Skip to content

Saints release Warford

The Browns Board
121 17 3.4k
  • Our line is fine.  
     

    we have invested in it heavily. We locked in the key players. We’ve acquired others.  
     

    let’s worry about the defense please and Hope Baker makes quicker reads

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Our line is fine.  
     

    we have invested in it heavily. We locked in the key players. We’ve acquired others.  
     

    let’s worry about the defense please and Hope Baker makes quicker reads

    Totally agree. I love what the Browns have done with their OLine. The Tackle position has gone from a huge problem to something they went balls to the wall to fix. Kudos to them.

    But this defense? 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #13

    We gotta have at least one camp battle to look forward to on offense. 

    Team Forbes!!

  • We gotta have at least one camp battle to look forward to on offense. 

    Team Forbes!!

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @ibleedbrown said:

    We gotta have at least one camp battle to look forward to on offense. 

    Team Forbes!!

    You got Forbes, Hubbard and Teller.  Pro Bowlers no.  All Capable probably.  Great depth here 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    We gotta have at least one camp battle to look forward to on offense. 

    Team Forbes!!

    You got Forbes, Hubbard and Teller.  Pro Bowlers no.  All Capable probably.  Great depth here 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @sdbacker80 said:

    You got Forbes, Hubbard and Teller.  Pro Bowlers no.  All Capable probably.  Great depth here 

    Well....we have bodies that we can put in there, sure.  (Let's not forget Nick Harris).   But "great"?   I will retain my reservations. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    You got Forbes, Hubbard and Teller.  Pro Bowlers no.  All Capable probably.  Great depth here 

    Well....we have bodies that we can put in there, sure.  (Let's not forget Nick Harris).   But "great"?   I will retain my reservations. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....we have bodies that we can put in there, sure.  (Let's not forget Nick Harris).   But "great"?   I will retain my reservations. 

    And you expect “Great”at all five spots? 

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @cambridgeho said:

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/08/saints-release-larry-warford/

    Do we go after him? Probowler last 3 years.

    Is it a need at this point?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....we have bodies that we can put in there, sure.  (Let's not forget Nick Harris).   But "great"?   I will retain my reservations. 

    And you expect “Great”at all five spots? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @sdbacker80 said:

    And you expect “Great”at all five spots? 

    No,  but,  I would hope for "Good".   I don't know if we have Good. 

  • @cambridgeho said:

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/08/saints-release-larry-warford/

    Do we go after him? Probowler last 3 years.

    Is it a need at this point?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @icecube said:

    Is it a need at this point?

    Maybe.  Again....following the conversation all along here.....it all depends on how you feel about the quality of either  Forbe/Teller/Harris/Hubbard....or whomever mans that position.   Or, err, actually, it depends on how well they would perform , which, I reiterate, is still a question in my mind. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    And you expect “Great”at all five spots? 

    No,  but,  I would hope for "Good".   I don't know if we have Good. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    No,  but,  I would hope for "Good".   I don't know if we have Good. 

    Teller started 8 games gave up 1 sack.  He’s 25.

    I’ll take it.  especially if we’ve essentially opened the spot up for competition and we are making him to earn it again.   

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Teller rated as the top RG in the league in multiple weeks last year.  Out of all the possible weaknesses in the starting lineup, RG is probably the last one we actually need to worry about..

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I'm not sure when Wyatt Teller became a superstar.  Last year's regime didn't seem to think so.  Most talking heads had RG as a secondary need in this year's draft.  I'm not saying that we have to invest in a pro bowl RG right now, after all we DID just draft a center who might contend for the RG spot...along with a bunch of other bodies, but I wouldn't be adverse to adding more competition to that position.

  • I'm not sure when Wyatt Teller became a superstar.  Last year's regime didn't seem to think so.  Most talking heads had RG as a secondary need in this year's draft.  I'm not saying that we have to invest in a pro bowl RG right now, after all we DID just draft a center who might contend for the RG spot...along with a bunch of other bodies, but I wouldn't be adverse to adding more competition to that position.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @orion said:

    I'm not sure when Wyatt Teller became a superstar.  Last year's regime didn't seem to think so.  Most talking heads had RG as a secondary need in this year's draft.  I'm not saying that we have to invest in a pro bowl RG right now, after all we DID just draft a center who might contend for the RG spot...along with a bunch of other bodies, but I wouldn't be adverse to adding more competition to that position.

    Teller took over late and played well (as numbers suggest) as the season went on. 
     

    I see Harris mentioned now a few times but if we are listening to the talking heads Most of the scouting reports limit Harris to the Center position.  

  • @orion said:

    I'm not sure when Wyatt Teller became a superstar.  Last year's regime didn't seem to think so.  Most talking heads had RG as a secondary need in this year's draft.  I'm not saying that we have to invest in a pro bowl RG right now, after all we DID just draft a center who might contend for the RG spot...along with a bunch of other bodies, but I wouldn't be adverse to adding more competition to that position.

    Teller took over late and played well (as numbers suggest) as the season went on. 
     

    I see Harris mentioned now a few times but if we are listening to the talking heads Most of the scouting reports limit Harris to the Center position.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Teller took over late and played well (as numbers suggest) as the season went on. 

    I seem to remember that he was in, then out, then in again.  That position was very fluid last year.  It seemed like they were experimenting pretty much all season long.

  • I'm not sure when Wyatt Teller became a superstar.  Last year's regime didn't seem to think so.  Most talking heads had RG as a secondary need in this year's draft.  I'm not saying that we have to invest in a pro bowl RG right now, after all we DID just draft a center who might contend for the RG spot...along with a bunch of other bodies, but I wouldn't be adverse to adding more competition to that position.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #25

    @orion said:

    I'm not sure when Wyatt Teller became a superstar.

    Red herring argument.  Nobody thought that.. even in this thread.

    @orion said:

    I seem to remember that he was in, then out, then in again

    He was a 56.7 last year.. better than Hubbard and Robinson.  This isn't Madden - you can't upgrade everything immediately.  Even Cam Erving got OL starts last season for KC..

    The question is not "Warford Or Teller: Who's Better" -- the question is ALWAYS "Given Our Salary Cap And Contract Situation, Is Player X Worth Millions"

    As I posted above - RG isn't a strength, but it has to be at the bottom of the list of our weaknesses.

  • @orion said:

    I'm not sure when Wyatt Teller became a superstar.

    Red herring argument.  Nobody thought that.. even in this thread.

    @orion said:

    I seem to remember that he was in, then out, then in again

    He was a 56.7 last year.. better than Hubbard and Robinson.  This isn't Madden - you can't upgrade everything immediately.  Even Cam Erving got OL starts last season for KC..

    The question is not "Warford Or Teller: Who's Better" -- the question is ALWAYS "Given Our Salary Cap And Contract Situation, Is Player X Worth Millions"

    As I posted above - RG isn't a strength, but it has to be at the bottom of the list of our weaknesses.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #26

    @unsympathetic said:

    Red herring argument.  Nobody thought that.. even in this thread.

    He was a 56.7 last year.. better than Hubbard and Robinson.  This isn't Madden - you can't upgrade everything immediately.  Even Cam Erving got OL starts last season for KC..

    The question is not "Warford Or Teller: Who's Better" -- the question is ALWAYS "Given Our Salary Cap And Contract Situation, Is Player X Worth Millions"

    As I posted above - RG isn't a strength, but it has to be at the bottom of the list of our weaknesses.

    Is it?   Assuming Jed Wills is the real deal,  I would still say that the RG spot is still the one position on the offense that is the most unsettled, fair to say?

    Now, on defense? :

    A.  The defensive line SHOULD be a well settled deal.  If Vernon is healthy, our starters should be solid, and the group of backup/rotation guys  gives us some good depth...seemingly.

    B.  LInebacker.....I AGREE that the LB situation is as unsettled as the RG position.    Wilson, Takitaki,  Goodson, and the rookie Jacobs.  It IS higher on our concern list than RG, simply because we have  2-3 positions that may be considered questionable.

    C. DB.....Ward/Williams I would say are entrenched at CB, backed up by Mitchell.      Karl Joseph, Delpit,  Sendejo?   Not as unsettled as perhaps LB....but, agree, not what I think we should consider to be a rock solid group. Maybe this group will  prove itself. 

    So, 3  iffy spots  IMO:   RG,  LB, S.    Hopefully all these guys come through. 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Red herring argument.  Nobody thought that.. even in this thread.

    He was a 56.7 last year.. better than Hubbard and Robinson.  This isn't Madden - you can't upgrade everything immediately.  Even Cam Erving got OL starts last season for KC..

    The question is not "Warford Or Teller: Who's Better" -- the question is ALWAYS "Given Our Salary Cap And Contract Situation, Is Player X Worth Millions"

    As I posted above - RG isn't a strength, but it has to be at the bottom of the list of our weaknesses.

    Is it?   Assuming Jed Wills is the real deal,  I would still say that the RG spot is still the one position on the offense that is the most unsettled, fair to say?

    Now, on defense? :

    A.  The defensive line SHOULD be a well settled deal.  If Vernon is healthy, our starters should be solid, and the group of backup/rotation guys  gives us some good depth...seemingly.

    B.  LInebacker.....I AGREE that the LB situation is as unsettled as the RG position.    Wilson, Takitaki,  Goodson, and the rookie Jacobs.  It IS higher on our concern list than RG, simply because we have  2-3 positions that may be considered questionable.

    C. DB.....Ward/Williams I would say are entrenched at CB, backed up by Mitchell.      Karl Joseph, Delpit,  Sendejo?   Not as unsettled as perhaps LB....but, agree, not what I think we should consider to be a rock solid group. Maybe this group will  prove itself. 

    So, 3  iffy spots  IMO:   RG,  LB, S.    Hopefully all these guys come through. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @the-gipper said:

    So, 3  iffy spots  IMO:   RG,  LB, S.  

    I'll second that.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Red herring argument.  Nobody thought that.. even in this thread.

    He was a 56.7 last year.. better than Hubbard and Robinson.  This isn't Madden - you can't upgrade everything immediately.  Even Cam Erving got OL starts last season for KC..

    The question is not "Warford Or Teller: Who's Better" -- the question is ALWAYS "Given Our Salary Cap And Contract Situation, Is Player X Worth Millions"

    As I posted above - RG isn't a strength, but it has to be at the bottom of the list of our weaknesses.

    Is it?   Assuming Jed Wills is the real deal,  I would still say that the RG spot is still the one position on the offense that is the most unsettled, fair to say?

    Now, on defense? :

    A.  The defensive line SHOULD be a well settled deal.  If Vernon is healthy, our starters should be solid, and the group of backup/rotation guys  gives us some good depth...seemingly.

    B.  LInebacker.....I AGREE that the LB situation is as unsettled as the RG position.    Wilson, Takitaki,  Goodson, and the rookie Jacobs.  It IS higher on our concern list than RG, simply because we have  2-3 positions that may be considered questionable.

    C. DB.....Ward/Williams I would say are entrenched at CB, backed up by Mitchell.      Karl Joseph, Delpit,  Sendejo?   Not as unsettled as perhaps LB....but, agree, not what I think we should consider to be a rock solid group. Maybe this group will  prove itself. 

    So, 3  iffy spots  IMO:   RG,  LB, S.    Hopefully all these guys come through. 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    3  iffy spots  IMO:   RG,  LB, S

    Bodies, not categories.  There's two or three LB, there's two S, there's one RG.

    Each of the three LB and at least one of the S [could argue 2, but even if you grant Delpit starts from preseason game 2] have less experience and skill for their position than Teller.

    Neither of last year's drafted LB are superstars -- in fact they're far more questionably able to be NFL starters than Teller.

    LB1
    LB2
    S1
    RG
    LB3 [Mack]
    S2 [Delpit]

  • @orion said:

    I'm not sure when Wyatt Teller became a superstar.

    Red herring argument.  Nobody thought that.. even in this thread.

    @orion said:

    I seem to remember that he was in, then out, then in again

    He was a 56.7 last year.. better than Hubbard and Robinson.  This isn't Madden - you can't upgrade everything immediately.  Even Cam Erving got OL starts last season for KC..

    The question is not "Warford Or Teller: Who's Better" -- the question is ALWAYS "Given Our Salary Cap And Contract Situation, Is Player X Worth Millions"

    As I posted above - RG isn't a strength, but it has to be at the bottom of the list of our weaknesses.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @unsympathetic said:

    RG isn't a strength, but it has to be at the bottom of the list of our weaknesses.

    Wouldn't our strongest position have to be at the bottom of a weaknesses list? 😉

    Just realized how Gipperish that question sounded... 😵

    Nevermind...

  • @unsympathetic said:

    RG isn't a strength, but it has to be at the bottom of the list of our weaknesses.

    Wouldn't our strongest position have to be at the bottom of a weaknesses list? 😉

    Just realized how Gipperish that question sounded... 😵

    Nevermind...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @tour2ma said:

    Wouldn't our strongest position have to be at the bottom of a weaknesses list? 😉

    Just realized how Gipperish that question sounded... 😵

    Nevermind...

    Doesn't sound like me at all.  I know how to ask questions.  

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Red herring argument.  Nobody thought that.. even in this thread.

    He was a 56.7 last year.. better than Hubbard and Robinson.  This isn't Madden - you can't upgrade everything immediately.  Even Cam Erving got OL starts last season for KC..

    The question is not "Warford Or Teller: Who's Better" -- the question is ALWAYS "Given Our Salary Cap And Contract Situation, Is Player X Worth Millions"

    As I posted above - RG isn't a strength, but it has to be at the bottom of the list of our weaknesses.

    Is it?   Assuming Jed Wills is the real deal,  I would still say that the RG spot is still the one position on the offense that is the most unsettled, fair to say?

    Now, on defense? :

    A.  The defensive line SHOULD be a well settled deal.  If Vernon is healthy, our starters should be solid, and the group of backup/rotation guys  gives us some good depth...seemingly.

    B.  LInebacker.....I AGREE that the LB situation is as unsettled as the RG position.    Wilson, Takitaki,  Goodson, and the rookie Jacobs.  It IS higher on our concern list than RG, simply because we have  2-3 positions that may be considered questionable.

    C. DB.....Ward/Williams I would say are entrenched at CB, backed up by Mitchell.      Karl Joseph, Delpit,  Sendejo?   Not as unsettled as perhaps LB....but, agree, not what I think we should consider to be a rock solid group. Maybe this group will  prove itself. 

    So, 3  iffy spots  IMO:   RG,  LB, S.    Hopefully all these guys come through. 

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    Is it?   Assuming Jed Wills is the real deal,  I would still say that the RG spot is still the one position on the offense that is the most unsettled, fair to say?

    Now, on defense? :

    A.  The defensive line SHOULD be a well settled deal.  If Vernon is healthy, our starters should be solid, and the group of backup/rotation guys  gives us some good depth...seemingly.

    B.  LInebacker.....I AGREE that the LB situation is as unsettled as the RG position.    Wilson, Takitaki,  Goodson, and the rookie Jacobs.  It IS higher on our concern list than RG, simply because we have  2-3 positions that may be considered questionable.

    C. DB.....Ward/Williams I would say are entrenched at CB, backed up by Mitchell.      Karl Joseph, Delpit,  Sendejo?   Not as unsettled as perhaps LB....but, agree, not what I think we should consider to be a rock solid group. Maybe this group will  prove itself. 

    So, 3  iffy spots  IMO:   RG,  LB, S.    Hopefully all these guys come through. 

    Who is this Jacobs LB the Browns got?

    I would think you SHOULD know the names of Browns players who would be expected to start