Washington Redskins
-
Nobody goes into many of those fields these days because if you go look online at the indeed/monster jobs, they're trying to pay under minimum wage for a CNC operator with 5 yrs of experience.. that's not even in the right zip code let alone the ballpark for that role.
Plumbing/HVAC is another good skilled trade.
For all of these, however: The problem isn't "we need STEM" .. US has always had more than plenty of STEM graduates -- they just go into other fields because US companies don't create attractive jobs. Remember the last time you heard that slogan "Where are all the well-paying job openings?" Me neither.
MBA's forgot to read the next page in the textbook after "decrease labor costs" -- you don't get to decrease the hourly rate of competent people, they'll find something else and then the company gets precisely zero people interested in completing the task they were trying to cram down wages on. If you want any task done right the first time, you're going to have to pay for it.
-
I knew there was a reason we were getting along ...
He went to Cornell not Mich.
He went to Cornell not Mich.
Yes I got that from your post that said Cornell 12 times
... I was referring to the fact we're both engineers
-
Nobody goes into many of those fields these days because if you go look online at the indeed/monster jobs, they're trying to pay under minimum wage for a CNC operator with 5 yrs of experience.. that's not even in the right zip code let alone the ballpark for that role.
Plumbing/HVAC is another good skilled trade.
For all of these, however: The problem isn't "we need STEM" .. US has always had more than plenty of STEM graduates -- they just go into other fields because US companies don't create attractive jobs. Remember the last time you heard that slogan "Where are all the well-paying job openings?" Me neither.
MBA's forgot to read the next page in the textbook after "decrease labor costs" -- you don't get to decrease the hourly rate of competent people, they'll find something else and then the company gets precisely zero people interested in completing the task they were trying to cram down wages on. If you want any task done right the first time, you're going to have to pay for it.
Nobody goes into many of those fields these days because if you go look online at the indeed/monster jobs, they're trying to pay under minimum wage for a CNC operator with 5 yrs of experience.. that's not even in the right zip code let alone the ballpark for that role.
Plumbing/HVAC is another good skilled trade.
For all of these, however: The problem isn't "we need STEM" .. US has always had more than plenty of STEM graduates -- they just go into other fields because US companies don't create attractive jobs. Remember the last time you heard that slogan "Where are all the well-paying job openings?" Me neither.
MBA's forgot to read the next page in the textbook after "decrease labor costs" -- you don't get to decrease the hourly rate of competent people, they'll find something else and then the company gets precisely zero people interested in completing the task they were trying to cram down wages on. If you want any task done right the first time, you're going to have to pay for it.
Do you work within manufacturing? Just curious because it sounds like you might have some insight.
I still think there are opportunities for more STEM grads, but regardless, I think STEM coursework should be emphasized more. Our country lacks in scientific literacy.
We pay most of our CNC operators relatively low (but still starting high teens). Most of them are just button pushers, as you alluded to. The setup operators, the ones tasked with troubleshooting as well, are paid better. Truly skilled CNC operators, with programming and CAD ability are highly paid.
In regards to the last paragraph, that path ends with automation.
-
He went to Cornell not Mich.
Yes I got that from your post that said Cornell 12 times
... I was referring to the fact we're both engineers
Yes I got that from your post that said Cornell 12 times
... I was referring to the fact we're both engineers
Oh OK drive those trains. ?????Have you seen snow piercer
-
My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls. Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company that builds ships for the military.
https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/
My other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch. I think we did alright. Since we're bragging! LOL
-
Nothing wrong with working your way through YSU I did it twice nothing wrong with $0 in student loans either.
I had four younger brothers and wasn't going to hit my parents up with my education.....they spent enough on my brothers as it was.
I was able to buy a house each time I graduated, something today's students can't even think about with the tuition and especially room and room and board costs.
The stories I heard from nursing and med students in my recent hospital visits were shocking on their loan debts.
-
My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls. Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company that builds ships for the military.
https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/
My other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch. I think we did alright. Since we're bragging! LOL
My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls. Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. 85 TOLEDO grad myself..what year did yours?
Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company that builds ships for the military.
And I just want to build the Boats
Easy travel from NC..have her do the math & hire me! ? ?
-
He graduated from UT in 2009.
-
My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls. Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company that builds ships for the military.
https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/
My other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch. I think we did alright. Since we're bragging! LOL
My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls. Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company that builds ships for the military.
https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/
My other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch. I think we did alright. Since we're bragging! LOL
I suspect you probably have no clue whether or not they are liberal or not. Mine are both like me pretty center of the road.
-
Washington Monuments
Washington Orangeskins.
Every halftime show is Russian hookers peeing on the team's mascot.
Washington Orangeskins.
Every halftime show is Russian hookers peeing on the team's mascot.
Post of the month.?
-
My wife and I put 6 children through college. 3 boys and 3 girls. Cedarville University, Toleo, U., Miami U., Youngstown U., and 2 at Kent State. Oldest daughter has a mathematics degree and has a government office job in Virginia for a company that builds ships for the military.
https://nns.huntingtoningalls.com/
My other two daughters are an occupational therapist, and an R.N. Two sons are data migration consultants with their own companies, and other son is a high school teacher and coach in Connecticut. Not one liberal in the bunch. I think we did alright. Since we're bragging! LOL
I suspect you probably have no clue whether or not they are liberal or not. Mine are both like me pretty center of the road.
I suspect you probably have no clue whether or not they are liberal or not. Mine are both like me ......... (Then I feel sorry for them)
Since we talk politics and other issues all the time, I know my children's views on things. We all share the same values. I always suspected you were a just being annoying, and now you just proved it. Time to ignore you, because clearly.......

-
I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?
-
I suspect you probably have no clue whether or not they are liberal or not. Mine are both like me ......... (Then I feel sorry for them)
Since we talk politics and other issues all the time, I know my children's views on things. We all share the same values. I always suspected you were a just being annoying, and now you just proved it. Time to ignore you, because clearly.......

Since we talk politics and other issues all the time, I know my children's views on things. We all share the same values. I always suspected you were a just being annoying, and now you just proved it. Time to ignore you, because clearly.......
Fucktard Snowflake
-
I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?
I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?
Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan
-
I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?
Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan
Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan
Never going to happen. He already dislikes the Patriots and he knows we don't roll with that shit brown. ?
-
I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?
I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?
Yeah you're awesome. Did ya have the kid with your cousin or daughter?
-
I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?
Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan
Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan
Ohio children are more inclined to become Steeler fans than Pa. children are inclined to become Browns fans. The inconvenient truth.
-
Washington Monuments
Washington Orangeskins.
Every halftime show is Russian hookers peeing on the team's mascot.
Washington Orangeskins.
Then watch you deranged liberal fgts try to impeach a duly established football team.
-
Your children will be Browns fanYour children will be Browns fan
Ohio children are more inclined to become Steeler fans than Pa. children are inclined to become Browns fans. The inconvenient truth.
-
Not so sure the name Indians is considered offensive but what do I know? nothing offends me.
I would doubt "Indian" is offensive to Native Americans- unless they're on the Omar-AOC nut job fringe.
Virtually every religious based school I'm aware of that teaches Native Americans has the word "Indian" in it. St. Joseph's (Lakota Sioux), St. Stephens (Arapaho), St Bonaventure (Navajo), St Labre (Northern Cheyenne)... Then there's the Wind River Indian Reservation & many others..... Um, some other name you'd like us to call you instead?
Sorry- changing the Indians name is going overboard on the PC scale- we got rid of Chief Wahoo to appease the radicals....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login