Skip to content

Browns Offering Clowney the most cash

The Browns Board
42 23 1.5k 1
  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #3

    the dude gets hurt also takes play's and or games off 

    he is just looking for a payday hopefully we are not the suckers who give it to him

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Mack, Ward, Schwartz... a lot of people would rather take less money than play for the Browns. Have to change. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #5

    to much over think*ing ? Adam... 

    Schefter 'thinks'.. than, he confesses to it..... saying "I don't know" to each(3) of his thinks?  

    might be the why? Adam thinks what he's thinking...https://theringer.com/nfl-preview/2019/8/31/20842505/texans-jadeveon-clowney-trade-mess 

    Clowney botches Dolphins trade of Tunsil? refuses to sign tag, to be traded to tanking* Dolphins..?

    Am even more surprised... Schefter sources 'Jake Trotter', that it is Berry/browns "offering the richest offer on the table & he hasn't taken it"...

    best game Clowney played last season was at Joe Woods 9'ers... it might be Joe's table pounding the loudest    

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #6

    There is a very good chance the money brings him around.  Eventually.

    Can't blame him for wanting to play for a winner.  We aren't the only ones watching the shitshow that has been the Cleveland Browns.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I honestly think Clowney does NOT want to be here.. I think he's just stringing us along..

  • I honestly think Clowney does NOT want to be here.. I think he's just stringing us along..

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nickers said:

    I honestly think Clowney does NOT want to be here.. I think he's just stringing us along..

    And using the Browns for leverage. 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I won't lie...I wanted him. But maybe it's for the best. I'm still miffed we didn't make a play for Mack. That would have been sick. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Better for us. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #11

    And just like I thought he would... Clowney played the Clownz!

    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-jadeveon-clowney-rejects-aggressive-220639158.html

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Actually, I hear that the Browns, while offering the most money.......only offered him a one year  prove it deal.    And he wants to get a multi-year deal.

    So, it may have nothing to do him not liking Cleveland or the Browns or the organization.  It may be a purely remuneration issue. 

    And, I suspect that since it is only late May, he figures he has time to negotiate,.....since,  correct me if I am wrong,  no date has been set for any kind of  Training Camp, or OTAs etc. 

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Eh, maybe it's cause he doesn't want to play for Cleveland, wouldn't be the first time.

    The more logical situation to me seems to be he thinks he's worth top 5 DE money and even the Browns aren't offering him that type deal, or at least that type of deal long-term. The reason I think that more than "fuck the Browns" is the man is still unsigned going into June, almost two months after free agency has started. There's plenty of contenders with cap room. Fine without him though, I really don't see that much of an upgrade over Vernon candidly.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #14

    $17 - $20 million for a year with those stats?

    No thanks.

    Clowney finished his 2019 campaign in Seattle with 31 tackles, seven tackles for loss, and three sacks through 13 games last season. As of now, the possibility of the star defensive end returning to Seattle remains on the table.
     

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I think he wants to stay in Seattle. Screw him. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Clowney is the Bryce Harper of the NFL. 

    Think the Nationals are upset they didn't pony up the money to keep Harper? 

  • Clowney is the Bryce Harper of the NFL. 

    Think the Nationals are upset they didn't pony up the money to keep Harper? 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    Clowney is the Bryce Harper of the NFL. 

    Think the Nationals are upset they didn't pony up the money to keep Harper? 

    Harper had mad stats before becoming a free agent, Clowney? Not so much. How much does he think a 3-sack, most-recent season should compensate him?

  • I think he wants to stay in Seattle. Screw him. 

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think he wants to stay in Seattle. Screw him. 

    They already broke off talks with him twice and were offering 10-11 million a season. WTF is he thinking?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I think he wants to stay in Seattle. Screw him. 

    They already broke off talks with him twice and were offering 10-11 million a season. WTF is he thinking?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    They already broke off talks with him twice and were offering 10-11 million a season. WTF is he thinking?

    He is thinking, likely,  that he wants  15 million over 3-4 seasons, which no one wants to come close to giving him. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #20

    When you have as many injuries as him thus become an inconsistent asset... Don't expect the teams to fight for you so much. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Clowney is the Bryce Harper of the NFL. 

    Think the Nationals are upset they didn't pony up the money to keep Harper? 

    Harper had mad stats before becoming a free agent, Clowney? Not so much. How much does he think a 3-sack, most-recent season should compensate him?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @icecube said:

    Harper had mad stats before becoming a free agent, Clowney? Not so much. How much does he think a 3-sack, most-recent season should compensate him?

    Harper had two fantastic seasons, and a lot of "better than average" seasons. Point is, a lot was expected from both, and Bryce Harper isn't Mike Trout, and Clowney isn't Myles Garrett. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    My fear is that once again we get a guy who gets the bucks and then lays down for the duration?. How many have we done that with in the last 5 years? The deal has to be tied with incentives or no money. Build in great incentives where he can earn huge bucks and I say go for it. Zip if he just fucks around out there.