Skip to content

Mack Wilson suffers knee injury, undergoing evaluation

The Browns Board
91 18 3.1k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? ?

    This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #48

    @icecube said:

    This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that. 

    http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55780-trying-to-move-obj/

    Oh, but it does get more hilarious than that. This above thread, where practically the entire board piles on to call you a clown, is comedic gold. 

    Your remark to Gipper on Page 2, where you offer to teach him English, is pretty interesting. Icecube? A GRAMMAR NAZI WHO WOULD LATER MISSPELL WORDS? Whhhhhhhhhaat? ?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    You're gonna let the best player you had in 30 years walk? Genius. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @icecube said:

    You're gonna let the best player you had in 30 years walk? Genius. 

    I know that I probably have hurt your fragile ego, which is why you've desperately been trying to bait me into fights for months now, and I know that must really, really burn you up inside.

    Problem is, I don't care. Deal with it, snowflake, and move on. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    I almost posted as you did, but thought saying it might start a war on the board due to Chubb's popularity. That being said, Chubb just may be one of those backs with long term value.

    Mike

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @canton-mike said:

    I almost posted as you did, but thought saying it might start a war on the board due to Chubb's popularity. That being said, Chubb just may be one of those backs with long term value.

    Mike

    I'd love for Nick Chubb to retire a Cleveland Brown, Canton Mike. Hell, I dropped $150 for a new Nick Chubb jersey, that should be arriving any year now. (Dammit!) 

    I can't see a front office so predicated on analytics dropping a ton of guaranteed money and salary cap space on a RB with 4 or 5 years (and 1200-1500 carries) under his belt (depending on if they franchise him) when he gets to free agency. It just doesn't seem to be something they would do, IMO. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.

    Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.

    I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !

    MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !

    I hear ya!  There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators.   "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?"   Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!

    The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #51

    @flugel said:

    I hear ya!  There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators.   "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?"   Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!

    The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...

    I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky...  I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..

  • @icecube said:

    You're gonna let the best player you had in 30 years walk? Genius. 

    I know that I probably have hurt your fragile ego, which is why you've desperately been trying to bait me into fights for months now, and I know that must really, really burn you up inside.

    Problem is, I don't care. Deal with it, snowflake, and move on. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know that I probably have hurt your fragile ego, which is why you've desperately been trying to bait me into fights for months now, and I know that must really, really burn you up inside.

    Problem is, I don't care. Deal with it, snowflake, and move on. 

    Transference neurosis much? Not getting enough attention? Do you still talk to mommy everyday? 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This kid worked so hard. I can't believe the season ends like this for him....

    Hopefully we'll get some good news soon. Hyperextensions can hurt like a a BEEOTCH, but once the swelling comes down the joints often respond well to therapy. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's back in 4-6 weeks. 

    I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.  BUT, Terrell Davis once had to overcome a college career at UGA marred by injury as did another RB from that school (Garrison Hearst overcoming injuries in beginning of his NFL career).  Torn ACLs are no longer the career death sentence they once were if that is the injury... Looking forward to the Return of the Mack!!!

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @flugel said:

    I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.  BUT, Terrell Davis once had to overcome a college career at UGA marred by injury as did another RB from that school (Garrison Hearst overcoming injuries in beginning of his NFL career).  Torn ACLs are no longer the career death sentence they once were if that is the injury... Looking forward to the Return of the Mack!!!

    I'm dying laughing because this was my theme song and played at my wedding when me and my groomsmen came out to the reception. 

    BTW, good news on Kevin Johnson. Released from hospital and listed as week to week. That's EXCELLENT news and means he could literally be back any day. I'm sure he'll miss SOME time, but it doesn't sound like it'll be long. We may even see him week 1.

    Still waiting to hear about Mack, but it doesn't sound great. Still, I'm optimistic that he won't be gone for the year. They'll pump him full of anti-inflammatory medication, ice the crap of it, and then strengthen his knee back to normal. I'm guessing 6 weeks and he's back. I feel it. 

    What REALLY hurts is that we won't have a single linebacker from last year who faced Lamar Jackson. That's not good. That offense is simply devastating and I don't want to think about it right now. Hahahaha 

  • @icecube said:

    This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that. 

    http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55780-trying-to-move-obj/

    Oh, but it does get more hilarious than that. This above thread, where practically the entire board piles on to call you a clown, is comedic gold. 

    Your remark to Gipper on Page 2, where you offer to teach him English, is pretty interesting. Icecube? A GRAMMAR NAZI WHO WOULD LATER MISSPELL WORDS? Whhhhhhhhhaat? ?

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @dutch-oven said:

    http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55780-trying-to-move-obj/

    Oh, but it does get more hilarious than that. This above thread, where practically the entire board piles on to call you a clown, is comedic gold. 

    Your remark to Gipper on Page 2, where you offer to teach him English, is pretty interesting. Icecube? A GRAMMAR NAZI WHO WOULD LATER MISSPELL WORDS? Whhhhhhhhhaat? ?

    Look at all the time and energy you take on such irrelevant nonsense. How much rent do I owe for living in your head? You constantly shout and shout and shout about what a clown I am, and claim everyone is saying it, but it's really pretty much just you. Anyone who corrects punctuation on a message board has some serious self esteem issues.  Didn't mommy give you enough attention growing up? Are you angry from being a nerd in high school? 

  • @gumby73 said:

    I sense Chubb is more about 'winning'.. And if he reads any paper clippings? 2nd round RB's, it's hard to get paid..While his production says he will just as pick #22 Derrick Henry..But i don't see Chubb as a demanding big money guy either..guess we will see? Ward & Baker sit in the drivers sit between 2 tags..Deal? great! Franchise tag? or 5th year option pay? The positions they both play..May sit as the highest in pay for position played if tagged?..heck, we hope all 3 have to happen.. If KC can do what they got going on? Garrett & Chubb ain't going anywhere..Baker & Ward have their biggest season of their football life on the line...When they see stats in the top 10 at their positions? Than I'll worry..Happy 😁

    In regard to Chubb not demanding big money...if he keeps his production up there is a small chance that Chubb doesn’t demand big money- and if he’s doesn’t The players union and his agent will demand/convince that a large contract be in store for him. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @sdbacker80 said:

    In regard to Chubb not demanding big money...if he keeps his production up there is a small chance that Chubb doesn’t demand big money- and if he’s doesn’t The players union and his agent will demand/convince that a large contract be in store for him. 

    Derrick Henry just signed a deal that still puts him 2.5M behind La'v Bell total..sitting Henry in 4th..Why would he do that? Has all to do with the team he is on and having a chance while winning..Henry saw hope & it took till his franchise tag price, last season, to see it in full..re-signed, still under L.Bell..Chubb needs to see the same in Cleveland.. right about now ? 

  • @flugel said:

    I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.  BUT, Terrell Davis once had to overcome a college career at UGA marred by injury as did another RB from that school (Garrison Hearst overcoming injuries in beginning of his NFL career).  Torn ACLs are no longer the career death sentence they once were if that is the injury... Looking forward to the Return of the Mack!!!

    I'm dying laughing because this was my theme song and played at my wedding when me and my groomsmen came out to the reception. 

    BTW, good news on Kevin Johnson. Released from hospital and listed as week to week. That's EXCELLENT news and means he could literally be back any day. I'm sure he'll miss SOME time, but it doesn't sound like it'll be long. We may even see him week 1.

    Still waiting to hear about Mack, but it doesn't sound great. Still, I'm optimistic that he won't be gone for the year. They'll pump him full of anti-inflammatory medication, ice the crap of it, and then strengthen his knee back to normal. I'm guessing 6 weeks and he's back. I feel it. 

    What REALLY hurts is that we won't have a single linebacker from last year who faced Lamar Jackson. That's not good. That offense is simply devastating and I don't want to think about it right now. Hahahaha 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm dying laughing because this was my theme song and played at my wedding when me and my groomsmen came out to the reception. 

    BTW, good news on Kevin Johnson. Released from hospital and listed as week to week. That's EXCELLENT news and means he could literally be back any day. I'm sure he'll miss SOME time, but it doesn't sound like it'll be long. We may even see him week 1.

    Still waiting to hear about Mack, but it doesn't sound great. Still, I'm optimistic that he won't be gone for the year. They'll pump him full of anti-inflammatory medication, ice the crap of it, and then strengthen his knee back to normal. I'm guessing 6 weeks and he's back. I feel it. 

    What REALLY hurts is that we won't have a single linebacker from last year who faced Lamar Jackson. That's not good. That offense is simply devastating and I don't want to think about it right now. Hahahaha 

    Jiggins, I don't know if having faced Lamar in the past really matters. His stop and start times are just insanity. 

    I think Mack will be back in 4-6. As far as I know, nothing was torn, right?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #57

    Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet.  And says all of the right things when he does speak.  

    We don't need no stinking running backs!

    It's a bit of a conundrum.  RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days.  Some teams use the 'rent a back' method.  -  Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.  

  • Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet.  And says all of the right things when he does speak.  

    We don't need no stinking running backs!

    It's a bit of a conundrum.  RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days.  Some teams use the 'rent a back' method.  -  Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @orion said:

    Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet.  And says all of the right things when he does speak.  

    We don't need no stinking running backs!

    It's a bit of a conundrum.  RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days.  Some teams use the 'rent a back' method.  -  Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.  

    For me... its the QB,RB and your best WR... That's what you build your team around..... I would do everything possible to keep Chubb a Brown so long as he remains healthy (Key) Most RB's and LB'er's have a shelf life of 4 yrs on average...... If Baker proves himself this year... I see no reason why they can't co-exist for the immediate time and future ahead... They'll have to get creative..... Make necessary cuts where they are needed without gutting the roster...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? ?

    This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @icecube said:

    This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that. 

    I agree with you somewhat.  It would be more effective to use  Dadaism on you than Didacticism. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm dying laughing because this was my theme song and played at my wedding when me and my groomsmen came out to the reception. 

    BTW, good news on Kevin Johnson. Released from hospital and listed as week to week. That's EXCELLENT news and means he could literally be back any day. I'm sure he'll miss SOME time, but it doesn't sound like it'll be long. We may even see him week 1.

    Still waiting to hear about Mack, but it doesn't sound great. Still, I'm optimistic that he won't be gone for the year. They'll pump him full of anti-inflammatory medication, ice the crap of it, and then strengthen his knee back to normal. I'm guessing 6 weeks and he's back. I feel it. 

    What REALLY hurts is that we won't have a single linebacker from last year who faced Lamar Jackson. That's not good. That offense is simply devastating and I don't want to think about it right now. Hahahaha 

    Jiggins, I don't know if having faced Lamar in the past really matters. His stop and start times are just insanity. 

    I think Mack will be back in 4-6. As far as I know, nothing was torn, right?

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @icecube said:

    Jiggins, I don't know if having faced Lamar in the past really matters. His stop and start times are just insanity. 

    I think Mack will be back in 4-6. As far as I know, nothing was torn, right?

    Correct, as far as we know, nothing torn. That being said, it was a "severe" hyperextension, and that could easily result in the destruction of all sorts of joint related crap. 

    And yes, Lamar scares the living shit out of me. Honestly, the Ravens are the ONE team I don't want to play first. Give me anything else week 1, and I'd be happy. But Baltimore? Shit.... 

  • @orion said:

    Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet.  And says all of the right things when he does speak.  

    We don't need no stinking running backs!

    It's a bit of a conundrum.  RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days.  Some teams use the 'rent a back' method.  -  Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.  

    For me... its the QB,RB and your best WR... That's what you build your team around..... I would do everything possible to keep Chubb a Brown so long as he remains healthy (Key) Most RB's and LB'er's have a shelf life of 4 yrs on average...... If Baker proves himself this year... I see no reason why they can't co-exist for the immediate time and future ahead... They'll have to get creative..... Make necessary cuts where they are needed without gutting the roster...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @nickers said:

    For me... its the QB,RB and your best WR... That's what you build your team around..... I would do everything possible to keep Chubb a Brown so long as he remains healthy (Key) Most RB's and LB'er's have a shelf life of 4 yrs on average...... If Baker proves himself this year... I see no reason why they can't co-exist for the immediate time and future ahead... They'll have to get creative..... Make necessary cuts where they are needed without gutting the roster...

    I don’t see how this happens but I’ll say a prayer...

    top 5 QB money for Baker, Top 3 Back Money for Chubb and Garrett’s contract. 
     

  • @nickers said:

    For me... its the QB,RB and your best WR... That's what you build your team around..... I would do everything possible to keep Chubb a Brown so long as he remains healthy (Key) Most RB's and LB'er's have a shelf life of 4 yrs on average...... If Baker proves himself this year... I see no reason why they can't co-exist for the immediate time and future ahead... They'll have to get creative..... Make necessary cuts where they are needed without gutting the roster...

    I don’t see how this happens but I’ll say a prayer...

    top 5 QB money for Baker, Top 3 Back Money for Chubb and Garrett’s contract. 
     

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I don’t see how this happens but I’ll say a prayer...

    top 5 QB money for Baker, Top 3 Back Money for Chubb and Garrett’s contract. 
     

    I agree , It's a canundrum...

  • @icecube said:

    This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that. 

    I agree with you somewhat.  It would be more effective to use  Dadaism on you than Didacticism. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @the-gipper said:

    I agree with you somewhat.  It would be more effective to use  Dadaism on you than Didacticism. 

    Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK. 

    Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping. 

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/03/01/cleveland-browns-letting-joe-schobert-walk-unpopular-correct-move/

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I don’t see how this happens but I’ll say a prayer...

    top 5 QB money for Baker, Top 3 Back Money for Chubb and Garrett’s contract. 
     

    I agree , It's a canundrum...

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @nickers said:

    I agree , It's a canundrum...

    Well, the good news is you only get into cap trouble when you have good players. I'd rather have those headaches than the headaches of just sucking. I love the problem of too many good players to pay than having giant gobs of space winning 3 games a year. If Cleveland has too much talent to pay, better draft well. You got to have 50% of your team on 1st year contracts, can't afford it if you don't. 

  • @flugel said:

    I hear ya!  There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators.   "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?"   Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!

    The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...

    I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky...  I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #65

    @nickers said:

    I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky...  I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..

    Who predicted this team would win more than 6-8 games?   Didn't I say I was worried about this LB Corps especially against Baltimore and Pittsburgh this year?    You know this isn't the only thread I've worried about the LB Corps; but I felt it was about time I gave Berry some credit for the areas he did address and how he setup contracts with FAs in the sense that when/if they go elsewhere - we get comp picks in exchange.  That's a vision we haven't had here prior to Berry re-joining us with some goodies he learned in Philly.

    What I was trying to say prior to your reply Nickers is Andrew Berry addressed a lot of areas of need in his 1st off-season back - but way more help is still needed at LBer.  That said, who led the LSU/National Champions in tackles (J.Phillips)?  And take a guess who drafted that LBer?   The FO also added a FA at ILB (BJ Goodson) so it wasn't like they totally ignored LBer.                                                                                                                         

    These are the other areas the FO had to address:  

    Offensive Tackle?  Drafted our new LT (J.Wills) in Round 1 and added a RT FA (J.Conklin) with an All Pro Season already on the young resume.  

    Safety?  Drafted the Jim Thorpe Award Winner (G.Delpit) while also adding a former 1st round Safety in FA (Joseph) and another Safety (A.Sandejo). 

    Corner?  Added a former 1st round Corner (K.Johnson) via FA for depth while we already have Terrance Mitchell on the roster.

    Tight End//H-Back/FB?  Drafted (H.Bryant) and added FAs (A.Hooper & A.Janovich).

    QB?  FA (C.Keenum).  That ain't just a massive boost in depth - it's been a great attitude adjustment for Baker.  Not to mention how helpful he can be to Baker with experience as a starter in Stefanski's Offense.

    In a season where we don't know how many games they will play - I'm not even thinking about the record. I'm gonna learn about who this team is 1 week at a time in 2020.  I see a lot of new faces joining a team that was 7-9 in 2018 and 6-10 in 2019 that didn't have any mini-camps and OTAs together with only 5-6 weeks to GET IT without preseason games and hit the ground running.  And, oh BTW, there's a new HC, OC, and DC here with that challenge; so I don't know where you are reading people are predicting the second coming of the Undefeated 72 Dolphins this year.  What I will say again, is I like how many areas  the FO addressed this off-season regardless of how worried I am about the LB Corps.  Not for nothing, there's still some FA LBs available that can help us. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This kid worked so hard. I can't believe the season ends like this for him....

    Hopefully we'll get some good news soon. Hyperextensions can hurt like a a BEEOTCH, but once the swelling comes down the joints often respond well to therapy. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's back in 4-6 weeks. 

    I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.  BUT, Terrell Davis once had to overcome a college career at UGA marred by injury as did another RB from that school (Garrison Hearst overcoming injuries in beginning of his NFL career).  Torn ACLs are no longer the career death sentence they once were if that is the injury... Looking forward to the Return of the Mack!!!

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @flugel said:

    I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either. 

    If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version.  The piano intro really helps hype the song.

    @nickers said:

    I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky...  I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..

    Since you're now floating into my territory and talking about a coach who hails from one of my favorite football tree's,  what specifically about the philosophy don't you like?

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #67

    Consider the team our D-coordinator came from.

    Got it? OK, now

    .  It includes commentary on the Match 3 coverage which Saban and Belichick developed in the mid-90's when both were Cleveland staff.