Deep Thoughts with BrownsFaninPA
-
I know mentioning the Patriots can cause many fans to grit their teeth and shun the thoughts of Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck, but if one team can put in plays that for some reason always works to gain yards and win games, how far can the Browns go if this team tries to do it the Patriot way? C'mon we all want the Browns to win games, but is it that hard for this Browns team to win 10 games at least? How great would it be for the Browns to finally make it to the Super Bowl, and win it ?
... how far can the Browns go if this team tries to do it the Patriot way? C'mon we all want the Browns to win games, but is it that hard for this Browns team to win 10 games at least? How great would it be for the Browns to finally make it to the Super Bowl, and win it ?
No... we aren't the Pats. We can't develop their "mindset" or "do it" their way.
We need to develop our own mindset.... our own way.
And by the way ... there is no one, single "Patriot way".
Count me as one who thinks the Patriots will NOT suck without Brady.
Make that two... I expect to see a strong D and ground game.
-
Don’t forget the homeless guy too
Homeless guy didn't have the scouting department.
I’ve hated almost every QB the Browns have drafted since their rebirth.
I think I felt indifferent about Couch I was just happy to have football back.But..Brady Quinn awful it could have been the Notre Dame thing but Both Quinn And Kizer I was not happy. Weeden why the old guy!!! Charlie Frye why the MAC guy!!!
I liked Colt McCoy though I remember saying At time I’ve seen two QBs just toy with OSU - Philip Rivers 2003 and Brees 2000. After that Fiesta Bowl against OSU I was convinced he had what it took. Credit to him he’s still playing and has had a nice career, but the tools weren’t as big as the heart and the head...and we damaged his head a bit (Steeler game) and didn’t protect him well at other times.
And one other RB.... TRich ...after that Bengal game where he skipped past a couple defenders I was thinking this guy Is ordinary???? What the heck was Jim Brown thinking!!!
The same Fiesta bowl where Texas scored 3 points in the entire 1st half? If anything, that was the first defense to make Colt look human.
Although I was good with him being picked in the 3rd round. I really feel the injury cost him quite a bit in terms of NFL production. Despite not being the biggest QB, Colt had a pretty live arm at Texas. Was never the same in Cleveland.
Homeless guy didn't have the scouting department.
The same Fiesta bowl where Texas scored 3 points in the entire 1st half? If anything, that was the first defense to make Colt look human.
Although I was good with him being picked in the 3rd round. I really feel the injury cost him quite a bit in terms of NFL production. Despite not being the biggest QB, Colt had a pretty live arm at Texas. Was never the same in Cleveland.
He had 414 passing yards against a D with guys like Jenkins Laurinaitis Heyward. Impressive game winning drive too
-
... how far can the Browns go if this team tries to do it the Patriot way? C'mon we all want the Browns to win games, but is it that hard for this Browns team to win 10 games at least? How great would it be for the Browns to finally make it to the Super Bowl, and win it ?
No... we aren't the Pats. We can't develop their "mindset" or "do it" their way.
We need to develop our own mindset.... our own way.
And by the way ... there is no one, single "Patriot way".
Count me as one who thinks the Patriots will NOT suck without Brady.
Make that two... I expect to see a strong D and ground game.
-
Homeless guy didn't have the scouting department.
The same Fiesta bowl where Texas scored 3 points in the entire 1st half? If anything, that was the first defense to make Colt look human.
Although I was good with him being picked in the 3rd round. I really feel the injury cost him quite a bit in terms of NFL production. Despite not being the biggest QB, Colt had a pretty live arm at Texas. Was never the same in Cleveland.
He had 414 passing yards against a D with guys like Jenkins Laurinaitis Heyward. Impressive game winning drive too
He had 414 passing yards against a D with guys like Jenkins Laurinaitis Heyward. Impressive game winning drive too
Feint praise: he actually did better in a Browns uniform than did Brady Quinn.
Passing
JohnnyYear Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV Career 15 8 2-6-0 147 258 57.0 1675 7 2.7 7 2.7 78 61 6.5 5.8 11.4 111.7 74.4 22 167 5.39 4.76 7.9 5 2014 22 CLE qb 2 5 2 0-2-0 18 35 51.4 175 0 0.0 2 5.7 6 32 5.0 2.4 9.7 35.0 42.0 7.3 3 26 3.92 1.55 7.9 1 2015 23 CLE qb 2 10 6 2-4-0 129 223 57.8 1500 7 3.1 5 2.2 72 61 6.7 6.3 11.6 150.0 79.4 54.1 19 141 5.62 5.26 7.9 4 Passing.....Quinn.....Just look at the Cleveland numbers
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV Career 24 20 4-16-0 296 550 53.8 3043 12 2.2 17 3.1 148 59 5.5 4.6 10.3 126.8 64.4 41 236 4.75 3.86 6.9 1 2 2 3 yrs CLE 14 12 3-9-0 184 353 52.1 1902 10 2.8 9 2.5 99 59 5.4 4.8 10.3 135.9 66.8 20 113 4.80 4.25 5.4 1 2 3 1 yr KAN 10 8 1-7-0 112 197 56.9 1141 2 1.0 8 4.1 49 57 5.8 4.2 10.2 114.1 60.1 21 123 4.67 3.20 9.6 -1 2007 23 CLE 10 1 0 3 8 37.5 45 0 0.0 0 0.0 3 18 5.6 5.6 15.0 45.0 56.8 67.0 0 0 5.63 5.63 0.0 0 2008 24 CLE 10 3 3 1-2-0 45 89 50.6 518 2 2.2 2 2.2 24 42 5.8 5.3 11.5 172.7 66.6 46.5 1 9 5.66 5.10 1.1 1 1 1 2009 25 CLE QB 10 10 9 2-7-0 136 256 53.1 1339 8 3.1 7 2.7 72 59 5.2 4.6 9.8 133.9 67.2 42.7 19 104 4.49 3.93 6.9 0 1 2 2012 28 KAN qb 9 10 8 1-7-0 112 197 56.9 1141 2 1.0 8 4.1 49 57 5.8 4.2 10.2 114.1 60.1 26.0 21 123 4.67 3.20 9.6 -1 1 comeback, 2 game-winning drives - full summary -
He had 414 passing yards against a D with guys like Jenkins Laurinaitis Heyward. Impressive game winning drive too
Feint praise: he actually did better in a Browns uniform than did Brady Quinn.
Passing
JohnnyYear Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV Career 15 8 2-6-0 147 258 57.0 1675 7 2.7 7 2.7 78 61 6.5 5.8 11.4 111.7 74.4 22 167 5.39 4.76 7.9 5 2014 22 CLE qb 2 5 2 0-2-0 18 35 51.4 175 0 0.0 2 5.7 6 32 5.0 2.4 9.7 35.0 42.0 7.3 3 26 3.92 1.55 7.9 1 2015 23 CLE qb 2 10 6 2-4-0 129 223 57.8 1500 7 3.1 5 2.2 72 61 6.7 6.3 11.6 150.0 79.4 54.1 19 141 5.62 5.26 7.9 4 Passing.....Quinn.....Just look at the Cleveland numbers
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV Career 24 20 4-16-0 296 550 53.8 3043 12 2.2 17 3.1 148 59 5.5 4.6 10.3 126.8 64.4 41 236 4.75 3.86 6.9 1 2 2 3 yrs CLE 14 12 3-9-0 184 353 52.1 1902 10 2.8 9 2.5 99 59 5.4 4.8 10.3 135.9 66.8 20 113 4.80 4.25 5.4 1 2 3 1 yr KAN 10 8 1-7-0 112 197 56.9 1141 2 1.0 8 4.1 49 57 5.8 4.2 10.2 114.1 60.1 21 123 4.67 3.20 9.6 -1 2007 23 CLE 10 1 0 3 8 37.5 45 0 0.0 0 0.0 3 18 5.6 5.6 15.0 45.0 56.8 67.0 0 0 5.63 5.63 0.0 0 2008 24 CLE 10 3 3 1-2-0 45 89 50.6 518 2 2.2 2 2.2 24 42 5.8 5.3 11.5 172.7 66.6 46.5 1 9 5.66 5.10 1.1 1 1 1 2009 25 CLE QB 10 10 9 2-7-0 136 256 53.1 1339 8 3.1 7 2.7 72 59 5.2 4.6 9.8 133.9 67.2 42.7 19 104 4.49 3.93 6.9 0 1 2 2012 28 KAN qb 9 10 8 1-7-0 112 197 56.9 1141 2 1.0 8 4.1 49 57 5.8 4.2 10.2 114.1 60.1 26.0 21 123 4.67 3.20 9.6 -1 1 comeback, 2 game-winning drives - full summaryFeint praise: he actually did better in a Browns uniform than did Brady Quinn.

-
Not on the forums but I remember that day...
Yea....fucking hell....so do I. We have a 17 pt. lead on the road vs Shittstown. Butch goes into motherfucking prevent defense in the middle of the 3rd qtr.....giving those Spermsuckers momentum. (Foge Fazio...RIP...our DC was livid about that). Still, if Northcutt hadn't committed "The Drop" ....every bit as bad in my mind as The Fumble.....worse actually, because at least with Byner the fumble was caused by a good defensive play....here, it was just an out and out Drop. If not for The Drop, we still win that game.
Go to the 15:30 mark about:
Yea....fucking hell....so do I. We have a 17 pt. lead on the road vs Shittstown. Butch goes into motherfucking prevent defense in the middle of the 3rd qtr.....giving those Spermsuckers momentum. (Foge Fazio...RIP...our DC was livid about that). Still, if Northcutt hadn't committed "The Drop" ....every bit as bad in my mind as The Fumble.....worse actually, because at least with Byner the fumble was caused by a good defensive play....here, it was just an out and out Drop. If not for The Drop, we still win that game.
Go to the 15:30 mark about:
Man that game was choked, hard. The possession before that Northcutt drop, 3rd and 3, and Holcomb throws a duck 20 yards downfield. Just get the first down and keep the chains moving ...
At the end, that last ditch attempt to get out of bounds and give Phil Dawson a chance to tie bothers me.. we all know he would’ve made it. -
Homeless guy didn't have the scouting department.
The same Fiesta bowl where Texas scored 3 points in the entire 1st half? If anything, that was the first defense to make Colt look human.
Although I was good with him being picked in the 3rd round. I really feel the injury cost him quite a bit in terms of NFL production. Despite not being the biggest QB, Colt had a pretty live arm at Texas. Was never the same in Cleveland.
He had 414 passing yards against a D with guys like Jenkins Laurinaitis Heyward. Impressive game winning drive too
He had 414 passing yards against a D with guys like Jenkins Laurinaitis Heyward. Impressive game winning drive too
Christ, I'd hope so. Pretty sure he threw the ball like 60 times that game.
Even though I remember Obbanaya (spell check) being a capable back, he never got many touches. Side note - Colt not winning the Heisman that year was a crime.
-
He had 414 passing yards against a D with guys like Jenkins Laurinaitis Heyward. Impressive game winning drive too
Christ, I'd hope so. Pretty sure he threw the ball like 60 times that game.
Even though I remember Obbanaya (spell check) being a capable back, he never got many touches. Side note - Colt not winning the Heisman that year was a crime.
-
And yet who ended up with the better NFL career??
All I remember about Colt's last college game was wimping out against Bama in the 1st Q of NC game.
Didn't he severely separate his throwing shoulder?
-
And yet who ended up with the better NFL career??
All I remember about Colt's last college game was wimping out against Bama in the 1st Q of NC game.
Didn't he severely separate his throwing shoulder?
Didn't he severely separate his throwing shoulder?
Didn't turn out so severe after all. More like his daddy told the coach he was not going back in. Didn't want to risk an NFL career over a "maybe" injury.
EDIT: Looked it up. "Pinched nerve" a.k.a. stinger.
-
Didn't he severely separate his throwing shoulder?
Didn't turn out so severe after all. More like his daddy told the coach he was not going back in. Didn't want to risk an NFL career over a "maybe" injury.
EDIT: Looked it up. "Pinched nerve" a.k.a. stinger.
Didn't turn out so severe after all. More like his daddy told the coach he was not going back in. Didn't want to risk an NFL career over a "maybe" injury.
EDIT: Looked it up. "Pinched nerve" a.k.a. stinger.
I thought this was the injury that affected his throwing for years? Or did he get hurt with the Browns and I'm forgetting it?
(Browns years some times feel like dog years... ten Browns seasons ago seem like 40)
-
Didn't turn out so severe after all. More like his daddy told the coach he was not going back in. Didn't want to risk an NFL career over a "maybe" injury.
EDIT: Looked it up. "Pinched nerve" a.k.a. stinger.
I thought this was the injury that affected his throwing for years? Or did he get hurt with the Browns and I'm forgetting it?
(Browns years some times feel like dog years... ten Browns seasons ago seem like 40)
I thought this was the injury that affected his throwing for years? Or did he get hurt with the Browns and I'm forgetting it?
(Browns years some times feel like dog years... ten Browns seasons ago seem like 40)
He started the 6th game on for the Browns his rookie season after the 1st & 2nd stringers were injured. They had wanted to develop him more instead of playing him that year.
-
And yet who ended up with the better NFL career??
All I remember about Colt's last college game was wimping out against Bama in the 1st Q of NC game.
I mean, Colt is still in the league and Bradford isn't. So.......
Edit: as for "whimping out". I had something similar happen to me once. Fullback caught me from the side on a lead, got under my pad and basically put his helmet square on my shoulder. I still don't know how i stayed on my feet and helped in the scrum. But my arm started tingling then burning almost immediately. About 20 minutes later I could barely make a fist. Had little grip strength for a few days after that.
I'm lucky it was a 230lb fullback and not a 310lb Marcel Dareus.
-
And yet who ended up with the better NFL career??
All I remember about Colt's last college game was wimping out against Bama in the 1st Q of NC game.
I mean, Colt is still in the league and Bradford isn't. So.......
Edit: as for "whimping out". I had something similar happen to me once. Fullback caught me from the side on a lead, got under my pad and basically put his helmet square on my shoulder. I still don't know how i stayed on my feet and helped in the scrum. But my arm started tingling then burning almost immediately. About 20 minutes later I could barely make a fist. Had little grip strength for a few days after that.
I'm lucky it was a 230lb fullback and not a 310lb Marcel Dareus.
-
So Ingram is still in the league with a better career. I was thinking about 2009, Colt's Senior year.
Neat. McCoy should have won it in 08.
Toby Geheart should have in 09. But Bama apparently "needed" their 1st Heisman winner.
-
So Ingram is still in the league with a better career. I was thinking about 2009, Colt's Senior year.
Neat. McCoy should have won it in 08.
Toby Geheart should have in 09. But Bama apparently "needed" their 1st Heisman winner.
-
And he's proved it out over an excellent career.?
By this logic 1/2 of your schools Heisman winners should hand back in their statue. Because Manti Te'o is still playing and starting on occasion, while Johnny Hate crime is probably out sucking dick for his fix.
Stick to the poli board, your own line of thinking was too easy to use against you. Also, just a reminder, A&M is the useful idiot cousin of SEC schools. You're a convenient program for them and little more. So please, spare me your pimping of Bama's trophy winners. They are at least a historically relavent program.
-
Count me as one who thinks the Patriots will NOT suck without Brady.
Mike
Didn't NE go 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB in 2008 when Brady blew out his knee in the opener? The last time Cleveland won 11 regular season games we had Vinny Testaverde starting at QB. The thing both of these teams had in common was their Head Coach (Bill Belichick).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
