NFL / Covid Updates
-
I never get tired of that idiot getting owned.
And you're the biggest idiot...
And you're the biggest idiot...
I find that funny coming from someone that denounces irrefutable science and medical facts as fake news. The irony lol! Everyone is entitled to an opinion but here you are once again spreading 100% false/mis-information and you should be called out by the entire board for the absurdity of your claim. I don't think anyone with an IQ over 75 would believe your Bullshit about N95 masks. Cloth masks are a whole other debate but what your saying is simply untrue. I sure you think the moon is made of cheese and clouds are marshmallows. I have no idea what alternative reality or mental illness you may have but continue drinking your bleach/fish tank cleaner cocktails and injecting yourself with Lysol. You'll make the world a better place. Go ahead whine like a bitch to the mods like you always when you evidently lose an argument, but still are in the wrong an owe Tour an apology for wasting his time with you baseless thinking.
PS: I would lay off the Alex Jones for medical or covid-19 advice
-
(CNN)A University of Pittsburgh professor on the verge of making "very significant findings" researching Covid-19, according to the university, was shot and killed in an apparent murder-suicide over the weekend, police said.
(CNN)A University of Pittsburgh professor on the verge of making "very significant findings" researching Covid-19, according to the university, was shot and killed in an apparent murder-suicide over the weekend, police said.
A. First, I doubt the incident had anything to do with the research he was doing. It says "murder -suicide" meaning I assume that it was some love triangle or some BS as that. He may have been putting his dick somewhere where someone thought it didn't belong.....or someone else was putting their dick somewhere where he felt he was entitled to exclusive entry., and he went crazy over that.
B. This is the University of Pittsburgh. We know that nothing good comes out of Pittsburgh.
C. OK, I was joking here.....but I can tell you that this guy's death would have fuckall to keep his research from coming to fruition, if there were anything to it. He would have had colleagues/PDs/PHD. candidates working with him on it. I know, my son is getting his PhD. in a Biology lab...and lots of people work together on projects.....especially if it were one that could have had major consequences.
-
(CNN)A University of Pittsburgh professor on the verge of making "very significant findings" researching Covid-19, according to the university, was shot and killed in an apparent murder-suicide over the weekend, police said.
A. First, I doubt the incident had anything to do with the research he was doing. It says "murder -suicide" meaning I assume that it was some love triangle or some BS as that. He may have been putting his dick somewhere where someone thought it didn't belong.....or someone else was putting their dick somewhere where he felt he was entitled to exclusive entry., and he went crazy over that.
B. This is the University of Pittsburgh. We know that nothing good comes out of Pittsburgh.
C. OK, I was joking here.....but I can tell you that this guy's death would have fuckall to keep his research from coming to fruition, if there were anything to it. He would have had colleagues/PDs/PHD. candidates working with him on it. I know, my son is getting his PhD. in a Biology lab...and lots of people work together on projects.....especially if it were one that could have had major consequences.
OK, I was joking here
It was an assistant professor shot in his home by his researcher who was found in his car shot dead. I would assume that the work was documented. The school plans to continue his research. I'm predicting it was a Chinese government mob hit. They don't want the disease cured before the Murder Hornets arrive in full force.
-
I feel for you and others in your situation... truly. Even more so because the programs intended to help see you thru the shut-in are generally not getting to the smallest of the small and will in the end be insufficient at their current levels.
But reopening isn't the answer... people are not going to come out in sufficient numbers to help... not anytime soon anyway. Reopening will be used as an excuse to end any aid to which you are entitled. You can see this coming from a mile away.
Then there are the inevitable flare ups that are already emerging. If you don't see them yet... just give it another 10 days.
Thanks T, much appreciated.
As you might know, my daughter is a 3rd year DPT student in Melbourne Australia - graduating in December, and we have good discussions about this all of the time. She being a medical, science professional has many good points of view from the side that a lot of people like yourself are on, and she always gets me to say "Yea, I never thought of it that way."
Last night we discussed the math/death causes that I posted here yesterday, and not only was she not surprised at all by the numbers, but she had a lightening quick response as to why they are different..... "Someone can't touch something that you then touch and give you heart disease or a car accident." Leave it to my 25yr old millennial to be the first to answer the question, and do so in a way that made me say "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."
Now for some fun stuff that I asked her and you have to search your soul and look in the mirror to answer truthfully......
I simply asked her, "What if the cure, prevention, vaccine is either decades away, or in fact never comes...... is this our new life?"
She immediately said, "Oh hell no!!" So I asked her if she meant that "eventually, the planet would have to open up again, so everyone who is lucky enough to exist on it, actually has a life that is worth living?" and she paused for a bit and softly said "yes.'"
I then pointed out that with that decision, she is now exactly where I am today, but by pushing it off to the 3rd shutdown in 4 years, or the 13th shutdown in 15 years, she is then saying, "Sorry everyone, we tried, lord knows we tried, but now we all have to live our lives and if some of you don't make it, well you don't."
She then said "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."
I know some brainiac is going to pipe in this thread and say "oh, that will never happen, we will 100% have a vaccine", and to that future poster - lookin' at you Peeps, I say the same thing I say to OBJ.... Show me on the field.
Until then, it's just blah, blah, blah.
Now for some fun stuff that I asked her and you have to search your soul and look in the mirror to answer truthfully......
I simply asked her, "What if the cure, prevention, vaccine is either decades away, or in fact never comes...... is this our new life?"
She immediately said, "Oh hell no!!" So I asked her if she meant that "eventually, the planet would have to open up again, so everyone who is lucky enough to exist on it, actually has a life that is worth living?" and she paused for a bit and softly said "yes.'"
I then pointed out that with that decision, she is now exactly where I am today, but by pushing it off to the 3rd shutdown in 4 years, or the 13th shutdown in 15 years, she is then saying, "Sorry everyone, we tried, lord knows we tried, but now we all have to live our lives and if some of you don't make it, well you don't."
She then said "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."
Look forward to a long chat over a beer someday when you can tell me how she came to doing her Doctorate in Aussie-land...
My response is the basically same here as I made to a poll WSS posted down in "The Pit". Namely that your choice is a false one. Put another way there is a way, and a time, to reopen safely... and it's only weeks away, not years... and it does not require a vaccine, although a proven treatment would be helpful... more on this later.
Here's the meat of my response...
I've been playing with a new sim jointly developed by Mass General, Harvard Med., Georgia Tech and Boston Med. It shows that eight more weeks of continued stay-at-home with expanded social distancing to any reopened businesses is essential to keeping the death count by the end of August below 100k. I ran a sample to show below.
Strategy A is 8 weeks of the current, stay-at-home based measures followed by 12 weeks of minimal restrictions. Strategy B is 4 weeks of the current followed by 16 of minimal. Terms are defined on the sim's pages. The sim ends on August 31... the deaths would not.
As is the case for hurricane projections the lines are the highest probability occurence and the shaded areas show the range of possible outcomes with ever decreasing probability as the distance from the line grows. No sharpies allowed...
Four lousy added weeks is all that it is predicted to take to make all the difference...
Here's the link to the sim: https://www.covid19sim.org/
So first is the timing of the opening. The above is about a week old, and the undoing that's been started likely set us back more than that week. However, timing is only the beginning... a proper reopening needs everything this one one does not include... namely vastly increased testing and contact tracing. These can be readied during May and June while the shut-in continues.
-
I don't need your fake news...
I think you meant "TDS" since there's not a news source in the links supplied.
Really sucks when you can't even keep your cliches straight... especially when you have so few.
Of course now you have to figure out to which "TDS" I refer. Man, you Trumpettes have it rough...
https://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/chemicals/how_do.html
https://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/757312_3
EDIT: one more piece... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22651099
-
OK, I was joking here
It was an assistant professor shot in his home by his researcher who was found in his car shot dead. I would assume that the work was documented. The school plans to continue his research. I'm predicting it was a Chinese government mob hit. They don't want the disease cured before the Murder Hornets arrive in full force.
I'm predicting it was a Chinese government mob hit.
The Chinese need more innovation in eliminating those that cross them...
Three Russian doctors have fallen from hospital windows in two weeks, amid reports of dire conditions
Of course, you can push* a good modus operandi too far.
=============================================
* Pun intended.
-
According to Princess Newscum, CA is possibly starting to reopen by weeks end, so maybe, just maybe, I can save the family owned business that my hard working, uneducated father launched all by himself 47 years ago...... but I don't know if it's possible.
Some people lost a loved one, others will lose everything else.
I think one thing that may be getting discounted here is that the loss of our livelihoods is far more frightening for some of us than the virus itself. I too am a second generation owner of a family business, and there’s a shit ton of pride in that and an equal amount of concern right now.
I feel for you and others in your situation... truly. Even more so because the programs intended to help see you thru the shut-in are generally not getting to the smallest of the small and will in the end be insufficient at their current levels.
But reopening isn't the answer... people are not going to come out in sufficient numbers to help... not anytime soon anyway. Reopening will be used as an excuse to end any aid to which you are entitled. You can see this coming from a mile away.
Then there are the inevitable flare ups that are already emerging. If you don't see them yet... just give it another 10 days.
I feel for you and others in your situation... truly. Even more so because the programs intended to help see you thru the shut-in are generally not getting to the smallest of the small and will in the end be insufficient at their current levels.
But reopening isn't the answer... people are not going to come out in sufficient numbers to help... not anytime soon anyway. Reopening will be used as an excuse to end any aid to which you are entitled. You can see this coming from a mile away.
Then there are the inevitable flare ups that are already emerging. If you don't see them yet... just give it another 10 days.
It’s quite the clusterfuck Tour. A real hot mess of motivations and emotions up in here. A double edged sword for sure.
People. They are customers and clients too, the lifeblood of business. No one wants to harm them. I certainly don’t.
The notion of governmental programs and aid chaps my ass too. It’s a terribly defiant and counterproductive stance, l know.
This position of mine, It’s not really steeped in logic or reason. It’s an angry and defiant stance, cat in a corner kind of thing. Honestly. My American dream is under duress and l’m hardwired to take that personally.
-
Oh boy, nickers is going to be busy with the "Iggy" button tonight. ?
-
Oh boy, nickers is going to be busy with the "Iggy" button tonight. ?
Oh boy, nickers is going to be busy with the "Iggy" button tonight. ?
Between the shots of Clorox and the stay at home order he has nothing better to do with his time.
-
OK, I was joking here
It was an assistant professor shot in his home by his researcher who was found in his car shot dead. I would assume that the work was documented. The school plans to continue his research. I'm predicting it was a Chinese government mob hit. They don't want the disease cured before the Murder Hornets arrive in full force.
It was an assistant professor shot in his home by his researcher who was found in his car shot dead. I would assume that the work was documented. The school plans to continue his research. I'm predicting it was a Chinese government mob hit. They don't want the disease cured before the Murder Hornets arrive in full force.
Are the Murder Hornets green? Maybe Kato headed the Chinese hit squad.

-
Oh boy, nickers is going to be busy with the "Iggy" button tonight. ?
Between the shots of Clorox and the stay at home order he has nothing better to do with his time.
Between the shots of Clorox and the stay at home order he has nothing better to do with his time.
...........or maybe clean up the AR-15 to face those threats in the State Capital buildings ?
-
Between the shots of Clorox and the stay at home order he has nothing better to do with his time.
...........or maybe clean up the AR-15 to face those threats in the State Capital buildings ?
...........or maybe clean up the AR-15 to face those threats in the State Capital buildings ?
[img
][/img]
-
I feel for you and others in your situation... truly. Even more so because the programs intended to help see you thru the shut-in are generally not getting to the smallest of the small and will in the end be insufficient at their current levels.
But reopening isn't the answer... people are not going to come out in sufficient numbers to help... not anytime soon anyway. Reopening will be used as an excuse to end any aid to which you are entitled. You can see this coming from a mile away.
Then there are the inevitable flare ups that are already emerging. If you don't see them yet... just give it another 10 days.
It’s quite the clusterfuck Tour. A real hot mess of motivations and emotions up in here. A double edged sword for sure.
People. They are customers and clients too, the lifeblood of business. No one wants to harm them. I certainly don’t.
The notion of governmental programs and aid chaps my ass too. It’s a terribly defiant and counterproductive stance, l know.
This position of mine, It’s not really steeped in logic or reason. It’s an angry and defiant stance, cat in a corner kind of thing. Honestly. My American dream is under duress and l’m hardwired to take that personally.
It’s quite the clusterfuck Tour. A real hot mess of motivations and emotions up in here. A double edged sword for sure.
People. They are customers and clients too, the lifeblood of business. No one wants to harm them. I certainly don’t.
The notion of governmental programs and aid chaps my ass too. It’s a terribly defiant and counterproductive stance, l know.
This position of mine, It’s not really steeped in logic or reason. It’s an angry and defiant stance, cat in a corner kind of thing. Honestly. My American dream is under duress and l’m hardwired to take that personally.
Honest take here, this whole situation is FUBAR and sucks with no easy answers. Once the second wave happens in next few weeks maybe we will have a better understand on how to proceed forward.
-
And you're the biggest idiot...
I find that funny coming from someone that denounces irrefutable science and medical facts as fake news. The irony lol! Everyone is entitled to an opinion but here you are once again spreading 100% false/mis-information and you should be called out by the entire board for the absurdity of your claim. I don't think anyone with an IQ over 75 would believe your Bullshit about N95 masks. Cloth masks are a whole other debate but what your saying is simply untrue. I sure you think the moon is made of cheese and clouds are marshmallows. I have no idea what alternative reality or mental illness you may have but continue drinking your bleach/fish tank cleaner cocktails and injecting yourself with Lysol. You'll make the world a better place. Go ahead whine like a bitch to the mods like you always when you evidently lose an argument, but still are in the wrong an owe Tour an apology for wasting his time with you baseless thinking.
PS: I would lay off the Alex Jones for medical or covid-19 advice
I find that funny coming from someone that denounces irrefutable science and medical facts as fake news. The irony lol! Everyone is entitled to an opinion but here you are once again spreading 100% false/mis-information and you should be called out by the entire board for the absurdity of your claim. I don't think anyone with an IQ over 75 would believe your Bullshit about N95 masks. Cloth masks are a whole other debate but what your saying is simply untrue. I sure you think the moon is made of cheese and clouds are marshmallows. I have no idea what alternative reality or mental illness you may have but continue drinking your bleach/fish tank cleaner cocktails and injecting yourself with Lysol. You'll make the world a better place. Go ahead whine like a bitch to the mods like you always when you evidently lose an argument, but still are in the wrong an owe Tour an apology for wasting his time with you baseless thinking.
PS: I would lay off the Alex Jones for medical or covid-19 advice
And fuck you too , JR... You are typical Sheeple...
-
Ignorant
Yes you are... Next?
-
I don't need your fake news...
I think you meant "TDS" since there's not a news source in the links supplied.
Really sucks when you can't even keep your cliches straight... especially when you have so few.
Of course now you have to figure out to which "TDS" I refer. Man, you Trumpettes have it rough...
https://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/chemicals/how_do.html
https://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/757312_3
EDIT: one more piece... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22651099
-
Irony - the overwhelming majority of those who would call others "sheep" tend to belong in a flock of their own.
Only real difference is the Sheppard.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
