Skip to content

DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !

The Browns Board
382 41 9.6k
  • @sdbacker80 said:

    We have 8 viable lineman on the roster - guys that can start.  We traded picks for Teller and everyone wants a better guy at that spot.  Might be time to slow our roll with these sandwich eaters 

    how many lineman will be active each week?  I think you may grab one late or do the Undrafted  free agent route and let a group of guys compete for the last spot 

    I don't know:   Our depth chart:

    LT   Wills......Hubbard

    LG  Bito....Malcolm Pridgeon

    OC  Tretter.....Evan Brown

    RG  Teller.....Drew Forbes

    RT  Conklin....Hubbard  (double duty)

    Right now on the roster also are Kendall Lamm, Colby Gosset and Willie Wright at spots along the OL.

    Are any of you  fully and completely satisfied with this roster such that you believe that we do not lead to look any further at OL in this draft?  I can't really say that I think we are there.  

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know:   Our depth chart:

    LT   Wills......Hubbard

    LG  Bito....Malcolm Pridgeon

    OC  Tretter.....Evan Brown

    RG  Teller.....Drew Forbes

    RT  Conklin....Hubbard  (double duty)

    Right now on the roster also are Kendall Lamm, Colby Gosset and Willie Wright at spots along the OL.

    Are any of you  fully and completely satisfied with this roster such that you believe that we do not lead to look any further at OL in this draft?  I can't really say that I think we are there.  

    I am.  And we threw a lot of cash and even some picks to get this unit to where it is right now.  I say no more 

    i want some hungry undrafted FAs and maybe a 6th or 7th dueling it out for the last roster spot.  Truthfully do you see the #9 being active?  
     

    We need defense badly.  The last month was a disgusting display of football.  Watch the Cardinal game or second Steeler game or the bengal game 

    I don’t like any of our backers.  We have Redwine as 3rd safety. We have a DE that is going to be one more year (maybe) and he’s always hurt.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't know:   Our depth chart:

    LT   Wills......Hubbard

    LG  Bito....Malcolm Pridgeon

    OC  Tretter.....Evan Brown

    RG  Teller.....Drew Forbes

    RT  Conklin....Hubbard  (double duty)

    Right now on the roster also are Kendall Lamm, Colby Gosset and Willie Wright at spots along the OL.

    Are any of you  fully and completely satisfied with this roster such that you believe that we do not lead to look any further at OL in this draft?  I can't really say that I think we are there.  

    I am.  And we threw a lot of cash and even some picks to get this unit to where it is right now.  I say no more 

    i want some hungry undrafted FAs and maybe a 6th or 7th dueling it out for the last roster spot.  Truthfully do you see the #9 being active?  
     

    We need defense badly.  The last month was a disgusting display of football.  Watch the Cardinal game or second Steeler game or the bengal game 

    I don’t like any of our backers.  We have Redwine as 3rd safety. We have a DE that is going to be one more year (maybe) and he’s always hurt.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I am.  And we threw a lot of cash and even some picks to get this unit to where it is right now.  I say no more 

    i want some hungry undrafted FAs and maybe a 6th or 7th dueling it out for the last roster spot.  Truthfully do you see the #9 being active?  
     

    We need defense badly.  The last month was a disgusting display of football.  Watch the Cardinal game or second Steeler game or the bengal game 

    I don’t like any of our backers.  We have Redwine as 3rd safety. We have a DE that is going to be one more year (maybe) and he’s always hurt.

    Well, no doubt,  to me, the safely and LB is what we gotta go get now. 

    Backup  OL is now a much lower priority.

  • @tour2ma said:

    1. Not surprising especially since I am sure that most teasms who talked to him at the Combine likely asked him how he felt about a move to LT... where 1st round OTs are generally tabbed to play.
    2. FIFY... no charge... 😉
    3. Hard to know if anything went on behind the scene, but it looks like MIA went for "upside" they thought they saw in the case of Jackson and TN saw in Wilson a man/gap guy bull-dozing for Henry. I still see Jones as having the higher floor, but he's not a scheme fit for TN. I think Jackson is going to get Fitz/Tua killed and while Wilson will blow open some holes he's going to get Tannehill dented a few times.
    4. The way things got scrambled up in the bottom half of Round 1... who knows? McKinney might fall thru us...

    Edit... and Wirfs is going to supply TB12 with more "look out" blocks than he'll want.

    Well said.  

    Aside from Jones not being a scheme fit for TN, they're very happy with Taylor Lewan at LT.  I wouldn't understand the redundancy if they chose Jones.  TN lost their RT in FA to us so they drafted a RT (Wilson).  Makes sense...

    My guess with Jones, isn't that he's raw (4 year starter at LT).  It could be the old school concerns of what type of competition was he up against most of the time. I think it's more than a coincidence that all of the 1st round Tackles came from the major Conferences (SEC, Big 10, Pac 12, ACC). Most of the teams with the urgency to draft a LT in round 1 seem to want an immediate starter. That said, Aus-tone Jackson seems like he's less polished than Jones IMO. 

    In the 2 Draft Guides I have, Lindy's has Jones rated as the 9th best Tackle while Athlon's rates him as the 7th best (these guides merged RTs into their ratings so Isaiah Wilson was listed ahead of him in both publications). Both sources have Jones going in round 2.

    The draft doesn't end on Thursday...  There's going to be a lot of successful players drafted tonight and tomorrow with no reason Jones can't be one of them.   FWIW, we've also found some Undrafted FAs that became reliable starters like LT Tony (T-Bone) Jones and RT Orlando Brown (the 1st time he was here).  When we used to make the playoffs, we did well in the later rounds.  For example, RT Cody Risien from TAMU in round 7 who was a Second Team All Pro in 83 and made Pro Bowls in 86 and 87.  The era we're in doesn't have as many buried treasures that late - but guys like Peart and Jones should be good draft picks for someone...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    In the 2 Draft Guides I have, Lindy's has Jones rated as the 9th best Tackle while Athlon's rates him as the 7th best (these guides merged RTs into their ratings so Isaiah Wilson was listed ahead of him in both publications). Both sources have Jones going in round 2.

    PFF had him #2 to Wirfs.... so that's a mixed endorsement if there ever was one. DraftScout had him #6 with a late 1st grade IIRC... site has crashed so can't verify ATM.While NFL.com graded him out at #5, but only a couple hundredths of a point (if you can believe that"precision") atop a 2nd tier group.

    From the calves up he was overall the most polished OT I saw in this draft (Thomas' hands were better)... but again that just means high floor. Just makes Jones one of two OT "steals" left in the draft...

    ... and then there's Ezra... 😉

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I'm surprised at that one. I liked this draft - much faster.

    Seems pretty consistent that character played a good part of the first round prospects drafted. A lot of great stories...

    I'm not going to be surprised if Wills starts at LT - he's a great pick and has already been working on it. I'm good with that.

    Second round- no idea. Safeties/lb/wr is my guess - might Mckinney fall to the Browns?

    I said the same thing. The speed of the picks was great, wonder if they will consider the 10 minute time frame in the future.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    I said the same thing. The speed of the picks was great, wonder if they will consider the 10 minute time frame in the future.

    Plus if I am not mistaken didn't the clock used to start for a team when the prior team's pick was announced? Last nite it was when the pick was turned in...

    Unless the pick was sent out to all the teams immediately... and it well may have been... the time for teams to do deals would be both reduced and highly variable as I saw times on the clock ranging from 7 minutes down to 2 minutes when Roger read the pick.

  • @tour2ma said:

    image.png.40f2aa17447abf792ca77f757802e450.png

    I know FO's say this all the time about whomever they take, but somehow I believe DePo.

    Me too!  Here's why.  Jedrick Wills was also the Tackle Joe Thomas picked for us in the NFL Channel's mock draft - despite the fact Andrew Thomas was also available at the time he did so. 

    I get the feeling Joe was a consulting/influential part of Wills being "the top tackle on our board from the beginning" consensus within.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Me too!  Here's why.  Jedrick Wills was also the Tackle Joe Thomas picked for us in the NFL Channel's mock draft - despite the fact Andrew Thomas was also available at the time he did so. 

    I get the feeling Joe was a consulting/influential part of Wills being "the top tackle on our board from the beginning" consensus within.

    I would hope the Browns had Joe doing  some  film work for  them. 

    @texasag1969 said:

    Normally I might agree, but this draft is very deep in OLs and very short on this kind of player. Now if their second pick is not OL ................well another story completely.?

    Regarding  those four OTs going  off the  the board  in the top half of the first round, too bad we don't have  Ghoolie to kick around  anymore.  Those GMs obviously  don't have  a clue. ???

  • @tour2ma said:

    image.png.40f2aa17447abf792ca77f757802e450.png

    I know FO's say this all the time about whomever they take, but somehow I believe DePo.

    When the "pick is in" went up I told my Son in Law that, as fast as they announced the pick was in, he HAD to be the Browns absolute #1 guy. I don't know WHEN I ever saw a quicker decision. The young man, Fletcher, introducing the Browns' pick was a nice touch.

    Mike

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    The young man, Fletcher, introducing the Browns' pick was a nice touch.

    Agree, but I have to admit that I worried that this arrangement would influence any trade down decision...

    ... at least until I realized Fletch was pre-recorded... 🙂

    Kid ought to do the coin toss at our home opener as well.

  • @the-gipper said:

    32. Jalen Hurts  CB  Utah.

    32. Jalen Johnson CB Utah.... 

    EDIT-- There are some great video phone player reactions out there, that I hope the nfl keeps moving these legit home video cameras around to next rounds..It's been great, but the media guys we've heard from for months, just ain't doing it for me anymore ?... Let these kids get a breather than let them speak.. The reaction of Joe Thomas reacting to Wills pick? Yep! I Cried in laughter ?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    32. Jalen Johnson CB Utah.... 

    lol... if it was Hurts at CB... that'd set the record for a ceiling projection...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Chiefs take  Clyde  Edwards-Helaire RB  LSU  with #32 pick.

    This was one of the really great picks in the draft. He has so much ability catching out of the backfield and so many "getaway" moves in the open field and power to finish off the play. He is a perfect fit for Mahomes's style of play. They are going to be even better than last year with that pick alone.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    This was one of the really great picks in the draft. He has so much ability catching out of the backfield and so many "getaway" moves in the open field and power to finish off the play. He is a perfect fit for Mahomes's style of play. They are going to be even better than last year with that pick alone.

    That was one impressive highlight reel played at the pick....

    @tiamat63 said:

    Yeah... until that Oline play catches up with them again like it did in the regular season.

    I am predicting a break-out year for the Camster...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Normally I might agree, but this draft is very deep in OLs and very short on this kind of player. Now if their second pick is not OL ................well another story completely.?

    Which Draft is that? The 2020 Draft?

    There are some decent IOL to be sure, including a couple with great potential, but most are man/gap types and that's not KC's attack.

  • @hoorta said:

    I actually own a bottle of that '90 Petrus Tour, and I do have a friends & family buyer for it that I'm selling it to at a discount. At $145 dollars an ounce, too rich for my blood. 

    My opinion on that- I could enjoy it for an hour or so, or have it pay for my Browns season tickets. Not a tough decision. FWIW, I've been fortunate enough to be able to taste on several occasions (and not on my nickel) wines that were in the four figure range if they had been sold instead. Trust me, they weren't 10 times better than $100 dollar bottles, or in some cases not even better than $50 wines. At that rarefied level you're drinking rarity and "prestige". Or you're not too bright. A great example of that is "Ace of Spades" champagne owned by Jay Z. At $300+ bucks a bottle one expert taster said you could do as well for $70. 

    On a personal level, I was asked to do a Christmas champagne tasting for the local American Wine Society. So I pulled Dom Perignon and Moet's one step down Vintage Brut- at 1\3 the price, served them side by side- but the folks didn't know which was which, or even the producer. Which do you like better? It split right down the middle- so at three times the price, wasn't worth it. I even have a name for it when I teach a wine class. Larry's Logarithmic Law of diminishing returns.  🙂

    Larry. Where do you put the 1990 Chateau Montrose? That’s my benchmark. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @alporcini said:

    Larry. Where do you put the 1990 Chateau Montrose? That’s my benchmark. 

    Sorry for the  draft OT Reply.....

    I was lucky enough to get 6 bottles of the Montrose before the price went crazy. When you get to that level, it's nit picking and personal preference. A couple other 90s I liked better, Figeac and Beausejour. I thought the 90 Leoville Barton was equally as good. Many of the top '82s I'd rank higher. FWIW, I've never given the 90 Montrose Parker's perfect 100 rating each time I've  tried it. Close, no cigar.  🙂

    There's a  saying "there are no great wines, just great bottles of wine". When they get old, bottle variation becomes a factor. Probably the greatest wine I've ever been lucky enough to try was a 1959 Chateau Mouton Rothschild. It was at least 30 years ago, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. When they pulled the  cork, it was like someone opened a bottle of perfume and sprayed it across the room. You could smell it from 10 feet away.  One of the guys said it rated around 150 on a 100 point scale. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience. That's why millionaire collectors are willing to shell out a fortune in search of the exceedingly rare Holy Grail of winedom.

  • @alporcini said:

    Larry. Where do you put the 1990 Chateau Montrose? That’s my benchmark. 

    Sorry for the  draft OT Reply.....

    I was lucky enough to get 6 bottles of the Montrose before the price went crazy. When you get to that level, it's nit picking and personal preference. A couple other 90s I liked better, Figeac and Beausejour. I thought the 90 Leoville Barton was equally as good. Many of the top '82s I'd rank higher. FWIW, I've never given the 90 Montrose Parker's perfect 100 rating each time I've  tried it. Close, no cigar.  🙂

    There's a  saying "there are no great wines, just great bottles of wine". When they get old, bottle variation becomes a factor. Probably the greatest wine I've ever been lucky enough to try was a 1959 Chateau Mouton Rothschild. It was at least 30 years ago, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. When they pulled the  cork, it was like someone opened a bottle of perfume and sprayed it across the room. You could smell it from 10 feet away.  One of the guys said it rated around 150 on a 100 point scale. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience. That's why millionaire collectors are willing to shell out a fortune in search of the exceedingly rare Holy Grail of winedom.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    1959 Chateau Mouton Rothschild.

    lol... Go get it, Gipper...

    image.png.b607494a4b53014c7ef90ed7e453c3a0.png

  • @bob806 said:

    I said the same thing. The speed of the picks was great, wonder if they will consider the 10 minute time frame in the future.

    Plus if I am not mistaken didn't the clock used to start for a team when the prior team's pick was announced? Last nite it was when the pick was turned in...

    Unless the pick was sent out to all the teams immediately... and it well may have been... the time for teams to do deals would be both reduced and highly variable as I saw times on the clock ranging from 7 minutes down to 2 minutes when Roger read the pick.

    B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Plus if I am not mistaken didn't the clock used to start for a team when the prior team's pick was announced? Last nite it was when the pick was turned in...

    Unless the pick was sent out to all the teams immediately... and it well may have been... the time for teams to do deals would be both reduced and highly variable as I saw times on the clock ranging from 7 minutes down to 2 minutes when Roger read the pick.

    Technically, the clock starts on the team as soon as the other team officially submits their pick to the NFL people. If there is a trade, the clock restarts for the other team. It's always been that way. The reason things moved a little quicker is because we didn't have all the fluff interviews and on-stage with RG. For example, it looked as though the Browns pick came in super quick, but because of the delay for everything else I think the pick wasn't submitted until the 5 or 6 minute mark. I wish they would shorten it to 7 minutes in the first.

  • @hoorta said:

    1959 Chateau Mouton Rothschild.

    lol... Go get it, Gipper...

    image.png.b607494a4b53014c7ef90ed7e453c3a0.png

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... Go get it, Gipper...

    image.png.b607494a4b53014c7ef90ed7e453c3a0.png

    Knock off the 4 and the five in the beginning and then We can talk 

  • @icecube said:

    Who are the "Jack's?" 

    image.jpeg.4f9f724b8bb8ba5ada65e40a9e572a45.jpeg

    It was talk to text.......so it was meant to be  JAX.    

    But hell yea,  I like it... why not.  Naming a team The Jacks.    After Jack...or after the playing card. A lot better than some shitty team names. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @the-gipper said:

    It was talk to text.......so it was meant to be  JAX.    

    But hell yea,  I like it... why not.  Naming a team The Jacks.    After Jack...or after the playing card. A lot better than some shitty team names. 

    As a fan of the Browns, I'm not sure your should be chucking that boomerang shaped stone from your glass throne. ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    It was talk to text.......so it was meant to be  JAX.    

    But hell yea,  I like it... why not.  Naming a team The Jacks.    After Jack...or after the playing card. A lot better than some shitty team names. 

    As a fan of the Browns, I'm not sure your should be chucking that boomerang shaped stone from your glass throne. ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    As a fan of the Browns, I'm not sure your should be chucking that boomerang shaped stone from your glass throne. ?

    So are you saying you don’t like the Browns name? What kind of a fucking heretic are you 

  • @hoorta said:

    1959 Chateau Mouton Rothschild.

    lol... Go get it, Gipper...

    image.png.b607494a4b53014c7ef90ed7e453c3a0.png

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... Go get it, Gipper...

    image.png.b607494a4b53014c7ef90ed7e453c3a0.png

    🙂 I'll take a case, thank you.  Actually when you buy a wine that old, you're buying a pig in a poke. All depends how it was stored. Wines follow a bell shaped curve, improve, stay at their peak, and then gradually decline. And no- they don't turn into vinegar, unless there was a bad cork. Sort of turn into an odd sherry instead, I've seen that a bunch of times. 

    I would have loved to have been there (it was before my time) some estate sale guys found a major stash of great wines from the 1800s in a stone cold (40 degree) cellar in Glamis Castle in Scotland. Many were over 100 years old, and reports were they tasted just fine. BTW, if you have an unlimited wine budget, I'm fairly certain Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa has a few vintage Madeiras (they last almost forever) on the dessert menu in the range of $100+ bucks a one ounce taste that may be that old. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    This was one of the really great picks in the draft. He has so much ability catching out of the backfield and so many "getaway" moves in the open field and power to finish off the play. He is a perfect fit for Mahomes's style of play. They are going to be even better than last year with that pick alone.

    That was one impressive highlight reel played at the pick....

    @tiamat63 said:

    Yeah... until that Oline play catches up with them again like it did in the regular season.

    I am predicting a break-out year for the Camster...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Normally I might agree, but this draft is very deep in OLs and very short on this kind of player. Now if their second pick is not OL ................well another story completely.?

    Which Draft is that? The 2020 Draft?

    There are some decent IOL to be sure, including a couple with great potential, but most are man/gap types and that's not KC's attack.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @tour2ma said:

    Which Draft is that? The 2020 Draft?

    There are some decent IOL to be sure, including a couple with great potential, but most are man/gap types and that's not KC's attack.

    I'll defer to your knowledge and time taken to assess on that aspect of it. I have not studied them enough to give an informed opinion, but I still love that pick regardless. And if what you say is accurate, then it made no real difference since the kind of OLman you describe them needing is not there and this was the last pick in round 1.

    Edit: Or was there one specifically still left @ 32?

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... Go get it, Gipper...

    image.png.b607494a4b53014c7ef90ed7e453c3a0.png

    🙂 I'll take a case, thank you.  Actually when you buy a wine that old, you're buying a pig in a poke. All depends how it was stored. Wines follow a bell shaped curve, improve, stay at their peak, and then gradually decline. And no- they don't turn into vinegar, unless there was a bad cork. Sort of turn into an odd sherry instead, I've seen that a bunch of times. 

    I would have loved to have been there (it was before my time) some estate sale guys found a major stash of great wines from the 1800s in a stone cold (40 degree) cellar in Glamis Castle in Scotland. Many were over 100 years old, and reports were they tasted just fine. BTW, if you have an unlimited wine budget, I'm fairly certain Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa has a few vintage Madeiras (they last almost forever) on the dessert menu in the range of $100+ bucks a one ounce taste that may be that old. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @hoorta said:

    🙂 I'll take a case, thank you.

    Houston has Pappas Steak House... great, $$$ steaks... legendary wine book... not a list, but literally a book of over 100 pages. It's mind-boggling.

    Also mind-boggling? Their mark up... starts at 3x retail on the lower end and goes up for the exclusive stuff.

    Anywho... was there one time reading the book thru to the most expensive listing... cause looking was free. I had to ask the waiter how many bottles of a $10,000 vintage had sold. He smiled and said they'd just sold out when some Houston based dot-com went public and the founder threw a close-the-restaurant party for his staff... something like 6 bottles.

    My next question was how did the guy tip? He smiled even bigger and said, "Very well."

    No memory of what the wine was, but I remember the price...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Which Draft is that? The 2020 Draft?

    There are some decent IOL to be sure, including a couple with great potential, but most are man/gap types and that's not KC's attack.

    I'll defer to your knowledge and time taken to assess on that aspect of it. I have not studied them enough to give an informed opinion, but I still love that pick regardless. And if what you say is accurate, then it made no real difference since the kind of OLman you describe them needing is not there and this was the last pick in round 1.

    Edit: Or was there one specifically still left @ 32?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'll defer to your knowledge and time taken to assess on that aspect of it. I have not studied them enough to give an informed opinion, but I still love that pick regardless. And if what you say is accurate, then it made no real difference since the kind of OLman you describe them needing is not there and this was the last pick in round 1.

    Edit: Or was there one specifically still left @ 32?

    I agree on the pick they made as well... and, yes, with only Ruiz off the board so far, the rest, including my 2 fav's are there... Muti and Lemieux.

    IMO Muti can play in any scheme whereas Lemieux is strictly ZBS.

    Don't get me wrong... there are other "good" IOL prospects, but all, including Lemieux, need some work on some facet of their games. Lemieux has to get stronger and improve his anchor, but he moves great. Others... even higher rated others than my guys... just need more work, e.g., tOSU's Jackson has plenty of anchor, but his run blocking needs work, Temple's Hennessy has frame issues and LSU's Cushenberry, an early fav of mine, showed tech and fluidity issues in later tape. Class had more fallers than risers. Part of the reason Muti's injury history became less objectionable to my mind.

    I did not hear of or see any Day-3 types that show outsized promise, I.e., no Marpets this year.

  • @flugel said:

    In the 2 Draft Guides I have, Lindy's has Jones rated as the 9th best Tackle while Athlon's rates him as the 7th best (these guides merged RTs into their ratings so Isaiah Wilson was listed ahead of him in both publications). Both sources have Jones going in round 2.

    PFF had him #2 to Wirfs.... so that's a mixed endorsement if there ever was one. DraftScout had him #6 with a late 1st grade IIRC... site has crashed so can't verify ATM.While NFL.com graded him out at #5, but only a couple hundredths of a point (if you can believe that"precision") atop a 2nd tier group.

    From the calves up he was overall the most polished OT I saw in this draft (Thomas' hands were better)... but again that just means high floor. Just makes Jones one of two OT "steals" left in the draft...

    ... and then there's Ezra... 😉

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    PFF had him #2 to Wirfs.... so that's a mixed endorsement if there ever was one. DraftScout had him #6 with a late 1st grade IIRC... site has crashed so can't verify ATM.While NFL.com graded him out at #5, but only a couple hundredths of a point (if you can believe that"precision") atop a 2nd tier group.

    From the calves up he was overall the most polished OT I saw in this draft (Thomas' hands were better)... but again that just means high floor. Just makes Jones one of two OT "steals" left in the draft...

    ... and then there's Ezra... 😉

    Exactly!   I'm glad you encouraged me with a video to make sure I check Jones out a little better. IMO, he's a better LT than 2 or 3 of the Tackles that were drafted yesterday. If you look at the thread I started about LT Faves - I ended up putting Jones 3rd (just behind Wills) and moved Peart up to #4 and you had a lot to do with that. 

    I'm so glad we don't have to worry about Ezra.  I watched his matchup vrs FSU and couldn't have been less impressed. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Let’s worry about Safety  and linebackers