Skip to content

How many of you would go to a game?

The Browns Board
71 25 1.8k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    You shit on your own thread because you had no clue how to ask the question you really wanted answered, so I had to fix it for you.

    You're Welcome. 

    Your problem (yes it is your problem), is that you consistently and willingly go far down a wrong path. You do it by throwing out meaningless 'objections' or 'challenges' to assumptions with which a person with half a brain understands the context in which it is asked. In other words your 'clarifications' add no value to the conversation whatsoever and it's only purpose, as far as I can tell, is that it gives you some feel of exceptionalism over others. This is shown by your constant referencing that people should 'thank you', or by your challenging people by telling them they are 'afraid of the 'truth', etc. for which I can only understand you to mean that you believe that you are the only one on the side of 'truth' and if only we agree with you will we 'understand'.  

    And then you are so weak that you get into pissing contests with anyone who disagrees with you, but it's not the usual kind of pissing contests you see in forums like these. It's your goal to personally insult the person more and more until  they just get exhausted and quit responding. Then you are 'satisfied' that you won. 

    What a bunch of shit. I'm new here and when I first started reading this forum really liked the people and the comments (I still do). There are people in here that know football a lot better than I do and I am excited to learn more. But you are constantly turning this forum into your own playpen, acting out all your unhappiness and bitterness with people in here, and it gets old, at least for me (perhaps others might not feel the same). The thing is, you sometimes raise excellent points, and your referencing Browns things from yesteryear are great. But, imo,  those times are just completely drowned out by your obnoxious behaviour.

    So, for the record, I am not pissed. That would take too much energy and, to be frank, you're not worth it. There is just so much negativity in your writing that I choose to pass over them, and not to respond to your comments, except one time to explain it here as a reply to your several references to me. Part of my deciding not to engage you is also because I think it's too bad that so much of this forum's time and energy is spent focused around you and your insulting people or 'correcting' them. But hey, that's what social media is all about. We can't all be satisfied with the directions it takes. Other people on here may disagree with me, and I have no doubt that you will feel compelled to answer in your usual way, but I thought I owed you an explanation.  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @barry said:

    Other people on here may disagree with me...

    Or not... 🙂

    FYI... place your pointer over screen name and a pop up opens with an interesting option and potential solution.

  • @barry said:

    Other people on here may disagree with me...

    Or not... 🙂

    FYI... place your pointer over screen name and a pop up opens with an interesting option and potential solution.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @tour2ma said:

    Or not... 🙂

    FYI... place your pointer over screen name and a pop up opens with an interesting option and potential solution.

    Yes, he is advocating that you go the route of the invertebrate, as he has. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #50

    I’ve given the OP question some thought, and l would go to a game.

    As odd as it may sound, this is an historic event, and that’s not lost on me. A part of me is very interested in having experiences that l may (hopefully) never get the chance to experience again. 

    The empty mall parking lots, the masked individuals learning to take wide turns around one another, this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of... It’s all unique to the here and now. 

    I’d like to say l lived it on the edge and look forward to the stories l might tell about it.

  • I’ve given the OP question some thought, and l would go to a game.

    As odd as it may sound, this is an historic event, and that’s not lost on me. A part of me is very interested in having experiences that l may (hopefully) never get the chance to experience again. 

    The empty mall parking lots, the masked individuals learning to take wide turns around one another, this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of... It’s all unique to the here and now. 

    I’d like to say l lived it on the edge and look forward to the stories l might tell about it.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I’ve given the OP question some thought, and l would go to a game.

    As odd as it may sound, this is an historic event, and that’s not lost on me. A part of me is very interested in having experiences that l may (hopefully) never get the chance to experience again. 

    The empty mall parking lots, the masked individuals learning to take wide turns around one another, this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of... It’s all unique to the here and now. 

    I’d like to say l lived it on the edge and look forward to the stories l might tell about it.

    The only chance is stadiums at 1\6 capacity- Tour suggested it already. A good read...  https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-05-08/coronavirus-outbreak-leaves-nfl-season-under-layer-uncertainty

    From our old pal Joe Banner's POV...  “There is no way they are opening the season with 60,000 people in a building,” said Joe Banner, former president of the Philadelphia Eagles and chief executive of the Cleveland Browns. “That in my mind is a zero possibility.”

    I'm on record it's odds on the start of the season will be delayed- by as much as two months... Goody-goody. Browns playing the Steelers around President's Day. Stock up on winter survival gear now. (I already have plenty because of my winter bike riding.) 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #52

    1) throw on a game day mask

    2) fever test groups & pairs far before entry..kick failures to a holding cell lane left. won't take to long if ya follow the right lane. Yeah! I got in... a patron can pair-up the 6 foot spacing between groups (so what if am 4 seats or rows off my ticket location)

    3) with reduced crowds, those same patrons should bring back beer, dogs & Popcorn via strapped vendor trays..most fans can watch the game, while the hired patrons get paid to do their job. better yet, hey no lines,,i can text u my order ? sec 310 r4 s16 ... it's already priced to bring it..

    4) By chance if I gotta pee? 6 foot waiting lines or throw up some port-a-potties with the extra section hall space with less fans ..

    5) ? Joe Banner!! these stadiums will know their safe max cap well before they'd try to fill it..filling it? that just won't happen in 2020..

    now for who can still hack on you from 6 foot away masked? Good Luck on that one Gameday campers..   

    The start back of other sports may already dictate most of this before September... well maybe for those realist, still hoping on seeing live sports under the new.. safely// 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I’ve given the OP question some thought, and l would go to a game.

    As odd as it may sound, this is an historic event, and that’s not lost on me. A part of me is very interested in having experiences that l may (hopefully) never get the chance to experience again. 

    The empty mall parking lots, the masked individuals learning to take wide turns around one another, this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of... It’s all unique to the here and now. 

    I’d like to say l lived it on the edge and look forward to the stories l might tell about it.

    The only chance is stadiums at 1\6 capacity- Tour suggested it already. A good read...  https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-05-08/coronavirus-outbreak-leaves-nfl-season-under-layer-uncertainty

    From our old pal Joe Banner's POV...  “There is no way they are opening the season with 60,000 people in a building,” said Joe Banner, former president of the Philadelphia Eagles and chief executive of the Cleveland Browns. “That in my mind is a zero possibility.”

    I'm on record it's odds on the start of the season will be delayed- by as much as two months... Goody-goody. Browns playing the Steelers around President's Day. Stock up on winter survival gear now. (I already have plenty because of my winter bike riding.) 

    BarryB Barry wrote on last edited by Barry
    #53

    @hoorta said:

    The only chance is stadiums at 1\6 capacity- Tour suggested it already. A good read...  https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-05-08/coronavirus-outbreak-leaves-nfl-season-under-layer-uncertainty

    From our old pal Joe Banner's POV...  “There is no way they are opening the season with 60,000 people in a building,” said Joe Banner, former president of the Philadelphia Eagles and chief executive of the Cleveland Browns. “That in my mind is a zero possibility.”

    I'm on record it's odds on the start of the season will be delayed- by as much as two months... Goody-goody. Browns playing the Steelers around President's Day. Stock up on winter survival gear now. (I already have plenty because of my winter bike riding.) 

    Good article. Here is interesting video on what China is doing/planning on testing people for Covid-19. Seems unlikely the NFL would adopt these procedures but they are looking at billions of dollars of lost revenue so I imagine all options are open. I assume there are U.S. companies doing this but who knows?

    A weakness to this type of testing (high temperature) is that a person could be contagious without a temperature. Still, it's pretty cool stuff. 

    https://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=W97O3pbCqP4

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #54

    From my experience, some football fans are just plain belligerent, brain dead, assholes.  They do stupid shit on purpose.  No need to be around them during a pandemic.

    ......and don't be a fan of the 'other' team because they'd hope that they HAVE covid so they can GIVE it to you. 

  • @hoorta said:

    The only chance is stadiums at 1\6 capacity- Tour suggested it already. A good read...  https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-05-08/coronavirus-outbreak-leaves-nfl-season-under-layer-uncertainty

    From our old pal Joe Banner's POV...  “There is no way they are opening the season with 60,000 people in a building,” said Joe Banner, former president of the Philadelphia Eagles and chief executive of the Cleveland Browns. “That in my mind is a zero possibility.”

    I'm on record it's odds on the start of the season will be delayed- by as much as two months... Goody-goody. Browns playing the Steelers around President's Day. Stock up on winter survival gear now. (I already have plenty because of my winter bike riding.) 

    Good article. Here is interesting video on what China is doing/planning on testing people for Covid-19. Seems unlikely the NFL would adopt these procedures but they are looking at billions of dollars of lost revenue so I imagine all options are open. I assume there are U.S. companies doing this but who knows?

    A weakness to this type of testing (high temperature) is that a person could be contagious without a temperature. Still, it's pretty cool stuff. 

    https://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=W97O3pbCqP4

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #55

    @barry said:

    Good article. Here is interesting video on what China is doing/planning on testing people for Covid-19. Seems unlikely the NFL would adopt these procedures but they are looking at billions of dollars of lost revenue so I imagine all options are open. I assume there are U.S. companies doing this but who knows?

    A weakness to this type of testing (high temperature) is that a person could be contagious without a temperature. Still, it's pretty cool stuff. 

    https://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=W97O3pbCqP4

    I hope you aren't just learning this now. Thousands have had it and never show any symptoms. In my line of work I get tested with an IR thermometer at a few places I visit. But its only a precaution. It doesn't mean I'm not carrying it.

    Considering that thousands are asymptomatic COVID is relatively a mild disease. Only the old farts die...and the vast majority of them have had serious underlying health conditions by which COVID hastened their deaths.

    I'd go to a game in a heartbeat except that under my guidelines I would not be permitted to. 

    For the safety of old people, only those under 50 would be permitted into First Energy with proper ID, and with their stupid masks....and I don't mean dog masks.

    ...eh, lets make that under 60. A whopping 89 people under 60 yrs. of age have died from this disease.

    Ohio coronavirus deaths by age

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Thanks DeWine

  • I’ve given the OP question some thought, and l would go to a game.

    As odd as it may sound, this is an historic event, and that’s not lost on me. A part of me is very interested in having experiences that l may (hopefully) never get the chance to experience again. 

    The empty mall parking lots, the masked individuals learning to take wide turns around one another, this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of... It’s all unique to the here and now. 

    I’d like to say l lived it on the edge and look forward to the stories l might tell about it.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @ibleedbrown said:

    this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of..

    Just wanted to pull out the "lol-inducing" part...

    Years ago I read an article stating that only 20% of men wash their hands after using a public restroom. Certainly you've already uncovered these that I employed long before Covid-19 was a thing...

    • the jacket sleeve...
    • the paper towel..
    • the pinky hook.

    The lack of options does make you appreciate establishments with the foresight to install doors that open out or the use of pathways that eliminate the need for doors altogether.

    There is another I've seen in a movie* that I have not personally used: waiting for another user to open the door to either exit or preferably exit the lavatory**.

    ======================================================================================

    * I think it was As Good as It Gets but it might have been one of a couple Howard Hughes based movies I've seen.

    ** Can't remember the last time I used the word "lavatory" and I sure as hell have no idea why it came to mind here.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #58

    I use the paper towel that I dried my hands with (yes, after washing) to open the door...then toss the towel in the trash before exiting.   Of course that's not much help if there's an air dryer and no paper towels...though you could use a piece of toilet paper.

  • Thanks DeWine

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #59

    @the-gipper said:

    Thanks DeWine

    It's the nursing homes not Dewin(er).  He and Amy Acton are doing a fine job and are recognized all over the country.

    ........hey they even have their own bobbleheads.    

  • I use the paper towel that I dried my hands with (yes, after washing) to open the door...then toss the towel in the trash before exiting.   Of course that's not much help if there's an air dryer and no paper towels...though you could use a piece of toilet paper.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @orion said:

    I use the paper towel that I dried my hands with (yes, after washing) to open the door...then toss the towel in the trash before exiting.   Of course that's not much help if there's an air dryer and no paper towels...though you could use a piece of toilet paper.

    I've been doing this exact thing since my early 20s when most of my stupidity slowly began to fade away....... yes,  it's still fading. 

  • I don't know how to make a poll on here with comments so thought I would just ask. Am just curious.

    Let's assume that it's September and things with Covid-19 are roughly the same as they are now. The Browns are playing their season opener against a division rival, take your pick as to which team. How many of you would go to that game?

    Note- Please don't turn this into a debate. There is already a thread devoted to it. Thanks.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @barry said:

    I don't know how to make a poll on here with comments so thought I would just ask. Am just curious.

    Let's assume that it's September and things with Covid-19 are roughly the same as they are now. The Browns are playing their season opener against a division rival, take your pick as to which team. How many of you would go to that game?

    Note- Please don't turn this into a debate. There is already a thread devoted to it. Thanks.

    hell no......

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of..

    Just wanted to pull out the "lol-inducing" part...

    Years ago I read an article stating that only 20% of men wash their hands after using a public restroom. Certainly you've already uncovered these that I employed long before Covid-19 was a thing...

    • the jacket sleeve...
    • the paper towel..
    • the pinky hook.

    The lack of options does make you appreciate establishments with the foresight to install doors that open out or the use of pathways that eliminate the need for doors altogether.

    There is another I've seen in a movie* that I have not personally used: waiting for another user to open the door to either exit or preferably exit the lavatory**.

    ======================================================================================

    * I think it was As Good as It Gets but it might have been one of a couple Howard Hughes based movies I've seen.

    ** Can't remember the last time I used the word "lavatory" and I sure as hell have no idea why it came to mind here.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @tour2ma said:

    Just wanted to pull out the "lol-inducing" part...

    Years ago I read an article stating that only 20% of men wash their hands after using a public restroom. Certainly you've already uncovered these that I employed long before Covid-19 was a thing...

    • the jacket sleeve...
    • the paper towel..
    • the pinky hook.

    The lack of options does make you appreciate establishments with the foresight to install doors that open out or the use of pathways that eliminate the need for doors altogether.

    There is another I've seen in a movie* that I have not personally used: waiting for another user to open the door to either exit or preferably exit the lavatory**.

    ======================================================================================

    * I think it was As Good as It Gets but it might have been one of a couple Howard Hughes based movies I've seen.

    ** Can't remember the last time I used the word "lavatory" and I sure as hell have no idea why it came to mind here.

    A ha! See, I’ve been doing a twist on the pinky hook... using my ring finger. I figure it’s my least used finger. The pinky is good for picking and scratching, and it’s essential in giving the shocker.

    I think it was As Good as it Gets. Good movie.

  • @orion said:

    I use the paper towel that I dried my hands with (yes, after washing) to open the door...then toss the towel in the trash before exiting.   Of course that's not much help if there's an air dryer and no paper towels...though you could use a piece of toilet paper.

    I've been doing this exact thing since my early 20s when most of my stupidity slowly began to fade away....... yes,  it's still fading. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #63

    @d-bone said:

    I've been doing this exact thing since my early 20s when most of my stupidity slowly began to fade away....... yes,  it's still fading. 

    About the last sentence... I'll keep you updated. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #64

    I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

  • I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @the-gipper said:

    I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

    You quoted it wrong. And it will be nearly December. And I have not yet committed. Just thinking 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am stupidly thinking about going to the Jags game at the end of November. 

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll put roses on your grave. ?

    I'll "water" them... 😉