Browns Offering Clowney the most cash
-
-
I honestly think Clowney does NOT want to be here.. I think he's just stringing us along..
-
I won't lie...I wanted him. But maybe it's for the best. I'm still miffed we didn't make a play for Mack. That would have been sick.
-
-
And just like I thought he would... Clowney played the Clownz!
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-jadeveon-clowney-rejects-aggressive-220639158.html
-
Actually, I hear that the Browns, while offering the most money.......only offered him a one year prove it deal. And he wants to get a multi-year deal.
So, it may have nothing to do him not liking Cleveland or the Browns or the organization. It may be a purely remuneration issue.
And, I suspect that since it is only late May, he figures he has time to negotiate,.....since, correct me if I am wrong, no date has been set for any kind of Training Camp, or OTAs etc.
-
Eh, maybe it's cause he doesn't want to play for Cleveland, wouldn't be the first time.
The more logical situation to me seems to be he thinks he's worth top 5 DE money and even the Browns aren't offering him that type deal, or at least that type of deal long-term. The reason I think that more than "fuck the Browns" is the man is still unsigned going into June, almost two months after free agency has started. There's plenty of contenders with cap room. Fine without him though, I really don't see that much of an upgrade over Vernon candidly.
-
$17 - $20 million for a year with those stats?
No thanks.
Clowney finished his 2019 campaign in Seattle with 31 tackles, seven tackles for loss, and three sacks through 13 games last season. As of now, the possibility of the star defensive end returning to Seattle remains on the table.
-
I think he wants to stay in Seattle. Screw him.
-
Clowney is the Bryce Harper of the NFL.
Think the Nationals are upset they didn't pony up the money to keep Harper?
-
Clowney is the Bryce Harper of the NFL.
Think the Nationals are upset they didn't pony up the money to keep Harper?
Clowney is the Bryce Harper of the NFL.
Think the Nationals are upset they didn't pony up the money to keep Harper?
Harper had mad stats before becoming a free agent, Clowney? Not so much. How much does he think a 3-sack, most-recent season should compensate him?
-
I think he wants to stay in Seattle. Screw him.
I think he wants to stay in Seattle. Screw him.
They already broke off talks with him twice and were offering 10-11 million a season. WTF is he thinking?
-
I think he wants to stay in Seattle. Screw him.
They already broke off talks with him twice and were offering 10-11 million a season. WTF is he thinking?
They already broke off talks with him twice and were offering 10-11 million a season. WTF is he thinking?
He is thinking, likely, that he wants 15 million over 3-4 seasons, which no one wants to come close to giving him.
-
-
Clowney is the Bryce Harper of the NFL.
Think the Nationals are upset they didn't pony up the money to keep Harper?
Harper had mad stats before becoming a free agent, Clowney? Not so much. How much does he think a 3-sack, most-recent season should compensate him?
Harper had mad stats before becoming a free agent, Clowney? Not so much. How much does he think a 3-sack, most-recent season should compensate him?
Harper had two fantastic seasons, and a lot of "better than average" seasons. Point is, a lot was expected from both, and Bryce Harper isn't Mike Trout, and Clowney isn't Myles Garrett.
-
My fear is that once again we get a guy who gets the bucks and then lays down for the duration?. How many have we done that with in the last 5 years? The deal has to be tied with incentives or no money. Build in great incentives where he can earn huge bucks and I say go for it. Zip if he just fucks around out there.
-
Clowney needs to get Terrelle Pryor on the phone. A lot of pretty valid rumors he got offered from a good few teams (Browns included) $10-12 million a year on 3 year deal with almost $20 mil guaranteed. Sounds familiar? Clowney is one bad year away from being a league wanderer who everyone remembers for a college play (albeit one of the most awesome college plays I've ever seen live).
-
I honestly think Clowney does NOT want to be here.. I think he's just stringing us along..
I honestly think Clowney does NOT want to be here.. I think he's just stringing us along..
He may be using the BROWNS as a bargaining tool with other teams...... believe it or not those things do go on in the business world.

Clowney + Garrett sounds like it might be a nice combo but will it happen ?
-
Hello People.....he is just looking for more money and more years of being paid a lot of money.
I think it is really just as simple as that.
-
I honestly think Clowney does NOT want to be here.. I think he's just stringing us along..
He may be using the BROWNS as a bargaining tool with other teams...... believe it or not those things do go on in the business world.

Clowney + Garrett sounds like it might be a nice combo but will it happen ?
He may be using the BROWNS as a bargaining tool with other teams...... believe it or not those things do go on in the business world.

Clowney + Garrett sounds like it might be a nice combo but will it happen ?
Hell no.. He's using the Browns as a bargaining chip.. I honestly believe he will settle for a prove it deal in seattle..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login