Skip to content

NFL / Covid Updates

Locked The Browns Board
481 40 12.5k 1
  • oh, my goodness.

    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-compared-flu-experts-wrong/story?id=69779116

    COVID-19 has been compared to the flu. Experts say that's wrong.

    The novel coronavirus appears more deadly and spreads more quickly

    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

    Coronavirus Disease 2019 vs. the Flu

    Covid-19 appears far more lethal than flu based on ...

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/antibody...

    Apr 28, 2020 · A common refrain is that the disease is not significantly worse than the flu. In this view, the pandemic threat has been wildly exaggerated.

    Experts demolish studies suggesting COVID-19 is no worse ...

    https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/04/experts...

    The findings seemed to support minority arguments that COVID-19 may be no worse than seasonal flu (a leading cause of death in the US) and …

    COVID-19 Is Deadlier Than The Flu. How Else Do They Differ ...

    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/20/815408287/how-the-novel...

    Mar 20, 2020 · COVID-19 Is Deadlier Than The Flu. How Else Do They Differ? : Goats and Soda There are definitely similarities between COVID-19, caused by the coronavirus, and influenza.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I won’t forget to put roses on your grave 

    What is this supposed to mean?

    @poeticg said:

    What is this supposed to mean?  Seriously you can’t figure it. It means that when you go out and be cavalier about this virus if you catch it and die that I will be sorry that you did so. So be careful out there even if you don’t care about your own well-being others do

  • PoG and I...... who could've seen this unlikely pairing of minds coming together? 

    Jeez, I fear texting drivers - not only for myself, but for my entire family and friends, far more than I do COVID. 

    According to Princess Newscum, CA is possibly starting to reopen by weeks end, so maybe, just maybe, I can save the family owned business that my hard working, uneducated father launched all by himself 47 years ago...... but I don't know if it's possible. 

    Some people lost a loved one, others will lose everything else.

  • @poeticg said:

    How many people die from "common flu" each season?

    I read somewhere that it's upwards of 60,000 Americans that succumb to the common flu each flu-season. 

    Worldwide the numbers are astronomically higher. 

    Where was all this back 2 years ago when everybody was dying...

    It seems like they named this flu and people ran for the hills and quarantined in bunkers. 

    The data suggests it's a small percentage more deadly than the common flu... But then again there have been instance of the numbers being inflated...

    It's a mess, the whole shebang is sketchy. I feel terrible for the people who have lost loved ones and offer my condolences. I pray for their families to find peace and healing. 

    In my unpopular view, these victims could have passes from the "common flu" almost as likely- or passed away due to being in a car accident or a fall down icy steps. All of our days are numbered and in my opinion God is the one in control. I live my life that unless it's suicide it's not up to you but for the lord to decide when it's your time to ride. Live your lives to the fullest and live without regret. If it's your time a mask will not protect you, just as if it's not your time- no virus, no lions or no giants are taking you before your work is done.

    Living in the perpetual fear of catching this flu lowers your immune system leaving you even more susceptible to infection, not only COVID but also colds and other bacterial infections. I've seen reports that suggest that if you've received the flu vaccine in the past few years that you are likely to test positive for having the virus... don't know if that is 100% valid, I'll need to look into that further, but it could explain the asymptomatic individuals.

    Regardless, I hate the masks as well. If you are worried about it, then by all means feel free to wear one. But it should be a choice and not a requirement. I work in an essential service and the past 7 weeks we've been grinding along without them, now we are required to work with them on... 

    *On a lighter note- Nobody should be made to wear anything they do not want to wear. Women should be allowed to be shirtless in public just like men. 😉 

    I won’t forget to put roses on your grave 

    @the-gipper said:

    I won’t forget to put roses on your grave 

    Eh, he has a greater chance of dying from heart disease than Corona.

    80% of those who have it the symptoms are very mild, 15% have more serious symptoms, 5% of the cases are life threatening.

    3.5% has been thrown out there as the death rate, but it's misleadingly high because there are thousands who have it who don't know they have it, or have had it.  Asymptomatic is the word.

    Make no mistake,  it is more serious than the flu.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I won’t forget to put roses on your grave 

    What is this supposed to mean?

    @poeticg said:

    What is this supposed to mean?

    I don't particularly care for fear mongering either.

  • Seibert may be that stupid , or it could be Siebert may have intentionally made false and grossly exaggerated comment out of anger and frustration shared by millions of Americans.

  • Uh oh... They're starting to flood in.

    Look out everyone! 

    They sensed PoG's distress call

  • Uh oh... They're starting to flood in.

    Look out everyone! 

    They sensed PoG's distress call

    And yet none has volunteered a relative to go out and be a test case. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    @mld-woody said:

    Uh oh... They're starting to flood in.

    Look out everyone! 

    They sensed PoG's distress call

    And yet none have volunteered a friend or relative to go out and be a test case. They prefer it to be 134,000+ anonymous souls. ?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.?

    And of course that's just through the summer.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I won’t forget to put roses on your grave 

    What is this supposed to mean?

    @poeticg said:

    What is this supposed to mean?

    It means that if you are so cavalier about your own well being and are willing to take such risks to your health that there are others that do care about you and would prefer that you think about taking care of yourself, so that we don't have to places roses on your grave. 

  • Seibert may be that stupid , or it could be Siebert may have intentionally made false and grossly exaggerated comment out of anger and frustration shared by millions of Americans.

    @gorka said:

    Seibert may be that stupid , or it could be Siebert may have intentionally made false and grossly exaggerated comment out of anger and frustration shared by millions of Americans.

    Or both.

  • @poeticg said:

    What is this supposed to mean?

    I don't particularly care for fear mongering either.

    @gorka said:

    I don't particularly care for fear mongering either.

    I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

  • @brownsnmopar said:

    CUT HIS ASS...NO,NO,NO,NO,NO...STOP DRINKING THE COOL AID....we all have an opinion! My opinion agrees with him! I wear a mask at work...because I am expendable(essential) I also have COPD,have has quintuple bypass open heart surgery, I have also had pneumonia 4 times in my life,I am also an Esophageal cancer survivor!!!!!! O choose to NOT wear a mask on my own time. Because I am an American! Therefore have the FREEDOM to make my own decisions

    Since cloth masks protect others and not the wearer, it's very brave of you to be will to share your potential infection with others as a final gesture.

    Do you plan on refusing vaccination when the time comes as well?

    @nickers said:

    The masks don't even work.. So I don't really know what the big fuss is...

    Really? So all the medical professionals clamoring for N95 masks are wrong?

    @tour2ma said:

    Since cloth masks protect others and not the wearer, it's very brave of you to be will to share your potential infection with others as a final gesture.

    Do you plan on refusing vaccination when the time comes as well?

    Really? So all the medical professionals clamoring for N95 masks are wrong?

    Absoruckinfutly NO """VACCINE""" for me!!!! I have never had a flu shot or pneumonia shot EVER! I truly believe you build up anti bodies by living life. By being exposed to things little by little and your body fighting them off. Thereby building up ones immune system! 

    I have one question for you all! 

    IF THIS COVID 19 IS SO BAD...THEN WHY ARE ALL POST OFFICE EMPLOYEES NOT WEARING MASKS AND GLOVES CARRYING AND DELIVERING THE MAIL????

    THEY ARE NOT!!! 

    GO BROWNS!!!

  • @tour2ma said:

    Since cloth masks protect others and not the wearer, it's very brave of you to be will to share your potential infection with others as a final gesture.

    Do you plan on refusing vaccination when the time comes as well?

    Really? So all the medical professionals clamoring for N95 masks are wrong?

    Absoruckinfutly NO """VACCINE""" for me!!!! I have never had a flu shot or pneumonia shot EVER! I truly believe you build up anti bodies by living life. By being exposed to things little by little and your body fighting them off. Thereby building up ones immune system! 

    I have one question for you all! 

    IF THIS COVID 19 IS SO BAD...THEN WHY ARE ALL POST OFFICE EMPLOYEES NOT WEARING MASKS AND GLOVES CARRYING AND DELIVERING THE MAIL????

    THEY ARE NOT!!! 

    GO BROWNS!!!

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Absoruckinfutly NO """VACCINE""" for me!!!! I have never had a flu shot or pneumonia shot EVER! I truly believe you build up anti bodies by living life. By being exposed to things little by little and your body fighting them off. Thereby building up ones immune system! 

    I have one question for you all! 

    IF THIS COVID 19 IS SO BAD...THEN WHY ARE ALL POST OFFICE EMPLOYEES NOT WEARING MASKS AND GLOVES CARRYING AND DELIVERING THE MAIL????

    THEY ARE NOT!!! 

    GO BROWNS!!!

    I won't forget to put roses on your grave.

    (and my only surmise about the post office workers is that they have no contact with people...they just drop off mail in you box.)

  • @brownsnmopar said:

    Absoruckinfutly NO """VACCINE""" for me!!!! I have never had a flu shot or pneumonia shot EVER! I truly believe you build up anti bodies by living life. By being exposed to things little by little and your body fighting them off. Thereby building up ones immune system! 

    I have one question for you all! 

    IF THIS COVID 19 IS SO BAD...THEN WHY ARE ALL POST OFFICE EMPLOYEES NOT WEARING MASKS AND GLOVES CARRYING AND DELIVERING THE MAIL????

    THEY ARE NOT!!! 

    GO BROWNS!!!

    I won't forget to put roses on your grave.

    (and my only surmise about the post office workers is that they have no contact with people...they just drop off mail in you box.)

    @the-gipper said:

    I won't forget to put roses on your grave.

    (and my only surmise about the post office workers is that they have no contact with people...they just drop off mail in you box.)

    Well thanks for the roses(please make them Brown and Orange roses!)

    Yes but they are handling mail from all over the world! Sent by millions of different people......yet not required to wear gloves or masks.....things that make you go HMMMMM!!!

    GO BROWNS!!!

  • @brownsnmopar said:

    Absoruckinfutly NO """VACCINE""" for me!!!! I have never had a flu shot or pneumonia shot EVER! I truly believe you build up anti bodies by living life. By being exposed to things little by little and your body fighting them off. Thereby building up ones immune system! 

    I have one question for you all! 

    IF THIS COVID 19 IS SO BAD...THEN WHY ARE ALL POST OFFICE EMPLOYEES NOT WEARING MASKS AND GLOVES CARRYING AND DELIVERING THE MAIL????

    THEY ARE NOT!!! 

    GO BROWNS!!!

    I won't forget to put roses on your grave.

    (and my only surmise about the post office workers is that they have no contact with people...they just drop off mail in you box.)

    @the-gipper said:

    I won't forget to put roses on your grave.

    (and my only surmise about the post office workers is that they have no contact with people...they just drop off mail in you box.)

    No contact with people? They handle thousands of pieces of paper and cardboard every day. Each and every one of those pieces was processed by some human, somewhere in the world, and depending on which propaganda machine you choose to be fed from - red/blue/right/left, doesn't matter, the virus can live on all sorts of surface materials for hours, days, weeks, years, centuries, millenniums, eternity... who the fuck knows.   

    Yes, they do wear gloves, but every single one of them will touch their face throughout the day due to human habit. Not a single one of them is trained in sterile techniques.... yes, there are protocols for putting on, wearing and especially removing gloves to provide and keep a sterile field....

    If you're not trained, it's just a false sense of security, as you forgot you touched the seat belt buckle with your glove before taking them off to wipe your hands with sanitizer as you race home to see your family....... then you unclick the seat belt and mindlessly swing it out of the way. Honey, I'm home!!!

    The mail is no different than money, which has been proven to be one of the dirtiest things we humans touch..... because of all the human contact..   

  • @tour2ma said:

    A properly fitting, properly worn N95 absolutely can prevent inhalation of the virus. I worked in the chemical industry. I was fit tested. I know...

    Even a cloth mask intercepts exhaled droplets.

    This is not an "alternative facts" situation. What you "think" does not matter here.

    No it cannot... quit spewing lies.. You're about as credible as Dr.Quackton.... She was on tv telling the world that viruses can multiply on surfaces..  And that also is absolutely NOT true!!...You need host material for that to happen!! You are a total fraud just like Dr. Quackton!!!!.....

    Read the fucking label dexter!!...... 

    9851782_orig.jpg

    @nickers said:

    Read the fucking label dexter!!...... 

    You mean the part where it says, "Misuse"?

    You do not know what you are talking about.... so stop.

    image.png.af0d822be85c96baf13a3f107ae7a7cd.png

    And posting unrelated rantings does not help you look less stupid.

  • Seibert may be that stupid , or it could be Siebert may have intentionally made false and grossly exaggerated comment out of anger and frustration shared by millions of Americans.

    @gorka said:

    Seibert may be that stupid , or it could be Siebert may have intentionally made false and grossly exaggerated comment out of anger and frustration shared by millions of Americans.

    lol..

    You climbed all the way up here from the pit to post this drivel?

    Also, it does not count towards your monthly football related quota.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Since cloth masks protect others and not the wearer, it's very brave of you to be will to share your potential infection with others as a final gesture.

    Do you plan on refusing vaccination when the time comes as well?

    Really? So all the medical professionals clamoring for N95 masks are wrong?

    Absoruckinfutly NO """VACCINE""" for me!!!! I have never had a flu shot or pneumonia shot EVER! I truly believe you build up anti bodies by living life. By being exposed to things little by little and your body fighting them off. Thereby building up ones immune system! 

    I have one question for you all! 

    IF THIS COVID 19 IS SO BAD...THEN WHY ARE ALL POST OFFICE EMPLOYEES NOT WEARING MASKS AND GLOVES CARRYING AND DELIVERING THE MAIL????

    THEY ARE NOT!!! 

    GO BROWNS!!!

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Absoruckinfutly NO """VACCINE""" for me!!!! I have never had a flu shot or pneumonia shot EVER! I truly believe you build up anti bodies by living life. By being exposed to things little by little and your body fighting them off. Thereby building up ones immune system! 

    I have one question for you all! 

    IF THIS COVID 19 IS SO BAD...THEN WHY ARE ALL POST OFFICE EMPLOYEES NOT WEARING MASKS AND GLOVES CARRYING AND DELIVERING THE MAIL????

    THEY ARE NOT!!! 

    GO BROWNS!!!

    I love when anti vaxx people inadvertently go and support exactly what a vaccine does lol

  • @poeticg said:

    How many people die from "common flu" each season?

    I read somewhere that it's upwards of 60,000 Americans that succumb to the common flu each flu-season. 

    Worldwide the numbers are astronomically higher. 

    Where was all this back 2 years ago when everybody was dying...

    It seems like they named this flu and people ran for the hills and quarantined in bunkers. 

    The data suggests it's a small percentage more deadly than the common flu... But then again there have been instance of the numbers being inflated...

    It's a mess, the whole shebang is sketchy. I feel terrible for the people who have lost loved ones and offer my condolences. I pray for their families to find peace and healing. 

    In my unpopular view, these victims could have passes from the "common flu" almost as likely- or passed away due to being in a car accident or a fall down icy steps. All of our days are numbered and in my opinion God is the one in control. I live my life that unless it's suicide it's not up to you but for the lord to decide when it's your time to ride. Live your lives to the fullest and live without regret. If it's your time a mask will not protect you, just as if it's not your time- no virus, no lions or no giants are taking you before your work is done.

    Living in the perpetual fear of catching this flu lowers your immune system leaving you even more susceptible to infection, not only COVID but also colds and other bacterial infections. I've seen reports that suggest that if you've received the flu vaccine in the past few years that you are likely to test positive for having the virus... don't know if that is 100% valid, I'll need to look into that further, but it could explain the asymptomatic individuals.

    Regardless, I hate the masks as well. If you are worried about it, then by all means feel free to wear one. But it should be a choice and not a requirement. I work in an essential service and the past 7 weeks we've been grinding along without them, now we are required to work with them on... 

    *On a lighter note- Nobody should be made to wear anything they do not want to wear. Women should be allowed to be shirtless in public just like men. 😉 

    I won’t forget to put roses on your grave 

    @the-gipper said:

    I won’t forget to put roses on your grave 

    Dead Flowers - The Rolling Stones

  • @nickers said:

    Read the fucking label dexter!!...... 

    You mean the part where it says, "Misuse"?

    You do not know what you are talking about.... so stop.

    image.png.af0d822be85c96baf13a3f107ae7a7cd.png

    And posting unrelated rantings does not help you look less stupid.

    @tour2ma said:

    You mean the part where it says, "Misuse"?

    You do not know what you are talking about.... so stop.

    image.png.af0d822be85c96baf13a3f107ae7a7cd.png

    And posting unrelated rantings does not help you look less stupid.

    Prove it Dexter!... You can't!... So spread more lies ya goon!