Left Tackle - Flugel Faves and Hopefuls
-
lol... Kinda the road I went down as well with Mekhi... First blush was, "He can't be this bad."
Next pause was, "Can he slim down and become more effective as Brown, Jr. did?" It was at this point I realized that I did not need to project Becton's ceiling when I could see much higher floors in others who also had room to grow.
Becton can move... it's his ability to move under control that concerns me.
As for Joe on Lamar... give Joe a number. The list of Jackson doubters is long and distinguished. The list of those who saw him being as electric as he was last season? Well.... if there is a list, then it would fit on one of those tiny Post-Its.
I was referring to me telling Louisville Slugger that Lamar Jackson couldn't play.
-
lol... Kinda the road I went down as well with Mekhi... First blush was, "He can't be this bad."
Next pause was, "Can he slim down and become more effective as Brown, Jr. did?" It was at this point I realized that I did not need to project Becton's ceiling when I could see much higher floors in others who also had room to grow.
Becton can move... it's his ability to move under control that concerns me.
As for Joe on Lamar... give Joe a number. The list of Jackson doubters is long and distinguished. The list of those who saw him being as electric as he was last season? Well.... if there is a list, then it would fit on one of those tiny Post-Its.
I was referring to me telling Louisville Slugger that Lamar Jackson couldn't play.
I was referring to me telling Louisville Slugger that Lamar Jackson couldn't play.
I said that if Lamar ended up in a Greg Roman offense I would take #1 overall, I dont think he would be half as good if he went anywhere else. So I dont think you were completely wrong. I dont think there are many people who know how to use his skill set properly.
I dont want to come off like I hate Wills as a prospect, I just dont like the idea of him at LT. I look at his initial drop back and feel like he doesnt cover enough ground. He does alot of things really well, hes smart, powerful, quick, and plays with a good foundation. I think top level pass rushers will take the edge on him but I could be wrong. I really think he is an elite guard prospect and a safe pick at RT. Problem is we need a LT
-
lol... Kinda the road I went down as well with Mekhi... First blush was, "He can't be this bad."
Next pause was, "Can he slim down and become more effective as Brown, Jr. did?" It was at this point I realized that I did not need to project Becton's ceiling when I could see much higher floors in others who also had room to grow.
Becton can move... it's his ability to move under control that concerns me.
As for Joe on Lamar... give Joe a number. The list of Jackson doubters is long and distinguished. The list of those who saw him being as electric as he was last season? Well.... if there is a list, then it would fit on one of those tiny Post-Its.
I was referring to me telling Louisville Slugger that Lamar Jackson couldn't play.
-
I was referring to me telling Louisville Slugger that Lamar Jackson couldn't play.
I said that if Lamar ended up in a Greg Roman offense I would take #1 overall, I dont think he would be half as good if he went anywhere else. So I dont think you were completely wrong. I dont think there are many people who know how to use his skill set properly.
I dont want to come off like I hate Wills as a prospect, I just dont like the idea of him at LT. I look at his initial drop back and feel like he doesnt cover enough ground. He does alot of things really well, hes smart, powerful, quick, and plays with a good foundation. I think top level pass rushers will take the edge on him but I could be wrong. I really think he is an elite guard prospect and a safe pick at RT. Problem is we need a LT
I said that if Lamar ended up in a Greg Roman offense I would take #1 overall, I dont think he would be half as good if he went anywhere else. So I dont think you were completely wrong. I dont think there are many people who know how to use his skill set properly.
I dont want to come off like I hate Wills as a prospect, I just dont like the idea of him at LT. I look at his initial drop back and feel like he doesnt cover enough ground. He does alot of things really well, hes smart, powerful, quick, and plays with a good foundation. I think top level pass rushers will take the edge on him but I could be wrong. I really think he is an elite guard prospect and a safe pick at RT. Problem is we need a LT
No worries. You acknowledged some of Wills' strengths and explained where you are coming from about him as a LT.
-
You mean the Nebraska CB Lamar Jackson? About a 3rd rounder?
I wish that was who I was referring to...
-
I said that if Lamar ended up in a Greg Roman offense I would take #1 overall, I dont think he would be half as good if he went anywhere else. So I dont think you were completely wrong. I dont think there are many people who know how to use his skill set properly.
I dont want to come off like I hate Wills as a prospect, I just dont like the idea of him at LT. I look at his initial drop back and feel like he doesnt cover enough ground. He does alot of things really well, hes smart, powerful, quick, and plays with a good foundation. I think top level pass rushers will take the edge on him but I could be wrong. I really think he is an elite guard prospect and a safe pick at RT. Problem is we need a LT
No worries. You acknowledged some of Wills' strengths and explained where you are coming from about him as a LT.
-
Interesting - this guy has the top four for the Browns - with Ezra Cleveland being #4, and Wills not being one of the four.
Because Wills played RT or...?
-
Interesting - this guy has the top four for the Browns - with Ezra Cleveland being #4, and Wills not being one of the four.
Because Wills played RT or...?
Because Wills played RT or...?
That'd be my guess because Smith picked Wills for us in a Dec, 2019 mock...
But then he took Prince Tega Wanogho, Auburn's LT, in Round 2.
https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/team-mock-drafts/2020/browns-browns-maven-2020-pete-smith
-
So who is better than Ezra?
-
This guy...
NFL Draft 2020: Andrew Thomas raves about Browns meeting, says it would be 'honor' to block for Baker Mayfield
The former Georgia offensive tackle has also had meetings with the Dolphins and Giants
-
- by Bryan DeArdo
- @BryanDeArdo
- 4 hrs ago • 1 min read
Andrew Thomas has fielded several virtual interviews leading up to the 2020 NFL draft that includes meetings with the Browns, Dolphins and Giants along with other teams that own one of the top 10 picks in the draft.
When asked about his meeting with the Browns, Thomas, the standout offensive tackle out of Georgia, said that he had a "very smooth" conversation with Cleveland general manager Andrew Berry.
"Andrew said I had a lot of the intangibles that they're looking to add to their team, good character," Thomas said, via Mary Cay Kabot of Cleveland.com. "They feel that translates to playing on the field, so I feel that's something I have."
Thomas said that Berry also values his athleticism after playing in Georgia's wide zone scheme, a scheme that helped fellow draft prospect D'Andre Swift amass 6,436 all-purpose yards in three years with the Bulldogs. The 6-foot-5, 315-pound Thomas is also versatile after spending time at both tackle positions during his time at Georgia. In Cleveland, he would play left tackle (where he started during his final two years with the Bulldogs) after the Browns signed Jack Conklin to be their right tackle earlier this offseason.
"I played three years in the SEC at both right tackle and left tackle," said Thomas, the third best lineman in the draft according to CBS Sports prospect rankings. "I dominated every year and I feel like I'm the best tackle in this class."
Thomas said that it would be "an honor" to block for Baker Mayfield, the 2017 Heisman Trophy winner whose Oklahoma Sooners lost to Thomas' Bulldogs in that year's Rose Bowl. Thomas, who also said that he would embrace the challenge of following in Joe Thomas' footsteps if he is drafted by the Browns, would also be excited about joining a Cleveland offense that also includes running backs Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, receivers Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Jr. and tight end Austin Hooper.
"The Browns are a team on the rise," Thomas said. "They have all the pieces they need and it's just a matter of time before they put it all together and compete for a Super Bowl."
Thomas may very well get his wish. CBS NFL draft analysts Ryan Wilson and Chris Trapasso both have him going to the Browns with the 10th overall pick in their most recent mock drafts.
-
-
Great...but no guarantee he will be there at 10. And I don't know if trading up is in the cards.
-
nope, I don't see trading up. But if Thomas could just fall to the Browns, THAT would be OUTSTANDING !
-
Great...but no guarantee he will be there at 10. And I don't know if trading up is in the cards.
Great...but no guarantee he will be there at 10. And I don't know if trading up is in the cards.

-
Great...but no guarantee he will be there at 10. And I don't know if trading up is in the cards.

-
If you don't think that Andrew Berry would be beyond trading up for something he really wants...it is YOU who are missing the obvious...about that guy. Don't think it will happen, but with Berry...I would not put it past him.
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is the art of taking both sides of an argument so you are never wrong...
Point was, Gip that you said absolutely nothing in the Capt. Obvious inducing post and then followed it up with another.
Care to go for three in a row?
-
If you don't think that Andrew Berry would be beyond trading up for something he really wants...it is YOU who are missing the obvious...about that guy. Don't think it will happen, but with Berry...I would not put it past him.
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is the art of taking both sides of an argument so you are never wrong...
Point was, Gip that you said absolutely nothing in the Capt. Obvious inducing post and then followed it up with another.
Care to go for three in a row?
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is the art of taking both sides of an argument so you are never wrong...
Point was, Gip that you said absolutely nothing in the Capt. Obvious inducing post and then followed it up with another.
Care to go for three in a row?
Is your head really shaped like a triangle....since that pin at the top is so very sharp.
I will explain it to you like you are a 4 year old...which, mentally, is about right.:
Both statements are perfectly accurate: I doubt that the Browns will trade up....because they do not have the ammunition I believe to afford to be able to move up....but....despite his demeanor and background, and apparent conservative nature....I would not necessarily put it past Andrew Berry to be a bit of a gambler and take that risk.
You know, they have this place called Las Vegas, where they do a lot of gambling...including on sports. They have these things called "Odds"....and for this proposition they would set odds. On this I suspect that the odds would be like 9-1 against the Browns making a trade....but there is always that one out of 10 chance. So....the explanation for your 4 year old intellect is: while it is unlikely...there is still that 1 in 10 chance of it happening, so you cannot "put it past" it happening.
-
-
I'll take that as a "yes".
Yes....to the question: are you using a knowledge and understanding of history here? As a predictability factor: If the 2007 NY Giants played the 2007 New England Patriots 10 times, the Pats likely win 9 of those games..... But "don't put it past the Giants to pull it out" And lo and behold when the actual game occurred...that crapshoot rolled a 7.
Doesn't one of your "draft sims" ever simulate the possibility of trades happening? If so, probably in 9 out of 10, they simulate no trade action by the Browns......but....there may be that one time where.....lo and behold, you wouldn't put it past it to see the Browns make a trade.
-
-
I love lamp.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
