Skip to content

PFF Summer 2020 - All The Links

The Browns Board
27 8 797
  • Here it is from Ourlads:

    DT 97 HEYWARD, CAMERON 11/1 96 Buggs, Isaiah 19/6 79 Walker, Cavon SF20 65 Coatney, Josiah CF20    
    NT 95 Wormley, Chris T/Bal 93 McCullers, Daniel 14/6 99 Mondeaux, Henry SF19        
    DE 91 Tuitt, Stephon 14/2 94 ALUALU, TYSON U/Jax 73 Davis, Carlos 20/7 67 Taylor Jr., Calvin CF20    
    LOLB 90 Watt, TJ 17/1 56 Highsmith, Alex 20/3 40 Hendrix, Dewayne SF20 49 Lockhart, James CF20    
    LILB 55 Bush Jr., Devin 19/1 46 Kuntz, Christian SF19 45 Houston Jr., John CF20        
    RILB 98 WILLIAMS, VINCE 13/6 54 Gilbert III, Ulysees 19/6 41 Spillane, Robert SF19 42 Lewis, Leo CF20    
    ROLB 48 Dupree, Bud 15/1 92

    Adeniyi, Olasunkanmi CF18

    Both of these sites above have Dupree and  Watt listed as OLBs.  PFF has them both on the DL.   These have the Steelers with just one DE,  one NT and one DT.  (they list Heyward as a DT, not a DE???)

    51 Skipper, Tuzar P/NYG
  • I note this:     this PFF had the  Ravens DL rated as the worst in the AFCN,.....where the Madden ratings had their DL having like two of the best 3 DL in the division....with Campbell and Williams.

    So...who is more trustworthy? 

  • @icecube said:

    75% of the starting LBs for Pitt are legit probowl contenders: Watt, Bush and Dupree. 

    But they do not have  Watt listed as LB....nor Dupree. They are listed as DLs. 

    I mean I guess...does it sort of matter?    That is why you have this "Edge"   position designation. 

    Maybe we should begin looking at  football defensive positioning differently.   Instead of   DL and LB......maybe we should have people listed as "Edge"  or "Interior".    What have been DEs and OLBs are Edge....as they seem so very interchangeable.  And DTs and  MLBs as Interior. 

    @the-gipper said:

    But they do not have  Watt listed as LB....nor Dupree. They are listed as DLs. 

    I mean I guess...does it sort of matter?    That is why you have this "Edge"   position designation. 

    Maybe we should begin looking at  football defensive positioning differently.   Instead of   DL and LB......maybe we should have people listed as "Edge"  or "Interior".    What have been DEs and OLBs are Edge....as they seem so very interchangeable.  And DTs and  MLBs as Interior. 

    They've done something weird this year. Watt and Dupree were clearly OLBs, listed as such when drafted and have always been listed as such on rosters. They are the very definition of 3-4 OLBs. But now some 3-4 DEs are being listed as DTs. Huh? What in the F changed? 

    Pitt has 4 starting LBs: Watt, Bush, Williams and Dupree. 

    https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PIT

  • @the-gipper said:

    But they do not have  Watt listed as LB....nor Dupree. They are listed as DLs. 

    I mean I guess...does it sort of matter?    That is why you have this "Edge"   position designation. 

    Maybe we should begin looking at  football defensive positioning differently.   Instead of   DL and LB......maybe we should have people listed as "Edge"  or "Interior".    What have been DEs and OLBs are Edge....as they seem so very interchangeable.  And DTs and  MLBs as Interior. 

    They've done something weird this year. Watt and Dupree were clearly OLBs, listed as such when drafted and have always been listed as such on rosters. They are the very definition of 3-4 OLBs. But now some 3-4 DEs are being listed as DTs. Huh? What in the F changed? 

    Pitt has 4 starting LBs: Watt, Bush, Williams and Dupree. 

    https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PIT

    @icecube said:

    They've done something weird this year. Watt and Dupree were clearly OLBs, listed as such when drafted and have always been listed as such on rosters. They are the very definition of 3-4 OLBs. But now some 3-4 DEs are being listed as DTs. Huh? What in the F changed? 

    Pitt has 4 starting LBs: Watt, Bush, Williams and Dupree. 

    https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PIT

    Yea, I just posted that.   So why then does PFF list Watt and Dupree as DL.

    And why is Heyward listed as playing on the exterior, but then designated a DT?  Is he like  Reggie White/JJ Watt....who plays all over the defensive front? 

  • @icecube said:

    They've done something weird this year. Watt and Dupree were clearly OLBs, listed as such when drafted and have always been listed as such on rosters. They are the very definition of 3-4 OLBs. But now some 3-4 DEs are being listed as DTs. Huh? What in the F changed? 

    Pitt has 4 starting LBs: Watt, Bush, Williams and Dupree. 

    https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PIT

    Yea, I just posted that.   So why then does PFF list Watt and Dupree as DL.

    And why is Heyward listed as playing on the exterior, but then designated a DT?  Is he like  Reggie White/JJ Watt....who plays all over the defensive front? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, I just posted that.   So why then does PFF list Watt and Dupree as DL.

    And why is Heyward listed as playing on the exterior, but then designated a DT?  Is he like  Reggie White/JJ Watt....who plays all over the defensive front? 

    Gip, I honestly don't know why the inconsistencies. I've asked around and no one has an answer. Obviously, a 3-4 system uses 3 down lineman, and 4 LBs, where oftentimes the OLBs rush the QB, but clearly not all the time. The DEs are clearly at the end of the DL, so why is Heyward now considered a DT? Until someone can offer a legit explanation, the Steelers play 4 LBs and have 3 DLmen and Heyward is a 3-4 DE. 

    Now, the Browns clearly play a 4-3, with 4 DL and 3 LBs. There is no confusion there. 

    https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CLE

  • They seem to imply that the addition of BJ Goodson adds nothing at all to the quality of our LB corps.   He IS listed as backup  MLB.  Is he really Just a guy as they seem to infer? 

  • Steelers do NOT have the 11th best LB core. 
     

    the browns DO have one of the worst though. Mack Wilson sucked last year, I’m extremely worried about the defense 

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Steelers do NOT have the 11th best LB core. 
     

    the browns DO have one of the worst though. Mack Wilson sucked last year, I’m extremely worried about the defense 

    I am not encouraged, but it depends on the Woods scheme.  If it is schemed well, I think we can do OK.  Word is we go with 2 backers more often than not and stack another safety in the box.  I also think Billings is going  be big on the DL.  He required a few bodies on him, as does Richardson in the run game.  That will help keep the backers clean.

  • They seem to imply that the addition of BJ Goodson adds nothing at all to the quality of our LB corps.   He IS listed as backup  MLB.  Is he really Just a guy as they seem to infer? 

    @the-gipper said:

    They seem to imply that the addition of BJ Goodson adds nothing at all to the quality of our LB corps.   He IS listed as backup  MLB.  Is he really Just a guy as they seem to infer? 

    Honestly, having watched the Giants almost as much as the Browns- He's pretty unremarkable- unless he went to Green Bay and the light suddenly went on.  

  • @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Steelers do NOT have the 11th best LB core. 
     

    the browns DO have one of the worst though. Mack Wilson sucked last year, I’m extremely worried about the defense 

    I am not encouraged, but it depends on the Woods scheme.  If it is schemed well, I think we can do OK.  Word is we go with 2 backers more often than not and stack another safety in the box.  I also think Billings is going  be big on the DL.  He required a few bodies on him, as does Richardson in the run game.  That will help keep the backers clean.

    @ballpeen said:

    I am not encouraged, but it depends on the Woods scheme.  If it is schemed well, I think we can do OK.  Word is we go with 2 backers more often than not and stack another safety in the box.  I also think Billings is going  be big on the DL.  He required a few bodies on him, as does Richardson in the run game.  That will help keep the backers clean.

    The backers being clean may not become the issue.     Just watch the deficiencies in the previous Cincy defenses.   Respectable dline and secondary play, horrendous linebacking unit.    

  • somewhat early for in-depth analysis...Berry & our pencil neck geek squad, see's teams with 12 Linebacker's on their 90 mans..Those that will keep maybe 8 Lb'ers total?.. am not sweating our core of linebackers!! YET ?... but I'd look at trading NoJoke for 2 on the Jets roster todaY! they both played well while CJ Mosley was out

  • Do we have this same info from PFF  on like the Defensive Backfield?     WR/TE corps?   OL?    RBs   QBs?   Or, is that to come? 

    Don't know if you have to be a PFF subscriber to get this.  I am not. 

  • I'll keep the links updated in the OP and change the thread topic as new ones are posted. I noticed this on Monday, although the team analyses may have started before then.  Looks like these 3 are the ones they've done so far and [I'm guessing] they'll keep going until all are finished.

    I'm not a PFF subscriber.. is anyone on here?

  • OL Analysis

    Browns  #6....perhaps higher than I expected  given we will have a rookie LT  and a question at RG.

    Ravens #5?.....overrated in my mind....in that they lost their best OL with the retirement of Yanda

    Steelers #9....they do have some good ones, but also some question marks. 

    Bengals #31....if accurate....there will be a major reason Burrow does not do so well as a rookie. 

  • Browns 2019 results using ESPN's new win rate % for OL/DL

    Tretter 2nd in passblock win rate for C

    Bito 4th, Teller 9th passblock win rate for G

    Garrett 4th edge pass rush win rate

    Browns 6th passblock win rate in 2019 - and that's with the 2019 OT's..

  • RB, QB, Red Zone, and Trend Analysis links added

  • RB, QB, Red Zone, and Trend Analysis links added

    @unsympathetic said:

    RB, QB, Red Zone, and Trend Analysis links added

    Browns RBs=  #1  !!!

    Ravens #9

    Bengals #22

    Steelers #23

  • RB, QB, Red Zone, and Trend Analysis links added

    @unsympathetic said:

    RB, QB, Red Zone, and Trend Analysis links added

    QBs.    They do it differently here   i.e. they apparently "cop out".   They do it in "Tiers"

    Only 2 QBs in Tier One:    Mahomes and Russell Wilson

    Lamar Jackson is in Tier 2.  (6 QBs in Tier 2)

    And they have   Ben R.  and  Joe Burrow in the same Tier 3  as well as Baker.   They have almost half the league's QBs there....13 in Tier 3. 

    They are not big fans of Darnold and Josh Allen, having them in the lowest tier, Tier 4. 

  • Cast no more aspersions on my asparagus!

    Added projection link for all 32 starting lineups.