We are not 3-5 just because of Derek Andersens play
-
Man I miss JJ, he would have really liked this board with some of the knowledge here.
-
-
Aaron Schobel of the Buffaalo Bills was asked WHY Buffalo looks so much stronger than in previous years - I'll paraphrase but he said somethign along the lines of this:
"We FINALLY have a guy that MOVES the chains on offense so when we're BUSTING our tails on the defense we KNOW it's not a wasted cause. We all BELIEVE in our QB as our leader."
When we start out a football game with this message: "don't count on too much from me today - it's the yucky Derek Anderson" do you think I give a rat about Braylon Edwards dropping a RARE pass that leads the receiver?
When a former Conference MVP QB (Gannon) does our game and he says he has been surprised the Browns haven't played Quinn by now - guess what? He fully understands how much the QB means.
Look at Dallas with and without a QB?
Look at Baltimore with Boller vrs Baltimore that went 13-3 w/ McNair and now how they look with Flaccoseagulls.
Look at Atlanta.
Look at the Jets.
Chicago.
It matters if players buy/don't buy into a QB. And you know when home town fans want a new Head Coach? When the QB sucks the most.
The thing I'm absolutely IRATE over is that Phil Savage COMMITTED to Quinn in the 2007 draft so when he was WRONG about Charlie WHY does he an inexpereinced QB that was 0-3 and enormously outplayed by Quinn in the preseason of 2007? Some will say beat 9 pansies and a Seattle team that gets limp wristed on the road - my question is DID IT TRANSLATE TO PLAYOFFS? If not, we SHOULD have played the guy Savage traded away the 2008 first round pick for. That guy is Felix Jones in case you're wondering as you watch Jamal looking like Fred Sanford when he's gotta run. Dude, just hit the same concrete wall that Ruben Droughns and William Green ran into after promising first seasons with us.
I don't care how good or bad the Denver Defense is it's start #1 for Quinn. That's ridiculous the way DA stunk so consistently. Quinn should have been the relief pitcher instead of watching DA embarass himself week after week after week. The Giants game showed me what the TEAM is capable IF/WHEN they get consistency from the QB starting with the first snap. Not that he'll ever admit this but even Loverboy (Lums) was spitting up side by side with his baby gagging on DA's play. We've wasted 2 FULL seasons on Queer-Eye-4-The-Dumb-QB when Quinn could have been WELL seasoned by now. We can have a STRONG finish and go 9-7 or 8-8 but IMO - SHAME on Opie & RAC for thinking we didn't NEED playoffs in the 4th year of their plan. That's a FREAKIN F and I don't feel like saying FREAKIN.
- Tom F. (GOOSEFRABBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
-
-
\ said:
"And most coaches just call it double scotch on the rocks before film study."Okay, we get Heck back onto this side of the board and we've really god something going. Damn, and ZOMBO!!
That Jason guy was always good for lines like that.
My favorite he ever pulled was: ""My issue with Derrick Anderson is like watching "The Sixth Sense" on TBS... sure it's got it's moments... but I already know how it ends. "
-
-
Shep would have loved talking QB with JJ, but the ironic thing was JJ was actually a dline coach at the time.
He was also a serious draftnick the likes of Al, Shep, Heck and some others.
-
\ said:
For God's sake, let's be honest: Derek Anderson has a big arm. He's also inconsistent, erratic, generally inaccurate, immobile, and not terribly bright. He throws a lot of interceptions, probably since Pee Wees.All in all, he's not good enough. He's Jim Everett.
"...I bet you don't call me Chris again..."
"Okay. Chris"
-
\ said:
Thanks Masters! I've enjoyed reading your insightful posts. I'm just venting frustration.- Tom F.
No sweat. I fully understand your frustration. I have been right there since CLE went with DA for the Giants game. Even when CLE won (played a great game across the board), I walked away with a sick feeling in my stomach.
-
\ said:
\ said:
For God's sake, let's be honest: Derek Anderson has a big arm. He's also inconsistent, erratic, generally inaccurate, immobile, and not terribly bright. He throws a lot of interceptions, probably since Pee Wees.All in all, he's not good enough. He's Jim Everett.
"...I bet you don't call me Chris again..."
"Okay. Chris"
That was one of the best things I have ever seen.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login