Skip to content

Good idea? Maybe Browns trade down with Atlanta?

The Browns Board
60 14 1.7k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Fuck your useless thread and for God's sake... learn how to change the size of the images you copy into your posts.

    At least fuckin' DraftTek didn't have a fuckin' photo of the fuckin #395th player in the fucking draft...

    Do you really want to fuck my thread, i.e. insert your penis into it until you ejaculate?   You do know that that is the definition of the word "Fuck".   (its a common retort I make when people say "fuck you".  I ask if they seriously want to have sexual intercourse with me, right then, right there....it ires them) 

    And why do you care how much space that post took up here?  Are you paying extra for how much you have to look at?  (Besides, actually, when I copied it, that text was a very manageable size...but when it pasted, it came out huge like that.  

    So, just consider that I did this to aid the visually impaired. 

    And I edited it to include just those in the Top 150 prospects to make it more manageable. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

    And I edited it to include just those in the Top 150 prospects to make it more manageable. 

    Great... cause a question about taking a guy in Round 2 needs to include options down to 150...

    Now edit it again and this time double click on the fucking image and change it's size.

    You'd think a guy with the most posts here by a wide margin would know this shit... but as I've said before... learning would take time.

    The rest isn't worth a reply...

  • @the-gipper said:

    And I edited it to include just those in the Top 150 prospects to make it more manageable. 

    Great... cause a question about taking a guy in Round 2 needs to include options down to 150...

    Now edit it again and this time double click on the fucking image and change it's size.

    You'd think a guy with the most posts here by a wide margin would know this shit... but as I've said before... learning would take time.

    The rest isn't worth a reply...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #27

    @tour2ma said:

    Great... cause a question about taking a guy in Round 2 needs to include options down to 150...

    Now edit it again and this time double click on the fucking image and change it's size.

    You'd think a guy with the most posts here by a wide margin would know this shit... but as I've said before... learning would take time.

    The rest isn't worth a reply...

    It does come out worse on the phone. I will see what I can do   If you say, pretty please, with sugar on top.  Because I didn’t put that up here just to deal with a question about a guy in round two.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Derrick Brown? A slower, less agile version of Danny Sheldon... no thanks...

    The problem with Bartch... his arms scream GUARD!

    image.png.25a214528d6f122470f6796d6a28aefa.png

    image.png.45d7932130508b7d53fdd414ce33dac2.png

    Peart has the longest arms in this draft class and the #2 wingspan behind only S. Carolina State freak, Alex Taylor... who will be a nice 7th round project for some team to pick up...

    http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55720-combine-ol-measurements/

    That is true - but he is very quick and mirrors very, very well, and in strong. Is it just me? (probably lol) Peart, from reading about him here and there, reminds me of Cameron Erving, OT. 2" less wingspan, but ...Bartch has that mean streak, the physicality... the competitiveness. I think Erving just didn't have the love for the game. He's still around though -

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @calfoxwc said:

    Peart, from reading about him here and there, reminds me of Cameron Erving, OT.

    Ummmm... no... trust me... no...

    This ain't Peart...

    @tour2ma said:

    Cameron Erving: FSU (02-11-15) vs. OK St/ND - no kick; lotta waist bend; feet look heavy; fires out on run blocks; focus? Head? ND's DE Sheldon Day gave fits with low edge rush. I can see as an interior prospect, but would like to see tape on him there.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If a trade down doesn't involve fleecing ATL then either Josh Jones or Matt Peart (as of typing this) then I don't want it.  

    And it ain't just ATL apparently... which means the price is rising.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/denver-broncos-targeting-blockbuster-trade-up-with-cleveland-browns

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tour2ma said:

    And it ain't just ATL apparently... which means the price is rising.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/denver-broncos-targeting-blockbuster-trade-up-with-cleveland-browns

    Outstanding.  Would help to soften the potential blow of losing Andrew Thomas.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Here are those Draftek  OT rankings:

    https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-Offensive-Tackles-2020-NFL-Draft.asp

    Just a few notes:

    Wirfs  #7 overall prospect

    Becton #11

    Thomas #16 

    Jones #28

    Cleveland #64

    Peart  #138

    Alex Taylor #189

    Bartch  #313  (UDFA territory)

  • @tour2ma said:

    Great... cause a question about taking a guy in Round 2 needs to include options down to 150...

    Now edit it again and this time double click on the fucking image and change it's size.

    You'd think a guy with the most posts here by a wide margin would know this shit... but as I've said before... learning would take time.

    The rest isn't worth a reply...

    It does come out worse on the phone. I will see what I can do   If you say, pretty please, with sugar on top.  Because I didn’t put that up here just to deal with a question about a guy in round two.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    It does come out worse on the phone. I will see what I can do  

    Just stop posting from your phone... How 'bout that?

    It's be a great loss, but I for one would be willing to make that sacrifice.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It does come out worse on the phone. I will see what I can do  

    Just stop posting from your phone... How 'bout that?

    It's be a great loss, but I for one would be willing to make that sacrifice.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tour2ma said:

    Just stop posting from your phone... How 'bout that?

    It's be a great loss, but I for one would be willing to make that sacrifice.

    @tour2ma said:

    Just stop posting from your phone... How 'bout that?

    It's be a great loss, but I for one would be willing to make that sacrifice.

    I did not post it from my phone. I saw it on my phone. But no I will not stop posting from my phone if I choose. But if you want to sacrifice yourself I know where there’s a volcano you can jump in

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Speaking of ATL....

    I was reading a Power Ranking article and this stopped me cold...

    14. Falcons (16): They're poised to deploy offense that starts a first-rounder at each position. And with a defense bolstered by DE Dante Fowler? Beware.

    I've never imagined such a thing could be possible... especially is the age of "the cap"...

  • Speaking of ATL....

    I was reading a Power Ranking article and this stopped me cold...

    14. Falcons (16): They're poised to deploy offense that starts a first-rounder at each position. And with a defense bolstered by DE Dante Fowler? Beware.

    I've never imagined such a thing could be possible... especially is the age of "the cap"...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tour2ma said:

    Speaking of ATL....

    I was reading a Power Ranking article and this stopped me cold...

    I've never imagined such a thing could be possible... especially is the age of "the cap"...

    We are on second and third contracts with these guys but we just added in April alone on defense... Karl Joseph, Kevin Johnson and Adrian Clayborn all former fist rounders.   It’s possible when a few of them don’t develop like they should  

  • @tour2ma said:

    Speaking of ATL....

    I was reading a Power Ranking article and this stopped me cold...

    I've never imagined such a thing could be possible... especially is the age of "the cap"...

    We are on second and third contracts with these guys but we just added in April alone on defense... Karl Joseph, Kevin Johnson and Adrian Clayborn all former fist rounders.   It’s possible when a few of them don’t develop like they should  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We are on second and third contracts with these guys but we just added in April alone on defense... Karl Joseph, Kevin Johnson and Adrian Clayborn all former fist rounders.   It’s possible when a few of them don’t develop like they should  

    So, how many first rounders would that make on our defense.   Garrett.  Ward,  the three above...... Richardson,  not sure about Vernon.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    We are on second and third contracts with these guys but we just added in April alone on defense... Karl Joseph, Kevin Johnson and Adrian Clayborn all former fist rounders.   It’s possible when a few of them don’t develop like they should  

    So, how many first rounders would that make on our defense.   Garrett.  Ward,  the three above...... Richardson,  not sure about Vernon.

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @the-gipper said:

    So, how many first rounders would that make on our defense.   Garrett.  Ward,  the three above...... Richardson,  not sure about Vernon.

    Karl Joseph as well 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    We are on second and third contracts with these guys but we just added in April alone on defense... Karl Joseph, Kevin Johnson and Adrian Clayborn all former fist rounders.   It’s possible when a few of them don’t develop like they should  

    So, how many first rounders would that make on our defense.   Garrett.  Ward,  the three above...... Richardson,  not sure about Vernon.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @the-gipper said:

    So, how many first rounders would that make on our defense.   Garrett.  Ward,  the three above...... Richardson,  not sure about Vernon.

    Other notables...Vernon 3rd rounder, Larry O 3rd, Taki Taki 3rd, Mack 5th, Greedy 2nd, Sendejo Undrafted.

  • @the-gipper said:

    There is already a Draft Trade thread on here. Merge maybe. 

    Fuck your useless thread and for God's sake... learn how to change the size of the images you copy into your posts.

    At least fuckin' DraftTek didn't have a fuckin' photo of the fuckin #395th player in the fucking draft...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @tour2ma said:

    Fuck your useless thread and for God's sake... learn how to change the size of the images you copy into your posts.

    At least fuckin' DraftTek didn't have a fuckin' photo of the fuckin #395th player in the fucking draft...

    This is my new abdominal workout.   I read it once a day; and hit the deck LMAO to get the 2 minute abs I need.  Best of all?  Tour did all the work!

  • There is already a Draft Trade thread on here. Merge maybe.

    But....tell us how, with your trade scenarios,  the Browns come out if it with both a top notch LT and a top notch LB....either Queen or Murray

    I have seen Jones rated anywhere from mid  1st to late 2d round.  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @the-gipper said:

    There is already a Draft Trade thread on here. Merge maybe.  

    Or..... You could apply such an idea when you're starting brand new threads for Trivia every day.  For example,  you could title it "Daily Trivia" and keep just 1 thread going so it's not competing with different draft topics and rumors surfacing.   You've been here long enough to know this is the time of year people want to talk about the draft.  You also know the more appropriate time for trivia is throughout the doldrums of summer when there's not as many current events to talk about.

    Not sure you aware of this or you simply don't care any more; but you come across like you want to be the only one in here starting threads whether I'm being fair to you or not.   Subject headings are actually a courtesy for us to choose which topics we want to participate in.   You don't have to participate in topics you look down your nose at. I'm sure the people that started those topics will appreciate they don't have to argue with you about it; or watch you jump in to change the discussion to something YOU prefer. Then you argue with 1 or 2 guys for the next 5-15 pages until any/all other interest in that person's thread has been suffocated.   That's you in nobody else matters mode. For some reason, it's getting a lot more frequent lately.  Is that really the way you want to be perceived in here?  

  • @the-gipper said:

    There is already a Draft Trade thread on here. Merge maybe.  

    Or..... You could apply such an idea when you're starting brand new threads for Trivia every day.  For example,  you could title it "Daily Trivia" and keep just 1 thread going so it's not competing with different draft topics and rumors surfacing.   You've been here long enough to know this is the time of year people want to talk about the draft.  You also know the more appropriate time for trivia is throughout the doldrums of summer when there's not as many current events to talk about.

    Not sure you aware of this or you simply don't care any more; but you come across like you want to be the only one in here starting threads whether I'm being fair to you or not.   Subject headings are actually a courtesy for us to choose which topics we want to participate in.   You don't have to participate in topics you look down your nose at. I'm sure the people that started those topics will appreciate they don't have to argue with you about it; or watch you jump in to change the discussion to something YOU prefer. Then you argue with 1 or 2 guys for the next 5-15 pages until any/all other interest in that person's thread has been suffocated.   That's you in nobody else matters mode. For some reason, it's getting a lot more frequent lately.  Is that really the way you want to be perceived in here?  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #40

    @flugel said:

    Or..... You could apply such an idea when you're starting brand new threads for Trivia every day.  For example,  you could title it "Daily Trivia" and keep just 1 thread going so it's not competing with different draft topics and rumors surfacing.   You've been here long enough to know this is the time of year people want to talk about the draft.  You also know the more appropriate time for trivia is throughout the doldrums of summer when there's not as many current events to talk about.

    Uh...Uhm, in case you hadn't noticed,  all the trivia threads ARE being merged into a single thread after a day. Only that days thread is separate.  And that is done as a courtesy in order to not get that new question intertwined with other questions.  And also,  all the recent threads have been Draft related threads.....and, in my experience.....draft time is the time when people are MOST interested in this type of Trivia.  That and actually during the season.

    Not sure you aware of this or you simply don't care any more; but you come across like you want to be the only one in here starting threads whether I'm being fair to you or not.

    Don't know how you get that.  I start threads here and there based on subjects that interest me.  I have no control over who else starts other threads, or their subjects, or how many they start.   If you want to start a dozen threads...be my guest. 

      Subject headings are actually a courtesy for us to choose which topics we want to participate in.   You don't have to participate in topics you look down your nose at. I'm sure the people that started those topics will appreciate they don't have to argue with you about it; or watch you jump in to change the discussion to something YOU prefer.

    I actually read every thread. I give each poster the courtesy of paying attention to what they have posted.  Occasionally I skim over some posts, and oftentimes I have nothing to contribute but don't. 

    Then you argue with 1 or 2 guys

    ....or,  err they argue with me. Like you seem to be doing here.  No one forces you to argue with me, to perpetuate these things.  But, if you expect me to not countermand whatever argument you make, if I feel the necessity then you don't understand human nature. (If you hadn't brought this up, it would have gone no further)

    for the next 5-15 pages until any/all other interest in that person's thread has been suffocated.   That's you in nobody else matters mode. For some reason, it's getting a lot more frequent lately.  Is that really the way you want to be perceived in here?  

    What I perceived is that the mods apparently agreed with me that we don't need  a half dozen  uniform threads, as they have in fact merged them into one. 

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #41
  • @flugel said:

    Or..... You could apply such an idea when you're starting brand new threads for Trivia every day.  For example,  you could title it "Daily Trivia" and keep just 1 thread going so it's not competing with different draft topics and rumors surfacing.   You've been here long enough to know this is the time of year people want to talk about the draft.  You also know the more appropriate time for trivia is throughout the doldrums of summer when there's not as many current events to talk about.

    Uh...Uhm, in case you hadn't noticed,  all the trivia threads ARE being merged into a single thread after a day. Only that days thread is separate.  And that is done as a courtesy in order to not get that new question intertwined with other questions.  And also,  all the recent threads have been Draft related threads.....and, in my experience.....draft time is the time when people are MOST interested in this type of Trivia.  That and actually during the season.

    Not sure you aware of this or you simply don't care any more; but you come across like you want to be the only one in here starting threads whether I'm being fair to you or not.

    Don't know how you get that.  I start threads here and there based on subjects that interest me.  I have no control over who else starts other threads, or their subjects, or how many they start.   If you want to start a dozen threads...be my guest. 

      Subject headings are actually a courtesy for us to choose which topics we want to participate in.   You don't have to participate in topics you look down your nose at. I'm sure the people that started those topics will appreciate they don't have to argue with you about it; or watch you jump in to change the discussion to something YOU prefer.

    I actually read every thread. I give each poster the courtesy of paying attention to what they have posted.  Occasionally I skim over some posts, and oftentimes I have nothing to contribute but don't. 

    Then you argue with 1 or 2 guys

    ....or,  err they argue with me. Like you seem to be doing here.  No one forces you to argue with me, to perpetuate these things.  But, if you expect me to not countermand whatever argument you make, if I feel the necessity then you don't understand human nature. (If you hadn't brought this up, it would have gone no further)

    for the next 5-15 pages until any/all other interest in that person's thread has been suffocated.   That's you in nobody else matters mode. For some reason, it's getting a lot more frequent lately.  Is that really the way you want to be perceived in here?  

    What I perceived is that the mods apparently agreed with me that we don't need  a half dozen  uniform threads, as they have in fact merged them into one. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @the-gipper said:

    Didn't I reply to you because you were whining that the thread we're in right now should have been merged?  

    The tense "ARE being merged" by you today doesn't mean they were merged on Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday before the weekend.  It still doesn't excuse you for not knowing better but nice try!  That means the moderators working on volunteer pay had to do something you weren't courteous enough to handle yourself.  They're not happy with you at all about that - I promise!  Again, 1 thread called Daily Trivia works nice especially when it's not the doldrums of summer.  No need for you to re-clarify what you are already missing by a mile. 

    I gave you the reasons a lot of people in here have lost patience with you in my previous reply.  There's nothing else to debate.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @darren15 said:

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/18/browns-2020-nfl-draft-wirfs-cleveland-logan-wilson/

    7 predictions on what we might do here

    I disagree with him on Wirfs. NFL.Com has him rated as a RT or OG. Thomas is the pure LT.

    and, FINALLY !

       Somebody in the sports writing article world is talking about my draft pick - Logan Wilson. I think he's a third round pick for the Browns - he is a football player. He's a linebacker I'd love to see with the Browns.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Didn't I reply to you because you were whining that the thread we're in right now should have been merged?  

    The tense "ARE being merged" by you today doesn't mean they were merged on Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday before the weekend.  It still doesn't excuse you for not knowing better but nice try!  That means the moderators working on volunteer pay had to do something you weren't courteous enough to handle yourself.  They're not happy with you at all about that - I promise!  Again, 1 thread called Daily Trivia works nice especially when it's not the doldrums of summer.  No need for you to re-clarify what you are already missing by a mile. 

    I gave you the reasons a lot of people in here have lost patience with you in my previous reply.  There's nothing else to debate.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #44

    @flugel said:

    Didn't I reply to you because you were whining that the thread we're in right now should have been merged?  

    The tense "ARE being merged" by you today doesn't mean they were merged on Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday before the weekend. 

    Actually, they are merged like EVERY day. 

    It still doesn't excuse you for not knowing better but nice try!  That means the moderators working on volunteer pay had to do something you weren't courteous enough to handle yourself.  They're not happy with you at all about that - I promise!  Again, 1 thread called Daily Trivia works nice especially when it's not the doldrums of summer.  No need for you to re-clarify what you are already missing by a mile. 

    Admittedly..it is the mods that are doing the merging.   But I have not heard them complain, have you?  No...and I am certain that if they did have an issue with it, they would have told me.  They have never been shy about doing so in the past about things.. If they are not happy about it, they have kept it a secret from me.   And, as I said, I do it the way I do it OUT of courtesy.  I  try to do this for the fun and entertainment of everyone who participates (and sure, for myself as well).  Why make that difficult and confusing by piling it all up on top of all the other, concluded questions. 

    So....here is the solution, since it concerns you so much:      YOU take over doing your "Daily Trivia"  thread, and run it how you please...and you can consult Z or Larry or Mark on how they want it done so as to not have it take up their time. I would be glad to participate.  

    I gave you the reasons a lot of people in here have lost patience with you in my previous reply.  There's nothing else to debate.

    Well, even if there is, you just ran away from it.  So, why did you bother in the first place....and waste my time  and everyone else's with your complaints when no one else has a problem. As far as I know, everyone else that participates on here are adults, and don't need you to babysit for them. 

    EVERY conversation on here is a two way street.  Maybe they could be impatient with the fact that you started this argument in the first place. 

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @darren15 said:

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/18/browns-2020-nfl-draft-wirfs-cleveland-logan-wilson/

    7 predictions on what we might do here

    Interesting!  These are the 7 thoughts/predictions from the author in Darren's link (worth reading especially considering the smoke screens and trades that will be happening in the week ahead):

    1. Cleveland would love to trade back from #10

    2. Wirfs is Cleveland's top rated OT

    3. The idea of adding a veteran LT is still very much on the table

    4. The Browns are more open to passing on OT at #10 than expected

    5. The Browns are probably taking at least 1 WR on Friday

    6. The team's love for OT Ezra Cleveland is real but it's also overblown.

    7. The Browns will draft LB Logan Wilson and the $300 contribution from Calfox will be donated to a local charity