NFL / Covid Updates
-
Your mama’s a man
If you consider a person who had to endure the Irish revolution, who lived through the Blitz of London, who nursed the war wounded in WWII, who had to try to dig out her father after a Nazi bomb fell on him (to no avail), who raised 6 kids...a "man" you would be right. More of a man than most men.
If you consider a person who had to endure the Irish revolution, who lived through the Blitz of London, who nursed the war wounded in WWII, who had to try to dig out her father after a Nazi bomb fell on him (to no avail), who raised 6 kids...a "man" you would be right. More of a man than most men.
Touche’
-
Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost.
I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.
My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying.
As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane.
I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together."
It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored
Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost.
I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.
My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying.
As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane.
I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together."
It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored
This whole situation sucks and there's people that will lose more than the others, as always.
Don't think less of yourself for believeing the "American Dream" or for having to close the business your father fought years for.
There's not much one can do when all the odds are against and there's a lot you can be proud of. Many people spend their lives not even giving a fight and I'm pretty sure you are not one of those.
Stay close to the ones you love through the storm and better days will come. Maybe the Browns won't win, but we will have a laugh about it. Pink font and all.

Take care, Dbone.
-
Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost.
I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.
My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying.
As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane.
I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together."
It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored
This whole situation sucks and there's people that will lose more than the others, as always.
Don't think less of yourself for believeing the "American Dream" or for having to close the business your father fought years for.
There's not much one can do when all the odds are against and there's a lot you can be proud of. Many people spend their lives not even giving a fight and I'm pretty sure you are not one of those.
Stay close to the ones you love through the storm and better days will come. Maybe the Browns won't win, but we will have a laugh about it. Pink font and all.

Take care, Dbone.
This whole situation sucks and there's people that will lose more than the others, as always.
Don't think less of yourself for believeing the "American Dream" or for having to close the business your father fought years for.
There's not much one can do when all the odds are against and there's a lot you can be proud of. Many people spend their lives not even giving a fight and I'm pretty sure you are not one of those.
Stay close to the ones you love through the storm and better days will come. Maybe the Browns won't win, but we will have a laugh about it. Pink font and all.

Take care, Dbone.
Seriously man, you sound depressed. Stay on top of that.
I have a feeling more people are going to die due to the economic fallout than the actual virus. Don't be one.
-
This whole situation sucks and there's people that will lose more than the others, as always.
Don't think less of yourself for believeing the "American Dream" or for having to close the business your father fought years for.
There's not much one can do when all the odds are against and there's a lot you can be proud of. Many people spend their lives not even giving a fight and I'm pretty sure you are not one of those.
Stay close to the ones you love through the storm and better days will come. Maybe the Browns won't win, but we will have a laugh about it. Pink font and all.

Take care, Dbone.
Seriously man, you sound depressed. Stay on top of that.
I have a feeling more people are going to die due to the economic fallout than the actual virus. Don't be one.
Seriously man, you sound depressed. Stay on top of that.
I have a feeling more people are going to die due to the economic fallout than the actual virus. Don't be one.
I was actually trying to say some kind words to Dbone, lol.
I'm not having a good time but I have been to worse times. We'll get out of this one!
-
This whole situation sucks and there's people that will lose more than the others, as always.
Don't think less of yourself for believeing the "American Dream" or for having to close the business your father fought years for.
There's not much one can do when all the odds are against and there's a lot you can be proud of. Many people spend their lives not even giving a fight and I'm pretty sure you are not one of those.
Stay close to the ones you love through the storm and better days will come. Maybe the Browns won't win, but we will have a laugh about it. Pink font and all.

Take care, Dbone.
Seriously man, you sound depressed. Stay on top of that.
I have a feeling more people are going to die due to the economic fallout than the actual virus. Don't be one.
Seriously man, you sound depressed. Stay on top of that.
I have a feeling more people are going to die due to the economic fallout than the actual virus. Don't be one.
Are you talking about like suicide or some such? I would certainly hope not, considering that we are pushing 90,000 deaths in this country from the virus so far. And that is why I encouraged him to stick with his love/interest in sports/football/Browns. You know this being an attorney yourself....it is partly why the term "Counselor" is associated with being an attorney. When you have clients who have suffered financial devastation...having to go bankrupt or assert other remedies, or who have had loved ones die, or who face the breakup of their marriage/family, or who face even criminal prosecution.....you have to give them some kind of lifesaver to cling on to....some kind of encouragement for hope for something in the future.
-
Seriously man, you sound depressed. Stay on top of that.
I have a feeling more people are going to die due to the economic fallout than the actual virus. Don't be one.
I was actually trying to say some kind words to Dbone, lol.
I'm not having a good time but I have been to worse times. We'll get out of this one!
-
-
No one says you have to wait.....go on. Get out there. Do your thing. We won't forget to put roses on your grave. (or your grandparents/parents whom you may have infected).
My Grandparents are already dead.. But thanks for playing along...
-
No one says you have to wait.....go on. Get out there. Do your thing. We won't forget to put roses on your grave. (or your grandparents/parents whom you may have infected).
My Grandparents are already dead.. But thanks for playing along...
My Grandparents are already dead.. But thanks for playing along...
Half of mine were dead before I was born. Both Grandfathers. I believe a bleeding ulcer got one, and a fucking Nazi bomb got the other. Both of my grandmothers lived to be old enough...(like 85) .yet both of them died before I graduated from HS. Cigarettes got my Mom, and alcohol got my Dad. For me, it will probably be sugar.
-
My Grandparents are already dead.. But thanks for playing along...
Half of mine were dead before I was born. Both Grandfathers. I believe a bleeding ulcer got one, and a fucking Nazi bomb got the other. Both of my grandmothers lived to be old enough...(like 85) .yet both of them died before I graduated from HS. Cigarettes got my Mom, and alcohol got my Dad. For me, it will probably be sugar.
Half of mine were dead before I was born. Both Grandfathers. I believe a bleeding ulcer got one, and a fucking Nazi bomb got the other. Both of my grandmothers lived to be old enough...(like 85) .yet both of them died before I graduated from HS. Cigarettes got my Mom, and alcohol got my Dad. For me, it will probably be sugar.
My Moms father was killed during WWII in europe fighting for the Croatian Ustasa.. Her mother died of natural causes in 2010. Grandpa on dads side died in 72 when I was 7, His wife passed in 1980.. Cigarettes and Alcohol took my father in 08.. He was only 69.. My Grandparents lived considerably long lives.The eldest being 95.. Like yourself.. My death may be sugar related as well.... I still wear a mask out of respect for others.. But I personally think it's bunkola!
-
Half of mine were dead before I was born. Both Grandfathers. I believe a bleeding ulcer got one, and a fucking Nazi bomb got the other. Both of my grandmothers lived to be old enough...(like 85) .yet both of them died before I graduated from HS. Cigarettes got my Mom, and alcohol got my Dad. For me, it will probably be sugar.
My Moms father was killed during WWII in europe fighting for the Croatian Ustasa.. Her mother died of natural causes in 2010. Grandpa on dads side died in 72 when I was 7, His wife passed in 1980.. Cigarettes and Alcohol took my father in 08.. He was only 69.. My Grandparents lived considerably long lives.The eldest being 95.. Like yourself.. My death may be sugar related as well.... I still wear a mask out of respect for others.. But I personally think it's bunkola!
-
NFL engineers and sports-equipment company Oakley are testing prototypes of modified facemasks that might contain surgical or N95 material, the NFL Players Association's medical director said Monday.
Speaking on Monday's The Adam Schefter Podcast, Thom Mayer said "there will probably be a recommendation" that the NFL use such masks to protect players from the coronavirus when the league returns to play.
"Back in early March, I had suggested that we should consider novel and emerging ways to handle the helmets and the facemasks and the spread of the virus," Mayer said. "And these guys, the bioengineers that we use and that the league uses -- Oakley, as you may or may not know, does all the face visors for the league under contract -- these guys got the bit between their teeth."
-
NFL engineers and sports-equipment company Oakley are testing prototypes of modified facemasks that might contain surgical or N95 material, the NFL Players Association's medical director said Monday.
Speaking on Monday's The Adam Schefter Podcast, Thom Mayer said "there will probably be a recommendation" that the NFL use such masks to protect players from the coronavirus when the league returns to play.
"Back in early March, I had suggested that we should consider novel and emerging ways to handle the helmets and the facemasks and the spread of the virus," Mayer said. "And these guys, the bioengineers that we use and that the league uses -- Oakley, as you may or may not know, does all the face visors for the league under contract -- these guys got the bit between their teeth."
NFL engineers and sports-equipment company Oakley are testing prototypes of modified facemasks that might contain surgical or N95 material, the NFL Players Association's medical director said Monday.
Speaking on Monday's The Adam Schefter Podcast, Thom Mayer said "there will probably be a recommendation" that the NFL use such masks to protect players from the coronavirus when the league returns to play.
"Back in early March, I had suggested that we should consider novel and emerging ways to handle the helmets and the facemasks and the spread of the virus," Mayer said. "And these guys, the bioengineers that we use and that the league uses -- Oakley, as you may or may not know, does all the face visors for the league under contract -- these guys got the bit between their teeth."
Cool. Maybe I'll get one to wear to the grocery store and have an advantage when I have to fight one of those MAGA assholes who insists on not wearing one while breaking the rules on distancing at the checkout counter. I could also threaten to go full Garrett on him too.?
-
NFL engineers and sports-equipment company Oakley are testing prototypes of modified facemasks that might contain surgical or N95 material, the NFL Players Association's medical director said Monday.
Speaking on Monday's The Adam Schefter Podcast, Thom Mayer said "there will probably be a recommendation" that the NFL use such masks to protect players from the coronavirus when the league returns to play.
"Back in early March, I had suggested that we should consider novel and emerging ways to handle the helmets and the facemasks and the spread of the virus," Mayer said. "And these guys, the bioengineers that we use and that the league uses -- Oakley, as you may or may not know, does all the face visors for the league under contract -- these guys got the bit between their teeth."
Cool. Maybe I'll get one to wear to the grocery store and have an advantage when I have to fight one of those MAGA assholes who insists on not wearing one while breaking the rules on distancing at the checkout counter. I could also threaten to go full Garrett on him too.?
Cool. Maybe I'll get one to wear to the grocery store and have an advantage when I have to fight one of those MAGA assholes who insists on not wearing one while breaking the rules on distancing at the checkout counter. I could also threaten to go full Garrett on him too.?
Well, you don't have to go to that extreme......what you simply do there is that when you encounter one of them not keeping his distance , pull your mask down and fake cough in his direction. See how he reacts to that.
-
Cool. Maybe I'll get one to wear to the grocery store and have an advantage when I have to fight one of those MAGA assholes who insists on not wearing one while breaking the rules on distancing at the checkout counter. I could also threaten to go full Garrett on him too.?
Well, you don't have to go to that extreme......what you simply do there is that when you encounter one of them not keeping his distance , pull your mask down and fake cough in his direction. See how he reacts to that.
Well, you don't have to go to that extreme......what you simply do there is that when you encounter one of them not keeping his distance , pull your mask down and fake cough in his direction. See how he reacts to that.
Instant fisticuffs for sure.?
-
Well, you don't have to go to that extreme......what you simply do there is that when you encounter one of them not keeping his distance , pull your mask down and fake cough in his direction. See how he reacts to that.
Instant fisticuffs for sure.?
Instant fisticuffs for sure.?
Maybe....but it would also point out their stupidity.
-
I can't imagine playing NFL or any football with an anti-coronovirus mask when you're gasping for some cool fresh air to breathe.
I'm also having trouble with the idea of wearing masks in dugouts in baseball and trying to communicate with your players.......and breathing.
I think that there are a few "bugs" to work out here.
......oh and broadcasters wearing masks while calling a game.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login