Skip to content

On the road survey

The Browns Board
28 11 464
  • I feel for Bills fans.  You go to the SB four years in a row and don't get at least one of them...ouch.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @ballpeen said:

    I feel for Bills fans.  You go to the SB four years in a row and don't get at least one of them...ouch.

    It's kind of like us with the Indians teams of 1995-2001. Six division titles in seven years, two A.L. pennants but could never win a World Series despite all that talent. 

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #22

    Yep. It's why I feel for them.

    Heck, I feel a double whammy.  I live 100 miles from Atlanta.  My youngest son and I watched Braves games every night for years.  With the Braves I go back to the days of Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, Phil Niekro. Went to 5-6 games a year.  Maddox, Glavin, Schmoltz, and some other guys who were pretty good....name a better pitching staff.  That is 3 HOF pitchers.  I watched them lose to the Twins and Bluejays in the WS.  Then they beat the Indians in the WS.  

    I couldn't even enjoy that.  Maybe I am jinxed?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Supplemental Question:

    Who was the WORST QB to WIN a Super Bowl.

    Take this two ways:   A. The player who had the worst career but won one nevertheless    B.  The QB who had the worst game, but their team won nevertheless

    My candidate for B:  Ben R. in the 2005 game. He sucked swamp water, but the team won nevertheless...because of defense and help from the Zebras.

    Have to think about A. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I think the candidates for  A...QB with the worst career to win a SB  has to include these candidates:   Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson.

    Not that these were really bad QBs,  just that they did not have the illustrious total career as most other SB winning QBs. 

  • I think the candidates for  A...QB with the worst career to win a SB  has to include these candidates:   Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson.

    Not that these were really bad QBs,  just that they did not have the illustrious total career as most other SB winning QBs. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    I think the candidates for  A...QB with the worst career to win a SB  has to include these candidates:   Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson.

    Not that these were really bad QBs,  just that they did not have the illustrious total career as most other SB winning QBs. 

    Trent Dilfer's name (among the others mentioned) pops up a lot when they talk about a mediocre quarterback who was just good enough to manage an offence on a good team generally with a great defense.  "Here's the ball don't fuck it up."

    Generally it is the franchise type quarterback who leads a good team to the super bowl and wins it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think the candidates for  A...QB with the worst career to win a SB  has to include these candidates:   Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson.

    Not that these were really bad QBs,  just that they did not have the illustrious total career as most other SB winning QBs. 

    Trent Dilfer's name (among the others mentioned) pops up a lot when they talk about a mediocre quarterback who was just good enough to manage an offence on a good team generally with a great defense.  "Here's the ball don't fuck it up."

    Generally it is the franchise type quarterback who leads a good team to the super bowl and wins it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mjp28 said:

    Trent Dilfer's name (among the others mentioned) pops up a lot when they talk about a mediocre quarterback who was just good enough to manage an offence on a good team generally with a great defense.  "Here's the ball don't fuck it up."

    Generally it is the franchise type quarterback who leads a good team to the super bowl and wins it.

    Yes, ergo the question. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I always thought Randall Cunningham was over looked. The guy had 30,000 yards passing. Way more Td’s than int’s. Not too mention all the rushing yards and Td’s

  • I always thought Randall Cunningham was over looked. The guy had 30,000 yards passing. Way more Td’s than int’s. Not too mention all the rushing yards and Td’s

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #28

    @browns149 said:

    I always thought Randall Cunningham was over looked. The guy had 30,000 yards passing. Way more Td’s than int’s. Not too mention all the rushing yards and Td’s

    I think he gets overlooked because he and the Eagles weren't successful in the playoffs. A lot was expected of those Buddy Ryan teams, but they only went 2-5 in the playoffs with Cunningham.