.
What we have is a He said She said thing here. (ok, he said, he said) We're never going to know unless the liar comes clean. And I certainly wouldn't want some judge who thinks he posses divine powers to start dreaming up ways why HE knows who said what!
After the game, Garrett said that Rudolph used the 'N' word. - In for a penny, in for a pound. Just because some tmz interviewer asked him again 4 months later, he wasn't gonna say, 'Nah, I made that up.' Whether he DID make it up or not.
It certainly is possible that nobody else heard it said. While the two guys were on the ground and Mason was trying to rip Garrett's helmet off would've been the 'heat of the moment' time that it would've been said.
Garrett seems like an awfully nice guy, though I obviously do not know him. I'm going to believe him.
What we have is a He said She said thing here. (ok, he said, he said) We're never going to know unless the liar comes clean. And I certainly wouldn't want some judge who thinks he posses divine powers to start dreaming up ways why HE knows who said what!
Well....that is not how it works. I agree that this should never be placed in the hands of a judge.....but IF for some reason it were....If he/she were obligated to make a decision on it (which is what judges are obligated to do).....it is not divine powers....it is the application of those principles I outlined some above. If it were placed in the hands of a judge.....then it would be like some of those replays: insufficient (visual or otherwise)...evidence to make a ruling. That is why Rudolph would be an asshat to actually try to bring an action on this matter. It would just be his way of grandstanding. A nobody (or at least...just a 3rd stringer) wanting to keep his name in the news.
-
It was loud enough...
It was my incredulity at your ability to divine degrees of likelihood spilling out.
What the fuck are you babbling about now?
The concept of likelihood/ unlikelihood is always derived from facts. The fact that no one heard him use a racial slur, coupled with the fact that Rudolf has never been known to display racist behavior. Plus the fact that he had played with blacks all his life, and the fact that this wasn't the first time he had been sacked by a black man. Therefore it would have been unlikely for a guy like Rudulof to have used the N word.
Why do you have a problem with that?
What the fuck are you babbling about now?
The concept of likelihood/ unlikelihood is always derived from facts. The fact that no one heard him use a racial slur, coupled with the fact that Rudolf has never been known to display racist behavior. Plus the fact that he had played with blacks all his life, and the fact that this wasn't the first time he had been sacked by a black man. Therefore it would have been unlikely for a guy like Rudulof to have used the N word.
Why do you have a problem with that?
Fair arguments....but then all those same arguments apply to the counter case. You have no better of a case at calling Garrett a liar than anyone has at calling Rudolph a liar.
On the other hand you DO have a reputation on here of exhibiting racist behavior, and of excusing racist behavior. Ergo, simply by you being the person to make his argument taints that argument.
-
-
OK- I've had it- any more off topic name calling, and guys are going to start getting penalty points and kiddie timeouts. Grow the hell up, I want to see some semi intelligent discussion- and this thread has devolved into some schoolyard taunting for the most part. I don't give a rat's ass who started it.
Well, you should give a rats ass who starts it. And I know that you know who usually does.
Other than retaliation the recipient of name calling/taunting has two choices, either shut up and take it or squeal to the moderators. Which do you prefer he does?
You're not a moderator, what would you do?
.
Well, you should give a rats ass who starts it. And I know that you know who usually does.
Other than retaliation the recipient of name calling/taunting has two choices, either shut up and take it or squeal to the moderators. Which do you prefer he does?
You're not a moderator, what would you do?
.
Wah, wah, wah he started it. Go back to the Poli board and call him whatever name you want to.
FWIW, in case you don't know, me and Zombo ARE the primary Moderators on the Browns Forum, and I run one hell of a lot tighter ship than Steve does on the Poli board. So kindly keep politics separated from football. I take a damn dim view of off topic personal attacks, when you stoop to that level, you've already lost the argument.
Both of you can can the crap, or I'll kick both of you off for a week. GOT IT?
You're all butthurt, aw gee Dutch is baiting you? I already deleted one of Dutch's posts. So boo hoo. He's on the same zero tolerance alert. So Suck it up, and grow up.
-
I think that Mason could easily have whispered him to his ear and no mic in the world would have picked it up, even less the players around, simply because those helmets are heavy and they make a lot of sound when clashing each other. They're moving the whole time, breathing heavily... I'm no sound engineer but there's a lot of noise and movement to get a irrefutable proof out of that.
I never understood the argument "why did nobody hear it?" because being head to head wearing helmets is pretty easy to get something like that without nobody hearing it.
I'd say that though I kind of believe Myles - it was out of character for him, calm guy, you almost don't win anything mentioning it because there's no proof...- it's a "he said, he said" case like Orion said.
NFL hasn't made a statement in either direction, but I'd say that there must be a hint of doubt or something. Some of the homers here will go ballistic, but 6 games aren't that much of a penalty for a player that hit another one witha 6lb helmet in the f***ing head. He could have killed him. Period. I expected him being suspended some games this year, and him being reinstated now means to me that at least there's some truth to what Myles said.
Him mentioning it now again is something that will happen over and over. Journalist HAS to ask for it, as it was part of the story, and he has to be true to his words. Anyway, as nothing can be proved, I would prefer him saying that "he already said what he had to say" and try to move on. We are getting nowhere with this.
-
I think that Mason could easily have whispered him to his ear and no mic in the world would have picked it up, even less the players around, simply because those helmets are heavy and they make a lot of sound when clashing each other. They're moving the whole time, breathing heavily... I'm no sound engineer but there's a lot of noise and movement to get a irrefutable proof out of that.
I never understood the argument "why did nobody hear it?" because being head to head wearing helmets is pretty easy to get something like that without nobody hearing it.
I'd say that though I kind of believe Myles - it was out of character for him, calm guy, you almost don't win anything mentioning it because there's no proof...- it's a "he said, he said" case like Orion said.
NFL hasn't made a statement in either direction, but I'd say that there must be a hint of doubt or something. Some of the homers here will go ballistic, but 6 games aren't that much of a penalty for a player that hit another one witha 6lb helmet in the f***ing head. He could have killed him. Period. I expected him being suspended some games this year, and him being reinstated now means to me that at least there's some truth to what Myles said.
Him mentioning it now again is something that will happen over and over. Journalist HAS to ask for it, as it was part of the story, and he has to be true to his words. Anyway, as nothing can be proved, I would prefer him saying that "he already said what he had to say" and try to move on. We are getting nowhere with this.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

