Donovan Peoples-Jones
-
Calm down gramps.
Calm down gramps.
Just not sure why you would think that any Ohio State fan would have the Michigan roster memorized. After All:
-
People
....Jones wood have a full head separation in a header in sock-car game(opps! match)..great leg length advanage in the cycle
kicks also
.. one heck of a reach as a 1st baseman in baseball
..but not a chance that my brother can skate on a ice rink
,,,,how many 6'5" brothers you know that can skate except maybe on roller blades?
Gipper, go take a nice walk along a dude beach & calm the f' down.. 8 foot spacing maybe a good idea
People
....Jones wood have a full head separation in a header in sock-car game(opps! match)..great leg length advanage in the cycle
kicks also
.. one heck of a reach as a 1st baseman in baseball
..but not a chance that my brother can skate on a ice rink
,,,,how many 6'5" brothers you know that can skate except maybe on roller blades?
Gipper, go take a nice walk along a dude beach & calm the f' down.. 8 foot spacing maybe a good idea
I am as calm as that sea breeze. Really. (you don't understand me if you think this upsets me...this is relaxing. ...this is just pure entertainment. Now...litigation, that can upset my stomach...certainly not this)
And I am hopeful Peeps works out just fine....for US/OUR team. The Browns.
-
People
....Jones wood have a full head separation in a header in sock-car game(opps! match)..great leg length advanage in the cycle
kicks also
.. one heck of a reach as a 1st baseman in baseball
..but not a chance that my brother can skate on a ice rink
,,,,how many 6'5" brothers you know that can skate except maybe on roller blades?
Gipper, go take a nice walk along a dude beach & calm the f' down.. 8 foot spacing maybe a good idea
People
....Jones wood have a full head separation in a header in sock-car game(opps! match)..great leg length advanage in the cycle
kicks also
.. one heck of a reach as a 1st baseman in baseball
..but not a chance that my brother can skate on a ice rink
,,,,how many 6'5" brothers you know that can skate except maybe on roller blades?
Gipper, go take a nice walk along a dude beach & calm the f' down.. 8 foot spacing maybe a good idea
LMAO...
Just thought you should know...
-
I've always stated that it is a different mindset. I have to switch the mindset when switching between sports. Between field goals, touchdowns, and punts, did you know that the latter is the most repeated play? It could be similar to your "little time attacking the goal".
I like American Football better (I enjoy playing soccer, I barely watch lately), but what soccer is better than any other sport is in the excitement for the goal. There are not many goals, thus each one becomes more important. I have celebrated touchdowns, yeah, but it's not the same because any given play someone can score one. In American Football every play is a beautiful choreography and is spectacular, and I like it better because of that, but you also have countless of commercials that make the games unnecesarily longer. You spend 3 and a half hours, and 30min at most are actual gameplay. 50 are replays and the rest are ads.
Oh, and I hate people falling in soccer constantly. I HATE IT. They prefer a faul instead of trying to keep playing. It's bad comedy how theatrical players have become from the 2000's onwards.
To each his own. I still find it ironic that people despise soccer over baseball when clearly the latter is the sport where less impact has each action. You play over a hundred games, with many innings each, and countless "at bats".I don't want to "convert" people to soccer because even I like American Football better, but I don't understand how, while still not liking it, people don't understand why soccer has so many fans.
That shows you may not comprehend baseball. A couple of things: 1. On every single pitch the potential exists for an exciting play....be it a home run, or extra base hit...or a spectacular defensive play...or strike out. Sure, not every single pitch has that....but every one has the potential for that. 2. And every at bat is a "duel" between hitter and batter. An intense dual, just not with guns or swords. (beyond that, I am not sure you expressed yourself properly: "where less impact has each action" ? I am not sure what you are trying to say here.
(beyond that, I am not sure you expressed yourself properly: "where less impact has each action" ? I am not sure what you are trying to say here.
I'm saying that there are so many games, innings and pitches in baseball, that although in each pitch can happen something interesting (just like in any sport), the repercussion in the season is less important.
Let's say you are only a hitter, and don't hit the ball in a pitch. Don't worry, because you have 3 strikes to be out, and 2 of your team mates must be out too to end the inning, and you have 9 innings. So if the pitcher made a perfect game, it would be 3x3x9, which is 81 plays in a game (with no balls, we have a perfect pitcher here), so each chance you have represents 1,23% of the game (in a game with a perfect pitcher).
Now let's look at the season: 162 games. That means that every game represents 0,62% of the season. So each pitch represents (0,0062 x 0,0123) = 7,59 x 10 e-5. And that's counting perfect pitchers in every game. In American Football, the 2012 Patriots had 74 snaps per game. You know how much each snap represents? 8,44 x10e-5. (You take 1 and divide by 74 and 16 games).
So every snap in American Football is already 10 times more important than each pitch of the MLB if it had perfect pitchers. -
Oh, and I hate people falling in soccer constantly.
It's called "taking a dive"... An old Philly Flyer (NHL) named Bill Barber made a career out of drawing tripping penalties on an opponent...
Story is pretty much the same in football and futball... to really appreciate the game you have to watch the game going on away from the ball. It's the way to see what's coming in either sport. Not easy to do, but rewarding.
It's called "taking a dive"... An old Philly Flyer (NHL) named Bill Barber made a career out of drawing tripping penalties on an opponent...
Story is pretty much the same in football and futball... to really appreciate the game you have to watch the game going on away from the ball. It's the way to see what's coming in either sport. Not easy to do, but rewarding.
Yeah, as Woody said "floppig". I didn't want to look for the therm so thanks for telling.
And the bold part hits in the nail. You have to watch the team as a whole: positioning, movements. In fútbol most of the time it is not about what the guy carrying the ball does, but what is the rest of the team doing. There are only few players that can make a play on their own.
In NFL is something that I have been training myself to, because every play every player has its assignments and everything goes from 0 to 10 in the snap, so it's more difficult to simplify the game to the point you can proccess it fast enough. -
It's called "taking a dive"... An old Philly Flyer (NHL) named Bill Barber made a career out of drawing tripping penalties on an opponent...
Story is pretty much the same in football and futball... to really appreciate the game you have to watch the game going on away from the ball. It's the way to see what's coming in either sport. Not easy to do, but rewarding.
Yeah, as Woody said "floppig". I didn't want to look for the therm so thanks for telling.
And the bold part hits in the nail. You have to watch the team as a whole: positioning, movements. In fútbol most of the time it is not about what the guy carrying the ball does, but what is the rest of the team doing. There are only few players that can make a play on their own.
In NFL is something that I have been training myself to, because every play every player has its assignments and everything goes from 0 to 10 in the snap, so it's more difficult to simplify the game to the point you can proccess it fast enough.Yeah, as Woody said "floppig". I didn't want to look for the therm so thanks for telling.
And the bold part hits in the nail. You have to watch the team as a whole: positioning, movements. In fútbol most of the time it is not about what the guy carrying the ball does, but what is the rest of the team doing. There are only few players that can make a play on their own.
In NFL is something that I have been training myself to, because every play every player has its assignments and everything goes from 0 to 10 in the snap, so it's more difficult to simplify the game to the point you can proccess it fast enough. Flopping comes from basketball... much of the time when defender "embellishes" the force of a pick or a charge, but shooters and players setting picks do it as well. Flopping probably applies even better to futbol... except for trips...
Like hockey, futball has more choreographed movement, more set plays than are obvious only if you don't follow the ball/puck.
Football? Yeah, we know its choreographed to the max, but if you follow the ball you only see the result, not what created it.
Once upon a time following the guards took you to every play. Now? There's a lot more deception, but it's still a good place to start for Offense.
For D, start with the ILB(s) at the top of the box most downs. However, in obvious throwing situations like 3rd and long the big green space in the middle of the 2ndary works as long as the TV crew stays with a wide shot. You can always see the sack you may miss in replay... but you may never be shown the reason the QB held the ball too long.
-
1
I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for.
I'll give it a little bit. The Scottish Hammer is still a beast
Also, I'm on your side of the soccer debate. They just don't know what they're talking about, it's ok. I look forward to a future in the US where baseball is on life support and soccer is thriving.
I'll give it a little bit. The Scottish Hammer is still a beast
Also, I'm on your side of the soccer debate. They just don't know what they're talking about, it's ok. I look forward to a future in the US where baseball is on life support and soccer is thriving.
No doubt baseball is on the way out Woody. All of April is gone in the MLB season, and except for the few hardcore fans, I doubt anyone has missed it. Nothing more meaningless than a regular season game. (I like Nero's math) They could easily knock off 62 or more games, except they couldn't pay those astronomical salaries. Those IMHO will be the thing that eventually kills off the sport. That, and to an ever increasing number of sports fans, it's just too damn boring. If Gip says something could happen on every pitch, well 90% of the time, nothing does. Most fans at a game are more interested in when they're going to get their next beer than in the actual game. You could go to the beach, drink, watch the waves come in "ooohhh THAT was a big one!!!" Not spend money on a ticket, and probably have as much fun. :)
-
It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.
Ditto... if I was across the pond. As for TV-watching... World Cups involving USA whenever on, but historically US women's teams more than men's because of their superior precision. Until recently USA men just looked like a collection of individuals.
Quick Story... business trip to Grangemouth, Scotland to visit my company's manufacturing facility there. My hosts booked me into a Best Western in a converted castle... neat place even if they did not reserve one of the higher-priced rooms physically in the castle. Anyway the 1st evening I was there was a Scotland vs. England match in a Cup qualifier IIRC.
The Hotel's bar was packed with fans... many in kilts... most of whom were members/attendees of a wedding party there for the reception. Even the bride was there. An attractive "lass" in a beautiful white dress. You think the Browns have rivalries??? The cheering was vicious. They did the garter thing at half-time.
Scotland hung tough for a good part of the game, but alas the joy of the wedding party was ultimately dashed, but it was a cool way to spend an evening.
Ditto... if I was across the pond. As for TV-watching... World Cups involving USA whenever on, but historically US women's teams more than men's because of their superior precision. Until recently USA men just looked like a collection of individuals.
Quick Story... business trip to Grangemouth, Scotland to visit my company's manufacturing facility there. My hosts booked me into a Best Western in a converted castle... neat place even if they did not reserve one of the higher-priced rooms physically in the castle. Anyway the 1st evening I was there was a Scotland vs. England match in a Cup qualifier IIRC.
The Hotel's bar was packed with fans... many in kilts... most of whom were members/attendees of a wedding party there for the reception. Even the bride was there. An attractive "lass" in a beautiful white dress. You think the Browns have rivalries??? The cheering was vicious. They did the garter thing at half-time.
Scotland hung tough for a good part of the game, but alas the joy of the wedding party was ultimately dashed, but it was a cool way to spend an evening.
This must have been the qualifier for 2000 I reckon, they really should have beaten us we were lucky to go through.
-
I'll give it a little bit. The Scottish Hammer is still a beast
Also, I'm on your side of the soccer debate. They just don't know what they're talking about, it's ok. I look forward to a future in the US where baseball is on life support and soccer is thriving.
No doubt baseball is on the way out Woody. All of April is gone in the MLB season, and except for the few hardcore fans, I doubt anyone has missed it. Nothing more meaningless than a regular season game. (I like Nero's math) They could easily knock off 62 or more games, except they couldn't pay those astronomical salaries. Those IMHO will be the thing that eventually kills off the sport. That, and to an ever increasing number of sports fans, it's just too damn boring. If Gip says something could happen on every pitch, well 90% of the time, nothing does. Most fans at a game are more interested in when they're going to get their next beer than in the actual game. You could go to the beach, drink, watch the waves come in "ooohhh THAT was a big one!!!" Not spend money on a ticket, and probably have as much fun. :)
No doubt baseball is on the way out Woody. All of April is gone in the MLB season, and except for the few hardcore fans, I doubt anyone has missed it. Nothing more meaningless than a regular season game. (I like Nero's math) They could easily knock off 62 or more games, except they couldn't pay those astronomical salaries. Those IMHO will be the thing that eventually kills off the sport. That, and to an ever increasing number of sports fans, it's just too damn boring. If Gip says something could happen on every pitch, well 90% of the time, nothing does. Most fans at a game are more interested in when they're going to get their next beer than in the actual game. You could go to the beach, drink, watch the waves come in "ooohhh THAT was a big one!!!" Not spend money on a ticket, and probably have as much fun. :)
Uh oh. Careful now. You're not allowed to say baseball is dying even though there are plenty of statistics showing just that. Gip is going to get on your ass about it
-
Just for the record, there's a difference between "there's nothing happening" and "you not understanding what's happening".
There is nothing happening off the ball in baseball and everyone just stands around waiting.
There's always something happening in soccer.
Baseball had a good run. During the great depression it was probably super exciting. But let's get over the "national past time" junk and see it for what it is
-
Ditto... if I was across the pond. As for TV-watching... World Cups involving USA whenever on, but historically US women's teams more than men's because of their superior precision. Until recently USA men just looked like a collection of individuals.
Quick Story... business trip to Grangemouth, Scotland to visit my company's manufacturing facility there. My hosts booked me into a Best Western in a converted castle... neat place even if they did not reserve one of the higher-priced rooms physically in the castle. Anyway the 1st evening I was there was a Scotland vs. England match in a Cup qualifier IIRC.
The Hotel's bar was packed with fans... many in kilts... most of whom were members/attendees of a wedding party there for the reception. Even the bride was there. An attractive "lass" in a beautiful white dress. You think the Browns have rivalries??? The cheering was vicious. They did the garter thing at half-time.
Scotland hung tough for a good part of the game, but alas the joy of the wedding party was ultimately dashed, but it was a cool way to spend an evening.
This must have been the qualifier for 2000 I reckon, they really should have beaten us we were lucky to go through.
This must have been the qualifier for 2000 I reckon, they really should have beaten us we were lucky to go through.
That'd be the right timing. I was doing "Management Development" course work at Warwick U. in Coventry then and often tacked "business" trips to Zeneca sites on either side of Y2K...
... with my golf clubs in tow.
I was especially attracted to our Scotland holdings... for some reason. Found some good ones too, like, St. Andrews and Carnoustie and, most of all, Turnberry... back before it turned orange.

And I remember your bearded, analytics guru, Colbern now... Scot or Irishman? I believe you sent me something a couple years back "about" him.
-
Just for the record, there's a difference between "there's nothing happening" and "you not understanding what's happening".
There is nothing happening off the ball in baseball and everyone just stands around waiting.
There's always something happening in soccer.
Baseball had a good run. During the great depression it was probably super exciting. But let's get over the "national past time" junk and see it for what it is
There's always something happening in soccer.
a) handheld Zamboni tube use for a lost soccer ball? or b) did Club Med Cleo see a bad moon arisen?
-
This must have been the qualifier for 2000 I reckon, they really should have beaten us we were lucky to go through.
That'd be the right timing. I was doing "Management Development" course work at Warwick U. in Coventry then and often tacked "business" trips to Zeneca sites on either side of Y2K...
... with my golf clubs in tow.
I was especially attracted to our Scotland holdings... for some reason. Found some good ones too, like, St. Andrews and Carnoustie and, most of all, Turnberry... back before it turned orange.

And I remember your bearded, analytics guru, Colbern now... Scot or Irishman? I believe you sent me something a couple years back "about" him.
That'd be the right timing. I was doing "Management Development" course work at Warwick U. in Coventry then and often tacked "business" trips to Zeneca sites on either side of Y2K...
... with my golf clubs in tow.
I was especially attracted to our Scotland holdings... for some reason. Found some good ones too, like, St. Andrews and Carnoustie and, most of all, Turnberry... back before it turned orange.

And I remember your bearded, analytics guru, Colbern now... Scot or Irishman? I believe you sent me something a couple years back "about" him.
Warwick U nice, one of our more prestigious ones! Attending THE Open at St Andrews is on the bucket list
Cobern is American as far as I am aware
-
"There's always something happening in soccer"...
Just like there's always something happening when paint is drying, yet it's not worth caring about.
-
The lockdown and no soccer has been interesting for me personally.
I have had a season ticket for 20 years and followed them all over Europe when playing in the UEFA competitions but I really dont think I miss it not being on. A lot of that is probably how rubbish we have got in the last 12-18 months but I'm surprised how flippant I am about it being gone.
5-10 years ago I have no doubt I would have been going out my mind, maybe I'm just getting old...
-
"Erratic quarterback play at Michigan allowed him to showcase his ability to make adjustments to off-target throws and snatch the football securely outside of his frame."
"The biggest concern with Peoples-Jones at the next level is how consistently he can beat press coverage and if he has enough quick-twitch qualities to be a consistent separator."
Even if he doesn't see the field at WR, 6th seems about the right spot for guys who play on 4th down..
-
Really little kids soccer is special. It's a circular blob of little kids...with presumably, a soccer ball in the middle...and the blob slowly moving slightly left, right, back and forth. The ball is kinda' like a photon trying to make it all the way out of the sun and out into space.
I quit watching baseball years ago. My first year in Little League I played outfield. It was so freakin' boring out there. A low flying bird would come by and you'd JUMP to attention, waking up from your daydream thinking that the ball was actually hit.....but nope, it's just a bird....back to sleep...
---------------
I would like to say here that SOFTBALL was lots of fun. You lob a fatty up there for the batter to hit, and he HITS the ball. Novel idea.
-
In Supercross/motocross, when we "flop", it's usually at high speed and it makes the ESPN highlight reel. Once the rag doll session comes to an end, we instantly gather our senses and scramble back to our motorcycles to get back on and try to win the race. Often times we find out 6, 8, 12hrs later that we have a broken clavicle, scapula or rib.... ask me how I know.
If you think I would watch a sport for even a second where people are encouraged from a young age to fake an injury, and it is actually a known part of the game, well, let's just say you would be wrong..... those soccer and basketball players are just so very courageous.
carry on..........................
-
Really little kids soccer is special. It's a circular blob of little kids...with presumably, a soccer ball in the middle...and the blob slowly moving slightly left, right, back and forth. The ball is kinda' like a photon trying to make it all the way out of the sun and out into space.
I quit watching baseball years ago. My first year in Little League I played outfield. It was so freakin' boring out there. A low flying bird would come by and you'd JUMP to attention, waking up from your daydream thinking that the ball was actually hit.....but nope, it's just a bird....back to sleep...
---------------
I would like to say here that SOFTBALL was lots of fun. You lob a fatty up there for the batter to hit, and he HITS the ball. Novel idea.
Really little kids soccer is special. It's a circular blob of little kids...with presumably, a soccer ball in the middle...and the blob slowly moving slightly left, right, back and forth. The ball is kinda' like a photon trying to make it all the way out of the sun and out into space.
I coached Smurf soccer (and U7, U8, etc). It's hard to get them to do anything correctly haha. But the massive blob following the ball is 100% correct.
-
"Erratic quarterback play at Michigan allowed him to showcase his ability to make adjustments to off-target throws and snatch the football securely outside of his frame."
"The biggest concern with Peoples-Jones at the next level is how consistently he can beat press coverage and if he has enough quick-twitch qualities to be a consistent separator."
Even if he doesn't see the field at WR, 6th seems about the right spot for guys who play on 4th down..
"The biggest concern with Peoples-Jones at the next level is how consistently he can beat press coverage and if he has enough quick-twitch qualities to be a consistent separator."
This is what concerns me the most. You can teach a guy to run better routes and maybe show him some technical things to beat a press cover or to help him potentially get open. But if a guy can't fake out a defender I have never heard of that skill-set being taught so that he suddenly learns how to do it. If the quickness (as opposed to speed) and twitch isn't there it ain't going to grow on him.
That isn't to say he won't be a good 3rd receiver. He reminds me in a way of Antonio Callaway. I thought Callaway's twitch and ability to get a step through deception was bad. But his speed was very good and, importantly, his quickness, was very good. I could be wrong but I don't see quickness in DP-J's route-running, and the analysis confirms this. But where he will be better than Callaway is his size and his ability to fight and come down with the ball, which is fantastic. So he will be a capable 3rd receiver, imo.
Which brings up a question. Has anyone heard what the hell Higgins did that put him in 2 Browns' FO doghouses?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login