Skip to content

Trying to move OBJ

The Browns Board
99 25 2.9k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Sports Talking Heads making speculation is not a source that a team is interested in making a trade. 

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    @icecube said:

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    That article is from Jan 17th.   So you didn't see that THIS AM like you claimed.   Now you're really exposing your bullshit.

  • This isn't going well...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sports Talking Heads making speculation is not a source that a team is interested in making a trade. 

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    @icecube said:

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    Speculation on a radio show is not a team source like I said. No more than starting a thread on this forum is

  • @icecube said:

    Go get a time machine and go back to this AM and watch all the sports shows, and there you will have it. 

    Jokes on you, I'm up every morning at 6am just to get ready and watch my boo Kay Adams on Good Morning Football...     not a word of these sources or moving OBJ was mentioned.   

    So just what others shows and can you provide a link?  Because the synopsis of their daily talk is usually available on their websites.  But you're the one making the claims here.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Jokes on you, I'm up every morning at 6am just to get ready and watch my boo Kay Adams on Good Morning Football...     not a word of these sources or moving OBJ was mentioned.   

    So just what others shows and can you provide a link?  Because the synopsis of their daily talk is usually available on their websites.  But you're the one making the claims here.

    Jokes so much on you they call you the "Joker."

    It wasn't on at 6 AM, came on later, like after 10. Did you watch at that time? And then there is this. 

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    Bing, bang, slang and sloober, just found out I ain't no goober. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Jokes on you, I'm up every morning at 6am just to get ready and watch my boo Kay Adams on Good Morning Football...     not a word of these sources or moving OBJ was mentioned.   

    So just what others shows and can you provide a link?  Because the synopsis of their daily talk is usually available on their websites.  But you're the one making the claims here.

    Jokes so much on you they call you the "Joker."

    It wasn't on at 6 AM, came on later, like after 10. Did you watch at that time? And then there is this. 

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    Bing, bang, slang and sloober, just found out I ain't no goober. 

    @icecube said:

    Jokes so much on you they call you the "Joker."

    It wasn't on at 6 AM, came on later, like after 10. Did you watch at that time? And then there is this. 

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    Bing, bang, slang and sloober, just found out I ain't no goober. 

    Jester.  I'm actually called Jester at work. 

    No, I didn't, because I work for a living.      Can you provide a link to the show you're talking about?   Because what you're linking is a month & 1/2 old article that isn't ESPN, Fox or CBS.  Basically any outlet with a pulse of credibility.     Which is a complete farcry from what you said you saw THIS (3/3/20) AM.

    And cut with that Cal talk.   Shit is weird. 

  • TL4h.gif      SWO1.gif   >>> That's a bunch of cube- shi#...      

  • ...tell ya what though, if we could get back what we traded for him, I'd do it.  I mean, he's talented and all...and we need someone talented like him....but he's not worth what we gave up.  On many levels.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sports Talking Heads making speculation is not a source that a team is interested in making a trade. 

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    @icecube said:

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    Wow- Radio.com, right up there with ESPN and NFLN- um not. Unfounded silly season hot air trying to get clicks. Notice the title "rumors"- like they have lots of sources.  Right up there with the old Incarcerated Bob BS.  

    As Tia pointed out- at least 6 weeks old to boot.....  

  • @icecube said:

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    Wow- Radio.com, right up there with ESPN and NFLN- um not. Unfounded silly season hot air trying to get clicks. Notice the title "rumors"- like they have lots of sources.  Right up there with the old Incarcerated Bob BS.  

    As Tia pointed out- at least 6 weeks old to boot.....  

    @hoorta said:

    Wow- Radio.com, right up there with ESPN and NFLN- um not. Unfounded silly season hot air trying to get clicks. Notice the title "rumors"- like they have lots of sources.  Right up there with the old Incarcerated Bob BS.  

    As Tia pointed out- at least 6 weeks old to boot.....  

    It's pretty obvious icecube has been spending time in the twilight zone.. Old messages reflected back from Mars apparently.

  • ...tell ya what though, if we could get back what we traded for him, I'd do it.  I mean, he's talented and all...and we need someone talented like him....but he's not worth what we gave up.  On many levels.

    @orion said:

    ...tell ya what though, if we could get back what we traded for him, I'd do it.  I mean, he's talented and all...and we need someone talented like him....but he's not worth what we gave up.  On many levels.

    Oh hell yes I would.

    But there isn't a chance that is happening, sadly. 

  • Funny thread... not sure what prompted it, however. Maybe trying to settle an old score... but ending up racking up a couple new ones instead?

    Anyway...

    Word directly from our local press is that while not actively shopping OBJ Berry will answer the phone.

    "Odell’s a very talented football player,'' Berry said. "We view him as part of our future. Kevin (Stephanski) and I both have had really good conversations about our expectations for him and we expect him to adapt to those moving forward. We’re excited about the future with Odell, excited about what he’s going to do this fall.''

    “I won’t discuss any specific player in terms of trade opportunities, trade calls or anything like that,’’ Berry said when specifically asked about Beckham. “I did work under probably the strongest wheeler-dealer in the league under [Eagles GM] Howie Roseman and it’s something that you always pick up the phone and you listen to anything across the table."

    “A lot of trade talk ends up being hollow across the NFL anyway. But again, we’re going to exploit any opportunity to improve the roster through any means necessary.’’

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/02/browns-gm-andrew-berry-will-listen-to-trade-offers-for-odell-beckham-jr-and-others-upgrade-through-any-means-necessary.html

    I'm sure there are a few teams out there that will call.

  • @icecube said:

    Jokes so much on you they call you the "Joker."

    It wasn't on at 6 AM, came on later, like after 10. Did you watch at that time? And then there is this. 

    https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl-trade-rumors-5-destinations-for-odell-beckham-jr

    Bing, bang, slang and sloober, just found out I ain't no goober. 

    Jester.  I'm actually called Jester at work. 

    No, I didn't, because I work for a living.      Can you provide a link to the show you're talking about?   Because what you're linking is a month & 1/2 old article that isn't ESPN, Fox or CBS.  Basically any outlet with a pulse of credibility.     Which is a complete farcry from what you said you saw THIS (3/3/20) AM.

    And cut with that Cal talk.   Shit is weird. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Jester.  I'm actually called Jester at work. 

    No, I didn't, because I work for a living.      Can you provide a link to the show you're talking about?   Because what you're linking is a month & 1/2 old article that isn't ESPN, Fox or CBS.  Basically any outlet with a pulse of credibility.     Which is a complete farcry from what you said you saw THIS (3/3/20) AM.

    And cut with that Cal talk.   Shit is weird. 

    Truth is, Browns can't get anywhere near what they want for OBJ, it's cold lookin like all they can get is a 3rd. I mean, he ain't no AB (as far as him being nuts), he's a 1035 yard, 4 TD guy. Not horrible, but no one will pay him his salary for that, and with his ....acting up. Honestly, he'd excel on a few teams, but they ain't gonna pony up for that much cheese. Imagine him on SF, Seattle, Ravens, Bills...

  • Well, I guess I'm not crazy after all. Word is, from multiple sources, Browns want to trade him. It's just not working, he's not a fit. 

    But they claim they want AT LEAST what they paid for him. (A 1st and 3rd and a decent player). That ain't happening. Most they get is a 2nd and maybe not that. 

    And I just heard Jags dumped Boyea for a 4th....that's crazy. They went from a team with the best CB duo (also had Ramsey) to having a bare cupboard at CB. 

    @icecube said:

    Well, I guess I'm not crazy after all. Word is, from multiple sources, Browns want to trade him. It's just not working, he's not a fit. 

    But they claim they want AT LEAST what they paid for him. (A 1st and 3rd and a decent player). That ain't happening. Most they get is a 2nd and maybe not that. 

    And I just heard Jags dumped Boyea for a 4th....that's crazy. They went from a team with the best CB duo (also had Ramsey) to having a bare cupboard at CB. 

    Even the first sentence misses the mark. 

    Masterly retreat is in itself a victory.

    Stop lying, and if they find out your lie, stop trying to argument using the only article (6 weeks old) that supports your point of view. It's kind of pathetic. 

    To put it simply: Don't waste our time. 

  • Funny thread... not sure what prompted it, however. Maybe trying to settle an old score... but ending up racking up a couple new ones instead?

    Anyway...

    Word directly from our local press is that while not actively shopping OBJ Berry will answer the phone.

    "Odell’s a very talented football player,'' Berry said. "We view him as part of our future. Kevin (Stephanski) and I both have had really good conversations about our expectations for him and we expect him to adapt to those moving forward. We’re excited about the future with Odell, excited about what he’s going to do this fall.''

    “I won’t discuss any specific player in terms of trade opportunities, trade calls or anything like that,’’ Berry said when specifically asked about Beckham. “I did work under probably the strongest wheeler-dealer in the league under [Eagles GM] Howie Roseman and it’s something that you always pick up the phone and you listen to anything across the table."

    “A lot of trade talk ends up being hollow across the NFL anyway. But again, we’re going to exploit any opportunity to improve the roster through any means necessary.’’

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/02/browns-gm-andrew-berry-will-listen-to-trade-offers-for-odell-beckham-jr-and-others-upgrade-through-any-means-necessary.html

    I'm sure there are a few teams out there that will call.

    @tour2ma said:

    Funny thread... not sure what prompted it, however. Maybe trying to settle an old score... but ending up racking up a couple new ones instead?

    Anyway...

    Word directly from our local press is that while not actively shopping OBJ Berry will answer the phone.

    I'm sure there are a few teams out there that will call.

    Thank you, Tour2ma, the reason they are not "actively" shopping him is they already know what the market is, and no deal is close. Browns want something close to what they paid for him....bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Not gonna happen. Under his current contract, teams won't take him on that alone, forget a high draft pick too. 

  • @icecube said:

    Well, I guess I'm not crazy after all. Word is, from multiple sources, Browns want to trade him. It's just not working, he's not a fit. 

    But they claim they want AT LEAST what they paid for him. (A 1st and 3rd and a decent player). That ain't happening. Most they get is a 2nd and maybe not that. 

    And I just heard Jags dumped Boyea for a 4th....that's crazy. They went from a team with the best CB duo (also had Ramsey) to having a bare cupboard at CB. 

    Even the first sentence misses the mark. 

    Masterly retreat is in itself a victory.

    Stop lying, and if they find out your lie, stop trying to argument using the only article (6 weeks old) that supports your point of view. It's kind of pathetic. 

    To put it simply: Don't waste our time. 

    @nero said:

    Even the first sentence misses the mark. 

    Masterly retreat is in itself a victory.

    Stop lying, and if they find out your lie, stop trying to argument using the only article (6 weeks old) that supports your point of view. It's kind of pathetic. 

    To put it simply: Don't waste our time. 

    Awwww, really? So, you don't realize Browns had some chats about OBJ? OK, there. 

  • Why have the Browns announced that OBJ will be one of the guys modeling the new uniform in April?

    @orion said:

    Why have the Browns announced that OBJ will be one of the guys modeling the new uniform in April?

    Because they are stuck with him and they knew it back then. But their phones were still open if someone wanted to give up a 1st rounder.

  • OBJ will never be the same player again.. I say get what ya can for him...

  • OBJ will never be the same player again.. I say get what ya can for him...

    @nickers said:

    OBJ will never be the same player again.. I say get what ya can for him...

    Cory Coleman and a 7th rounder from the Giants

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Jester.  I'm actually called Jester at work. 

    No, I didn't, because I work for a living.      Can you provide a link to the show you're talking about?   Because what you're linking is a month & 1/2 old article that isn't ESPN, Fox or CBS.  Basically any outlet with a pulse of credibility.     Which is a complete farcry from what you said you saw THIS (3/3/20) AM.

    And cut with that Cal talk.   Shit is weird. 

    Truth is, Browns can't get anywhere near what they want for OBJ, it's cold lookin like all they can get is a 3rd. I mean, he ain't no AB (as far as him being nuts), he's a 1035 yard, 4 TD guy. Not horrible, but no one will pay him his salary for that, and with his ....acting up. Honestly, he'd excel on a few teams, but they ain't gonna pony up for that much cheese. Imagine him on SF, Seattle, Ravens, Bills...

    @icecube said:

    (as far as him being nuts),

    he's a 1035 yard, 4 TD guy. Not horrible, but no one will pay him his salary for that, and with his ....acting up. Honestly, he'd excel on a few teams, but they ain't gonna pony up for that much cheese. Imagine him on SF, Seattle, Ravens, Bills...

    Who's being the Nut here? ?  And why does this guy who's acting 27, get tagged as 'acting up"? Have ya got thru a 16 game season with a core injury? played another season on a bad ankle? with those kinda numbers? Check his charity work & what his teammates think & get back with us.. Even our* Media respects his honesty. When ya see a read on abuse, assault, lbs. of weed or DUI issues? Am sure you will be rushing to the front of the line to post it.. till than, OBJ can excel staying right here in Cleveland... 

          get right & avoid the noise #13

  • Man, I'm so weary of people in our society spouting total bullshit and when rightly called out only doubling down on their stupidity. Way, way, too much of that in the world today.