Skip to content

Washington Redskins

The Browns Board
185 30 5.2k 1
  • Washington Monuments 

    @the-gipper said:

    Washington Monuments 

    Washington Orangeskins. 

    Every halftime show is Russian hookers peeing on the team's mascot. 

  • Skilled trades are desperately needed. I don't remember them really ever being seriously discussed as an option when I was in high school. Maybe some stuff about vocational things like Polaris. 

    There is a huge shortage of machine repair, electricians, millwrights, etc in manufacturing. When we do hire one they're generally older. I think getting in as an electrician apprentice would be a really good gig. 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Yep, my undergrad is from there in EE.  Ah, Phillips Hall.  Or should I say, 4 years of lack of sleep eventually translated to a piece of paper with fancy letters..

    I knew there was a reason we were getting along ...

    @mld-woody said:

    I knew there was a reason we were getting along ...

    He went to Cornell not Mich. 

  • Nobody goes into many of those fields these days because if you go look online at the indeed/monster jobs, they're trying to pay under minimum wage for a CNC operator with 5 yrs of experience.. that's not even in the right zip code let alone the ballpark for that role.

    Plumbing/HVAC is another good skilled trade.

    For all of these, however: The problem isn't "we need STEM" .. US has always had more than plenty of STEM graduates -- they just go into other fields because US companies don't create attractive jobs.  Remember the last time you heard that slogan "Where are all the well-paying job openings?" Me neither.

    MBA's forgot to read the next page in the textbook after "decrease labor costs" -- you don't get to decrease the hourly rate of competent people, they'll find something else and then the company gets precisely zero people interested in completing the task they were trying to cram down wages on.  If you want any task done right the first time, you're going to have to pay for it.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I knew there was a reason we were getting along ...

    He went to Cornell not Mich. 

    @the-gipper said:

    He went to Cornell not Mich. 

    Yes I got that from your post that said Cornell 12 times

    ... I was referring to the fact we're both engineers

  • Nobody goes into many of those fields these days because if you go look online at the indeed/monster jobs, they're trying to pay under minimum wage for a CNC operator with 5 yrs of experience.. that's not even in the right zip code let alone the ballpark for that role.

    Plumbing/HVAC is another good skilled trade.

    For all of these, however: The problem isn't "we need STEM" .. US has always had more than plenty of STEM graduates -- they just go into other fields because US companies don't create attractive jobs.  Remember the last time you heard that slogan "Where are all the well-paying job openings?" Me neither.

    MBA's forgot to read the next page in the textbook after "decrease labor costs" -- you don't get to decrease the hourly rate of competent people, they'll find something else and then the company gets precisely zero people interested in completing the task they were trying to cram down wages on.  If you want any task done right the first time, you're going to have to pay for it.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Nobody goes into many of those fields these days because if you go look online at the indeed/monster jobs, they're trying to pay under minimum wage for a CNC operator with 5 yrs of experience.. that's not even in the right zip code let alone the ballpark for that role.

    Plumbing/HVAC is another good skilled trade.

    For all of these, however: The problem isn't "we need STEM" .. US has always had more than plenty of STEM graduates -- they just go into other fields because US companies don't create attractive jobs.  Remember the last time you heard that slogan "Where are all the well-paying job openings?" Me neither.

    MBA's forgot to read the next page in the textbook after "decrease labor costs" -- you don't get to decrease the hourly rate of competent people, they'll find something else and then the company gets precisely zero people interested in completing the task they were trying to cram down wages on.  If you want any task done right the first time, you're going to have to pay for it.

    Do you work within manufacturing? Just curious because it sounds like you might have some insight.

    I still think there are opportunities for more STEM grads, but regardless, I think STEM coursework should be emphasized more. Our country lacks in scientific literacy. 

    We pay most of our CNC operators relatively low (but still starting high teens). Most of them are just button pushers, as you alluded to. The setup operators, the ones tasked with troubleshooting as well, are paid better. Truly skilled CNC operators, with programming and CAD ability are highly paid. 

    In regards to the last paragraph, that path ends with automation. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    He went to Cornell not Mich. 

    Yes I got that from your post that said Cornell 12 times

    ... I was referring to the fact we're both engineers

    @mld-woody said:

    Yes I got that from your post that said Cornell 12 times

    ... I was referring to the fact we're both engineers

    Oh OK drive those trains. ?????Have you seen snow piercer

  • My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls.  Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company  that builds ships for the military.

    https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/

    My  other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch.  I think we did alright.  Since we're bragging!  LOL

  • Nothing wrong with working your way through YSU I did it twice nothing wrong with $0 in student loans either.

    I had four younger brothers and wasn't going to hit my parents up with my education.....they spent enough on my brothers as it was.

    I was able to buy a house each time I graduated, something today's students can't even think about with the tuition and especially room and room and board costs.

    The stories I heard from nursing and med students in my recent hospital visits were shocking on their loan debts.

  • My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls.  Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company  that builds ships for the military.

    https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/

    My  other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch.  I think we did alright.  Since we're bragging!  LOL

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls.  Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. 85 TOLEDO grad myself..what year did yours?

    Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company  that builds ships for the military. 

    And I just want to build the Boats😉 Easy travel from NC..have her do the math & hire me! ? ?

  • He graduated from UT in 2009.

  • My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls.  Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company  that builds ships for the military.

    https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/

    My  other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch.  I think we did alright.  Since we're bragging!  LOL

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls.  Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company  that builds ships for the military.

    https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/

    My  other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch.  I think we did alright.  Since we're bragging!  LOL

    I suspect you probably have no clue whether or not they are liberal or not. Mine are both like me pretty center of the road.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Washington Monuments 

    Washington Orangeskins. 

    Every halftime show is Russian hookers peeing on the team's mascot. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Washington Orangeskins. 

    Every halftime show is Russian hookers peeing on the team's mascot. 

    Post of the month.?

  • @brownsfan4evr said:

    My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls.  Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company  that builds ships for the military.

    https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/

    My  other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch.  I think we did alright.  Since we're bragging!  LOL

    I suspect you probably have no clue whether or not they are liberal or not. Mine are both like me pretty center of the road.

    @the-gipper said:

    I suspect you probably have no clue whether or not they are liberal or not. Mine are both like me ......... (Then I feel sorry for them)

    Since we talk politics and other issues all the time, I know my children's views on things. We all share the same values.  I always suspected you were a just being annoying, and now you just proved it. Time to ignore you, because clearly.......

    jerk.jpg?fit=530,353&ssl=1

  • I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I suspect you probably have no clue whether or not they are liberal or not. Mine are both like me ......... (Then I feel sorry for them)

    Since we talk politics and other issues all the time, I know my children's views on things. We all share the same values.  I always suspected you were a just being annoying, and now you just proved it. Time to ignore you, because clearly.......

    jerk.jpg?fit=530,353&ssl=1

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    Since we talk politics and other issues all the time, I know my children's views on things. We all share the same values.  I always suspected you were a just being annoying, and now you just proved it. Time to ignore you, because clearly.......

    jerk.jpg?fit=530,353&ssl=1

    Fucktard   Snowflake 

  • I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?

    @vagitron said:

    I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?

    Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan

  • @vagitron said:

    I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?

    Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan

    @the-gipper said:

    Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan

    Never going to happen. He already dislikes the Patriots and he knows we don't roll with that shit brown. ?

  • I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?

    @vagitron said:

    I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?

    Yeah you're awesome.  Did ya have the kid with your cousin or daughter?

  • @vagitron said:

    I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?

    Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan

    @the-gipper said:

    Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan

    Ohio children are more inclined to become Steeler fans than Pa. children are inclined to become Browns fans. The inconvenient truth.