Skip to content

Good idea? Maybe Browns trade down with Atlanta?

The Browns Board
60 14 1.7k 1
  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #49

    No deal, no trade. The next time Browns "hit" on any extra picks from a trade down.. will be the first.

    Need hits rather than random collections of picks.

    The extra picks are useful in Madden -- not in the real world.

    This ezra cleveland imposter looks more like Tony Mandarich instead of the Joe Thomas we need.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #50

    I like a good trade down - it can reap tremendous rewards.

    But, when you draft stupidly, it's not worth it. That has been the Browns' problem.

    If Thomas, Simmons, or Jones are there, I think I would stay and pick one.

    That's just me - but if I "knew" a LT would be just as good as Jones...

    I could trade down and pick that LT AND get another first round pick.

       Meanwhile, I wonder...the Browns have signed two safeties - would that mean they

    would take a safety later on, past the second round now?

    If the Browns pick brilliantly - draft football players instead of combine guys who don't love the game...

    trading down could really reap huge rewards.

       I swear I'd like to put our TV out on the deck and watch in around the fire. This is going to be FUN.

  • I'm more in favor of trading up than trading back. We HAVE to land starting LT and everybody knows it. I doubt Thomas is there at 10 regardless of what the experts say. Hes a proven LT and I bet hes the first one off the board. If he isn't doesnt land in striking distance than I would probably stand pat at 10 and take Jones. No reason to get cute.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I'm more in favor of trading up than trading back. We HAVE to land starting LT and everybody knows it. I doubt Thomas is there at 10 regardless of what the experts say. Hes a proven LT and I bet hes the first one off the board. If he isn't doesnt land in striking distance than I would probably stand pat at 10 and take Jones. No reason to get cute.

    As you say, no reason to get cute. If Thomas is there at 10, take him and call it a night: biggest need filled with a blue chip player. What else can you ask for? 

  • No deal, no trade. The next time Browns "hit" on any extra picks from a trade down.. will be the first.

    Need hits rather than random collections of picks.

    The extra picks are useful in Madden -- not in the real world.

    This ezra cleveland imposter looks more like Tony Mandarich instead of the Joe Thomas we need.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @unsympathetic said:

    No deal, no trade. The next time Browns "hit" on any extra picks from a trade down.. will be the first.

    Need hits rather than random collections of picks.

    The extra picks are useful in Madden -- not in the real world.

    This ezra cleveland imposter looks more like Tony Mandarich instead of the Joe Thomas we need.

    The Browns trading down and then taking the 6th-8th best OT would be the ultimate ode to Sashi from his former underlings... 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #53

    Yes... by all means let's let history dictate all our draft day moves because it's so determinative.

  • Yes... by all means let's let history dictate all our draft day moves because it's so determinative.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @tour2ma said:

    Yes... by all means let's let history dictate all our draft day moves because it's so determinative.

    Don't worry Tour, the Browns won't do this, obviously. 

    If they had let history be their guide, they would have never decided to go with The Process, Part Deux. 

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    I'm more in favor of trading up than trading back. We HAVE to land starting LT and everybody knows it. I doubt Thomas is there at 10 regardless of what the experts say. Hes a proven LT and I bet hes the first one off the board. If he isn't doesnt land in striking distance than I would probably stand pat at 10 and take Jones. No reason to get cute.

    As you say, no reason to get cute. If Thomas is there at 10, take him and call it a night: biggest need filled with a blue chip player. What else can you ask for? 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @icecube said:

    As you say, no reason to get cute. If Thomas is there at 10, take him and call it a night: biggest need filled with a blue chip player. What else can you ask for? 

    Nothing. It's gotta be the choice. 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #56

    While we're speculating, I wouldn't mind giving our second to NYJ in a swap for jamal adams who has been on the chopping block there for the last 2 years. 

    What's that? They might not accept?  In my fantasy world which is no less plausible than everything else on this thread, the Jets are the next destination for self-appointed genius Bill O'Brien, who accepts all trades if he's losing them.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yes... by all means let's let history dictate all our draft day moves because it's so determinative.

    Don't worry Tour, the Browns won't do this, obviously. 

    If they had let history be their guide, they would have never decided to go with The Process, Part Deux. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @dutch-oven said:

    Don't worry Tour, the Browns won't do this, obviously. 

    If they had let history be their guide, they would have never decided to go with The Process, Part Deux. 

    And yet you are still here...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Don't worry Tour, the Browns won't do this, obviously. 

    If they had let history be their guide, they would have never decided to go with The Process, Part Deux. 

    And yet you are still here...

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @tour2ma said:

    And yet you are still here...

    And why wouldn't I be? 

  • @tour2ma said:

    And yet you are still here...

    And why wouldn't I be? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #59

    @dutch-oven said:

    And why wouldn't I be? 

    Other places to spread your special brand of sunshine? 😉

    Here's an article for you... https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/04/money-time-for-moneyball-can-analytics-finally-work-for-the-cleveland-browns.html

    The temptation will be to trade down in the draft. DePodesta said the team was open to dealing up or down, but admitted, “We do have a philosophy, that more picks is better.”

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And why wouldn't I be? 

    Other places to spread your special brand of sunshine? 😉

    Here's an article for you... https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/04/money-time-for-moneyball-can-analytics-finally-work-for-the-cleveland-browns.html

    The temptation will be to trade down in the draft. DePodesta said the team was open to dealing up or down, but admitted, “We do have a philosophy, that more picks is better.”

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #60

    @tour2ma said:

    Other places to spread your special brand of sunshine? 😉

    Here's an article for you... https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/04/money-time-for-moneyball-can-analytics-finally-work-for-the-cleveland-browns.html

    Another great article from Pluto says Flugel from Mars...