Skip to content

NFL / Covid Updates

Locked The Browns Board
481 40 12.5k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Interesting given your attempt at passing off football related falsehoods (rumors) as fact.

    But reading the rest of your posts in this thread, at least you're consistent with the bullshit.  I despise when people say something rational then incredibly dumb the next post. Makes it difficult whether they should be taken seriously or not.

    Anyone who thinks they should take anybody "seriously" on an Internet sports message board might want to re-think things. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Anyone who thinks they should take anybody "seriously" on an Internet sports message board might want to re-think things. 

    Thanks for the tip.     (News flash:  we never took you seriously heretofore, so you needn't have worried)

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Interesting given your attempt at passing off football related falsehoods (rumors) as fact.

    But reading the rest of your posts in this thread, at least you're consistent with the bullshit.  I despise when people say something rational then incredibly dumb the next post. Makes it difficult whether they should be taken seriously or not.

    Anyone who thinks they should take anybody "seriously" on an Internet sports message board might want to re-think things. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @icecube said:

    Anyone who thinks they should take anybody "seriously" on an Internet sports message board might want to re-think things. 

    If I'm going to invest any amount of time reading the thoughts of a stranger within a community of mutual passionate fans on topics revolving around a game many of us hold dear, then I prefer to read the words of someone I know won't be wasting my fucking time.

    We're all here to share thoughts, insight, musings and to disseminate our love and knowledge of football.

    Some are more worthy of the time spent reading their material than others.   The important thing is determining which one's.

    You've spent time trying to convince others on this board of things that are out right lies.   But you're going to tell me to "re-think".   Google the word "projection". You might discover something about yourself.

  • @icecube said:

    Anyone who thinks they should take anybody "seriously" on an Internet sports message board might want to re-think things. 

    If I'm going to invest any amount of time reading the thoughts of a stranger within a community of mutual passionate fans on topics revolving around a game many of us hold dear, then I prefer to read the words of someone I know won't be wasting my fucking time.

    We're all here to share thoughts, insight, musings and to disseminate our love and knowledge of football.

    Some are more worthy of the time spent reading their material than others.   The important thing is determining which one's.

    You've spent time trying to convince others on this board of things that are out right lies.   But you're going to tell me to "re-think".   Google the word "projection". You might discover something about yourself.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    If I'm going to invest any amount of time reading the thoughts of a stranger within a community of mutual passionate fans on topics revolving around a game many of us hold dear, then I prefer to read the words of someone I know won't be wasting my fucking time.

    We're all here to share thoughts, insight, musings and to disseminate our love and knowledge of football.

    Some are more worthy of the time spent reading their material than others.   The important thing is determining which one's.

    You've spent time trying to convince others on this board of things that are out right lies.   But you're going to tell me to "re-think".   Google the word "projection". You might discover something about yourself.

    <long whistle sound> Tell me what "lies"I tried to sell people? Are you confusing "opinions" as anything than what they are? Let's just say if you are seeking approval and self-validation from an Internet sports message board, you might be in for a lot of disappointment in life. If you seek to take anyone "serious" from a message board, then, well, good luck to yea. Do you also look to take callers on talk sports radio "serious" as well? No difference. Bizarre. 

  • @icecube said:

    Anyone who thinks they should take anybody "seriously" on an Internet sports message board might want to re-think things. 

    Thanks for the tip.     (News flash:  we never took you seriously heretofore, so you needn't have worried)

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Thanks for the tip.     (News flash:  we never took you seriously heretofore, so you needn't have worried)

    Who is "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket? 

    Searching for self-validation and worth from a sport Internet message board is a hollow pursuit; it is beyond curious. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If I'm going to invest any amount of time reading the thoughts of a stranger within a community of mutual passionate fans on topics revolving around a game many of us hold dear, then I prefer to read the words of someone I know won't be wasting my fucking time.

    We're all here to share thoughts, insight, musings and to disseminate our love and knowledge of football.

    Some are more worthy of the time spent reading their material than others.   The important thing is determining which one's.

    You've spent time trying to convince others on this board of things that are out right lies.   But you're going to tell me to "re-think".   Google the word "projection". You might discover something about yourself.

    <long whistle sound> Tell me what "lies"I tried to sell people? Are you confusing "opinions" as anything than what they are? Let's just say if you are seeking approval and self-validation from an Internet sports message board, you might be in for a lot of disappointment in life. If you seek to take anyone "serious" from a message board, then, well, good luck to yea. Do you also look to take callers on talk sports radio "serious" as well? No difference. Bizarre. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    <long whistle sound> Tell me what "lies"I tried to sell people? Are you confusing "opinions" as anything than what they are? Let's just say if you are seeking approval and self-validation from an Internet sports message board, you might be in for a lot of disappointment in life. If you seek to take anyone "serious" from a message board, then, well, good luck to yea. Do you also look to take callers on talk sports radio "serious" as well? No difference. Bizarre. 

    No, i'm not confusing anything.    And again, if you're talking approval and self validation to someone else, the idea of looking up the word "projection" really applies quite nicely to you. 

    Good day, sir.

  • @icecube said:

    You actually buy what the TV tells you? Incredible. 

    I buy that over 90,000 are dead from it....maybe more.    I buy that there have been a million and a half cases.  Probably more.

    I buy that you could get it and die from it.   I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

    I buy that Trump is so spooked about it having been so close to him that he is now trying crazy bullshit to try to avoid getting it.

    I buy that as a 68 year old with diabetes it could be deadly for me if I am not careful about things, ergo I am careful. 

    And, I will be brutally honest:  rather you than me. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I buy that over 90,000 are dead from it....maybe more.    I buy that there have been a million and a half cases.  Probably more.

    I buy that you could get it and die from it.   I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

    I buy that Trump is so spooked about it having been so close to him that he is now trying crazy bullshit to try to avoid getting it.

    I buy that as a 68 year old with diabetes it could be deadly for me if I am not careful about things, ergo I am careful. 

    And, I will be brutally honest:  rather you than me. 

    98352053_10158300621934894_5081509896776581120_n.jpg

  • @icecube said:

    <long whistle sound> Tell me what "lies"I tried to sell people? Are you confusing "opinions" as anything than what they are? Let's just say if you are seeking approval and self-validation from an Internet sports message board, you might be in for a lot of disappointment in life. If you seek to take anyone "serious" from a message board, then, well, good luck to yea. Do you also look to take callers on talk sports radio "serious" as well? No difference. Bizarre. 

    No, i'm not confusing anything.    And again, if you're talking approval and self validation to someone else, the idea of looking up the word "projection" really applies quite nicely to you. 

    Good day, sir.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    No, i'm not confusing anything.    And again, if you're talking approval and self validation to someone else, the idea of looking up the word "projection" really applies quite nicely to you. 

    Good day, sir.

    I see, you answered no specific questions. Just threw mud against the wall. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No, i'm not confusing anything.    And again, if you're talking approval and self validation to someone else, the idea of looking up the word "projection" really applies quite nicely to you. 

    Good day, sir.

    I see, you answered no specific questions. Just threw mud against the wall. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    I see, you answered no specific questions. Just threw mud against the wall. 

    Don't bother trying to convince the DemoRats anything other than its Trumps fault , of course...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Thanks for the tip.     (News flash:  we never took you seriously heretofore, so you needn't have worried)

    Who is "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket? 

    Searching for self-validation and worth from a sport Internet message board is a hollow pursuit; it is beyond curious. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Who is "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket? 

    Searching for self-validation and worth from a sport Internet message board is a hollow pursuit; it is beyond curious. 

    Then why do you do it? 

    And,  Every single other poster on this board is we. 

  • @icecube said:

    I see, you answered no specific questions. Just threw mud against the wall. 

    Don't bother trying to convince the DemoRats anything other than its Trumps fault , of course...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Don't bother trying to convince the DemoRats anything other than its Trumps fault , of course...

    I will grant you this:   Trump is not responsible for the creation of the virus........

  • @icecube said:

    I see, you answered no specific questions. Just threw mud against the wall. 

    Don't bother trying to convince the DemoRats anything other than its Trumps fault , of course...

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Don't bother trying to convince the DemoRats anything other than its Trumps fault , of course...

    Gipper is a super left lib? OK, now I get it. 

  • @nickers said:

    Don't bother trying to convince the DemoRats anything other than its Trumps fault , of course...

    Gipper is a super left lib? OK, now I get it. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @icecube said:

    Gipper is a super left lib? OK, now I get it. 

    Actually, I am more of a centrist politically....as my degree is in political science, and I have studied all kinds of political systems, most of which have little today with the whole "left-right" dichotomy we have in this country.  Test me if you would like. 

    What I am is anti-ignorant. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I buy that over 90,000 are dead from it....maybe more.    I buy that there have been a million and a half cases.  Probably more.

    I buy that you could get it and die from it.   I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

    I buy that Trump is so spooked about it having been so close to him that he is now trying crazy bullshit to try to avoid getting it.

    I buy that as a 68 year old with diabetes it could be deadly for me if I am not careful about things, ergo I am careful. 

    And, I will be brutally honest:  rather you than me. 

    98352053_10158300621934894_5081509896776581120_n.jpg

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    98352053_10158300621934894_5081509896776581120_n.jpg

    Fine... just give us a reasonable number and we won't bother you until it is exceeded.

    And "the flu" doesn't have a "vaccine". Every season gets a best guess cocktail of which "common" strains are most likely to be the most active that season. It's the way it has to be due to production lead time requirements.There have been seasons where they have completely missed the mark.

    Covid ain't the flu...

    Educating the ignorant...

  • @ballpeen said:

    Seriously man, you sound depressed.   Stay on top of that.  

    I have a feeling more people are going to die due to the economic fallout than the actual virus.   Don't be one.

    Are you talking about like  suicide or some such?   I would certainly hope not, considering that we are pushing 90,000 deaths in this country from the virus so far.   And that is why I encouraged him to stick with his love/interest in sports/football/Browns.  You know this being an attorney yourself....it is partly why the term "Counselor" is associated with being an attorney.  When you have clients who have suffered financial devastation...having to go bankrupt or assert other remedies,  or who have  had loved ones die, or who face the breakup of their marriage/family, or who face even criminal prosecution.....you have to give them some kind of  lifesaver to cling on to....some kind of encouragement for hope for something in the future.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Are you talking about like  suicide or some such?   I would certainly hope not, considering that we are pushing 90,000 deaths in this country from the virus so far.   And that is why I encouraged him to stick with his love/interest in sports/football/Browns.  You know this being an attorney yourself....it is partly why the term "Counselor" is associated with being an attorney.  When you have clients who have suffered financial devastation...having to go bankrupt or assert other remedies,  or who have  had loved ones die, or who face the breakup of their marriage/family, or who face even criminal prosecution.....you have to give them some kind of  lifesaver to cling on to....some kind of encouragement for hope for something in the future.

    Not just that.  It may take 20 years to pan out.

    You lose your business and savings, and dream.  Then your family.

    You end up sheltering under a bridge.  How long can you expect to do that before you get stabbed or just die?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No, i'm not confusing anything.    And again, if you're talking approval and self validation to someone else, the idea of looking up the word "projection" really applies quite nicely to you. 

    Good day, sir.

    I see, you answered no specific questions. Just threw mud against the wall. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    I see, you answered no specific questions. Just threw mud against the wall. 

    You attempted to convince us you had organizational sources after hearing about "trade rumors" from your "sources" then admitting it was something you had heard that mroning on national daily NFL talk shows.  Even better, after discovering that notta-one nationally televised show covered the topic you attempted to generate out of thin air, you linked an article from the most obscure corner of the internet that was already months old as your proof.

    Your material is a waste of time.  You... are a waste of time.  

    Good.  Day.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Are you talking about like  suicide or some such?   I would certainly hope not, considering that we are pushing 90,000 deaths in this country from the virus so far.   And that is why I encouraged him to stick with his love/interest in sports/football/Browns.  You know this being an attorney yourself....it is partly why the term "Counselor" is associated with being an attorney.  When you have clients who have suffered financial devastation...having to go bankrupt or assert other remedies,  or who have  had loved ones die, or who face the breakup of their marriage/family, or who face even criminal prosecution.....you have to give them some kind of  lifesaver to cling on to....some kind of encouragement for hope for something in the future.

    Not just that.  It may take 20 years to pan out.

    You lose your business and savings, and dream.  Then your family.

    You end up sheltering under a bridge.  How long can you expect to do that before you get stabbed or just die?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @ballpeen said:

    Not just that.  It may take 20 years to pan out.

    You lose your business and savings, and dream.  Then your family.

    You end up sheltering under a bridge.  How long can you expect to do that before you get stabbed or just die?

    Well, Russ, again, I don't know if you ever practiced  any bankruptcy law,   but I did  quite a bit.   I have seen any number of people do just that.   Lose their business, savings, dreams.     And yes.....to paraphrase the old song:    Bankruptcy and divorce go together like a horse and carriage.  

    And, a little inside baseball.....advice I give my clients:    do the bankruptcy first before you do the divorce. If you do it after, you will both have to do it separately, meaning that each would have to pay different lawyers and pay and go through different bankruptcy proceedings.  And often, the bankruptcy relieves the biggest issue in the marriage:  financial stress. (and many of them have stayed together after doing the bankruptcy after that stressor has been removed) 

    The point is, this is nothing new in the world.   

    I have seen many if not most of those clients make a comeback.  In fact, I had a couple of clients  go bankrupt like 3 times.   And remember, you have to wait  6-8 years before you go again.  They were able to re-establish credit...to the point that they got in trouble again years later.    And I have had bankruptcy clients who were even able to buy a house a year or two after going. 

    I don't ever recall that any of them ever had to shelter under a bridge, or get stabbed and die.    Of course,  I wasn't privy to the future  fate of every client that I ever did a bankruptcy for.  But, from my experience, most people are resilient and can and do recover. 

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    Goodness gracious, now you guys are having me "take up" for Gipper. Small world.

    While a majority of cases are elderly, there are still cases who are not. And since Gipper actually stated HIS reason, no need to downplay his worry over this virus.

    And it makes ZERO sense to say this is political (and I am neither D or R), as what would be the reason for every other country to lie for the US?

    Now, I don't think that you are wrong about the hospitals getting the money, and I could see a reasonable amount of inflated numbers. But to compare to the flu is ASININE, especially when you include numbers. 45-65 in a season, compared to the reports of 90 in 2 months.

    And another thing that makes zero sense to me is people who talk about listening to the "real news" compared to fake. Well doesn't that just indicate what news you agree with? Because I don't think anyone can convince me that almost EVERY analyst on EVERY "main stream network" is affiliated with the same political party. Heck, 2 years ago one of them was supposed to be the only "real news", then after they cover something in a different view point, they are all of a sudden fake news as well? How does that make sense.

    And no, I don't think this is the Presidents fault. Even IF some things could have been handled differently, there isn't a playbook on how to handle this. 

  • @icecube said:

    Gipper is a super left lib? OK, now I get it. 

    Actually, I am more of a centrist politically....as my degree is in political science, and I have studied all kinds of political systems, most of which have little today with the whole "left-right" dichotomy we have in this country.  Test me if you would like. 

    What I am is anti-ignorant. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by Icecube

    @the-gipper said:

    Actually, I am more of a centrist politically....as my degree is in political science, and I have studied all kinds of political systems, most of which have little today with the whole "left-right" dichotomy we have in this country.  Test me if you would like. 

    What I am is anti-ignorant. 

    I find the last line ironic considering the vast bull crap you have bought about CV. 

    In PA 3,106 of the citizens have died due to Covid-19. The average age of those that have passed away is 79 years old. To date, of these 3,106 deaths, 2,108 of these persons lived in nursing homes, personal care homes and assisted living residences. That means 67.9% those who have died lived in these types of settings. Of the 3,106 persons who have died, 11.9% had 4 comorbidities, 22.7% had 3 comorbidities, 27.2% had 2 comorbidities, 22.6% had 1 comorbidity and 11% had zero comorbidities. While these percentages only add up to 95.4%, these were the statistics that were provided to us verbally. Of the 3,106 persons who died, 61% had hypertension, 54% had heart disease, 37% had diabetes and 30% had chronic pulmonary disease. According to the Hospital and Health System Association of Pennsylvania (HAP), citing Pennsylvania Department of Health statistics, there are 37,000 beds in Pennsylvania hospitals. As of today, 2,572 of these beds were occupied by Covid-l9 patients, which amounts to 6.95%. There are only 539 patients in the hospitals on ventilators, which amounts to 1.46% of all hospital beds.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I buy that over 90,000 are dead from it....maybe more.    I buy that there have been a million and a half cases.  Probably more.

    I buy that you could get it and die from it.   I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

    I buy that Trump is so spooked about it having been so close to him that he is now trying crazy bullshit to try to avoid getting it.

    I buy that as a 68 year old with diabetes it could be deadly for me if I am not careful about things, ergo I am careful. 

    And, I will be brutally honest:  rather you than me. 

    All the stats for CV are cooked. Hospitals made huge $ by exaggerating CV deaths, fact. Under the "rules" anyone dying of almost anything could be blamed on CV and they got $ for every one of them, no tests needed. Also, evidence suggests many who have got the flu shot will test positive for CV. And, you can take your roses and shove them up your @ss. At this point, you're a duped patsy. 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    All the stats for CV are cooked

    If they're so cooked, then why do you spend the rest of your post quoting them?

    If they're cooked.. then I'd expect you to UNCOOK them: To state your hypothesis and show [not using words, using statistics] your reasoning what you think is actually happening.  Instead.. as with all of your posts.. Nothing.

    For the uninitiated: Any effect you're asserting has to be larger than what might happen by chance.. or else you've once again got.. nothing.  And how do you know what might happen by chance? Math!

    Numbers mean zip by themselves.. it's the context, the explanation that makes them meaningful.

    Using your own logic of no proof needed: I think you're a terrorist.  And since no case would be needed in your world, you'd be in prison for life.

    This [your assertion you have True Knowledge] is the same level of truth needed to convict someone of witchcraft in the 1600's.

    It's almost like you don't have an interest in objective reality.

    You know, like a troll.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Actually, I am more of a centrist politically....as my degree is in political science, and I have studied all kinds of political systems, most of which have little today with the whole "left-right" dichotomy we have in this country.  Test me if you would like. 

    What I am is anti-ignorant. 

    I find the last line ironic considering the vast bull crap you have bought about CV. 

    In PA 3,106 of the citizens have died due to Covid-19. The average age of those that have passed away is 79 years old. To date, of these 3,106 deaths, 2,108 of these persons lived in nursing homes, personal care homes and assisted living residences. That means 67.9% those who have died lived in these types of settings. Of the 3,106 persons who have died, 11.9% had 4 comorbidities, 22.7% had 3 comorbidities, 27.2% had 2 comorbidities, 22.6% had 1 comorbidity and 11% had zero comorbidities. While these percentages only add up to 95.4%, these were the statistics that were provided to us verbally. Of the 3,106 persons who died, 61% had hypertension, 54% had heart disease, 37% had diabetes and 30% had chronic pulmonary disease. According to the Hospital and Health System Association of Pennsylvania (HAP), citing Pennsylvania Department of Health statistics, there are 37,000 beds in Pennsylvania hospitals. As of today, 2,572 of these beds were occupied by Covid-l9 patients, which amounts to 6.95%. There are only 539 patients in the hospitals on ventilators, which amounts to 1.46% of all hospital beds.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @icecube said:

    I find the last line ironic considering the vast bull crap you have bought about CV. 

    That just demonstrates how ignorant you are.....as I haven't really "bought" anything about CV.  I just go by facts and science.  Two concepts you are unfamiliar with. 

    Here is a fact.   Thus far there have been 27,923  coronavirus cases in Ohio, and 1625  deaths.  That is a fatality rate of 5.82  Percent.   That is a very high death rate compared to flu or whatever you want to cite. 

    You cited a bunch of stats...which you chose not to make any sense of as I don't think you have a clue what they meant or what they are all about.    You seem to want to minimalize it by saying:   well, it is just old and sick people that die from it. 

    And my retort is:  So What?   Most old sick people are not as callous as you about this. 

    What, exactly are you after?   A society based on Logan's Run?