Skip to content

NFL / Covid Updates

Locked The Browns Board
481 40 12.5k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    sometimes they get elected.?

    He is a political joke.. who won because the other candidate found a way to be worse.  Who wants to bet that the D's "lesser of two evils" strategy won't get them defeated twice in a row?

    Pelosi has provided the $$ for each and every one of Trump's initiatives, Schumer has supported each of his judges, and no Senator has used either their hold or filibuster abilities to halt the trillion-dollar pro-corporate bills going thru the senate.

    Many countries have one-party rule.. America does as well, except that in typical American fashion, there's two of them.

    @unsympathetic said:

    1. Pelosi has provided the $$ for each and every one of Trump's initiatives,
    2. Schumer has supported each of his judges, and
    3. no Senator has used either their hold or filibuster abilities to halt the trillion-dollar pro-corporate bills going thru the senate.
    1. Never funded "The Wall". Those funds were dubiously repurposed out of the Defense budget. Pretty sure there are other examples as well, but mostly what comes to mind are the recent examples of Trump taking credit for ideas Dems hammered into the Virus Relief bills.
    2. Schumer has supported under 30% of the Nominees. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7kz5da/here-are-the-senate-democrats-voting-for-trump-nominated-judges-and-why
    3. To the best of my knowledge the era of the secret hold has been over for a while now. It's now a meaningless gesture subject to the will of the Senate Majority leader. While the filibuster is a token effort now only employed by publicity hounds like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul. Finally while cloture for bills still is at the 60 vote threshold, have to remember that since January, 2018 all the bills have been compromise bills. The only significant bill during the two prior years, the Tax Bill, was done by the Pubs thru the budget reconciliation procedure... the same tactic Dems used to pass the ACA.

    Your grip of facts is right up there with Tucker C's...

  • https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-anthony-fauci-says-theres-181932973.html

    Dr. Anthony Fauci says there's 'virtually no chance' that COVID-19 will be eradicated

    Associated Press

    Dr. Anthony Fauci said in an interview with NBC Sports on Saturday that there was little chance that the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19, will be eradicated.

    Fauci said that with "global travel, every single day, of literally hundreds of thousands of people coming into the United States every day from all over, there's no chance we're going to be virus-free."

    He said that the 2003 SARS outbreak, caused by another type of coronavirus, was contained largely because it didn't spread as quickly as the novel coronavirus.

    The novel coronavirus "is so transmissible, and it is so widespread throughout the world, that even if our infections get well controlled and go down dramatically during the summer, there is virtually no chance it will be eradicated," Fauci said.

    CWO2.jpg

  • giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a4db768e47fb317f619

  • You kids really need to move this thread to the Poli board.   

  • You kids really need to move this thread to the Poli board.   

    @tiamat63 said:

    You kids really need to move this thread to the Poli board.   

    Why does Marty McFly Jr look exactly like his father? - Science ...

  • 3 more months in Los Angeles county. That will just about do it for us. 

  • You kids really need to move this thread to the Poli board.   

    @tiamat63 said:

    You kids really need to move this thread to the Poli board.   

    Oh hell, no...

    This is serving as a Safety valve for this section of the Boards.

  • 3 more months in Los Angeles county. That will just about do it for us. 

    @d-bone said:

    3 more months in Los Angeles county. That will just about do it for us.

    Hope the next phase of the package gets to you in time to avert this.

  • @d-bone said:

    3 more months in Los Angeles county. That will just about do it for us.

    Hope the next phase of the package gets to you in time to avert this.

    @tour2ma said:

    Hope the next phase of the package gets to you in time to avert this.

    If there's any money left over after the oil companies and such have picked over the carcass, perhaps. 

  • Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

    I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

    My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

    As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

    I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

    It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

  • Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

    I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

    My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

    As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

    I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

    It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

    @d-bone said:

    Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

    I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

    My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

    As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

    I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

    It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

    Not sure what one has to do with the other....why the business woes must diminish your fandom.  I would think you would want some kind of distraction from the problems you face...and why not sports? 

    Nevertheless.... you are right....it has been reported that so much of the money that was supposed to go to small businesses like yours (not sure what you do)  have gone to the fat cat corporations.  Thanks to McConnell. 

    I could link  any number of sites...but you know the deal. 

  • Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

    I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

    My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

    As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

    I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

    It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

    @d-bone said:

    Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off.

    Best of luck to you, D...

  • I kind of know what he is talking about.  I have interest in the Browns, but I might not if the NFL pushes to play the season with fans in the stadium.  The league can take some measures to help protect on field help.  They can't do squat to protect fans unless they tell the fans to stay home this year.

    I just spent a little over $3500 on my two season tickets.  I don't think I am going to any games.  My life might not be worth much to some of you, but it's worth over $3500 to me.

    I'll take a credit towards next season, but this won't be gone by then.  Aids is a virus that has been around since the early/mid 80's.  Where is the vaccine for that?  Common colds are a coronavirus.  Colds have been around for a few years now, no?

  • @d-bone said:

    Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

    I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

    My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

    As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

    I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

    It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

    Not sure what one has to do with the other....why the business woes must diminish your fandom.  I would think you would want some kind of distraction from the problems you face...and why not sports? 

    Nevertheless.... you are right....it has been reported that so much of the money that was supposed to go to small businesses like yours (not sure what you do)  have gone to the fat cat corporations.  Thanks to McConnell. 

    I could link  any number of sites...but you know the deal. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Not sure what one has to do with the other....why the business woes must diminish your fandom.  I would think you would want some kind of distraction from the problems you face...and why not sports? 

    Rob a man of his passion, the daily thing that wokes the fire in his belly and you'll find he cares not for much else.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not sure what one has to do with the other....why the business woes must diminish your fandom.  I would think you would want some kind of distraction from the problems you face...and why not sports? 

    Rob a man of his passion, the daily thing that wokes the fire in his belly and you'll find he cares not for much else.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Rob a man of his passion, the daily thing that wokes the fire in his belly and you'll find he cares not for much else.

    Well, that is a sad situation.  I am just hopeful that he can get through it.   I just thought that  being invested in his sports teams could help that matter. 

  • Gip's complete lack of empathy leaves me speechless.

  • Gip's complete lack of empathy leaves me speechless.

    @tour2ma said:

    Gip's complete lack of empathy leaves me speechless.

     You are one  ignorant, cowardly piece of shit. 

    Why,? You are ignorant because you only saw the piece of the reply that was quoted. The whole post was in fact quite empathetic to DBone...which you would have recognized had you seen it.  But, you are too big of a  coward to read my posts, which partially explains your ignorance. Had you seen my follow post you would have known. 

    But then....maybe Tia is somewhat to blame for only copying and pasting a portion of my post.  You would probably have still exhibited your ignorance and cowardice even if he had. 

    I was trying to prop up DBone....to have him not give up on some of the simple pleasures he may enjoy in life, like sports,  even in the face of the difficult times he is facing. 

    But, a small, petty man like you would have no comprehension of this sort of thing......

    ...which, by the way, is the kind of thing I have dealt with in my career for nearly 40 years. 

  • Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

    I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

    My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

    As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

    I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

    It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

    @d-bone said:

    I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie!

    As for assistance from the government?? 

    All the best to you & your family matters Bone..  know where your heart is at, as it should be at this time... keep those bike rides on the happy trails ?‍♂️..  wishing you the best pal

    Edit--Well said Tia ? 

  • Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

    I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

    My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

    As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

    I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

    It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

    @d-bone said:

    Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

    I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

    My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

    As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

    I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

    It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

    Wish you the best.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Gip's complete lack of empathy leaves me speechless.

     You are one  ignorant, cowardly piece of shit. 

    Why,? You are ignorant because you only saw the piece of the reply that was quoted. The whole post was in fact quite empathetic to DBone...which you would have recognized had you seen it.  But, you are too big of a  coward to read my posts, which partially explains your ignorance. Had you seen my follow post you would have known. 

    But then....maybe Tia is somewhat to blame for only copying and pasting a portion of my post.  You would probably have still exhibited your ignorance and cowardice even if he had. 

    I was trying to prop up DBone....to have him not give up on some of the simple pleasures he may enjoy in life, like sports,  even in the face of the difficult times he is facing. 

    But, a small, petty man like you would have no comprehension of this sort of thing......

    ...which, by the way, is the kind of thing I have dealt with in my career for nearly 40 years. 

    @the-gipper said:

     You are one  ignorant, cowardly piece of shit. 

    Why,? You are ignorant because you only saw the piece of the reply that was quoted. The whole post was in fact quite empathetic to DBone...which you would have recognized had you seen it.  But, you are too big of a  coward to read my posts, which partially explains your ignorance. Had you seen my follow post you would have known. 

    But then....maybe Tia is somewhat to blame for only copying and pasting a portion of my post.  You would probably have still exhibited your ignorance and cowardice even if he had. 

    I was trying to prop up DBone....to have him not give up on some of the simple pleasures he may enjoy in life, like sports,  even in the face of the difficult times he is facing. 

    But, a small, petty man like you would have no comprehension of this sort of thing......

    ...which, by the way, is the kind of thing I have dealt with in my career for nearly 40 years. 

    Your mama’s a man