Change the Name
-
Please, by all means, change the name of this Team. Not because the name offends me personally, though there may be many out there who do believe it is offensive.....so please appease them.
No, change it because this name I think has become a curse. The name they should change to is: The Choking Dogs. Because that is exactly what they have been my entire life....which has been long. Their last title was in 1948, 4 years before I was born. Two years later, after having one of the best seasons in MLB history....they choked away the 1954 World Series. I was only 2 so I didn't experience that......But they then proceeded to CHOKE for the next 40+ years. ALL through my entire childhood and into my young adult life. It was not until I was 43 years old, middle aged, that I finally saw them in the postseason. And they choked away the 1995 WS despite having one of the best lineups ever IMO; they choked away 1997, they choked away 2016....plus they choked away other like 3-1 or 3-2 leads in other postseason play, or at other times just failed to show up, despite being considered the better team.
They are the Chokers, the Jokers, the Fuckyou Midnight Stokers.
So, the current name is a curse.
And I am OUT on this team until they do change the name. I will bother with them no more after they have give me 60 years (I started following when I was like
of Fuck you.
Why should I?
(I mean, shit, at least with the Browns I did see a Championship)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login