Donovan Peoples-Jones
-
6'4"? Fuck me. I'm glad that I have never said any real hurtful thing about TTUN and I have the Atlantic Ocean between us. Striker, defender? Don't tell me you play midfield.
Centerback and I've picked up goalie the last few years. When your wingspan covers the indoor goal, or you can dive out in front of someone and block 8', you're good lol. But most of my life before that is winning headers and bodying little guys.
I don't have the endurance for midfield. Asthma is a bitch.
No striker. I enjoy shutting other people down more than I enjoy scoring, honestly.
How about you?
Oh and I'm just soccer big. Not big big haha.
Centerback and I've picked up goalie the last few years. When your wingspan covers the indoor goal, or you can dive out in front of someone and block 8', you're good lol. But most of my life before that is winning headers and bodying little guys.
I don't have the endurance for midfield. Asthma is a bitch.
No striker. I enjoy shutting other people down more than I enjoy scoring, honestly.
How about you?
Oh and I'm just soccer big. Not big big haha.
Goalie with 6' 4'' is great. I had asthma when I was a kid but never more after puberty.
I'm really bad at soccer, so in normal soccer I would play defender (haven't played in ages), I enjoyed shutting people down. Now for some years I've only played futsal and I play as a striker simply because I'm not either phisically or technically good so there's where less harmful I can be for my team: in futsal you have to sprint constantly and is way different to soccer, with more technique and moving around. I fight, I try to not make mistakes, I cheer and that's about it.
And yeah, I'd say you're soccer big. Not only in Spain we have less average height than in the US (I'm 5'9'' myself), but I don't see many people at 6'4'' or taller playing soccer unless they are centerback, goalie or a striker. I only recall Ibrahimovic being a very agile at 6'5'', but from that point onwards most of the people are "clunky" for soccer.
-
Centerback and I've picked up goalie the last few years. When your wingspan covers the indoor goal, or you can dive out in front of someone and block 8', you're good lol. But most of my life before that is winning headers and bodying little guys.
I don't have the endurance for midfield. Asthma is a bitch.
No striker. I enjoy shutting other people down more than I enjoy scoring, honestly.
How about you?
Oh and I'm just soccer big. Not big big haha.
Goalie with 6' 4'' is great. I had asthma when I was a kid but never more after puberty.
I'm really bad at soccer, so in normal soccer I would play defender (haven't played in ages), I enjoyed shutting people down. Now for some years I've only played futsal and I play as a striker simply because I'm not either phisically or technically good so there's where less harmful I can be for my team: in futsal you have to sprint constantly and is way different to soccer, with more technique and moving around. I fight, I try to not make mistakes, I cheer and that's about it.
And yeah, I'd say you're soccer big. Not only in Spain we have less average height than in the US (I'm 5'9'' myself), but I don't see many people at 6'4'' or taller playing soccer unless they are centerback, goalie or a striker. I only recall Ibrahimovic being a very agile at 6'5'', but from that point onwards most of the people are "clunky" for soccer.
Goalie with 6' 4'' is great. I had asthma when I was a kid but never more after puberty.
I'm really bad at soccer, so in normal soccer I would play defender (haven't played in ages), I enjoyed shutting people down. Now for some years I've only played futsal and I play as a striker simply because I'm not either phisically or technically good so there's where less harmful I can be for my team: in futsal you have to sprint constantly and is way different to soccer, with more technique and moving around. I fight, I try to not make mistakes, I cheer and that's about it.
And yeah, I'd say you're soccer big. Not only in Spain we have less average height than in the US (I'm 5'9'' myself), but I don't see many people at 6'4'' or taller playing soccer unless they are centerback, goalie or a striker. I only recall Ibrahimovic being a very agile at 6'5'', but from that point onwards most of the people are "clunky" for soccer.
My favorite player growing up was Oguchi Onyewu. Big ass centerback. Played on the US team.
Also, I'm terrible at futsal. The less players on the field the worse I get as a field player (but better I get at goalie haha).
I'd also imagine the Spanish version of "really bad at soccer" is still above average in the States haha.
-
What makes a "really bad soccer player"?
Someone confused how to jog around a big field at a medium pace aimlessly and struggling to eat orange slices one of the mom's brought after the game?
?
-
It is interesting, but maybe those skills are not corelated. Back to soccer, Messi in his prime I would say had one of the fastest 0 to 100 sprint in soccer, and height doesn't help but I wouldn't say he has the best broad and vert ever.
DPJ is now a Brown so let's hope he earns his spot and contributes. He definitely has a nice WR room to look up to and at the same time joining such a couple must instantly make you more humble on your skills lol.Small stride length can help build acceleration quickly. I deal with it playing soccer myself. At 6'4" it takes me longer to get going that someone that's 5'9", but once I have my strides going I can match (generally speaking)
Small stride length can help build acceleration quickly.
Short stride helps control, but it's really the rate of increase of "turnover rate" or cycles per second that defines acceleration... literally.
The one thing a short stride does do is keep a runner from fighting his own momentum whether accelerating or at top speed.
I never had a coach tell me this until Sam Mussabini did.
-
https://news.gallup.com/poll/224864/football-americans-favorite-sport-watch.aspx
The 9% of Americans who mention baseball as their favorite sport to watch is the lowest percentage for the sport since Gallup first asked the question in 1937
The Associated Press reported on Thursday that the average attendance for MLB games this season is 26,854 through Wednesday. That marks a 1.4 percent drop from last year’s tally of 27,242 at the same point of the season.
2018 was the first season since 2003 that average attendance for MLB games dropped below 30,000, according to AP.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-sports-with-the-oldest-and-youngest-tv-audiences-2017-06-30
Major League Baseball’s television audience is among the oldest in professional sports, according to data recently released by Street & Smith’s Sports Business Journal and Magna Global. The average age of a baseball viewer is 57, up from 52 in 2006. There won’t be a youth movement, either, as just 7% of baseball’s audience is below age 18.
All sports have aging viewers, as the country is aging, but MLB is the oldest major sport and outpacing the age growth rate. MLS on the other hand is among the youngest.
Don't confuse Gipper with facts Woody....
All his stuff is opinionated rubbish.... The above is real world. Which he's not living in- at least when it comes to baseball...
I'd be interested in seeing a poll what sport the under 18 crowd favors, when they're not playing video games....
Don't confuse Gipper with facts Woody....
All his stuff is opinionated rubbish....
EVRERYTHING you say about fucking soccer is opinionated Rubbish.
The above is real world. Which he's not living in- at least when it comes to baseball...
The average attendance for baseball game
Not at all the point I was making. But by going to this I realize you're admitting you're wrong in the only way you know how. I'll take it.
Not at all the point I was making. But by going to this I realize you're admitting you're wrong in the only way you know how. I'll take it.
Right...your point is no point at all.
Average attendance at 34 soccer games like 21,000. Average baseball attendence for a game where they play 162 games was over 28,000. Both sports actually had declines in attendance in 2019......except Soccer had a bigger percentage of decline. (baseball problem with this decline was primarily attributable to the Miami two Florida market. TB and Miami. It just is not working there for some reason, though you would think it would because of the big Hispanic population)
-
I will say without reservation that no Cleveland sports player ever had Cleveland sports fans back like a former TTUN player...
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2015/11/why_steve_everitt_and_cleveland_browns_fans.html
-
I will say without reservation that no Cleveland sports player ever had Cleveland sports fans back like a former TTUN player...
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2015/11/why_steve_everitt_and_cleveland_browns_fans.html
I will say without reservation that no Cleveland sports player ever had Cleveland sports fans back like a former TTUN player...
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2015/11/why_steve_everitt_and_cleveland_browns_fans.html
no guilt here...still own the jersey...2 everitt charity bandanas & original Plains Dealer article in the scrapbook.. at the time, Steve was the guy the media wanted on the podium..
-
I will say without reservation that no Cleveland sports player ever had Cleveland sports fans back like a former TTUN player...
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2015/11/why_steve_everitt_and_cleveland_browns_fans.html
I will say without reservation that no Cleveland sports player ever had Cleveland sports fans back like a former TTUN player...
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2015/11/why_steve_everitt_and_cleveland_browns_fans.html

-
-
Goalie with 6' 4'' is great. I had asthma when I was a kid but never more after puberty.
I'm really bad at soccer, so in normal soccer I would play defender (haven't played in ages), I enjoyed shutting people down. Now for some years I've only played futsal and I play as a striker simply because I'm not either phisically or technically good so there's where less harmful I can be for my team: in futsal you have to sprint constantly and is way different to soccer, with more technique and moving around. I fight, I try to not make mistakes, I cheer and that's about it.
And yeah, I'd say you're soccer big. Not only in Spain we have less average height than in the US (I'm 5'9'' myself), but I don't see many people at 6'4'' or taller playing soccer unless they are centerback, goalie or a striker. I only recall Ibrahimovic being a very agile at 6'5'', but from that point onwards most of the people are "clunky" for soccer.
My favorite player growing up was Oguchi Onyewu. Big ass centerback. Played on the US team.
Also, I'm terrible at futsal. The less players on the field the worse I get as a field player (but better I get at goalie haha).
I'd also imagine the Spanish version of "really bad at soccer" is still above average in the States haha.
I'd also imagine the Spanish version of "really bad at soccer" is still above average in the States haha.
Could be. I have a brother who is not good at soccer either (but has a lot of athleticism and can run for hours) and when he went to Texas in 2012 he said he was one of the best on the field. He is better than I am, but that story tells you a lot about average play level.
-
I'd also imagine the Spanish version of "really bad at soccer" is still above average in the States haha.
Could be. I have a brother who is not good at soccer either (but has a lot of athleticism and can run for hours) and when he went to Texas in 2012 he said he was one of the best on the field. He is better than I am, but that story tells you a lot about average play level.
Could be. I have a brother who is not good at soccer either (but has a lot of athleticism and can run for hours) and when he went to Texas in 2012 he said he was one of the best on the field. He is better than I am, but that story tells you a lot about average play level.
Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??
-
Could be. I have a brother who is not good at soccer either (but has a lot of athleticism and can run for hours) and when he went to Texas in 2012 he said he was one of the best on the field. He is better than I am, but that story tells you a lot about average play level.
Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??
Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??
Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime.
-
Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??
Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime.
Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime.
No baseball in Spain?
Well in your colonies of the new world it ranks right up there with futbol! Especially Dominican Republic and Venezuela.?
-
Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime.
No baseball in Spain?
Well in your colonies of the new world it ranks right up there with futbol! Especially Dominican Republic and Venezuela.?
No baseball in Spain?
Well in your colonies of the new world it ranks right up there with futbol! Especially Dominican Republic and Venezuela.?
There's baseball in Spain, but it is marginal sport, so I would say most of us don't even know how to throw a baseball.
-
Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??
Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime.
-
-
Well if he had just used an oblong ball here it would have been a different story.??
Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime.
Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime.
Why would you want to tromp all over your vegetables and flowers by playing in your garden? Use the lawn in your back yard.
-
Of course. We don't know how to throw a baseball or a oblong ball. I know the theory, but I don't have a garden, so I can't practise throwing the football in my freetime.
Why would you want to tromp all over your vegetables and flowers by playing in your garden? Use the lawn in your back yard.
Why would you want to tromp all over your vegetables and flowers by playing in your garden? Use the lawn in your back yard.
Lol, I meant lawn. I don't have one hah. And here we call it what would be translated into "garden".
-
No baseball in Spain?
Well in your colonies of the new world it ranks right up there with futbol! Especially Dominican Republic and Venezuela.?
There's baseball in Spain, but it is marginal sport, so I would say most of us don't even know how to throw a baseball.
There's baseball in Spain, but it is marginal sport, so I would say most of us don't even know how to throw a baseball.
Well, maybe that is good for the health of your nation, because one thing is certainly true about throwing a baseball. It is an unnatural motion that puts a ton of stress on the elbow and shoulder. And it leads to many injuries in those areas of the body.
-
Why would you want to tromp all over your vegetables and flowers by playing in your garden? Use the lawn in your back yard.
Lol, I meant lawn. I don't have one hah. And here we call it what would be translated into "garden".
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login