Skip to content

The Browns Hire Asshat Grigson Back As Consultant!

The Browns Board
70 14 1.7k 1
  • @ballpeen said:

    Sorry man.  Haslam isn't a idiot.  It is also a very different situation then 3-4 years ago.

    We were in draft asset accumulation mode.  We aren't there today.  Everybody knows we have a better team than our record shows.  Had the Boob Dorsey not hired the Boob Kitchens, we might have been a playoff team last year.  But....Doofus wanted a yes man and hired a guy way out of his class....and I like Freddie.  Freddie isn't a head coach.  Freddie is a damn good assistant coach who is going to make a very nice living for as long as he wants.  He knows how to coach the positions on O, and he is a likeable guy.  People will listen to him, but he isn't a manager, and at head coach, you have to be a skilled manager.

    Dorsey is kind of the opposite.  He is a good manager, but nobody who works with him, likes him.  Asshole probably best describes his management style.

    So if we were in a draft accumulation mode last time these people were here, why hire them now? We need people that know how to win, not tear a team down and rebuild it

    While I agree Freddie is not a head coach, who knows if Stafaski is either? Just because people say he will be doesn’t make it so. See Huey

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #19

    @browns149 said:

    So if we were in a draft accumulation mode last time these people were here, why hire them now? We need people that know how to win, not tear a team down and rebuild it

    While I agree Freddie is not a head coach, who knows if Stafaski is either? Just because people say he will be doesn’t make it so. See Huey

    We don't know if Stefanski is a head coach.  That is the question we will have to let play out.

    I guess my answer to the other question is we didn't allow those who had to take apart, rebuild.

    We don't know if they can't, right?  You can't rebuild and tear down at the same time.  Plus, Hue was really bad at head coach..  We could have won more games than we did.

  • @browns149 said:

    So if we were in a draft accumulation mode last time these people were here, why hire them now? We need people that know how to win, not tear a team down and rebuild it

    While I agree Freddie is not a head coach, who knows if Stafaski is either? Just because people say he will be doesn’t make it so. See Huey

    We don't know if Stefanski is a head coach.  That is the question we will have to let play out.

    I guess my answer to the other question is we didn't allow those who had to take apart, rebuild.

    We don't know if they can't, right?  You can't rebuild and tear down at the same time.  Plus, Hue was really bad at head coach..  We could have won more games than we did.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @ballpeen said:

    We don't know if Stefanski is a head coach.  That is the question we will have to let play out.

    I guess my answer to the other question is we didn't allow those who had to take apart, rebuild.

    We don't know if they can't, right?  You can't rebuild and tear down at the same time.  Plus, Hue was really bad at head coach..  We could have won more games than we did.

    The 2 drafts that these people did have were TERRIBLE. 

  • @ballpeen said:

    We don't know if Stefanski is a head coach.  That is the question we will have to let play out.

    I guess my answer to the other question is we didn't allow those who had to take apart, rebuild.

    We don't know if they can't, right?  You can't rebuild and tear down at the same time.  Plus, Hue was really bad at head coach..  We could have won more games than we did.

    The 2 drafts that these people did have were TERRIBLE. 

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I might disagree.  I might also add that with all the Picks Jon had, they weren't all that good.

    @browns149 said:

    The 2 drafts that these people did have were TERRIBLE. 

  • I might disagree.  I might also add that with all the Picks Jon had, they weren't all that good.

    @browns149 said:

    The 2 drafts that these people did have were TERRIBLE. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @ballpeen said:

    I might disagree.  I might also add that with all the Picks Jon had, they weren't all that good.

    We will just have to disagree.
     

    But I’m of the opinion that more Browns fans are very skeptical of this garbage then except what they are doing is going to work

  • @ballpeen said:

    I might disagree.  I might also add that with all the Picks Jon had, they weren't all that good.

    We will just have to disagree.
     

    But I’m of the opinion that more Browns fans are very skeptical of this garbage then except what they are doing is going to work

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #23

    @browns149 said:

    We will just have to disagree.
     

    But I’m of the opinion that more Browns fans are very skeptical of this garbage then except what they are doing is going to work

    Cool.  I respect other opinions.  I know we have never talked that I can recall other than lately.  I am a come and go poster.  I have been here a good while.  I am friends with many of the Mods and others.  They might disagree with some of my opinions, but they know I am a true fan and a fun guy to have at the tailgate.

    Any who want to vouch are welcomed.  Heck, when I first met Westside Steve, the SOB reached out a kissed me on the lips.  Still not sure how I feel about that.   LOL

  • @browns149 said:

    We will just have to disagree.
     

    But I’m of the opinion that more Browns fans are very skeptical of this garbage then except what they are doing is going to work

    Cool.  I respect other opinions.  I know we have never talked that I can recall other than lately.  I am a come and go poster.  I have been here a good while.  I am friends with many of the Mods and others.  They might disagree with some of my opinions, but they know I am a true fan and a fun guy to have at the tailgate.

    Any who want to vouch are welcomed.  Heck, when I first met Westside Steve, the SOB reached out a kissed me on the lips.  Still not sure how I feel about that.   LOL

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @ballpeen said:

    Cool.  I respect other opinions.  I know we have never talked that I can recall other than lately.  I am a come and go poster.  I have been here a good while.  I am friends with many of the Mods and others.  They might disagree with some of my opinions, but they know I am a true fan and a fun guy to have at the tailgate.

    Any who want to vouch are welcomed.  Heck, when I first met Westside Steve, the SOB reached out a kissed me on the lips.  Still not sure how I feel about that.   LOL

    So...you didn't have your Gaydar activated?  Now you know what I have been putting up with since 1967.  😮

  • The Browns Hire Asshat Grigson Back As Consultant!

    That's absolutely brilliant!   When you don't know what to do, you consult with Grigson and do the opposite.  Simple!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @orion said:

    The Browns Hire Asshat Grigson Back As Consultant!

    That's absolutely brilliant!   When you don't know what to do, you consult with Grigson and do the opposite.  Simple!

    Saw this blurb on USA Today.  We can only hope this is the case....  

    "The exact nature of Grigson’s role is unknown. He does have GM experience and knows Berry, so he could have value as a sounding board and mentor for the precocious new head of the Browns operations. Based on his career as a talent evaluator, Grigson probably shouldn’t have much to do with actual scouting or decision-making."

    He's only going to be one voice in the room anyway when it comes to talent evaluation- I'm sure everyone else there is well aware of the Trent Richardson fiasco, and him forgetting a decent OL was a good idea, instead of sending Andrew Luck into early retirement. 

  • Who knows if that is what will happen.   Maybe they/we will all get lucky and have a repeat of the Steelers 1974 draft.

    OK, trivia question:   what is it about the Steelers 1974 draft that makes me say that?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

    Who knows if that is what will happen.   Maybe they/we will all get lucky and have a repeat of the Steelers 1974 draft.

    OK, trivia question:   what is it about the Steelers 1974 draft that makes me say that?

    It was good? 

  • @orion said:

    The Browns Hire Asshat Grigson Back As Consultant!

    That's absolutely brilliant!   When you don't know what to do, you consult with Grigson and do the opposite.  Simple!

    Saw this blurb on USA Today.  We can only hope this is the case....  

    "The exact nature of Grigson’s role is unknown. He does have GM experience and knows Berry, so he could have value as a sounding board and mentor for the precocious new head of the Browns operations. Based on his career as a talent evaluator, Grigson probably shouldn’t have much to do with actual scouting or decision-making."

    He's only going to be one voice in the room anyway when it comes to talent evaluation- I'm sure everyone else there is well aware of the Trent Richardson fiasco, and him forgetting a decent OL was a good idea, instead of sending Andrew Luck into early retirement. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #27

    @hoorta said:

    Based on his career as a talent evaluator, Grigson probably shouldn’t have much to do with actual scouting or decision-making."

    Basically, I'm having less and less faith in our new front office. 

    After Richardson had floundered for a year in Indy Grigson said that he would absolutely make the trade all over again.  And when news of Berry (part of our 1-31 gang) agreeing to be our GM broke, the Eagles couldn't drive him to the airport fast enough. (I forget which media person reported that on 92 The Fan  -  Chris SomethingOrOther)

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who knows if that is what will happen.   Maybe they/we will all get lucky and have a repeat of the Steelers 1974 draft.

    OK, trivia question:   what is it about the Steelers 1974 draft that makes me say that?

    It was good? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @dutch-oven said:

    It was good? 

    You tell us 

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Nick, I take it with all the laughing replies, I can now call you the Joker?

    How about a honest conversation...you know, man to man?   I assume you have had a few of those in your day.

  • @hoorta said:

    Based on his career as a talent evaluator, Grigson probably shouldn’t have much to do with actual scouting or decision-making."

    Basically, I'm having less and less faith in our new front office. 

    After Richardson had floundered for a year in Indy Grigson said that he would absolutely make the trade all over again.  And when news of Berry (part of our 1-31 gang) agreeing to be our GM broke, the Eagles couldn't drive him to the airport fast enough. (I forget which media person reported that on 92 The Fan  -  Chris SomethingOrOther)

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @orion said:

    Basically, I'm having less and less faith in our new front office. 

    After Richardson had floundered for a year in Indy Grigson said that he would absolutely make the trade all over again.  And when news of Berry (part of our 1-31 gang) agreeing to be our GM broke, the Eagles couldn't drive him to the airport fast enough. (I forget which media person reported that on 92 The Fan  -  Chris SomethingOrOther)

    Beyond a doubt- this sort of stuff seriously concerns me.  

    Regarding Betelguese going supernova in our lifetime, it would be quite a show. Might be visible in the daytime? Get real- easily visible in the daytime, even in the summer with the sun close by. Some estimates say as bright as the full moon, but still a relative pinpoint of light. The one thing missing on my lifetime Astronomy resume. We're overdue for a supernova in our galaxy. The last, Tycho's star- was over 500 years ago. Two bright comets- Hyakutake and Hale-Bopp, and three total solar eclipses. Well, that and if we have another Leonid meteor shower like back in the 1800s.  They were coming down so fast they couldn't be counted. Eyewitnesses said it looked like it was  a major snowstorm coming out of the sky. 

  • @orion said:

    The Browns Hire Asshat Grigson Back As Consultant!

    That's absolutely brilliant!   When you don't know what to do, you consult with Grigson and do the opposite.  Simple!

    Saw this blurb on USA Today.  We can only hope this is the case....  

    "The exact nature of Grigson’s role is unknown. He does have GM experience and knows Berry, so he could have value as a sounding board and mentor for the precocious new head of the Browns operations. Based on his career as a talent evaluator, Grigson probably shouldn’t have much to do with actual scouting or decision-making."

    He's only going to be one voice in the room anyway when it comes to talent evaluation- I'm sure everyone else there is well aware of the Trent Richardson fiasco, and him forgetting a decent OL was a good idea, instead of sending Andrew Luck into early retirement. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @hoorta said:

     "The exact nature of Grigson’s role is unknown. He does have GM experience and knows Berry, so he could have value as a sounding board and mentor for the precocious new head of the Browns operations. Based on his career as a talent evaluator, Grigson probably shouldn’t have much to do with actual scouting or decision-making."

    He's only going to be one voice in the room anyway when it comes to talent evaluation- I'm sure everyone else there is well aware of the Trent Richardson fiasco, and him forgetting a decent OL was a good idea, instead of sending Andrew Luck into early retirement. 

    aka 'another voice in the room'.. I listened to a Joe Schobert interview yesterday on nfl radio..joe has 2 daughters & expecting a 3rd any day now. gender they never know. He spoke like the browns were already in his past. Still works out in facility, but said Berry is scrambling getting staffs set-up but has been in contact with Joe's agent.. I say this, to say this..

    As we all know this time of year, we will certainly get nothing much from a GM on their future plans.. GM's have to be more careful leaking talks to players agents. But they happen & some on purpose & Eliot Wolfe was JD's right hand man at this... kinda leads me to why a person like Grigson was maybe needed now by Berry? If your a few million short on getting Schobert signed? How could Berry get any straight answers from that same agent on any of his other LB's that are possibly available & real cost? am not saying Grigson was the right guy by no means, but am guessing Grigson still knows most these agents to get some FA & pro personal leads.. Sounds to me, Berry has had a full plate & knows the Combine is where Deals illegally get done.. or lots just don't.. we shall see.. and btw, Happy Valentines Day Gents...Now go play Cupid  ?   

  • @hoorta said:

     "The exact nature of Grigson’s role is unknown. He does have GM experience and knows Berry, so he could have value as a sounding board and mentor for the precocious new head of the Browns operations. Based on his career as a talent evaluator, Grigson probably shouldn’t have much to do with actual scouting or decision-making."

    He's only going to be one voice in the room anyway when it comes to talent evaluation- I'm sure everyone else there is well aware of the Trent Richardson fiasco, and him forgetting a decent OL was a good idea, instead of sending Andrew Luck into early retirement. 

    aka 'another voice in the room'.. I listened to a Joe Schobert interview yesterday on nfl radio..joe has 2 daughters & expecting a 3rd any day now. gender they never know. He spoke like the browns were already in his past. Still works out in facility, but said Berry is scrambling getting staffs set-up but has been in contact with Joe's agent.. I say this, to say this..

    As we all know this time of year, we will certainly get nothing much from a GM on their future plans.. GM's have to be more careful leaking talks to players agents. But they happen & some on purpose & Eliot Wolfe was JD's right hand man at this... kinda leads me to why a person like Grigson was maybe needed now by Berry? If your a few million short on getting Schobert signed? How could Berry get any straight answers from that same agent on any of his other LB's that are possibly available & real cost? am not saying Grigson was the right guy by no means, but am guessing Grigson still knows most these agents to get some FA & pro personal leads.. Sounds to me, Berry has had a full plate & knows the Combine is where Deals illegally get done.. or lots just don't.. we shall see.. and btw, Happy Valentines Day Gents...Now go play Cupid  ?   

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #32

    @gumby73 said:

    aka 'another voice in the room'.. I listened to a Joe Schobert interview yesterday on nfl radio..joe has 2 daughters & expecting a 3rd any day now. gender they never know. He spoke like the browns were already in his past. Still works out in facility, but said Berry is scrambling getting staffs set-up but has been in contact with Joe's agent.. I say this, to say this..

    As we all know this time of year, we will certainly get nothing much from a GM on their future plans.. GM's have to be more careful leaking talks to players agents. But they happen & some on purpose & Eliot Wolfe was JD's right hand man at this... kinda leads me to why a person like Grigson was maybe needed now by Berry? If your a few million short on getting Schobert signed? How could Berry get any straight answers from that same agent on any of his other LB's that are possibly available & real cost? am not saying Grigson was the right guy by no means, but am guessing Grigson still knows most these agents to get some FA & pro personal leads.. Sounds to me, Berry has had a full plate & knows the Combine is where Deals illegally get done.. or lots just don't.. we shall see.. and btw, Happy Valentines Day Gents...Now go play Cupid  ?   

    You're right Gum. We really don't know what Grigson will be doing or what strengths of his may be utilized & how, so I'll just take a wait & see on all these happenings.

    Mike

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It was good? 

    You tell us 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    You tell us 

    Not for free.

    To read about my analysis of the Steelers 1974 NFL Draft, I needs to get paid.

    $3.50 sounds about right. 

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @the-gipper said:

    I’ll take that as meaning that you don’t have a clue about the answer 

    Well I do so- kindly STFU.   Mr. Knowitall.....  Post deleted...  

  • @orion said:

    Basically, I'm having less and less faith in our new front office. 

    After Richardson had floundered for a year in Indy Grigson said that he would absolutely make the trade all over again.  And when news of Berry (part of our 1-31 gang) agreeing to be our GM broke, the Eagles couldn't drive him to the airport fast enough. (I forget which media person reported that on 92 The Fan  -  Chris SomethingOrOther)

    Beyond a doubt- this sort of stuff seriously concerns me.  

    Regarding Betelguese going supernova in our lifetime, it would be quite a show. Might be visible in the daytime? Get real- easily visible in the daytime, even in the summer with the sun close by. Some estimates say as bright as the full moon, but still a relative pinpoint of light. The one thing missing on my lifetime Astronomy resume. We're overdue for a supernova in our galaxy. The last, Tycho's star- was over 500 years ago. Two bright comets- Hyakutake and Hale-Bopp, and three total solar eclipses. Well, that and if we have another Leonid meteor shower like back in the 1800s.  They were coming down so fast they couldn't be counted. Eyewitnesses said it looked like it was  a major snowstorm coming out of the sky. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #35

    @hoorta said:

    Regarding Betelguese going supernova in our lifetime, it would be quite a show. Might be visible in the daytime? Get real- easily visible in the daytime, even in the summer with the sun close by. Some estimates say as bright as the full moon, but still a relative pinpoint of light. The one thing missing on my lifetime Astronomy resume. We're overdue for a supernova in our galaxy. The last, Tycho's star- was over 500 years ago. Two bright comets- Hyakutake and Hale-Bopp, and three total solar eclipses. Well, that and if we have another Leonid meteor shower like back in the 1800s.  They were coming down so fast they couldn't be counted. Eyewitnesses said it looked like it was  a major snowstorm coming out of the sky. 

    I read of the Leonids back then.  Three doctors went on a camping tips (I wanna say upstate NY).  One of 'em had to get up in the middle of the night to take a leak (naturally, right) and he noticed the tent seemed to be oddly glowing.  He went outside and saw that amazing spectacle.   He woke the other two and they all watched it.  (that can happen on 33 year cycles I believe, when the head of the comet is coming by and you're in the right spot on the globe)  -  They went into the town the next day and the townspeople were quite confused and somewhat frightened.  So they explained what it was.

    When my son was young his friend happened to have a sleep over at our house, on a Saturday, the night of the Leonids, and it was clear.  So I set up reclining lawn chairs outside and around midnight we went out there with blankets (sleeping bags) and watched.  I pointed to show them Jupiter and just when they looked, a streak went right by Jupiter (the first one they ever saw)!   And shortly after my son's friend pointed and said "Look!"  -  It was an earth grazer blazing across the sky.  Way cool!   Best meteor I've ever seen.

    As for Betelgeuse, supposedly it's not gonna be going supernova in our lifetime.  Perhaps not for another hundred thousand years.  But it IS acting quite strange...dimming more this time than in recorded history...so there's an outside chance.  It would be beyond great if it did go boom.  But remember, the constellation of Orion would never look the same.  Eventually, (a few months?) Orion's right shoulder would be gone to the naked eye.  - Would we have to say that the scorpion did it?  🙂

    What am I doing up at 2:15 in the morning you ask?  My band played a show until 12:35am.  My ears are still ringing and I'm wide awake.  ( we're too old now for late shows like this )  🙂

    ...now back to your regularly scheduled Browns stuff.  Go Browns!

  • @hoorta said:

    Regarding Betelguese going supernova in our lifetime, it would be quite a show. Might be visible in the daytime? Get real- easily visible in the daytime, even in the summer with the sun close by. Some estimates say as bright as the full moon, but still a relative pinpoint of light. The one thing missing on my lifetime Astronomy resume. We're overdue for a supernova in our galaxy. The last, Tycho's star- was over 500 years ago. Two bright comets- Hyakutake and Hale-Bopp, and three total solar eclipses. Well, that and if we have another Leonid meteor shower like back in the 1800s.  They were coming down so fast they couldn't be counted. Eyewitnesses said it looked like it was  a major snowstorm coming out of the sky. 

    I read of the Leonids back then.  Three doctors went on a camping tips (I wanna say upstate NY).  One of 'em had to get up in the middle of the night to take a leak (naturally, right) and he noticed the tent seemed to be oddly glowing.  He went outside and saw that amazing spectacle.   He woke the other two and they all watched it.  (that can happen on 33 year cycles I believe, when the head of the comet is coming by and you're in the right spot on the globe)  -  They went into the town the next day and the townspeople were quite confused and somewhat frightened.  So they explained what it was.

    When my son was young his friend happened to have a sleep over at our house, on a Saturday, the night of the Leonids, and it was clear.  So I set up reclining lawn chairs outside and around midnight we went out there with blankets (sleeping bags) and watched.  I pointed to show them Jupiter and just when they looked, a streak went right by Jupiter (the first one they ever saw)!   And shortly after my son's friend pointed and said "Look!"  -  It was an earth grazer blazing across the sky.  Way cool!   Best meteor I've ever seen.

    As for Betelgeuse, supposedly it's not gonna be going supernova in our lifetime.  Perhaps not for another hundred thousand years.  But it IS acting quite strange...dimming more this time than in recorded history...so there's an outside chance.  It would be beyond great if it did go boom.  But remember, the constellation of Orion would never look the same.  Eventually, (a few months?) Orion's right shoulder would be gone to the naked eye.  - Would we have to say that the scorpion did it?  🙂

    What am I doing up at 2:15 in the morning you ask?  My band played a show until 12:35am.  My ears are still ringing and I'm wide awake.  ( we're too old now for late shows like this )  🙂

    ...now back to your regularly scheduled Browns stuff.  Go Browns!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @orion said:

    I read of the Leonids back then.

    I was filling up at gas station and happened to be looking towards Austin in Nov. 2018 when this one came out of the Leonids. Much more spectacular when you see it in the open air rather than through the windshield. It really lit up the sky.
     

  • @the-gipper said:

    I’ll take that as meaning that you don’t have a clue about the answer 

    Well I do so- kindly STFU.   Mr. Knowitall.....  Post deleted...  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @hoorta said:

    Well I do so- kindly STFU.   Mr. Knowitall.....  Post deleted...  

    It was a trivia question.....all were free to answer.

  • @hoorta said:

    Well I do so- kindly STFU.   Mr. Knowitall.....  Post deleted...  

    It was a trivia question.....all were free to answer.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @the-gipper said:

    It was a trivia question.....all were free to answer.

    For $3.50, I would have happily answered.

    I don't answer questions regarding the Pittsburgh Steelers 1974 NFL Draft for free, son.