Skip to content

***Official Gameday Thread Browns at Ravens

The Browns Board
379 47 11.4k 1
  • Pretty difficult watching a rival quarterback turning into a superstar while your number one pick is failing to progress, especially when your dude has clearly better talent around him. Only silver lining today here Is that outside the chiefs this was the toughest week one draw in the NFL.

    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    Pretty difficult watching a rival quarterback turning into a superstar while your number one pick is failing to progress, especially when your dude has clearly better talent. Only silver lining today here Is that outside the chiefs this was the toughest week one draw in the NFL.

    What?

  • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by

    We look really bad. Almost unready to play. It is what it is. I think we will look better as the year goes on 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Took Balt to cover, in case anyone was wondering.

  • We look really bad. Almost unready to play. It is what it is. I think we will look better as the year goes on 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    We look really bad. Almost unready to play. It is what it is. I think we will look better as the year goes on 

    I agree, and I surely hope so.

    Hard to look much worse. 

  • BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr wrote on last edited by BrownsFan4Evr

    Our defense is making Jackson look better than he is. At least an Ohio State guy is doing well.

  • We look really bad. Almost unready to play. It is what it is. I think we will look better as the year goes on 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    We look really bad. Almost unready to play. It is what it is. I think we will look better as the year goes on 

    I was pretty sure of a blowout... 4th and 41? Special...  

    Can we keep them under 50?   I agree with others, that was a very unfair draw 1st week of the season. The bright side? 16 team are going to be 0-1 after Monday night.. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Pretty difficult watching a rival quarterback turning into a superstar while your number one pick is failing to progress, especially when your dude has clearly better talent. Only silver lining today here Is that outside the chiefs this was the toughest week one draw in the NFL.

    What?

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @falcon7 said:

    What?

    What was so difficult to understand amigo? Watching jackson be a superstar while baker takes 4th down sacks with good protection, throw a ball high to an open man on 3rd, and throw bad footballs is tough to watch. You want to explain it you like a 3rd grader? 

  • Pretty difficult watching a rival quarterback turning into a superstar while your number one pick is failing to progress, especially when your dude has clearly better talent around him. Only silver lining today here Is that outside the chiefs this was the toughest week one draw in the NFL.

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    Pretty difficult watching a rival quarterback turning into a superstar while your number one pick is failing to progress, especially when your dude has clearly better talent. Only silver lining today here Is that outside the chiefs this was the toughest week one draw in the NFL.

    It's really frustrating, man. I just don't understand how an organization can suck so bad for so long without showing any signs of improvement over decades. It just boggles the mind.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Pretty difficult watching a rival quarterback turning into a superstar while your number one pick is failing to progress, especially when your dude has clearly better talent. Only silver lining today here Is that outside the chiefs this was the toughest week one draw in the NFL.

    It's really frustrating, man. I just don't understand how an organization can suck so bad for so long without showing any signs of improvement over decades. It just boggles the mind.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @jbluhm86 said:

    It's really frustrating, man. I just don't understand how an organization can suck so bad for so long without showing any signs of improvement over decades. It just boggles the mind.

    Some people value consistency. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    OBJ wide open for a TD, pass isn't in the same zip code. Suh-weet. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Pretty difficult watching a rival quarterback turning into a superstar while your number one pick is failing to progress, especially when your dude has clearly better talent. Only silver lining today here Is that outside the chiefs this was the toughest week one draw in the NFL.

    It's really frustrating, man. I just don't understand how an organization can suck so bad for so long without showing any signs of improvement over decades. It just boggles the mind.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @jbluhm86 said:

    It's really frustrating, man. I just don't understand how an organization can suck so bad for so long without showing any signs of improvement over decades. It just boggles the mind.

    The owner should be in jail. 

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    It's really frustrating, man. I just don't understand how an organization can suck so bad for so long without showing any signs of improvement over decades. It just boggles the mind.

    Some people value consistency. 

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Some people value consistency. 

    Wasn't expecting a win this week but no bright spots except Njoku and Hunt today. Special teams is a disaster, Linebackers and secondary exposed, OBJ will be traded and Baker hasn't shown much progress.

  • @typicalbrowns50 said:

    We look really bad. Almost unready to play. It is what it is. I think we will look better as the year goes on 

    I was pretty sure of a blowout... 4th and 41? Special...  

    Can we keep them under 50?   I agree with others, that was a very unfair draw 1st week of the season. The bright side? 16 team are going to be 0-1 after Monday night.. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I was pretty sure of a blowout... 4th and 41? Special...  

    Can we keep them under 50?   I agree with others, that was a very unfair draw 1st week of the season. The bright side? 16 team are going to be 0-1 after Monday night.. 

    How many will be 0-2 After week 2?  The Browns will be there for sure

  • @falcon7 said:

    What?

    What was so difficult to understand amigo? Watching jackson be a superstar while baker takes 4th down sacks with good protection, throw a ball high to an open man on 3rd, and throw bad footballs is tough to watch. You want to explain it you like a 3rd grader? 

    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    What was so difficult to understand amigo? Watching jackson be a superstar while baker takes 4th down sacks with good protection, throw a ball high to an open man on 3rd, and throw bad footballs is tough to watch. You want to explain it you like a 3rd grader? 

    You said this asshole: "especially when your dude has clearly better talent."

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Some people value consistency. 

    Wasn't expecting a win this week but no bright spots except Njoku and Hunt today. Special teams is a disaster, Linebackers and secondary exposed, OBJ will be traded and Baker hasn't shown much progress.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mddawg said:

    Wasn't expecting a win this week but no bright spots except Njoku and Hunt today. Special teams is a disaster, Linebackers and secondary exposed, OBJ will be traded and Baker hasn't shown much progress.

    Remember, this is a new coaching staff with a fucked up off-season...

    That's all I have in my Silver Linings playbook. 

  • @mddawg said:

    Wasn't expecting a win this week but no bright spots except Njoku and Hunt today. Special teams is a disaster, Linebackers and secondary exposed, OBJ will be traded and Baker hasn't shown much progress.

    Remember, this is a new coaching staff with a fucked up off-season...

    That's all I have in my Silver Linings playbook. 

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by MDDawg

    @dutch-oven said:

    Remember, this is a new coaching staff with a fucked up off-season...

    That's all I have in my Silver Linings playbook. 

    This truncated offseason was going to hit us harder but loss of our linebackers and players in the secondary will kill this season. Having said that, I'm also watching the Panthers game, rookie College coach and mainly college staff but look like a professional football team.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    What was so difficult to understand amigo? Watching jackson be a superstar while baker takes 4th down sacks with good protection, throw a ball high to an open man on 3rd, and throw bad footballs is tough to watch. You want to explain it you like a 3rd grader? 

    You said this asshole: "especially when your dude has clearly better talent."

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @falcon7 said:

    You said this asshole: "especially when your dude has clearly better talent."

    Baker has the 2nd leading rusher, a back up RB they paid 13 million dollars, a five time pro bowl WR who set the record for most receptions through 5 years, the highest paid TE in the league, and a WR most consider top 10 in the nfl. Three of our offensive lineman and pro bowlers, and our tackle is a top 10 pick. Not to mention, Baker was numero uno drafted. 

    None of that is true for ravens on offense and we just got embarrassed. Willie Snead will have more yards than OBJ today. Should I instead explain that like a 2nd grader to you?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Remember, this is a new coaching staff with a fucked up off-season...

    That's all I have in my Silver Linings playbook. 

    This truncated offseason was going to hit us harder but loss of our linebackers and players in the secondary will kill this season. Having said that, I'm also watching the Panthers game, rookie College coach and mainly college staff but look like a professional football team.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mddawg said:

    This truncated offseason was going to hit us harder but loss of our linebackers and players in the secondary will kill this season.

    Yep. 

    That's the reason I have them at 6-10.

  • @mddawg said:

    Wasn't expecting a win this week but no bright spots except Njoku and Hunt today. Special teams is a disaster, Linebackers and secondary exposed, OBJ will be traded and Baker hasn't shown much progress.

    Remember, this is a new coaching staff with a fucked up off-season...

    That's all I have in my Silver Linings playbook. 

    tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Remember, this is a new coaching staff with a fucked up off-season...

    That's all I have in my Silver Linings playbook. 

    From a record-setting/keeping perspective, the Browns have extended their lead for consecutive seasons w/o a season opening win...

    But yeah, there is a lot for the coaches to unpack and review after today. A bad opener isn't a surprise, but, I'm interested in how the new staff are going to respond.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Remember, this is a new coaching staff with a fucked up off-season...

    That's all I have in my Silver Linings playbook. 

    From a record-setting/keeping perspective, the Browns have extended their lead for consecutive seasons w/o a season opening win...

    But yeah, there is a lot for the coaches to unpack and review after today. A bad opener isn't a surprise, but, I'm interested in how the new staff are going to respond.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tinythinker said:

    From a record-setting/keeping perspective, the Browns have extended their lead for consecutive seasons w/o a season opening win...

    But yeah, there is a lot for the coaches to unpack and review after today. A bad opener isn't a surprise, but, I'm interested in how the new staff are going to respond.

    If the Browns lose Thursday night vs Cincinnati, it will get interesting.